Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,675 members, 7,951,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 03:30 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (228) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (435512 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 6:19pm On Jul 12, 2014
Hello house, One of our members call me not quite long and told me they arrested some people that went for an interview yesterday at the embassy, pls did anyone aware of this?.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by stdammis(m): 6:28pm On Jul 12, 2014
AREOLA: Please 4 those who have collected their visas, can only me go to collect 4 d whole family?since I'm d PA.If yes,will it be ready exactly a week as d CO said.also, how r we goin to pay 4 d green card?thanks.
sure, you can even send sum1 to pick dem up for you....under normal circumstance, it should be ready for pickup by that 1 week......track ur visa with that caec site to know how its going...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by AREOLA: 6:35pm On Jul 12, 2014
Adeboy007: Hello house, One of our members call me not quite long and told me they arrested some people that went for an interview yesterday at the embassy, pls did anyone aware
of this?.

Yesterday was our interview nd nobody was arrested because all d NIV have even gone b4 11.30am.we left d embassy ard 12noon nd it was just 4 pple that rem in d hall.Embassy close 1pm fridays.think its a lie nd just a rumour.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by stdammis(m): 6:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
AREOLA:

Yesterday was our interview nd nobody was arrested because all d NIV have even gone b4 11.30am.we left d embassy ard 12noon nd it was just 4 pple that rem in d hall.Embassy close 1pm fridays.think its a lie nd just a rumour.
you might not know sum1 had bn arrested, I don't think they arrest ppl in the hall.....its when you get outside, so ppl inside won't even know sumfin happened outside

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2014
AREOLA:

Thank you so much ... maybe its not true or maybe it is
stdammis: you might not know sum1 had bn arrested, I don't think they arrest ppl in the hall.....its when you get outside, so ppl inside won't even know sumfin happened outside

@Stammis thanks to you too and wat u said now makes me remember one guy dat posted his interview, (I think July 3rd) that talks about someone trying to impersonate him and he said he never knew they arrested the imposer not until wen he got outside and see the guy wit a handcuff and arrested.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by stdammis(m): 8:23pm On Jul 12, 2014
Adeboy007:

@Stammis thanks to you too and wat u said now makes me remember one guy dat posted his interview, (I think July 3rd) that talks about someone trying to impersonate him and he said he never knew they arrested the imposer not until wen he got outside and see the guy wit a handcuff and arrested.
yeah, am that guy

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by stdammis(m): 9:56pm On Jul 12, 2014
Adeboy007:

Thank you so much ... maybe its not true or maybe it is

yeah, am dat guy.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by marymary14(f): 12:08am On Jul 13, 2014
Hello everyone, I just started following the group and I must say it is God sent. My interview is for the 24th and I'm hoping to connect with anyone scheduled for that day... thanks for the heads up everyone and I wish those yet to go for their interview Divine Intervention......
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 13, 2014
AREOLA: Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had our interview yesterday morning nd our visa was approved.
Interview goes like this:
CO: Gud morng
Me:gud morning
CO:tell me d name of ur second schl
Me:bla bla bla
CO:what did U̶̲̥̅̊
study in university
ME:xxxxx
CO: what did U̶̲̥̅̊
do during ur nysc
Me:xxxx
Co:how old is your daughter
Me:Bleep
CO:let me see your pictures
Me:
She just said madam ur visa has been approved pick up ur visa in a weeks time,congrats nd welcome to america.
It was just like a chat can't belive it was dt easy.thanks to God nd all nairalanders.4 those that r still waiting 4 interview go nd take d visa it is urs IJN.Chicago loading...............
All thanks to God... Ive really been waiting to read your testimony. I knew you would come back here with one. Its the Lord's doing. My sef and wife key into your success. Congrats
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chuckvinz(m): 9:43am On Jul 13, 2014
marymary14: Hello everyone, I just started following the group and I must say it is God sent. My interview is for the 24th and I'm hoping to connect with anyone scheduled for that day... thanks for the heads up everyone and I wish those yet to go for their interview Divine Intervention......
. Same thing wit me... On the 24th of this mnth.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by marymary14(f): 12:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
chuckvinz: . Same thing wit me... On the 24th of this mnth.

Ok! Read through the rules and we ain't supposed to post mobile numbers here. How are we supposed to connect?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cynthia4real: 12:58pm On Jul 13, 2014
Quimby: Hello house, its good to be back..i had to re-register again..July indeed has been a month of visa embezzlement so far,like they predicted in the house before loosing the thread pages.I pray the visa approval spree continues,,Amin..Am having my interview on the 22nd alongside komakan(dow i got to know from the lost thread pages..I have done my medicals on the 8th and i ll collect my results on the 14th..i wish everyone the very best(Adeboy007,i see u)Thanks for everything,God bless us all...
welcum back Quimby,hw preparation nah?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cynthia4real: 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
marymary14:

Ok! Read through the rules and we ain't supposed to post mobile numbers here. How are we supposed to connect?
me too
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by chuckvinz(m): 1:29pm On Jul 13, 2014
marymary14:

pm me. email me.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by olami101: 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2014
ETimX: Hello My GH family, sorry my testimony is coming a bit late, I have finally been able to get myself together so my observation, advice and testimony goes like this. We got to the embassy around 4:40am and we met about 5 people there waiting, the next 20 mins there were over 100 people there.
After 2 security checks, a guy was caught with his phone and earpiece and was sent out to wait for 2 hours and might miss his appointment cos it was for 7am, so pls listen carefully to instructions and follow them. Well after all security protocols, we were ushered into the main hall and my name was called at window 16 and I submitted all the requested documents and photo copies, so I went to sit with my wife. After sometime the people that collected documents gave way and the COs took over window 15,16 and 18. Note that from all the testimonies I have read on this great forum no one has really specified that everything is been done in the same hall, I actually thought there is a room where u enter to meet the CO for a private chat. Well for those yet to be interviewed there's just a glass in between u and the CO, he talks with a mic so everybody can here but before the chat begins he tells u to pick up the phone and you have a private conversation. However one of the reasons why I brought this point up is that while you are waiting for your turn to be interviewed the COs can actually see you and I believe they do make observations on your composure and the way you relate with your spouse and also your appearance matters, make sure you and your wife are well dressed like married couples, no matter how young you guys are. In my case my wife and I were the only once dressed in the same native attire, I believe some people looked at us sarcastically because all of them were forming americanas in nija (imagine husband en wife wear jeans come interview ooo). Our dressing did make way for us even in the security posts. As we waited while other people were being interviewed, we were gisting quietly and any questions that came to our mind we quickly confirmed from each other to see if we are both on track and my wife rested her head on my shoulder several times when she was feeling tired cos of the long wait and I did put my hands around her and I strongly believed the CO noticed it all because our eyes gamed several times. We made several jokes and laughed to ease the tension. He denied the first couples that were interviewed and two singles and approved that of one elderly man.
Interview proper with the dreaded korean guy. The grace of God made him the gentle looking Angelic Korean guy.lol.
We: good morning
Co: good morning
CO. Do you swear to say the truth
We: yes we do
Co: please take your finger prints.
We: I did mine and my wife did hers.
Co: told my wife madam pls go and sit at the back since am the PA
We: okay
CO. Where do you work
Me: winks
Co: what do you do there
Me: we bla bla
Co: hold on what do u mean we? As in how many of you.
Me: its a company and we bla bla bla
Co: okay how long have u been working there.
Co: did you work anywhere else before you started working with them
Me: yes and that was where I also did my training
Co: where and what is the name of the company
Me: winks and smile.
Co: which places has your wife lived in the past
Me: bla bla bla
Co: why did u choose to move to your present state and not the other states in Nigeria.
Me: cos I believe there are better opportunities there
Co: okay what is her highest level of qualification.
Me: beautiful.
Co: when did you propose.
Me: kisses.
Co: where
Me: hugs
Co: time
Me: then I looked him in the eyes as if I'm trying to remember and he said you don't have to be specific with a smile back and I said bla bla, hmmm I think its around bla bla no its 8pm
Co: so what happened after that
Me: we stayed for a bit to enjoy ourselves then I took her home.
Co: where did u meet ur wife
Me: Heaven
Co: describe ur first meeting
Me: smiling and explaining
@this time my wife was just calling JESUS JESUS JESUS cos she had no idea what we were talking about but by the grace of God we were fully prepared for whatever and we have known each other for 6 years, still we took out much time to prepare.
Co: pls take ur seat and call ur wife.
Me okay thanks
Co: confirm ur full names and age.
Wife: bla bla bla
Co: what is the date of birth of ur husband.
Wife: mr fine guy
While he was questioning my wife he could see me from where I was and I remained calm by the grace of God and I just ignored them as if I wasn't worried but for my mind JESUS glorify your name.
Then the Co asked my wife almost all the question he asked me and my wife confirmed all of them to the glory of God and the spirit of God commanded the Co, that's enough. He now told my wife to call me and I stood up with holy boldness and I said in my heart thank you JESUS, lo and behold I saw him holding the much expected 2 white paper for the collecting of our visas and he said your visas has been approved and also gave us our original document and i checked if they were correct and I said thank you.
This can only be God o. I will worship him forever. Please those going for their chat should make sure they study their dsp 230 forms because most questions comes from what you filled initially just to test you.
Thanks to God Almighty and all those who made our dreams a reality, too many names to mention but I will not forget ItyRoyal, Abos, Busatus and Adeboy007. Wishing us all the best things in life. Signing out ETimX aka ErnieT48.
am so hapi gu,i key into ur success ijmn

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Sueadex(f): 5:27pm On Jul 13, 2014
AREOLA: Praise God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We had our interview yesterday morning nd our visa was approved.
Interview goes like this:
CO: Gud morng
Me:gud morning
CO:tell me d name of ur second schl
Me:bla bla bla
CO:what did U̶̲̥̅̊
study in university
ME:xxxxx
CO: what did U̶̲̥̅̊
do during ur nysc
Me:xxxx
Co:how old is your daughter
Me:Bleep
CO:let me see your pictures
Me:
She just said madam ur visa has been approved pick up ur visa in a weeks time,congrats nd welcome to america.
It was just like a chat can't belive it was dt easy.thanks to God nd all nairalanders.4 those that r still waiting 4 interview go nd take d visa it is urs IJN.Chicago loading...............
Congrats and Amen
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by marymary14(f): 5:34pm On Jul 13, 2014
Cynthia4real: me too

Hi cynthia4real I'm glad you're slated for the 24th, my interview is for 7 am, hope we get to meet up. I really don't know how to reach you but I sent you an email... keep me posted please.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Cynthia4real: 6:09pm On Jul 13, 2014
marymary14:

Hi cynthia4real I'm glad you're slated for the 24th, my interview is for 7 am, hope we get to meet up. I really don't know how to reach you but I sent you an email... keep me posted please.
am having a kind of problm wif my email i cnt mail anybdy and i dont knw hw to solve de problm bt i belve we wil met each other dat day.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 6:21pm On Jul 13, 2014
Quimby: Hello house, its good to be back..i had to re-register again..July indeed has been a month of visa embezzlement so far,like they predicted in the house before loosing the thread pages.I pray the visa approval spree continues,,Amin..Am having my interview on the 22nd alongside komakan(dow i got to know from the lost thread pages..I have done my medicals on the 8th and i ll collect my results on the 14th..i wish everyone the very best(Adeboy007,i see u)Thanks for everything,God bless us all...

Welcome back brother .. am wishing u success in ur chat wit CO ... this is to notify you dat Komakan has spoken wit me and him and his family will not be attending the interview for a particular reason ...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Quimby: 7:16pm On Jul 13, 2014
@Cynthia4real,thanks for asking,am all set in terms of preparation.Am Just left with my medical result collection tomorrow and i leave the rest to God. @adeboy007,i wish you a smooth ride on thursday,cos you of my motivation against my day.All is well and we gonna smile for sure.Happy new week to everyone,,,cheers...

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by abos: 7:24pm On Jul 13, 2014
ETimX: Hello My GH family, sorry my testimony is coming a bit late, I have finally been able to get myself together so my observation, advice and testimony goes like this. We got to the embassy around 4:40am and we met about 5 people there waiting, the next 20 mins there were over 100 people there.
After 2 security checks, a guy was caught with his phone and earpiece and was sent out to wait for 2 hours and might miss his appointment cos it was for 7am, so pls listen carefully to instructions and follow them. Well after all security protocols, we were ushered into the main hall and my name was called at window 16 and I submitted all the requested documents and photo copies, so I went to sit with my wife. After sometime the people that collected documents gave way and the COs took over window 15,16 and 18. Note that from all the testimonies I have read on this great forum no one has really specified that everything is been done in the same hall, I actually thought there is a room where u enter to meet the CO for a private chat. Well for those yet to be interviewed there's just a glass in between u and the CO, he talks with a mic so everybody can here but before the chat begins he tells u to pick up the phone and you have a private conversation. However one of the reasons why I brought this point up is that while you are waiting for your turn to be interviewed the COs can actually see you and I believe they do make observations on your composure and the way you relate with your spouse and also your appearance matters, make sure you and your wife are well dressed like married couples, no matter how young you guys are. In my case my wife and I were the only once dressed in the same native attire, I believe some people looked at us sarcastically because all of them were forming americanas in nija (imagine husband en wife wear jeans come interview ooo). Our dressing did make way for us even in the security posts. As we waited while other people were being interviewed, we were gisting quietly and any questions that came to our mind we quickly confirmed from each other to see if we are both on track and my wife rested her head on my shoulder several times when she was feeling tired cos of the long wait and I did put my hands around her and I strongly believed the CO noticed it all because our eyes gamed several times. We made several jokes and laughed to ease the tension. He denied the first couples that were interviewed and two singles and approved that of one elderly man.

Interview proper with the dreaded korean guy. The grace of God made him the gentle looking Angelic Korean guy.lol.

We: good morning
Co: good morning
CO. Do you swear to say the truth
We: yes we do
Co: please take your finger prints.
We: I did mine and my wife did hers.
Co: told my wife madam pls go and sit at the back since am the PA
We: okay
CO. Where do you work
Co: what do you do there
Me: we bla bla
Co: hold on what do u mean we? As in how many of you.
Me: its a company and we bla bla bla
Co: okay how long have u been working there.
Co: did you work anywhere else before you started working with them
Me: yes and that was where I also did my training
Co: where and what is the name of the company
Me: winks and smile.
Co: which places has your wife lived in the past
Me: bla bla bla
Co: why did u choose to move to your present state and not the other states in Nigeria.
Me: cos I believe there are better opportunities there
Co: okay what is her highest level of qualification.
Me: beautiful.
Co: when did you propose.
Me: kisses.
Co: where
Me: hugs
Co: time
Me: then I looked him in the eyes as if I'm trying to remember and he said you don't have to be specific with a smile back and I said bla bla, hmmm I think its around bla bla no its 8pm
Co: so what happened after that
Me: we stayed for a bit to enjoy ourselves then I took her home.
Co: where did u meet ur wife
Me: Heaven
Co: describe ur first meeting
Me: smiling and explaining
@this time my wife was just calling JESUS JESUS JESUS cos she had no idea what we were talking about but by the grace of God we were fully prepared for whatever and we have known each other for 6 years, still we took out much time to prepare.
Co: pls take ur seat and call ur wife.
Me okay thanks
Co: confirm ur full names and age.
Wife: bla bla bla
Co: what is the date of birth of ur husband.
Wife: mr fine guy
While he was questioning my wife he could see me from where I was and I remained calm by the grace of God and I just ignored them as if I wasn't worried but for my mind JESUS glorify your name.
Then the Co asked my wife almost all the question he asked me and my wife confirmed all of them to the glory of God and the spirit of God commanded the Co, that's enough. He now told my wife to call me and I stood up with holy boldness and I said in my heart thank you JESUS, lo and behold I saw him holding the much expected 2 white paper for the collecting of our visas and he said your visas has been approved and also gave us our original document and i checked if they were correct and I said thank you.

This can only be God o. I will worship him forever. Please those going for their chat should make sure they study their dsp 230 forms because most questions comes from what you filled initially just to test you.
Thanks to God Almighty and all those who made our dreams a reality, too many names to mention but I will not forget ItyRoyal, Abos, Busatus and Adeboy007. Wishing us all the best things in life. Signing out ETimX aka ErnieT48.
. To God be the glory am hapi for u congratulations
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Ddream77: 9:43pm On Jul 13, 2014
A friend said I could get cheap tkts here and I actually found out its true ; www.travelstart.com.ng.
Especially Air Moroc... 2 NY it's less than 200k! Depends on the date... click on 3days ahead it will show u 3days ahead of ur travel date N u might get a cheaper tkt or higher.
Jst decided to share. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by robinobehi(m): 2:32am On Jul 14, 2014
Pls house, I need †o knw if any form of Id card would be needed
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ETimX: 7:37am On Jul 14, 2014
Good morning my GH family,
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ETimX: 7:37am On Jul 14, 2014
Good morning my GH family, wishing everybody going for their chat this week a successful interview, congratulations in advance. Can anyone in the house give me an estimate of house much in USD I and my wife are supposed to hold as our BTA Thanks guys.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kunledox: 8:28am On Jul 14, 2014
Good morning,plz Is dia anyone in d house who had his\her interview on d 7th of ds month that has got Is visa pickup?thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 9:03am On Jul 14, 2014
robinobehi: Pls house, I need †o knw if any form of Id card would be needed

what do you mean any form of ID card?? is it for embassy? your international passport supersede any form of ID Card... but incase you have ID card of your work.. you can take it along with you.. but is not compulsory ..

thank you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ETimX: 9:45am On Jul 14, 2014
Can anyone in the house give me an estimate of house much in USD I and my wife are supposed to hold as our BTA
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 11:16am On Jul 14, 2014
ETimX: Can anyone in the house give me an estimate of house much in USD I and my wife are supposed to hold as our BTA

am sorry i don't really get your Abbreviation BTA... but I assume to think u mean the amount to go with to USA

Then if am correct, It depends on your pocket, and your host.

If it happens that your host is a very kind person and he is much wealthy in USA, then u can hold up to like 1,500 USD and above and that is about 280,000 Naira pending the time you will get a job... and again u can't so much depend on your host either way..

But if you have less dan dat maybe like 1,000 USD that okay too... Nevertheless you will not be allow to take in cash up to 10,000 USD and above to USA so as not to get your self arrested for money laundering at the POE... so i will suggest if u have such amount with you try to get your bank Master Card for you to be able to use it to withdraw the money in United state.

I don't know if I get exactly what u ask of

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 14, 2014
Adeboy007:

am sorry i don't really get your Abbreviation BTA... but I assume to think u mean the amount to go with to USA

Then if am correct, It depends on your pocket, and your host.

If it happens that your host is a very kind person and he is much wealthy in USA, then u can hold up to like 1,500 USD and above and that is about 280,000 Naira pending the time you will get a job... and again u can't so much depend on your host either way..

But if you have less dan dat maybe like 1,000 USD that okay too... Nevertheless you will not be allow to take in cash up to 10,000 USD and above to USA so as not to get your self arrested for money laundering at the POE... so i will suggest if u have such amount with you try to get your bank Master Card for you to be able to use it to withdraw the money in United state.

I don't know if I get exactly what u ask of
... BTA is Basic Travelling Allowance... Thumbs Up AdeBoy

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ETimX: 12:31pm On Jul 14, 2014
Thanks 007 for your answer, yes I mean basic travel allowance, I thought maybe there is a fixed amount that is the least a traveller can travel with just like when someone is travelling with a non immigrant visa.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Adeboy007(m): 12:38pm On Jul 14, 2014
StSteven: ... BTA is Basic Travelling Allowance... Thumbs Up AdeBoy
Thank you so much

ETimX: Thanks 007 for your answer, yes I mean basic travel allowance, I thought maybe there is a fixed amount that is the least a traveller can travel with just like when someone is travelling with a non immigrant visa.

Then with that, I think am still in line with your question.. you can hold as much as u can.. but not up to 10,000 USD

(1) (2) (3) ... (225) (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.