Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,007 members, 7,942,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 01:35 PM

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here (434998 Views)

US VISA LOTTERY,DV-2014 Program-online Registration! / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (264) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 3:29pm On Oct 01, 2013
Kaybaba65: @ernestieon congratulations man! You are nĂºmero uno for Africa for 2014 DV FISCAL YEAR....ALL SELECTEES WOULD COME WITH SAME TESTIMONY OF GODS FAITHFULNESS. EVERY BLESSING!
Amen.being the first person in Italy was fun and also scary. I was treated like I was an American, scary cos they took a long process to finalize my case.

1 Like

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by thuyahky(m): 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2013
ernestleon:
Day 1:
8am-at the medical centre Naples I did all the required stuff and vaccination (2 vaccines)
2pm- at the General consulate for digital fingerprints.Went through security checks and then we were ushered in.Getting inside,I took my sit and waited for my number to be called and after 10 minutes "number 5, numero 5" I heard, immediately I stood up and walked to the window. "Passport and interview letter please" she asked ; quickly I submitted them.She looked at the passport and the computer and she talked to her colleague then she turned to me saying "I'm sorry we technically can't take your fingerprints today because we don't have authorization yet from the U.S, tomorrow please come 7:30am and we will do it before your interview."
Day 2: 6:45am I arrived at the General consulate looking at the Mediterranean sea with U.S. soldiers outside patrolling around the consulate looking for the next bin laden; we went through same security protocols and finally in the hall again with 16 persons and I was the only African and the only dv winner so I was the first to be approved in Italy this fiscal year.
I took my sit and waited for my number to be called and it got to my turn I submitted the documents and she asked if I had any document from my university fortunately I was with my student handbook for credits exams and grades registration.She took it and then we did the fingerprints and she gave me an envelope(containing medical results and x-ray in a disc ) coming from the medical centre saying " give this to the officer when you get to the U.S. " .I went further with the payment of the visa fee which was 264 EUR and then I took my sit again.The interview started and it seems pregnant women and families with babies were called first.
finally it got to my turn and I stood up approaching the window I thought I saw Peter crouch because they look similar.I did fingerprints again and then the oath.
Co:Congratulations again for your selection as a winner.
Me:Thank you
Co:I'm going to ask you some couple of questions
Me:Ok
Co:Where were you born?
Me:I was born in Benin city,Edo state,Nigeria.
Co:Benin as in Benin republic?
Me:No Benin as in Benin city.
Co:Ok, how long have you been here in Italy and when did you leave Nigeria?
Me:I have been here for 2years and I left Nigeria 2011 18 August.
Co:Oh great! when were you born?
Me:I was born 7th September 1993
Co:woah you are very young.Tell me where did you school?
Me:I did high school in Nigeria and I'm schooling here in Italy.
Co:When did you finish high school?
Me:2008
Co:Waoh you were like 15 then.
Me:Yes I was 15.
Co:so tell me when do people normally finish high school in Nigeria?
Me:It depends on one's intellectual capabilities and finance. Some may finish at 18 some 15 some 17.I was promoted at some certain point.
Co:I can see that you are among the intellects(looking at my university grades and my waec grades) tell me what was your best subject?
Me:Economics
Co:Fantastic, I can see that's what you are studying at the university. (looking at my university handbook where exam grades are recorded)So when did you get into the university?
Me:September 2012 but it became official in October.
Co:What did you do before you were admitted?
Me:I worked for a vine producing firm.
Co:What year are you in the university?
Me:2year.
Co:Great! now 2year and 1 year left for you to graduate,what are your plans?
Me:I'm working on a transcript.
Co:perfect.Michigan, what's there?
Me:my uncle.
Co:Can you stay with him
Me:Yes
Co:what does he do?
Me:he is a pharmacist.
Me:please can I correct something ?
Co:sure
Me:I wrongly spelt the address of my uncle and there was a wrong date of school on my dsp form.
Co:Ok, I will correct that.(he corrected it and signed close to it)
Co:Ok Mr Ernest I will have to type somethings please wait.
Me:ok
after a minute
Co:Mr Ernest do you have any id from your university other than the handbook for grade recording?
Me:Normally my university don't have id,the official Id is the student handbook for exams,credits and grades registration. but sure I brought alternative.(An Id from the bursary department in my school)
Co:Great let me take a copy please.
Co:Please take a sit I will call you shortly.
Me:ok thank you(smiling)
after 3minutes
Co:ok mr Ernest I want to tell you that your visa has been approved and it will be printed tomorrow so you can go to the address my colleague gave to you at 5pm tomorrow.
Me:thank you.
Taking my leave people congratulating and asking how I won the DV lottery. Alot of people wished to be on my shoes today even when they have their visa and moreover they are visa free as tourist, that's when I realized that God loves me.Thanks once again to all members of this thread, and to those
congrat bro
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by thuyahky(m): 3:30pm On Oct 01, 2013
ernestleon:
Day 1:
8am-at the medical centre Naples I did all the required stuff and vaccination (2 vaccines)
2pm- at the General consulate for digital fingerprints.Went through security checks and then we were ushered in.Getting inside,I took my sit and waited for my number to be called and after 10 minutes "number 5, numero 5" I heard, immediately I stood up and walked to the window. "Passport and interview letter please" she asked ; quickly I submitted them.She looked at the passport and the computer and she talked to her colleague then she turned to me saying "I'm sorry we technically can't take your fingerprints today because we don't have authorization yet from the U.S, tomorrow please come 7:30am and we will do it before your interview."
Day 2: 6:45am I arrived at the General consulate looking at the Mediterranean sea with U.S. soldiers outside patrolling around the consulate looking for the next bin laden; we went through same security protocols and finally in the hall again with 16 persons and I was the only African and the only dv winner so I was the first to be approved in Italy this fiscal year.
I took my sit and waited for my number to be called and it got to my turn I submitted the documents and she asked if I had any document from my university fortunately I was with my student handbook for credits exams and grades registration.She took it and then we did the fingerprints and she gave me an envelope(containing medical results and x-ray in a disc ) coming from the medical centre saying " give this to the officer when you get to the U.S. " .I went further with the payment of the visa fee which was 264 EUR and then I took my sit again.The interview started and it seems pregnant women and families with babies were called first.
finally it got to my turn and I stood up approaching the window I thought I saw Peter crouch because they look similar.I did fingerprints again and then the oath.
Me:It depends on one's intellectual capabilities and finance. Some may finish at 18 some 15 some 17.I was promoted at some certain point.
Co:I can see that you are among the intellects(looking at my university grades and my waec grades) tell me what was your best subject?
Co:Fantastic, I can see that's what you are studying at the university. (looking at my university handbook where exam grades are recorded)So when did you get into the university?
Me:I wrongly spelt the address of my uncle and there was a wrong date of school on my dsp form.
after a minute
Co:Mr Ernest do you have any id from your university other than the handbook for grade recording?
Me:Normally my university don't have id,the official Id is the student handbook for exams,credits and grades registration. but sure I brought alternative.(An Id from the bursary department in my school)
after 3minutes
Co:ok mr Ernest I want to tell you that your visa has been approved and it will be printed tomorrow so you can go to the address my colleague gave to you at 5pm tomorrow.
Taking my leave people congratulating and asking how I won the DV lottery. Alot of people wished to be on my shoes today even when they have their visa and moreover they are visa free as tourist, that's when I realized that God loves me.Thanks once again to all members of this thread, and to those
congrat bro
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 3:31pm On Oct 01, 2013
seubis: Halleluyah!!!!!!!!! Congrats ernestleon.so happy for u bro.our fasting and prayer is working.Thank you lord for what u ve started!! Congrats once again.Go live ur american dream
thank you and yes the need for fasting can't be taking for granted.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Outstandingsand(m): 3:33pm On Oct 01, 2013
ernestleon: I thank God for his mercies despite me being a sinner.I use to think this was just a forum with threads with people, but now I realize it's more than that, it's an online family... I saw so many people praying for my success and I was touched.My gratitude goes to every member of this thread. My visa was approved today and visa pick up tomorrow at 5pm.Interview sequence will be published shortly.
... Thanks be to God.. Congrate, may God provide 4 u 2 be able to foot d remaining bills.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 3:34pm On Oct 01, 2013
ukemeglitter: Hello guyz I have asked this question before and I didn't hear any comment.

Does it mean someone that has finished secondary school is supposed to mark HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA

Please I need your help because I marked HIGH SCHOOL, NO DEGREE while I have SSCE certificate.

PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!
no wahala my oga, you can correct it on the day of your interview
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ukemeglitter: 3:37pm On Oct 01, 2013
Please guyz I have a similar problem because I marked HIGH SCHOOL NO DEGREE in my form, while I have SSCE result.

Please guyz your esteemed clarification is needed

Thank you!!!

bamideleniayo: Congrats to u @ ernestleon....! See u in AMERICA

Pls Ernestleon, since u are done ; EDUCATION in the DSP-122 form, where it says
HIGH SCHOOL NO DEGREE
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
COLLEGE NO DEGREE
UNIVERSITY DEFREE etc.. So for someone with just SSCE as the Highest level of Education completed which one is APPLICABLE.
Because rumour has it that HIGH SCHOOL NO DEGREE applies to people who dropped out of school and HiGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA applies to people who finished High School applicable to SSCE.. PLs I need ur esteemed clarification... Thank You

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by samolaniyi: 3:43pm On Oct 01, 2013
ernestleon:
Day 1:
after a minute
after 3minutes
Taking my leave people congratulating and asking how I won the DV lottery. Alot of people wished to be on my shoes today even when they have their visa and moreover they are visa free as tourist, that's when I realized that God loves me.Thanks once again to all members of this
thread, and to those

congrat Earnest,this is the first 2014 interview experience,thanks a lot for sharing it with us.By God grace,we shall all shared a joyful interview experience like this.Your testimony shall remain permanent in jesus name.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Journi2America(m): 3:43pm On Oct 01, 2013
ernestleon:
Day 1:
after a minute
after 3minutes
who are yet to be selected n waiting upon the lord for every form of divine favour this Month October,itis well Amen I key into it
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 3:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
okeymen:

uninterrupted power supply, good roads and portable water supply, employment opportunities, equity, fairness and justice, security and peaceful coexistence

or maybe just chasing shadows

Guy you want make I come to condemn 9ja ni? Those are the things I want to be seeing o.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 3:47pm On Oct 01, 2013
ernestleon: I thank God for his mercies despite me being a sinner.I use to think this was just a forum with threads with people, but now I realize it's more than that, it's an online family... I saw so many people praying for my success and I was touched.My gratitude goes to every member of this thread. My visa was approved today and visa pick up tomorrow at 5pm.Interview sequence will be published shortly.
You need to see how I shouted and jumped as if Nigeria won the world cup when I saw this. Congrats. What a way to celebrate the independence. DV2014 mode activated...
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by bamideleniayo(m): 3:49pm On Oct 01, 2013
bamideleniayo: Congrats to u @ ernestleon....! See u in AMERICA

Pls Ernestleon, since u are done ; EDUCATION in the DSP-122 form, where it says
HIGH SCHOOL NO DEGREE
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
COLLEGE NO DEGREE
UNIVERSITY DEFREE etc.. So for someone with just SSCE as the Highest level of Education completed which one is APPLICABLE.
Because rumour has it that HIGH SCHOOL NO DEGREE applies to people who dropped out of school and HiGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA applies to people who finished High School applicable to SSCE.. PLs I need ur esteemed clarification... Thank You

Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 4:00pm On Oct 01, 2013
ernestleon:
Day 1:
after a minute
after 3minutes

Wheew. Interesting. Congrats once again. We key into this. Prayer changes things. God is at work.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by kevweflex(m): 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
Upcoming month's visa bulletin: November 2013 (Coming Soon).....

Waiting to be current. Hopefully December. CN: 88**
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by pepsyne: 4:15pm On Oct 01, 2013
Congrats.Eanest.go live ur America dream.dear forumite let us intensify our praya cuz praya dey work ooo.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by timimoyegun(m): 4:19pm On Oct 01, 2013
Congratulation Ernest,
I thank God for ur success cus I know he answers prayers.

Go and prosper more in USA.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by ernestleon(m): 4:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
Thank you all for your congratulatory messages.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by folaonhigh(m): 4:46pm On Oct 01, 2013
Is like there won't be october selection?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Boomshakar: 4:50pm On Oct 01, 2013
bamideleniayo: @Boomshakar, pls how sure are U....
Trust me, M 100% sure
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by phatzyka: 4:52pm On Oct 01, 2013
God is forever faithful.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by exteababa(m): 5:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
So apy for u my e-bro, i wish the rest of us unstopable favour from God and man. Go live ur american dream bro.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 5:12pm On Oct 01, 2013
Congratulations Bro...U've laid a good startups for us all. We key in to ur blessing.this is a good indicator for us all.Happiness n favour shall nt ceased from us all
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by dortex4real(m): 5:28pm On Oct 01, 2013
Any october selectee yet?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by rcha: 5:37pm On Oct 01, 2013
I am the winner for the 2014 DV lottery. Now the 2015 dv lottery has begun form 1st October. So shall I need to apply on this lottery too.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Journi2America(m): 5:44pm On Oct 01, 2013
rcha: I am the winner for the 2014 DV lottery. Now the 2015 dv lottery has begun form 1st October. So shall I need to apply on this lottery too.
Meaning?
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by komakan(m): 5:55pm On Oct 01, 2013
rcha: I am the winner for the 2014 DV lottery. Now the 2015 dv lottery has begun form 1st October. So shall I need to apply on this lottery too.
Oga, your message is confusing. A winner for 2014 DV and ur question is, If you can apply for Dv 2015. Pls, we are here to assist each other. Kindly make ur question clear to pple.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 6:07pm On Oct 01, 2013
ernestleon:
Day 1:
after a minute
after 3minutes

congratulations Bro and indeed all 2014 selectee. GOD who has given you this success feat, will grant everybody who wished for this kind of Successful interview. Once again, congrats. we will soon meet in the USA.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Obatide(m): 6:11pm On Oct 01, 2013
Pls, forumites who have gone for medical and police certificate, whats your experience like there and cost?
kindly share for others to learn
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by buklan4realyah(f): 6:17pm On Oct 01, 2013
Hallelujah!!! Very happy for u bro. D Lord will perfect our own too. Prayed for u dis morning in church..... Am so happy for u.* Hugs*((()))
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by Canadidacy(m): 6:21pm On Oct 01, 2013

U are not 'the winner'. I doubt if even you are a winner, So u no hear news sey Naija has been put on hold fo rnow,go apply for ur room
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by mayankho(f): 6:24pm On Oct 01, 2013

Glory to God!! U lucky indeed,.
Re: DV 2014 Winners Meet Here by femishow2005(m): 6:27pm On Oct 01, 2013
ernestleon:
Day 1:
after a minute
after 3minutes

Congratulations bro..We key into ur testimony.Go live your God's own land dreams

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (264) (Reply)

Main Reasons Many Are Refused Visas / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.