Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,631 members, 7,951,611 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:28 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (435496 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by josemaria03(m): 11:34pm On Jul 19, 2013
Some one i know made this silly mistake, will it affect him or not pls need ur response ASAP thanks.... He is a student, and still in the university, in the question that says " in what occupation do intend to work in the USA" he filled in is current course of study and is still in school no certificate yet do u guys think this can affect him, but he has this 6 month diploma in computer operation
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 9:16am On Jul 22, 2013
Hello guyz
Please how long does it take for someone to receive an INTERVIEW APPOINTMENT LETTER after submitting the forms?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by diskindgod: 5:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
I sent my forms to KCC two weeks ago, do I need to write any mail to them to confirm receipt. My CN is 17000+

Regards.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lizpeaze: 12:48am On Jul 23, 2013
Amen ohhh. Pls,i need to know how to check the Visa Bulletin as well. May God help us in Jesus name.Amennnnn

I just saw the september visa bulletin for september 2013 and Africa is current meaning if everything run the same we going to be current for september. Have faith in Jesus name it will happen [/quote]
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 6:36am On Jul 23, 2013
lizpeaze: Amen ohhh. Pls,i need to know how to check the Visa Bulletin as well. May God help us in Jesus name.Amennnnn

I just saw the september visa bulletin for september 2013 and Africa is current meaning if everything run the same we going to be current for september. Have faith in Jesus name it will happen

Here is d link:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
GOODLUCK

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kayshow(m): 7:11am On Jul 23, 2013
Can some one please help me in the house I can't check mY result on the net it keep sending error,this my confirm no 20141G0LU75LAUG0 1985 median name ikujuni ,Folorunsho Adenike victory .I will appreciate if some one could help me out.can their be an error in d confirm no
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by TCPonly(m): 9:27am On Jul 23, 2013
@Kayshow, I checked,this is what i got; Based on the information provided,u ve NOT BEING SELECTED for further proccessing.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by josemaria03(m): 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
josemaria03: Some one i know made this silly mistake, will it affect him or not pls need ur response ASAP thanks.... He is a student, and still in the university, in the question that says " in what occupation do intend to work in the USA" he filled in is current course of study and is still in school no certificate yet do u guys think this can affect him, but he has this 6 month diploma in computer operation
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by obamaobama: 6:22am On Jul 25, 2013
hammerh: we do not need agents on this page please
agents is ok provided it is free of charge.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcha: 3:11pm On Jul 25, 2013
My case number is *****97** so i would like to know when my interview will be held and i have also processed for KCC and sent my document. And how will the dv lottery office sent me a message that i have been selected for the visa interview.

Any one please do reply ................. As fast as possible.

And do I know that the dv lottery office(KCC) has received the documents.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by VisaOfficer: 4:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hi everyone -- I'm a U.S. Foreign Service Officer, and I started a thread about visa questions elsewhere in thie section. I just wanted to say a few words about Diversity Visas.

1. The rules of the program are extremely strict, and there are no exceptions. So if you entered the Diversity Visa program and did not list your spouse and all your children, you will be disqualified. Even if you wrote to KCC (Kentucky Consular Center) later and told them that you forgot to list your spouse and children, it doesn't matter. You will not receive a visa, and there is no refund. So, please, if you realize you made this mistake, do not waste your time and money. It's not worth it.

2. If a tout filled out your application for you and is trying to make you pay, SHAME ON THAT PERSON. You can check your own status without paying anyone through www.dvlottery.state.gov . Unfortunately, if you have lost your confirmation number or the tout won't give it to you, there is no way to check your status. That's why it's so important to keep your confirmation number. Edit: Hurray, I was wrong about that! You can check your status without a confirmation number now. Don't give the touts any money.

3. If a tout filled out your application for you with someone else's name and photo, and now you are considering pretending to be that person, it's not worth it. We will have YOUR photo and fingerprints on file forever, along with a note that you attempted to get a visa using a false identity. That incurs a permanent ban on ever receiving a visa to the United States.

4. Please do not enter into fraudulent marriages in an attempt to bring another person to the United States. You will end up with a charge of "attempted alien smuggling" on your record, and that will permanently bar you from entering the United States. The fake spouse in the case will end up with a charge of "material misrepresentation" and will also be permanently banned. Using a fake name won't help, because your fingerprints and photo will be on file, forever. It's not worth it.

5. If you are issued a visa, the U.S. Government will not find you a job or a place to live. The whole premise of the Diversity Visa program is that you are educationally qualified and can therefore find a way to support yourself in the United States.

6. The Department of State does NOT notify successful DV applicants by letter or e-mail, so if you receive such a letter or e-mail, it's a scam. Don't send money.

7. Most DV applicants are good, qualified applicants and have no problems getting visas. Just remember, the best policy is always to tell the truth. Truth is good. We like truth.

Best of luck to everyone!

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by pjogutum1: 7:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
@VisaOfficer: 2. If a tout filled out your application for you and is trying to make you pay, SHAME ON THAT PERSON. You can check your own status without paying anyone through www.dvlottery.state.gov . Unfortunately, if you have lost your confirmation number or the tout won't give it to you, there is no way to check your status. That's why it's so important to keep your confirmation number.

"Unfortunately, if you have lost your confirmation number or the tout won't give it to you, there is no way to check your status. That's why it's so important to keep your confirmation number".

My dear visa officer, you are wrong. You can check and retrieve your confirmation number on the same site by clicking on forgot confirmation check the site again that is one of the new developments on the website to help applicants, I tried it and it worked.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 4:36am On Jul 26, 2013
obamaobama: agents is ok provided it is free of charge.

What makes it an agent then?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by VisaOfficer: 7:28am On Jul 26, 2013
pjogutum1: @VisaOfficer: 2. If a tout filled out your application for you and is trying to make you pay, SHAME ON THAT PERSON. You can check your own status without paying anyone through www.dvlottery.state.gov . Unfortunately, if you have lost your confirmation number or the tout won't give it to you, there is no way to check your status. That's why it's so important to keep your confirmation number.

"Unfortunately, if you have lost your confirmation number or the tout won't give it to you, there is no way to check your status. That's why it's so important to keep your confirmation number".

My dear visa officer, you are wrong. You can check and retrieve your confirmation number on the same site by clicking on forgot confirmation check the site again that is one of the new developments on the website to help applicants, I tried it and it worked.

I love being wrong about things like this. That is great news. Thanks!

I so much wish there were a way to tell EVERYONE: The touts don't care if you get a visa or not. They only care that you give them your money. They do sloppy work and give people documents that are obviously fraudulent; they know perfectly well that the people they find don't look anything like the photos on the original DV entry. As long as they're paid, they don't care that the applicants will be permanently banned from the United States.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by obamaobama: 1:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
VisaOfficer:

I love being wrong about things like this. That is great news. Thanks!

I so much wish there were a way to tell EVERYONE: The touts don't care if you get a visa or not. They only care that you give them your money. They do sloppy work and give people documents that are obviously fraudulent; they know perfectly well that the people they find don't look anything like the photos on the original DV entry. As long as they're paid, they don't care that the applicants will be permanently banned from the United States.

pls @ visaofficer any news about second selection in oct.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by fabiodream(m): 2:42pm On Jul 26, 2013
Hi guys, does any one noticed with kcc these days, I send them a mail to ask for confirmation of my application if it did reach there office and I received immediately this mail
The Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) has received your email. This email
address, KCCDV@state.gov is for case-specific Diversity Visa inquires
only. If you would like to check the status of your entry, please do so
at www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC. This website is the definitive means of
determining whether or not you were selected for possible further
processing.

For inquiries about specific cases, please ensure that you have included
your case number, first and last name, and date of birth with your
inquiry. If this information is not provided or is inaccurate, KCC will
be unable to process your inquiry

For other information and to view frequently asked questions, please
visit the Department of State Website at www.travel.state.gov. Under the
Visas section, select Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery Program and then
select Instructions for the Diversity Visa lottery year you entered.
The frequently asked questions can be found at the bottom of the
instructions.

Thank you for contacting KCC.

KCCDV/Public Inquiry
Kentucky Consular Center
Support Contractor - Serco - NA
Phone: (606) 526-7500
Email: KCCDV@state.gov

Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or
refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be
considered confidential under Section 222 (f) of the Immigration and
Nationality Act (INA) [8 U.S.C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such
information must be solely for the formulation, amendment,
administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and
other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM
guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review,
retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance
upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions
provided in 12 FAM 540.

This email is UNCLASSIFIED.

Am I the only one or they just tired to answering people abt asking all the time.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by VisaOfficer: 2:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
obamaobama: pls @ visaofficer any news about second selection in oct.

I haven't heard anything...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by obamaobama: 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2013
VisaOfficer:

I haven't heard anything...
ok thanks,will nigerian be eligible 4 dv2015?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 4:30pm On Jul 26, 2013
fabio dream: Hi guys, does any one noticed with kcc these days, I send them a mail to ask for confirmation of my application if it did reach there office and I received immediately this mail
processing.

instructions.

KCCDV/Public Inquiry
Kentucky Consular Center

provided in 12 FAM 540.

Am I the only one or they just tired to answering people abt asking all the time.

I sent dem mail too, dat was wot i received also.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 9:38am On Jul 27, 2013
fabio dream: Hi guys, does any one noticed with kcc these days, I send them a mail to ask for confirmation of my application if it did reach there office and I received immediately this mail
processing.

instructions.

KCCDV/Public Inquiry
Kentucky Consular Center

provided in 12 FAM 540.

That's what was sent to me too, but after some days they reply my mail.
Don't worry they will reply your mail.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Suretreasure: 9:15pm On Jul 27, 2013
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcha: 1:09pm On Jul 29, 2013
Suretreasure: Don't worry Bro, I also got the same reply but they later sent a mail to me which confirm that they receive the application. They should reply you in 5-7 working days (weekdays).

And what do they reply after 5 days
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by janut: 9:32pm On Jul 29, 2013
Greetings.
For all house members who may currently have one challenge or the other and need clarification or answers to specific DV visa questions, kindly visit this thread - 'I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions'. You can ask any question you feel bothered about and you will be given an answer directly by the visa officer. Mind you the answer may not be want you want to hear but you get it as it stands. Direct from source.
For now the thread will last till August 8, except the guy gets approval to continue. Its more like hearing from the horse's mouth.
Regards.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Suretreasure: 3:55am On Jul 30, 2013
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by giddadon(m): 8:34am On Jul 30, 2013
Dont tink there wuld be further selection on october...dat info has been removed from there site
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by obamaobama: 11:34am On Jul 30, 2013
giddadon: Dont tink there wuld be further selection on october...dat info has been removed from there site
DV-2014 entrants may enter their confirmation information throughthe link below starting at noon (EDT) on May 1, 2013. The DV-2014 registration period was from October 2, 2012, until November 3, 2012. DV-2014 entrants should keep their confirmation number until at leastJune 30, 2014. Additional entries may be selected in October 2013. http://dvlottery.state.gov
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ewhoma(f): 9:36pm On Jul 30, 2013
Pls, can I combine both Waec and Neco results during d interview? Both were listed in d forms sent back to them anyways. And how will u be notified of ur interview? And is the proof of support form(form 1-134) or any other eveidence of financial support needed to be submitted @ d interview? Thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lorddom(m): 1:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]NO WINNERS FROM CAMEROON?

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by JohnMorgan(m): 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2013
Yes you can combine both. When you become current, you will receive a notification from KCC to check the same link you checked when you were selected. Proof of support or any form of financial capacity is not required for Nigerian applicants.

ewhoma: Pls, can I combine both Waec and Neco results during d interview? Both were listed in d forms sent back to them anyways. And how will u be notified of ur interview? And is the proof of support form(form 1-134) or any other eveidence of financial support needed to be submitted @ d interview? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.