Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,791 members, 7,969,349 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 06:10 AM

Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean (75641 Views)

Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Alpha Splash / I Need Some Info About Tecno N3 / A New Tecno Phone (tecno N3) -soon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Z8(m): 9:16am On May 21, 2013
puskin:

Just wondering........Is there any custom ROM that is being sold before?? undecided
I will be so disappointed if this custom ROM is eventually for sale
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 12:16pm On May 21, 2013
xanders:
#include std_understanding
Sorry,was a little hurry in me last post,i was.
What me means is...
Each time i install it gives any error saying "script improperly executed on last boot"
An trying to decide between m2sd and samo ol l2sd

Use link2sd. If it keeps givin u error...uninstall it, reboot ur fone, reinstall, reboot ur fone. Create mount scripts, reboot ur fone MANUALLY (not from link2sd). If after this, u still get the error, den open settings and den choose "recreate mount scripts"...den reboot manually. Any other probz, jes lemme knw.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 12:18pm On May 21, 2013
Berryman: @xanders, can one have linuxswap and implement dat memory-boosting script on stock rom?

Yep. U can. Ur fone must be rooted tho.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 12:29pm On May 21, 2013
Kiggster:
Here's the modded 3e recovery. Haven't really tested it.

U avnt tested it...and u're releasing it for public consumption. That is just great. First of all, no recovery is 308kb. 2ndly, even if it is, it shud be in .img format.

Please, back to d drawing board. Test and give screenshots before release. Thank You.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 21, 2013
xanders: How much free space dp you have in your mempry card?
I have 2gig fre space. How should I backup my stock rom
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by puskin: 2:33pm On May 21, 2013
Kiggster: CYANOGEN_MOD_7.2.0 84mb

I haven't ported this rom for tecno n3 but works well on galaxy ace. Dnt forget to always make a nandroid backup for those willing to flash it on their tecno.

From this statement of yours, one can only deduce one thing.......you have no idea of what your suggesting/trying to do or trying to suggest.

Flashing a ROM that is meant for a particular fone model on another fone model.......WTF!!!!

1 Like

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by puskin: 2:34pm On May 21, 2013
Lawalmd:
how to flash it cos I've tried using the zip package in recovery mode it's not working

.....and you even tried to flash the said ROM. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by puskin: 2:39pm On May 21, 2013
@Kiggster

Please, make no attempt to suggest anything on this thread.....unless you have tested it yourself.
You are not a dev and neither are you a beta-tester.
Like elegale said.......what kind of recovery is 308kb in data size. shocked shocked

I sincerely hope that your not on a mission to aid people to inadvertently brick their fones.

1 Like

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 21, 2013
Dudes relax, like i said i haven't ported this rom for tecno n3, I've been busy lately but when i do i'll upload it. The cyanogen mod 7.2 is jst the base rom i'm wrking with.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 4:53pm On May 21, 2013
puskin:

From this statement of yours, one can only deduce one thing.......you have no idea of what your suggesting/trying to do or trying to suggest.

Flashing a ROM that is meant for a particular fone model on another fone model.......WTF!!!!

And we r nt even sure d fone wrks on d same specs as ours...even if its jes kernel. **smh**
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 4:57pm On May 21, 2013
Kiggster: Dudes relax, like i said i haven't ported this rom for tecno n3, I've been busy lately but when i do i'll upload it. The cyanogen mod 7.2 is jst the base rom i'm wrking with.

Well, when you are done working, do remember to post d following:

1. Detailed steps on how to go abt it...not just vague procedures.
2. Screenshots (very important)
3. Known (and foreseen) bugs.
4. Where and when u av tested (or not tested) it and results.

**ahem** Dazzol.

1 Like

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by xanders(m): 5:13pm On May 21, 2013
cout>"enter username";
cin<xanders;
cout>"ok";
cout>"string_feed";
hello peeps.....hows the
On the home front, Ive been in prep for an interview on Thursday (GMAT things na), so had to do some house keeping, if u al get my meaning.
GB_final project is still on, just trying to make changes regarding all comments recieved from far n wide (undergoing Major cosmetic make-over)
Honestly, because of timing/popular demand might not be able to put in every incey bitcey piece of change u al asked for, howeverrrrr, took the major ones into consideration (like the annoying ring and some transparency)....etc
memory full issue would be offically announced dead and buried (thank goodness!)
and etc etc etc
hopefully, and prayerfullyyy, the package should drop by weekend (All leaves on the branch)
please, and please lets try to ask when we need help..andddd..be patient to get a reply
and
and hey, dont forget to thank our devs, noobs, betta-testers(lol) both local and otherwise;
cos we all know that these things take alot of time anndd finesse to put together, plus the worlds a whole lot beta place when we all just share!
so...that being said.
catch yall on the flipside.
still remain...xanders

/r

4 Likes

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by aIIkae: 6:59pm On May 21, 2013
xanders:
#include std_understanding
Sorry,was a little hurry in me last post,i was.
What me means is...
Each time i install it gives any error saying "script improperly executed on last boot"
An trying to decide between m2sd and samo ol l2sd
I hav used the two.....what mount2sd basically does is to move the entire content of ur internal memory(excluding system apps and files) to sd-ext. So ur internal memory is freed up.
But u need to reboot after each action.
Link2sd is much more flexible as it doesn't really require a reboot to move ur apps. And it autolinks new apps. BUT it doesn't move files completely from internal.
Mount2sd can make ur phone bootloop.
But overall I prefer link2sd...it does the job well if u know how to manage it. Just link ur apps regularly and ur internal won't get filled up.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Berryman: 7:07pm On May 21, 2013
Nice one @xanders bro. And while i'm at it lemme say thumbs up to all d devs and gurus - in short to everyone hu's posted on dis thread. Are u on whatsapp, can i get ur number?
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Berryman: 7:09pm On May 21, 2013
elegale:

Yep. U can. Ur fone must be rooted tho.
Alright, thanx.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 2:59am On May 22, 2013
xanders: cout>"enter username";
cin<xanders;
cout>"ok";
cout>"string_feed";
hello peeps.....hows the
On the home front, Ive been in prep for an interview on Thursday (GMAT things na), so had to do some house keeping, if u al get my meaning.
GB_final project is still on, just trying to make changes regarding all comments recieved from far n wide (undergoing Major cosmetic make-over)
Honestly, because of timing/popular demand might not be able to put in every incey bitcey piece of change u al asked for, howeverrrrr, took the major ones into consideration (like the annoying ring and some transparency)....etc
memory full issue would be offically announced dead and buried (thank goodness!)
and etc etc etc
hopefully, and prayerfullyyy, the package should drop by weekend (All leaves on the branch)
please, and please lets try to ask when we need help..andddd..be patient to get a reply
and
and hey, dont forget to thank our devs, noobs, betta-testers(lol) both local and otherwise;
cos we all know that these things take alot of time anndd finesse to put together, plus the worlds a whole lot beta place when we all just share!
so...that being said.
catch yall on the flipside.
still remain...xanders

/r

Lolz...for ur C++ mind nw, u talk sometin, ba U forgot to end stream/feed/food, so, ur program is still running, has been hacked into by me...and then..................**dazzol** Gud luck in ur Gee-Mat (abi na C carpet. Hehehehehehe). If u no pass, u go do frog jump come my house.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 3:02am On May 22, 2013
aIIkae: I hav used the two.....what mount2sd basically does is to move the entire content of ur internal memory(excluding system apps and files) to sd-ext. So ur internal memory is freed up.
But u need to reboot after each action.
Link2sd is much more flexible as it doesn't really require a reboot to move ur apps. And it autolinks new apps. BUT it doesn't move files completely from internal.
Mount2sd can make ur phone bootloop.
But overall I prefer link2sd...it does the job well if u know how to manage it. Just link ur apps regularly and ur internal won't get filled up.

Dude, u're still in d stone age. U're still talking "linkin' when we r talking "total freeing up, permanently". Look for my post on internal memory. Dat shud clear ur doubt. I'm currently running on 172MB free internal storage.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 3:04am On May 22, 2013
Berryman: Nice one @xanders bro. And while i'm at it lemme say thumbs up to all d devs and gurus - in short to everyone hu's posted on dis thread. Are u on whatsapp, can i get ur number?

Errrmmmmm...if u're yehmzy's frnd on whatsapp, der's a group he created. Mine digits r on page 3 (or 4...can't remember).
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 6:26am On May 22, 2013
If u want 2 join d group on whatsapp just add my numba u cn find it on my signature. no noisemaker please.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by aIIkae: 9:32pm On May 22, 2013
elegale:

Dude, u're still in d stone age. U're still talking "linkin' when we r talking "total freeing up, permanently". Look for my post on internal memory. Dat shud clear ur doubt. I'm currently running on 172MB free internal storage.
dude gimme a link 2 ur post or post again pls.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 5:18pm On May 23, 2013
aIIkae: dude gimme a link 2 ur post or post again pls.

www.nairaland.com/1292407/guide-tutorial-how-increase-internal
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Justiceotuya(m): 8:02pm On May 23, 2013
i was trying to change the boot screen of my tecno q1 and then i eventually bricked it. Pls what can i do to restore it back to normal?
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by HOLLASLYD(m): 9:32pm On May 23, 2013
Justiceotuya: i was trying to change the boot screen of my tecno q1 and then i eventually bricked it. Pls what can i do to restore it back to normal?
when u say brick, how?stuck at boot screen, try volume down + power button and do a clear flash. boot animation is not suppose to brick rather will just write android while booting and finally boots properly. what did you do exactly?
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Justiceotuya(m): 6:21am On May 24, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
when u say brick, how?stuck at boot screen, try volume down + power button and do a clear flash. boot animation is not suppose to brick rather will just write android while booting and finally boots properly. what did you do exactly?
yes it is stuck at the boot screen. I have tried the volume down and clear All to no avail. What happened exactly is that i downloaded a rom program then used the app to change my font. Since the app says you can change your start up screen and not only changing it, it claims you can put different startup as random. So i used the app to download like 7 startup files and then set them at random. When i wanted to test if the app has really changed the startup screen, on restarting the phone that is how it got hung. I have tried every thing but still it has not been able to pass the tecno screen
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 7:44am On May 24, 2013
bro if u dnt hav a q1 rom dump or stock rom u cnt do it ursef just take it 2 carlcare.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by nigelgeek: 10:40am On May 24, 2013
Brainrex::
Nice job brother
wish i still own this device

Are we expecting a paid version??

I ported a working cmw (displays via ASM)
Modded stock ROM ICS feel

Tecno n3

i want to know which phones rom did u use for the ics port to the tecno phone and how to flash the appropriate recovery and probably a link so i can download ur custom rom too.thank you
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by lat4real: 3:24pm On May 24, 2013
Pls, anybody that backed up his
tecno n3 should please help me
upload it to dropbox. I bricked
my phone and i dont like custom
rom.

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by lat4real: 5:26pm On May 24, 2013
Pls, anybody that backed up his
tecno n3 should please help me
upload it to dropbox. I bricked
my phone and i dont like custom
rom.

**crying**
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by aIIkae: 11:58am On May 26, 2013
Uhm... I forgoT to mention....the wireless hotspot doesn't save my settings. It resets each time I restart my fone.
And @xanders we r still xpecting the final rom....
U sed it wuld be ready dis weekend.

1 Like

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by xanders(m): 2:19pm On May 26, 2013
disclaimer: by clicking this link and downloading this file desktop.zip it shows that you have accepted that under no circumstances to hold lexsolutions, xanders or any of their associates responsible for any misfunction of your device that may result from its usage, additionally, that your an adult and are fully aware of the consequences of your actions....

GINGER BEAN 1.0 FINAL

TIP: TO REALLY ENJOY, BACKUP YOUR APPS VIA TITANIUM BKUP, FLASH GB FINAL, DO A FULL WIPE VIA RECOVERY, THEN RESTORE APPS.

FEATURES:
1.RAM memory fix using +/- buffer(NO NEED TO INSTALL RAM EXPANDER AND CO)
2.internal memory fix
3.Touch sensitivity fix (using build.prop command line fix)
4.Internal SD card enabled (WT$%^$%^); yeah, you now have an internal SD: accesible via storage manager
5.Whole new cosmetic make over, status bar, notifications, etc
6.use it your self to see the rest...

Just copy and paste dropbox link below in your browser:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Cq348NHV3VNWF5eFZUVjJETDg/edit?usp=sharing

INSTALLATION GUIDE:
download and unzipe
read read-me included well
uninstall superuser
flash file using AIO flahser or anyother fastboot flasher
reboot and enjoy!

Special thanks to all the resident devs that contributed in one way or the other to the completion of the project, and shout out also goes to guess who? you, yeah all you out there, all the GINGERBEAN users.

if you like the ROM and would like to ensure continuity of the ministry....feel free to drop your donations, via ultralex2000@gmail.com
feedback and comments are welcome too

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 26, 2013
xanders: disclaimer: by clicking this link and downloading this file desktop.zip that you accept under no circumstances to hold lexsolutions, xanders or any of their associates responsible for any misfunction of your device that may result from its usage, additionally, that your an adult and are fully aware of the consequences of your actions....

GINGER BEAN 1.0 FINAL

TIP: TO REALLY ENJOY, BACKUP YOUR APPS VIA TITANIUM BKUP, FLASH GB FINAL, DO A FULL WIPE VIA RECOVERY, THEN RESTORE APPS.

FEATURES:
implemented internal memory fix
implemented ram fix
implemented touch sensitivity fix
implemented storage manager
cosmetic make over
use it your self to see the rest...
copy and paste dropbox link below in your browser:
http:///w9TkAiSm

if you like the ROM and would like to ensure continuity of the ministry....feel free to drop your donations, via ultralex2000@gmail.com
Bro u trying. I wish I could cook rom like you did
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 26, 2013
xanders: disclaimer: by clicking this link and downloading this file desktop.zip that you accept under no circumstances to hold lexsolutions, xanders or any of their associates responsible for any misfunction of your device that may result from its usage, additionally, that your an adult and are fully aware of the consequences of your actions....

GINGER BEAN 1.0 FINAL

FEATURES:
implemented internal memory fix
implemented ram fix
implemented touch sensitivity fix
implemented storage manager
cosmetic make over
use it your self to see the rest...
copy and paste dropbox link below in your browser:
http:///w9TkAiSm

Bro u trying. I wish I could cook rom like you did

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) / Picture Of A Man 'Speaking On A Cell Phone' In The 1940s Goes Viral / Free Credit Cheat: How To Get N3869.60 Airtime On Airtel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.