Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,669 members, 7,951,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 01:41 AM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (435509 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 11:08am On Aug 13, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

I tink her E-passport date of birth must b d same with d one u
filled in d form u sent to dem.

Thanks a lot,
Are u referring to DS 122 and 230,if yes its the
the same. Where its different is only on the enitial
Electronic DV form; d one we all filled in OCT 2012.
Pls reply,I hope there won't be any issue on this.
thank U.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 2:49pm On Aug 13, 2013
timimoyegun:

Thanks a lot,
Are u referring to DS 122 and 230,if yes its the
the same. Where its different is only on the enitial
Electronic DV form; d one we all filled in OCT 2012.
Pls reply,I hope there won't be any issue on this.
thank U.

Dnt tink dere shud b an issue.
just make sure dat d date of birth is corresponding with d one in form 122 n 230
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 3:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

Dnt tink dere shud b an issue.
just make sure dat d date of birth is corresponding with d one in form 122 n 230

Thank U buklan, Do u have any info on when my interview
cld be based on my case no:-2014AF00012***
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 3:16pm On Aug 13, 2013
timimoyegun:

Thank U buklan, Do u have any info on when my interview
cld be based on my case no:-2014AF00012***

Am also in ur shoe dnt knw wen d interview might be..... but i tink u av a high case number
proberly JAN/ FEB sha o.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ewhoma(f): 8:13pm On Aug 13, 2013
Hello house. I heard Nigerians are not asked for proof of financial support in DV lottery. Hw true is dt pls? Because d person who told me dat won d 2011 lottery n he is over there now. He said he wasn't asked for a proof of financial support. Thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 8:22pm On Aug 13, 2013
visa bulletin is finally out, meaning the beginning of interview for 2014 set
its as follows;C. THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER

For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2014 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA

Except: Egypt 5,000
Ethiopia 5,000
Nigeria 5,500
ASIA

EUROPE

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)

OCEANIA

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6050.html
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 8:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
ewhoma: Hello house. I heard Nigerians are not asked for proof of financial support in DV lottery. Hw true is dt pls? Because d person who told me dat won d 2011 lottery n he is over there now. He said he wasn't asked for a proof of financial support. Thanks

Yes, its true. Financial statement is not required from dv
applicants.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by stdammis(m): 11:12pm On Aug 13, 2013
Greetings everyone......am damilola and please I really need your advice and opinions.......june,this year I received a text from someone that I won the america VL, at first I thought it was a scam so I didn't reply, after about a week, a man called me claiming that he came to our school sometimes ago and asked us to fill some forms that he would play for us......this was true, all of my friends and course mates filled the form as well........I still wasn't convinced that what the man said was true, so I went online and search for so many things, I got to the site where I was asked to enter my CN and other infos.....so I called the man, I told him that I would like to confirm my status, and he gave me all d infos I needed, I entered them, and there it was, I won!.....I gave my brother and my uncle the CN and they also confirmed it.......

NOW the problems are
1. The date of birth he used was 7years before my DOB, and he said I shouldn't worry that I will enter with that DOB

2. He played it that am married....I asked him if I can process it as single and he said it is very possible. Please good ppl

As per the first problem, is there anything I can do?, as he assured that there's no problem, but I don't want to go by his way. And the second Problem, I have no idea about that..........please I need your advice people
***But after a long chat with the man, I realized that they are even more desperate than I am, and that they are ready to do anything and forge anything 'forgeable', but the fact is, am currently in 300l studying a very good engineering course, so am not desperate about it......but who knows, it might just be the opportunity that comes but once if I just let it go....please advise
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 11:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
Those whose case number is below or up to 5500 in Nigeria, good news. You are all current for October. That is DV 2014. Get your documents ready and prepare for your interviews for October. Remember, always come back with your testimony. God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 6:39am On Aug 14, 2013
House, let's know when u get ur 2nd NL pls.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 7:23am On Aug 14, 2013
st.dammis:
Greetings everyone......am damilola and please I really need your advice and opinions.......june,this year I received a text from someone that I won the america VL, at first I thought it was a scam so I didn't reply, after about a week, a man called me claiming that he came to our school sometimes ago and asked us to fill some forms that he would play for us......this was true, all of my friends and course mates filled the form as well........I still wasn't convinced that what the man said was true, so I went online and search for so many things, I got to the site where I was asked to enter my CN and other infos.....so I called the man, I told him that I would like to confirm my status, and he gave me all d infos I needed, I entered them, and there it was, I won!.....I gave my brother and my uncle the CN and they also confirmed it.......

NOW the problems are
1. The date of birth he used was 7years before my DOB, and he said I shouldn't worry that I will enter with that DOB

2. He played it that am married....I asked him if I can process it as single and he said it is very possible. Please good ppl

As per the first problem, is there anything I can do?, as he assured that there's no problem, but I don't want to go by his way. And the second Problem, I have no idea about that..........please I need your advice people
***But after a long chat with the man, I realized that they are even more desperate than I am, and that they are ready to do anything and forge anything 'forgeable', but the fact is, am currently in 300l studying a very good engineering course, so am not desperate about it......but who knows, it might just be the opportunity that comes but once if I just let it go....please advise
Damilola, U will later get to know that dis people are on bussiness. If not why must u registered as married? Their mission is to arrange husband and children for U as U are leaving for America. My advice is this, dont let them hv any control over U afterall de hv turned U to a married woman which I dont think it can be changed except a divorce with a solid prove. And if U will continue d way u were resgistered U must appear at Embassy with ur spouse. This is just an admonition.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 9:23am On Aug 14, 2013
Morning people,,,,, pls, any new INFO pls...

pls those going for interview for october, pls let d truth b ur motto oo
pls, say d truth.

nd pls, come back here for ur testimonies.

we shall all testify IJN
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 10:31am On Aug 14, 2013
komakan: Damilola, U will later get to know that dis people are on bussiness. If not why must u registered as married? Their mission is to arrange husband and children for U as U are leaving for America. My advice is this, dont let them hv any control over U afterall de hv turned U to a married woman which I dont think it can be changed except a divorce with a solid prove. And if U will continue d way u were resgistered U must appear at Embassy with ur spouse. This is just an admonition.

To say d fact, this pple only wants to use u,but I'll tell
you to play alone but with your sence, Tell him that since he
wants u to process it as married which u'r not sure the CO will
Bliv;then they sld be the one to pay all expens. Bcus u will need
a New passport,Police Cert,Medicals and d Visa Fee.
e.t.C. This is a good deal.
1-U'v got noting to lose Cus I see that u have
a future here in naija.
2-They need u more than anything, if he filled that u'r married the ur
Supposed husband sld pay all d processing fees.

Girl, be Smart.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by janut: 11:14am On Aug 14, 2013
Please if u r current for October interview and still not sure of certain documents or procedures, start asking now. The house is here to help each other.
You can itemize the documents you have so that other members can verify it and prbably make one or two inputs.
Congrats once again to all who are current, I may probably be current by November.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by stdammis(m): 11:24am On Aug 14, 2013
cool
komakan: Damilola, U will later get to know that dis people are on bussiness. If not why must u registered as married? Their mission is to arrange husband and children for U as U are leaving for America. My advice is this, dont let them hv any control over U afterall de hv turned U to a married woman which I dont think it can be changed except a divorce with a solid prove. And if U will continue d way u were resgistered U must appear at Embassy with ur spouse. This is just an admonition.
Thanks bro...God bless you, + am a guy o cool.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Vikktorr(m): 11:26am On Aug 14, 2013
Hello People,

Looks like the DV-2014 process is already in view cheesy . I have a question.
All my original documents are laminated, is it ok to go for the interview with them like this? Would appreciate responses from the house.
Thanks...
Btw, my CN number is around 13***, so i guess my interview should be sometime in April Next year.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by stdammis(m): 11:37am On Aug 14, 2013
timimoyegun:

To say d fact, this pple only wants to use u,but I'll tell
you to play alone but with your sence, Tell him that since he
wants u to process it as married which u'r not sure the CO will
Bliv;then they sld be the one to pay all expens. Bcus u will need
a New passport,Police Cert,Medicals and d Visa Fee.
e.t.C. This is a good deal.
1-U'v got noting to lose Cus I see that u have
a future here in naija.
2-They need u more than anything, if he filled that u'r married the ur
Supposed husband sld pay all d processing fees.

Girl, be Smart.

Thank you bro, an uncle told me xactly the same thing you've just said, and I already made that the first option, I know have gat nothing to lose so a not taking it easy with them as per money issues.......but considering a 2nd option, I.e processing it as single, do I stand a chance of getting a visa with the problems av stated?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 12:42pm On Aug 14, 2013
st.dammis:

Thank you bro, an uncle told me xactly the same thing you've just said, and I already made that the first option, I know have gat nothing to lose so a not taking it easy with them as per money issues.......but considering a 2nd option, I.e processing it as single, do I stand a chance of getting a visa with the problems av stated?

yes! u will av to process divorce certificate to clearify ursef..
buh i tink dose ppl are lying oooo. whose male passport do dey use as ur husband in d initial entry.
tell dem to show u prove of dat.

i tell u thry play as single for u, dey just wnt to merge u with som1 else.

They did same to me too. they said they dey play me as a marrid womwn nd of which am single....
i had to take my brothers dere cos they are in dat field too.
they later succum to us dat i won as single dat dat aw dey do for ppl
they merge dem togeda
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 2:47pm On Aug 14, 2013
st.dammis:

First, pls confirm if they really appplied for u as a married woman,

2, Don't ever think of processing it as single if its true they applied
for u as a married woman even if u can process a divoce Cert, remember
U will really need to come up with a solide prove that u'r once married
What if the Consular Officer ask for ur photo album? Its easy to think of what
to say when asked and its another work to make the consular bliv u.

3, The best option is to let them process all of it from their pocket so that u won't
lose ur money if visa is not granted.

Take Care
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 3:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
kevwe_flex: Those whose case number is below or up to 5500 in Nigeria, good news. You are all current for October. That is DV 2014. Get your documents ready and prepare for your interviews for October. Remember, always come back with your testimony. God bless you all.

Hi,
Just want to ask if by the time a new cut-off number is realised by Nov; Is the number going to be added to the 5500 or will it just be a like 3,500 I.e 5500 + 3500 = 9000. I'm asking so that I can
Can be sure when my case number is current.

Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bukiemma(m): 3:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
janut: Please if u r current for October interview and still not sure of certain documents or procedures, start asking now. The house is here to help each other.
You can itemize the documents you have so that other members can verify it and prbably make one or two inputs.
Congrats once again to all who are current, I may probably be current by November.

What is ur Case No. Sir??
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 3:58pm On Aug 14, 2013
pls, wen is d nxt bulletin coming out, nd wot is d likely range number, could it be 10,000 below
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2013
buklan4real@yah:
pls, wen is d nxt bulletin coming out, nd wot is d likely range number, could it be 10,000 below

From looking through previous visa bulletins, cut off numbers for Nigeria in November has varied from 8500, 7500 and 10000. Your case number is a good way to guess when your interview might be
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rauly: 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2013
buklan4real@yah:
Maybe you should check the archive,i don't think it changes...It is the same with 2013 set..May God make we all excel..(Amin)
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2013
kevwe_flex: Those whose case number is below or up to 5500 in Nigeria, good news. You are all current for October. That is DV 2014. Get your documents ready and prepare for your interviews for October. Remember, always come back with your testimony. God bless you all.

Thanks for the info, but is it tha KCCDV has sent the forms to the CO here in Lagos or Abuja because October is just like 1 and half months away,like how many months will the selectee be given to prepare their documents for the interview.
thank you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Stillluvnaija: 6:18pm On Aug 14, 2013
janut: Please if u r current for October interview and still not sure of certain documents or procedures, start asking now. The house is here to help each other.

House, My wife has finally become current in Oct.(20140000052**) I have three questions.

(1) When i sent our Forms to KCC in May (after i found we were selected) i included a physical passport photo but i read on the net that the passport should be submitted electronically (i guess via scan). Can someone advise it they anticipate any issue with this. I just printed the forms i filled online and submitted the hardcopy with the hardcopy passport to KCC via courier.

(2) I have original birth certificate do i still need the NPC certificate even though i am not the principal applicant? My wife is the pribncipal applicant and plans to get NPC certificate since she does not have the original birth certificate from birth.

(3) My wife is pregnant and due for delivery on 10th Nov and we would like to have the baby in the US. As i dont know yet when our interview would be in october, i wanted to understand from experienced members how long it takes for visa issuance after the interview.

I would appreciate your advice on this and May God continue to bless you.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 7:05pm On Aug 14, 2013
Stillluvnaija:

House, My wife has finally become current in Oct.(20140000052**) I have three questions.

(1) When i sent our Forms to KCC in May (after i found we were selected) i included a physical passport photo but i read on the net that the passport should be submitted electronically (i guess via scan). Can someone advise it they anticipate any issue with this. I just printed the forms i filled online and submitted the hardcopy with the hardcopy passport to KCC via courier.

(2) I have original birth certificate do i still need the NPC certificate even though i am not the principal applicant? My wife is the pribncipal applicant and plans to get NPC certificate since she does not have the original birth certificate from birth.

(3) My wife is pregnant and due for delivery on 10th Nov and we would like to have the baby in the US. As i dont know yet when our interview would be in october, i wanted to understand from experienced members how long it takes for visa issuance after the interview.

I would appreciate your advice on this and May God continue to bless you.

1: I believe you only submit your passport electronically if you emailed your forms to KCC, if you sent through post, the physical copy is all that's needed.

2: I'm not sure about the birth certificate part, maybe someone else can help

3: visa issuance after the interview takes 2 weeks, some people from the 2013 thread reported picking up their visas a week after the interview but generally it's 2 weeks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Stillluvnaija: 8:37pm On Aug 14, 2013
westcodes:

1: I believe you only submit your passport electronically if you emailed your forms to KCC, if you sent through post, the physical copy is all that's needed.

2: I'm not sure about the birth certificate part, maybe someone else can help

3: visa issuance after the interview takes 2 weeks, some people from the 2013 thread reported picking up their visas a week after the interview but generally it's 2 weeks.

@ westcodes. Thanks a lot. Hopefully will get more answers from the house. On q3, baby needs to wait o until visa is out and we have travelled. Pls additional technical question in case you can help...Even though my CN is close to 5500, i submitted my forms to KCC on 9th may as i suspected the question of my wife being almost due around then. Do you think my interview would come up first half of october due to early submission of forms to KCC or second half of oct because my CN is close to 5500. Understand its quite a technical question but your opinion and the rest of the house is welcome. God bless you
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 8:40pm On Aug 14, 2013
timimoyegun:

Hi,
Just want to ask if by the time a new cut-off number is realised by Nov; Is the number going to be added to the 5500 or will it just be a like 3,500 I.e 5500 + 3500 = 9000. I'm asking so that I can
Can be sure when my case number is current.

Thanks.

Cut off numbers are released based on available visas for that month as communicated by the embassy or consulate. There's no formula for it. But what we do is permutate based on study of previous bulletins which obviously u did. So with that u could predict when ur CN will be current.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 8:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
Vikktorr: Hello People,

Looks like the DV-2014 process is already in view cheesy . I have a question.
All my original documents are laminated, is it ok to go for the interview with them like this? Would appreciate responses from the house.
Thanks...
Btw, my CN number is around 13***, so i guess my interview should be sometime in April Next year.

Do you have other options? It's laminated, can u undo it?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 8:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Cut off numbers are released based on available visas for that month as communicated by the embassy or consulate. There's no formula for it. But what we do is permutate based on study of previous bulletins which obviously u did. So with that u could predict when ur CN will be current.

Thanks,
but when do you think my case no might be current?
2014AF000121**
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 9:20pm On Aug 14, 2013
timimoyegun:

Yes, its true. Financial statement is not required from dv
applicants.

Point of correction: Affidavits of Support is not required from Nigerian dv applicants.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.