Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,846 members, 7,889,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 10:01 PM

SOS..Your response is needed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SOS..Your response is needed (783 Views)

SOS. Your Advice Needed. Worst Xmas Ever. / Emir Sanusi's Response To His Marriage To Saadatu - Theheraldng.com / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Okonjo-Iweala's Response To Charles Soludo's Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

SOS..Your response is needed by Kaestro(m): 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2008
First of all,this topic is not meant to generate any argument therefore please exercise caution when when replying or offsetting your views.It would be appreciated if responses are kept strictly to positivity.This is meant to help me and whoever cares kick start a project in offering my little contribution to my land.
[b]
Moderator:[/b]I would have posted this article here, but it didn't seem to be of interest to a lot.https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-1127.0.html#msg21619

Following the persistent regressive trend in majority of our economic sectors, Nigerians are continually going about their businesses with so much to debate about, so much to moan and groan about. It has become common knowledge to an ordinary 5 year old child that the country is being run by money grabbing, self supporting, power-wielding, disreputable leaders. The citizens have mastered the art of constructive political analysis so much everybody knows what is right but chooses to go wrong for economic excuses; however we are paying less attention to proffering solution to the situation, we are less concerned about actually braking this systematic down slope movement towards destruction. We are constantly neglecting our duties to the country for the sake of surviving. We have lost our sense of pride; our social values are deteriorating on a major scale, our image has become so embarrassing that we only perceive ourselves as been normal. Nigerians are being mistreated and abused all over the globe, we have assumed the title of most negative activities than can be mentioned in any deficient person.We have fine tuned the definition of success and greatness into oppression, enslavement, get rich quickly, thuggery, fraud, disregard of rule of law, nepotism, illegal enrichment etc.

As a matter of fact it will be pointless going on about the ills in our society rather it will be more progressive to channel our thoughts, arguments, anger, desperation, psyche, towards starting a mental based revolution. As the saying of “time for everything” goes we should retire the current mentality of “e go better” and go with “how can I make it better"
We are known to be very intelligent people , though very diverse but make an effort to keep peace; we are peculiar in every strange environment, we are the sixth largest oil producing nation which puts our popularity amongst other bigger nations, we were known for exporting good quality of Agricultural  materials which still exists, we are referred to as the biggest black populace, we are known to be very determined, collectively we have produced the most successful Africans at home and in the diaspora, some of our cultures expand as far as the Americas, the Caribbean and beyond.There are countless attributes that can still be taken advantage of when it comes to this nation called Nigeria so why are we still going on about the same issue everyday? I personally think in as much as we should hold our leaders accountable,we should on the other hand begin a curative process to enable this generation and the coming hold destiny in their hands as opposed to the present.

Over time I have studied many topics and comments on this forum,consequently I have come across not only great potential writers but also analysts,potential politicians,teachers,potential law enforcers,etc in most of you.This has prompted me to ask this lot of you the following questions:

Do you have any possible solutions ideas to the current wave of things in Nigeria?
If so,are you prepared to solely or jointly implement these ideas towards an impact?
If you were given the batton,where do you think should be the first point of call in terms of national development?
How long will it take from now to actually begin a re-orientation process to help restore a more adaptable enviroment?environment willing to sacrifice for Nigeria?
Is it possible to actually affect this nation by way of positive change?

All answers and ideas are welcomed,however this is the start of my contribution and hopefully it will be actualised.
Lets wake up the Einsteins,Bill Gates,Soyinkas,Mandelas,Gani Fawehimis and the likes amongst us.Lets quit the jibber jabber and get on with the programme.I am with [size=16pt]YOU [/size] who is ready to begin the transformation.

(1) (Reply)

Us Moved To Create Civil War With Palestinians / Iyabo Obasanjo- Bello: How Far Can She Run? / Alao-akala Paid My N5m Hospital Bill – Adedibu (bastards,thank God For Hell Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.