Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,139 members, 7,970,511 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 10:31 AM

What Did You Learn In Today's Service? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did You Learn In Today's Service? (7064 Views)

Any Funny Or Interesting Experience In Today's Service? Come In And Share / How Was Today's Service In Ur Church, Lets Here Ur Experience With God Today / What Did You Learn At Church Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by sperony(m): 4:46pm On May 19, 2013
When you complain you remain but when you praise you will be raised
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by salt1: 4:46pm On May 19, 2013
At Apostolic Faith, Paul and Silas in Prison. The Philippian jailer was actually the spiritual prisoner who needed the preaching of Paul and Silas to be free.

There is no night so dark that prayer and praise cannot proceed from the heart and mouth of a true child of God. Every experience of a child of God ultimately works for our good: Paul and Silas' suffering led to a miracle which has inspired Christians through the ages.

Avoid those who will tell you the future: God in His mercy has hidden details of the future from us so that we can live by faith "the just shall live by his faith".
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Limaoscar: 5:11pm On May 19, 2013
The infilling and baptism of the Holyspirit is always symbolized by speaking in tongues. Just curious, does the priest speak in tongues. 1 Cor 14:2 "For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mystries". So you see. That the people understood them was a sign. We should read our bible personally. Anyways, today was healing and medical sunday, so i learnt dt we need to rest. Some health problems we have is a result of lack of rest. Even God rested, even though he doesn't get tired according to Isaiah 40:28. He did this to show us the important of rest. Spiritual rest is to be in Christ. Rest for soul is by casting ur cares on the Lord. Physical rest is important. But without spiritual rest, you can not see the kingdom of God.

@Olumyde,
You 're a true Berean Christian. Choco-Pearl may never agree with you. The reason is clear...He is Catholic and that is the way He's been wired by the Catholic doctrines that drives His beliefs
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Sanboy25: 5:11pm On May 19, 2013
spikes C:

Naa, i meant ur religion/church

I am a lost sheep grin
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by spikesC(m): 5:18pm On May 19, 2013
Sanboy25:

I am a lost sheep grin

Lol...well, u've just been found. May the heavens sing hossana wink
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Sanboy25: 5:22pm On May 19, 2013
spikes C:

Lol...well, u've just been found. May the heavens sing hossana wink

cheesy cheesy lol, and are you Christian ?
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by spikesC(m): 5:37pm On May 19, 2013
Sanboy25:

cheesy cheesy lol, and are you Christian ?

Yeah, from time imemorial wink
You? What were u? What changed ya?

I believe everyone has a story to tell cool
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Nogen: 5:54pm On May 19, 2013
And David said to the men who stood by him, "What shall be done for the man who kills this Philistine (Boko) and takes away the reproach from Israel (Nigeria)? For who is this uncircumcised Philistine (Boko), that he should defy the armies of the living God?" Your servant has struck down both lions and bears, and this uncircumcised Philistine (Boko) shall be like one of them, for he has defied the armies of the living God."
And David said, "The LORD who delivered me from the paw of the lion and from the paw of the bear will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine(Boko)." And Saul said to David, "Go, and the LORD be with you!"The Philistine(Boko) and that all this assembly may know that the LORD saves not with sword and spear. For the battle is the LORD's, and he will give you (Bokos) into our hand." said to David, "Come to me, and I will give your flesh to the birds of the air and to the beasts of the field." This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand, and I will strike you down and cut off your head. And I will give the dead bodies of the host of the Philistines (Bokos) this day to the birds of the air and to the wild beasts of the earth, that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel(Nigeria),
and that all this assembly may know that the LORD saves not with sword and spear. For the battle is the LORD's, and he will give you bokos into our hand."

1 Like

Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Sanboy25: 5:59pm On May 19, 2013
spikes C:

Yeah, from time imemorial wink
You? What were u? What changed ya?

I believe everyone has a story to tell cool

I grew up in a very religious Christian family, I was really into God for a moment but after I went into a period of doubt and my mother and her pastor (who came at our house just to talk with me) tried to force their views on me and were putting me under pressure with their "Hell" business, so I decided to take a break from religion up till now.
but I didn't tell my mom anything because I know that it will grieve her to know that I am not into christianity for now, she already prays for my soul every nights and mornings... cry

But even with this situation, I have kept my moral values, I doesn't do evil and restrain from pre-marital sex ( I am still virgin smiley )

Here is my story. grin
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Sanboy25: 6:01pm On May 19, 2013

Maybe a day I'll come back to Christianity, I don't know as yet.
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by esperiense(m): 6:09pm On May 19, 2013
I learnt thar some people are still sinners cry
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Sanboy25: 6:11pm On May 19, 2013
esperiense: I learnt thar some people are still sinners cry

Pray for my soul please.
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by spikesC(m): 6:16pm On May 19, 2013
Sanboy25:

I grew up in a very religious Christian family, I was really into God for a moment but after I went into a period of doubt and my mother and her pastor (who came at our house just to talk with me) tried to force their views on me and were putting me under pressure with their "Hell" business, so I decided to take a break from religion up till now.
but I didn't tell my mom anything because I know that it will grieve her to know that I am not into christianity for now, she already prays for my soul every nights and mornings... cry

But even with this situation, I have kept my moral values, I doesn't do evil and restrain from pre-marital sex ( I am still virgin smiley )

Here is my story. grin

Lol...not surprised really

So many people defect because of that. I don't believe religious views should be forced down people's throat, but should be provided as guidiance. Thumbs up for keeping ya moral
values. I bet it's not even easy on ur part cool

Sanboy25:
Maybe a day I'll come back to Christianity, I don't know as yet.

Ofcourse dear, just make sure it's from your heart. Don't let anyone push you into it without a clear understanding. It might go sour wink
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by spikesC(m): 6:17pm On May 19, 2013
esperiense: I learnt thar some people are still sinners cry

I learnt everyone is tongue
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Sanboy25: 6:26pm On May 19, 2013
spikes C:
Thumbs up for keeping ya moral
values. I bet it's not even easy on ur part cool

Lol it is very easy I never went out with a guy before, neither kiss, so I don't know how it feels and it doesn't miss me.
When I get pretendant, I just shove them off politely and they understands.
I am focusing on school right now so it's okay anyway. cheesy
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by spikesC(m): 6:42pm On May 19, 2013
Sanboy25:

Lol it is very easy I never went out with a guy before, neither kiss, so I don't know how it feels and it doesn't miss me.
When I get pretendant, I just shove them off politely and they understands.
I am focusing on school right now so it's okay anyway. cheesy
undecided
You're one hell of a girl.

You just haven't found that prince who would sweep you off ya feet tongue
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Sanboy25: 6:46pm On May 19, 2013
spikes C:
undecided
You're one hell of a girl.

You just haven't found that prince who would sweep you off ya feet tongue

It's surely that... I'm not looking for him anyway so...
do you have a girlfriend, or are you married ?
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Pius007: 6:50pm On May 19, 2013
I learnt when u allow God to lead you,U 'll be protected and favored. Is a risk leading urself because there's way seems right to a man but the end is destruction.
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by spikesC(m): 6:55pm On May 19, 2013
Sanboy25:

It's surely that... I'm not looking for him anyway so...
do you have a girlfriend, or are you married ?

U dont have to look, he comes when due like a thief in the night and steals ur heart with ur permission smiley

None........do you believe me?
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Sanboy25: 6:58pm On May 19, 2013
spikes C:

U dont have to look, he comes when due like a thief in the night and steals ur heart with ur permission smiley

None........do you believe me?

If you say so why will I doubt your words ?
Aren't you looking for someone ?
Will you be a candidate for Mr Nairaland? Do you want me to nominate you tomorrow ?
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Neduzze5(m): 7:04pm On May 19, 2013
Sanboy25:

Here is my story. grin

Lol!
My belle oh!!
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by spikesC(m): 7:05pm On May 19, 2013
Sanboy25:

If you say so why will I doubt your words ?
Aren't you looking for someone ?
Will you be a candidate for Mr Nairaland? Do you want me to nominate you tomorrow ?

Lol...ofcourse, old nairaland peeps would doubt me embarassed

Looking is relative? I cant really say a YES or a NO to that.
Mr. Nairaland? Naaah, i'll pass. I contested last time though, it turned out sour. Glad to know u would nominate moi kiss

But you, you'll get my vote cool
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by spikesC(m): 7:07pm On May 19, 2013
Neduzze5:

Lol!
My belle oh!!

Mumu sad
Read her siggy undecided
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Sanboy25: 7:09pm On May 19, 2013
Neduzze5:
Lol!
My belle oh!!

I doesn't see where is the joke here, there are still people (women) that are straight in their life and won't give up on chastity even when the world portrays sex as a common thing.
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Sanboy25: 7:12pm On May 19, 2013
spikes C:

Lol...ofcourse, old nairaland peeps would doubt me embarassed

Looking is relative? I cant really say a YES or a NO to that.
Mr. Nairaland? Naaah, i'll pass. I contested last time though, it turned out sour. Glad to know u would nominate moi kiss

But you, you'll get my vote cool

Lol thanks for the vote grin
Even if I doesn't win, I find it worth the participation, life is just a game after all...
Was the competition that harsh with you ?
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Nogen: 7:16pm On May 19, 2013
Sanboy25:

I doesn't see where is the joke here, there are still people (women) that are straight in their life and won't give up on chastity even when the world portrays sex as a common thing.

I don't see not I doesn't see.
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by spikesC(m): 7:19pm On May 19, 2013
Sanboy25:

Lol thanks for the vote grin
Even if I doesn't win, I find it worth the participation, life is just a game after all...
Was the competition that harsh with you ?

Awwww, i like your attitude..thumbs up wink

Not harsh really, it turned sour for everyone involved. Disorganised, kiddies stuff etc. So many people opted out, including me.

So, you're french. France?
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Sanboy25: 7:19pm On May 19, 2013
Nogen:

I don't see not I doesn't see.

Ah ok, thanks for correcting me.
I'll get a good grade on my next English test thanks to you cheesy
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Sanboy25: 7:21pm On May 19, 2013
spikes C:

Awwww, i like your attitude..thumbs up wink

Not harsh really, it turned sour for everyone involved. Disorganised, kiddies stuff etc. So many people opted out, including me.

So, you're french. France?

Yes I am based in France, I was born and grew up here.
You are in Nigeria ?
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by spikesC(m): 7:24pm On May 19, 2013
Sanboy25:

Yes I am based in France, I was born and grew up here.
You are in Nigeria ?

Yeah.
U're studying in kent, UK right?
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Nogen: 7:25pm On May 19, 2013
Sanboy25:

Ah ok, thanks for correcting me.
I'll get a good grade on my next English test thanks to you cheesy

Pas de quoi.
Re: What Did You Learn In Today's Service? by Sanboy25: 7:29pm On May 19, 2013
spikes C:

Yeah.
U're studying in kent, UK right?

No I am studying in France, but I plan to go study in England in 2 years I don't know in which university though
Do you know people studying in Kent ? Is it a good university ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can Someone Pls Explain Koran 10:94 / 17 Top FACTs U Probably Don't Know About JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES / Where Can One Buy Church Pulpit In Lagos?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.