Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,464 members, 7,891,913 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:28 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (431534 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by akintunde95: 4:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
d one i fill online is d correct
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by okeymen: 4:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
akintunde95: d one i fill online is d correct

you have to go to immigration for correction of the DoB on your passport.

You should try also to send your forms to KCC as quickly as possible so that your interview date is not delayed.

In case you don't know, you can go to http://www.dvselectee.state.gov. for instructions
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by akintunde95: 4:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
i hear dat immigration service have suspended any correction now....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
lagdude:
Thanks boss,really appreciate,my wife's CN is actually 2014AF0009***,necessary documents are intact but can one go ahead with the medical report without the embassy telling us to do so.thanks so much,await your urgent response.

Embassy will not tell you when to go for your medicals. The thing is that, medicals has a life span of 6 months. So if you know you will be traveling soon as your visa is approved, you can go ahead and do it. But folks prefer to do it few weeks (like 2 weeks) to their interview so they can have at least 5 months plus of it before they travel. Something might hold you up before you travel, you never may know. So my candid advice is to wait till it's like 2 weeks to your interview before you do that. I think it takes about 3 business days to come out.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 5:44pm On Aug 15, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Embassy will not tell you when to go for your medicals. The thing is that, medicals has a life span of 6 months. So if you know you will be traveling soon as your visa is approved, you can go ahead and do it. But folks prefer to do it few weeks (like 2 weeks) to their interview so they can have at least 5 months plus of it before they travel. Something might hold you up before you travel, you never may know. So my candid advice is to wait till it's like 2 weeks to your interview before you do that. I think it takes about 3 business days to come out.

@kevwe_flex Nice responses. i like them keep it up cool. God Bless you
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by virginofafrica(m): 6:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
st.dammis:
Greetings everyone......am damilola and please I really need your advice and opinions.......june,this year I received a text from someone that I won the america VL, at first I thought it was a scam so I didn't reply, after about a week, a man called me claiming that he came to our school sometimes ago and asked us to fill some forms that he would play for us......this was true, all of my friends and course mates filled the form as well........I still wasn't convinced that what the man said was true, so I went online and search for so many things, I got to the site where I was asked to enter my CN and other infos.....so I called the man, I told him that I would like to confirm my status, and he gave me all d infos I needed, I entered them, and there it was, I won!.....I gave my brother and my uncle the CN and they also confirmed it.......

NOW the problems are
1. The date of birth he used was 7years before my DOB, and he said I shouldn't worry that I will enter with that DOB

2. He played it that am married....I asked him if I can process it as single and he said it is very possible. Please good ppl

As per the first problem, is there anything I can do?, as he assured that there's no problem, but I don't want to go by his way. And the second Problem, I have no idea about that..........please I need your advice people
***But after a long chat with the man, I realized that they are even more desperate than I am, and that they are ready to do anything and forge anything 'forgeable', but the fact is, am currently in 300l studying a very good engineering course, so am not desperate about it......but who knows, it might just be the opportunity that comes but once if I just let it go....please advise
if you ask me i will advice you to carry no with yours course because those two errors are first class error. Please i will advice dont waste your fund on it
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hey fellas, find below previous current date for peeps that their CN falls between 8750-10400 for your information
CN-------------Current Date----Year
10,000 Below-----Dec 2012------ 2013
10,000 Below-----Nov 2011-------2012
10,000 Below-----Nov 2010-------2011
8700 Below-------Nov 2009-------2010
9500 Below-------Feb 2009-------2009
8750 Below-------Mar 2008-------2008
10400 Below------Mar 2007-------2007
9550 Below-------Mar 2007-------2006
9900 Below-------Mar 2007-------2005
conclusion is that peeps which CN falls at this range for 2014 DV might be current in either November or December.We shall all rejoice in the Lord. Goodluck
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 6:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
femishow2005:

@kevwe_flex Nice responses. i like them keep it up cool. God Bless you

Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by akintunde95: 6:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
my case number is 2014AF0045254 now pls when ll i be interview.....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 11:30pm On Aug 15, 2013
tongue cool
akintunde95: my case number is 2014AF0045254 now pls when ll i be interview.....

One year from now. This tym next yr, that's if such CN exists. Lol. grin
akintunde95: my case number is 2014AF0045254 now pls when ll i be interview.....

One year from now. This tym next yr, that's if such CN exists. Lol.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by AlabamaNiq: 11:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
Current female winners of dvlottery who have no place to stay on arrival. Contact me if you're single we can discuss. We can be of help to each other as I have been here for sometime now. Thanks.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 8:18am On Aug 16, 2013
kevwe_flex:

Thank you,but i think the embassy will notify selectees on the particular hospital the medicals will be done.if you know the hospital,kindly share it so that i can go there and make enquiries.
thanks
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 8:56am On Aug 16, 2013
lagdude:
Thank you,but i think the embassy will notify selectees on the particular hospital the medicals will be done.if you know the hospital,kindly share it so that i can go there and make enquiries.
thanks

Sir, why d haste nau cool down
d visa is urs, take every steps easy ooooo, dnt b too despirate
wait till ur second notification dats wot u will take to d medical center
nd also to d police station.

so pls take it easy till its ur turn. medical nd police report are 1 of d easiet.
tidy up all oda necessary documents.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Demo81: 9:21am On Aug 16, 2013
hello house,as anyone receive his or her 2nd notification letter
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by akintunde95: 9:29am On Aug 16, 2013
pls my case number is 2014AF00045254 CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHEN WILL I BE INTERVIEW THANKS......
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Zeleez: 10:01am On Aug 16, 2013
Stil waiting, am current in october yet to receive 2NL. Has any body recieve his or her own?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Zeleez: 10:05am On Aug 16, 2013
Demo81: hello house,as anyone receive his or her 2nd notification letter

Am current in october but yet to recieve 2NL, lets keep on expectin it til dis month endin
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagdude: 12:08pm On Aug 16, 2013
buklan4real@yah:

Sir, why d haste nau cool down
d visa is urs, take every steps easy ooooo, dnt b too despirate
wait till ur second notification dats wot u will take to d medical center
nd also to d police station.

so pls take it easy till its ur turn. medical nd police report are 1 of d easiet.
tidy up all oda necessary documents.
thanks madam,but there is no desperation in my question,i just want to know ahead what to save for the cost of the medicals ni.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcha: 12:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
I think both of us are doomed because removing lamination are very hard task and may also damage the certificate. I don't know what am i doing with my certificate too. Reply what is done to remove it without destroying embarassed
Vikktorr:

Well, I heard removing the lamination might destroy the certificate. Never tried this before though?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcha: 12:53pm On Aug 16, 2013
The number allocated for Asia is 1800 and what is the number allocated for the South Asia? The country for the South Asia are Bangladesh, India, Nepal , Bhutan, Sir-Lanka, Malaysia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, China.

Obatide: visa bulletin is finally out, meaning the beginning of interview for 2014 set
its as follows;C. THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER

For October, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2014 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:
Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA

Except: Egypt 5,000
Ethiopia 5,000
Nigeria 5,500
ASIA

EUROPE

NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)

OCEANIA

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_6050.html
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcha: 12:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
Not received yet. But guess will start receiving from September because they have now allocated the number for each country.
Demo81: hello house,as anyone receive his or her 2nd notification letter
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 2:06pm On Aug 16, 2013
lagdude:
thanks madam,but there is no desperation in my question,i just want to know ahead what to save for the cost of the medicals ni.

d cost, its depends. like 30k sha
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Vikktorr(m): 2:13pm On Aug 16, 2013
rcha: I think both of us are doomed because removing lamination are very hard task and may also damage the certificate. I don't know what am i doing with my certificate too. Reply what is done to remove it without destroying embarassed

Nah! I dont think the lamination would be a problem. 80% of folks in Nigeria, to be particular, laminate their documents due to pest invasion. So i'm going for the interview with my laminated documents.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Malcolm28(m): 3:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
My case number is in the 76** range. Going by the current bulletin, I should be current by November. Does one need a guarantor in the US for DV? Came across one guarantor form don't know if it applied to DV applicants. Any info in this regard will help.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by westcodes(m): 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
Malcolm28: My case number is in the 76** range. Going by the current bulletin, I should be current by November. Does one need a guarantor in the US for DV? Came across one guarantor form don't know if it applied to DV applicants. Any info in this regard will help.

Do you mean affidavit of support? If yes, Nigerians don't need an affidavit of support. You do need to provide an address in the US where you intend to reside.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by akintunde95: 8:46am On Aug 17, 2013
pls i need someone advice ..... In my e-passport i
made mistakes my date of birth and my place of
birth is not correct... Can i proceed or what can i
do....
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 8:56am On Aug 17, 2013
U said something is not correct. I dont think U need any alternative advice for that particular issue.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Rianatb(f): 9:21am On Aug 17, 2013
GOD ooooooo!kcc av not reply me dat they av recieve my document and my number is 145*,i we be call for interview by oct,2NL av not come out,GOD pls be wit me
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by gokman4u(m): 11:18am On Aug 17, 2013
Anxiety about 2NL,medicals,police report is unnecessary at this time.
Patience is highly needed in DV processing
There is usually at least a period of 4-6wks btw d time ur 2NL drops & interview day to enable u prepare medicals,police reports etc
So dnt panic,take thns easy
There's no fire brigade approach wen it comes 2 DV processing.
Hope this is helpful.
Rianatb: GOD ooooooo!kcc av not reply me dat they av recieve my document and my number is 145*,i we be call for interview by oct,2NL av not come out,GOD pls be wit me

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by lagbabe: 12:51pm On Aug 17, 2013
Hi every1,my 1st time on this forum really,av been reading thru nd av seen some pple contribute positively,peeps like buklan4real,Obatide,kevwe_flex,viktorr etc.I was selected,my case no is 2014AF0000967*, wen do u think my no wld be current nd be called for interview?plus does any1 av an idea d hospitals for d medicals,not in any rush though,just wanna av an idea,I hear dey'd want d medical report from renowed hospitals like reddington hosp,st-Nicholas etc.

Just curious.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 2:03pm On Aug 17, 2013
gokman4u: Anxiety about 2NL,medicals,police report is unnecessary at this time.
Patience is highly needed in DV processing
There is usually at least a period of 4-6wks btw d time ur 2NL drops & interview day to enable u prepare medicals,police reports etc
So dnt panic,take thns easy
There's no fire brigade approach wen it comes 2 DV processing. To cap it all, there are some certain things we can't control.We all need to wait untill everything will be gradually processed. Good Luck.
Hope this is helpful.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Lakeside4christ(m): 3:14pm On Aug 17, 2013
Pls my gud pple i nid ur advise here...i am one of d lucky winner of dis visa lottery nd my case num is 13***... but d prbl am having now is dat i play dis lottery den as single bcuz i am not legally marry as at d time dat i play it... but i later marry before d lottery result came out.... please advise me on wat to do because i cant afford to lose dis golden opportunity...pls my gr8 pple i nid ur respond urgently please!

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.