Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,204 members, 7,893,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 07:56 PM

Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! (8789 Views)

Poll: Do you support the ban of condoms and other "unnatural" contraceptives?

Yes: 7% (8 votes)
No: 92% (95 votes)
This poll has ended

Cross River State Has Not Banned Devotion In Schools –SSG / Buhari Incapable Of Ruling A Democratic State, Has A Dark Past – Edwin Clark / Kano State Has The Highest Population In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by 4Play(m): 9:54pm On Apr 08, 2008
nwando:

na wa o
and people were here getting their anti catholic groove on when the whole story was false shocked shocked shocked
who knew?

I was waiting all the while for Oyb to say something stupid make I pounce on am. grin
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by 4Play(m): 9:56pm On Apr 08, 2008
D-reloaded:

Good thing I don't need such threads to still have my words against the Catholic Church cheesy

Look at this Ekiti woman.Make I go find something on your state. grin
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by bawomolo(m): 10:50pm On Apr 08, 2008
i doubt u'd find anything since ekiti is barren
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by 4Play(m): 11:13pm On Apr 08, 2008
bawomolo:

i doubt u'd find anything since ekiti is barren

Their House Speaker whipped out a pistol and opened fire on civilians for insulting him.Each state Govt seems to have its fair share of lunatics. grin
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by sunej(m): 11:30pm On Apr 08, 2008
Total crap, they wan rate highest in Aids vulnerability and teenage/unwanted pregnancy?
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Dreloaded(f): 11:39pm On Apr 08, 2008
bawomolo, are you ok? angry
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Ajebota(f): 12:42am On Apr 09, 2008
embarassed o pari o Nigeria is truly a crazy place. Missing aircraft, banning of condoms. Am beginning to think our government officials are straight up lunatics. They all need psychiatric help sharply sharply!
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by allonym: 2:29am On Apr 09, 2008
I'm am shocked! Nigerians actually have sex?

See, this again is the influence of western culture. Bringing all sorts of immorality into the country. Before this, we were perfectly content to wait for the stork to delivery our children, now we must be concerned with using condoms for family planning.

Chai!
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Nobody: 7:41am On Apr 09, 2008
nwando:

na wa o
and people were here getting their anti catholic groove on when the whole story was false shocked shocked shocked
who knew?

look whos talking - the biggest anti mu slim groover on the indecent dressing thread last year.

4 Play:

I was waiting all the while for Oyb to say something stupid make I pounce on am.  grin

abeg go and pounce on your state girls. grin you no longer have an excuse for skin on skin action- wait you do - you're catholic   grin

sanctifier of p***y.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by jkpretty(f): 9:34am On Apr 09, 2008
Amongst the many problems Nigeria has got. The matter of contraceptives comes to the mind of the government the most. Hmmn! surely we need to wipe out the overaged people in government or replace their brains with new ones.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Arnold1(m): 10:02am On Apr 09, 2008
oyb:

look whos talking - the biggest anti mu slim groover on the indecent dressing thread last year.

LMAO So true
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by JayCee100: 10:39am On Apr 09, 2008
D-reloaded (f)
JYork

Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives!
« #25 on: Yesterday at 05:23:34 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
wel 4Play such a stance is more popular with Catholics since they think it's normal to have 14 children

@D-reloaded,

Could you backup your statement with any proof? some reference? where this was clearly stated?
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by migareigns(m): 1:56pm On Apr 09, 2008
i will like to thank the people behind this idea. i never knew that there was going to be an award for " the government that is has done the most to spread A.I.D.S in nigeria" the anambra govt should get really . PEOPLE WILL HAVE SEX OUT OF WEDLOCK. that is a fact so one can only hope people will abstain but should not take away condoms in bid to force. the amount of people having unsafe sex is high enough already with this law it will sky rocket!!!!
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Maneater1(f): 2:05pm On Apr 09, 2008
What are they trying to do? increase the population in niaja or increase the amount of street kids, or increase the rate of abortions?
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Dreloaded(f): 2:23pm On Apr 09, 2008
JayCee

Go and ask your pope. wink
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by soulgrease(m): 2:51pm On Apr 09, 2008
embarassedI'm ashamed to know that people are still this naive in this nation.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by DTWINS1(m): 3:43pm On Apr 09, 2008
Ibo girls are extremely promiscous and the men randy as hell, now they want them to have sex without condoms? may God help them so whenever i am off to the east i'll go with an extra loggage of my flavoured toys na them sabi if them like make put customs for express to check loggage we must do our thing,na because the commisioner no see his size na why e ban am instead for am to write Durex or Zazoo to make HIS SPEC e come de ban am openly make everybody FOR de do freestyle.
Brothers make una NO listen oh we cannot be like South Africa or Zimbabwe where life expectancy is 34 for ladies and 37 for Guys.
NO GLOVE NO LOVE tongue tongue tongue grin
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by eiete(f): 7:28pm On Apr 09, 2008
@ D-TWINS.
Ibo girls are extremely promiscous and the men randy as hell, now they want them to have sex without condoms?
My friend you were asked to make a comment about the banned sale of contraceptives in Anambra State, not generalize and insult every Igbo person due to an error in jugement of one.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by dee02(m): 9:17pm On Apr 09, 2008
why dont dey ban sex as well?!
di/ckhead of a government!

D-TWINS:

Ibo girls are extremely promiscous and the men randy as hell, now they want them to have sex without condoms? may God help them so whenever i am off to the east i'll go with an extra loggage of my flavoured toys na them sabi if them like make put customs for express to check loggage we must do our thing,na because the commisioner no see his size na why e ban am instead for am to write Durex or Zazoo to make HIS SPEC e come de ban am openly make everybody FOR de do freestyle.
Brothers make una NO listen oh we cannot be like South Africa or Zimbabwe where life expectancy is 34 for ladies and 37 for Guys.
NO GLOVE NO LOVE tongue tongue tongue grin

lmao

to add to that D-Twins, i think everyone is entitled to thier opinion, if D-Twins thinks Ibo girls are promiscuous then fair play because 98% of IBO girls i have met love to su/ck, fu/ck and bru/ck!
however i am not for insulting tribes, i respect everyone!lol
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 09, 2008
dee02:

why don't dey ban sex as well?!
lol! i'm sure they will soon enough lipsrsealed
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by shangy(m): 12:29pm On Apr 10, 2008
Here we go again, the drama of myopic vision has started.

This is obviously a very crass decision by the state health ministry and governemt of Anambra state, its a infringement of the rights of its citizenry and a denial of choice, I wont be surprised that this descision was made to to please a certain faction of society 'gatekeepers' from the religious realm to score cheap political points forgeting the public health and well-being of its people.

For a state with a high prevalence of HIV and also unsafe abortions and teenage pregnancy, this is a very bad way to look at solving key problems in the year 2008.

I'm quite passionate about this but I will encourage peeps to contribute and share their views.

Condoms and other forms of contraception are not negative or bad things and so is sexuality education.

Concerning Abortion, there is significant statistics to show that there is a lot of unsafe abortion taking place, with proper orientation and socialization, we can keep abortion rates low but as pro-choice I still feel we need clinics providing safe abortions for women who feel they are not ready to have children.

Anambra State is a public health disaster waiting to happen!
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by spikedcylinder: 1:01pm On Apr 10, 2008
lol@ pu**y sanctifier!
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by omoashion(m): 2:50pm On Apr 10, 2008
These guys are sick. This country has issues that are a million times more pressing than people shagging themselves. Instead of them to think of how to implement policies that would make life better he's banning the sale of condoms. He's mad. Like someone posted earlier, Nigeria has one of the highest incidents of HIV and the fool thinks that's the best way to stop it HE MUST BE STUPID. That's what we get from illiterate people who vote for illiterates just because they share 2 bags of rice for some street traders durin their campaign. All the leaders in this country are bleeped UP instead of moving the country forward they bring up pointless and stupid policies. I read in a paper the other day about some of the senators tryin to pass a bill to implement a dress code for women in the country, ABSOLUTE RUBBISH!!!!! THEY ARE ALL A BUNCH OF STUPID, OLD, EGOTISTIC, SELF-CENTRED, GREEDY, SHAMELESS, UNINTELLIGENT, ASSHOLES with no iotre of intelligence in them.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by subice(m): 3:58pm On Apr 10, 2008
shocked These guys in government are so out of touch with reality. Talk about misplaced priorities and retrogressive policies. Let's see how long this lasts.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by grafikdon: 8:01pm On Apr 10, 2008
That was a false rumour. Can it folks.

Not that I will be shocked if some Anambra religious zealot suggests such a ridiculous measure. lipsrsealed Actually I was shocked to the bone marrows the first time the rumour hit me. . . fortunately it was confirmed to be unfounded. Whew! That was too close for comfort.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by TCUBE(m): 4:38am On Apr 11, 2008
no contraceptives---- result

1) increase birthrate
2) increase teenage pregnancy
3) increase in sexually trans. desease,

married folks use contraceptives too right?
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Kobojunkie: 5:45am On Apr 11, 2008
TCUBE:

no contraceptives---- result

1) increase birthrate
2) increase teenage pregnancy
3) increase in sexually trans. desease,

married folks use contraceptives too right?

Are you sure this is factual and has been proven in this case or just making this claim cause you assume people can not live without these "modern" methods of contraception?? I mean before contraceptives were introduced, people did thrive and live. Even with the introduction of contraceptives, teenage pregnancy rates remain higher than it used to be and sexual diseases and birthrates are not necessarily on the decline. Look at the congolese pygmies for a clue. These people, only a couple of years ago started wearing cloths and yet, in their community, they do not have all those problems. There are people out there who do not even have sex cause they understand the potential consequences of their actions. People are not mainly born stupid, they choose to act stupid on the most part and most all the factors you listed above come with some form of action on the part of the people who get become a part of the statistics in one way or another. Rape/blood transfusion accidents remain in the micro minority when the statistics is considered and this happens to be the case in even most of the developed world.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Nobody: 10:38am On Apr 11, 2008
hmmm. . .

can we be sure that 2face is not really from anambra grin grin grin,

or perhaps they ain't into 'sheathed entry' in benue either
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by AEjiro(m): 3:10pm On Apr 11, 2008
@ RELOADED
Go and ask your pope.

IF U KEEP MAKING DIS KIND OF POST U WILL AMOUNT LESS TO NOTIN IN MY RATING, To tink i use to admire and see u as a sensible Lady. Pls learn to be more tolerant (religious wise)
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by DoubleN(m): 5:39pm On Apr 11, 2008
Utter Madness!
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by Warrene(m): 8:54am On Apr 12, 2008
Governor Obi don go court so tey him don forget his promises to the people. I no fit remember if him promise Anambra people this one.
Re: Anambra State Has Banned The Sale Of Contraceptives! by amaikama(m): 9:59am On Apr 12, 2008
We are all quick to condem but slow to reason. sad Is the world full that we need to control our child birth or population? For guys, how much do u spend on condoms in a day, week or months?

Pls need answers. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos-ibadan Expressway: FG Kicks Out Bi-courtney, Award Contracts To Berger, RC / Ngige Youth Stoning Story Fabricated ! / United State Fires Back At Christian Association Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.