Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,361 members, 7,904,422 topics. Date: Monday, 29 July 2024 at 01:16 PM

Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean - Phones (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean (75142 Views)

Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Alpha Splash / I Need Some Info About Tecno N3 / A New Tecno Phone (tecno N3) -soon! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by 9free(m): 3:08am On May 28, 2013
elegale: Xanders....elegale here. Seeing as we av a lotta newbies here...many of them lost as lost can be, my advice wud b to post this whole thing on a brand new thread. Post d GB we're supposed to download, post d stock ROM, post as many screenshots as possible, then post a super comprehensive tutorial (even those wey no go sch suppose understand am), and then post a link to the thread here, so that this one can be retired. That way, u'll be able to track user responses and stuff like that. #justasuggestion.
Oga xanders, abeg help those of us wey attend only night school.
Na only Simplified Explicit Explanation(SEE) procedure we dey understand.
Abeg do for the language wey even nursary1 pupil go understand.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by 9free(m): 3:09am On May 28, 2013
xanders:

wait no more.
new link:
Gingerbean_final_rel1

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7Cq348NHV3VWHBpcmRDUE5kbkU/edit?usp=sharing

Added feature: ICS status bar

use 7zip to extract file after download. winrar wont work
I no see dey file oooohhh. Who don comot am?

1 Like

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 5:42am On May 28, 2013
That's another work @ Elegale let him just remove d broken link fix dem den remove unwanted post mayb.
Back to the matter Xanders dere re observation on d whatsapp group and we need u to come and face panel. cheesy
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by pators(m): 7:21am On May 28, 2013
Scorpiow:
yes sir
pls xander put me true my fone refused to go pass dat tecno screen...pleas sum1 should help me
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by aIIkae: 9:14am On May 28, 2013
Ar u sayin we shud delete superuser?
Cuz d popups are too much and really annoyin
And I don't see how the memory low issue was fixed..
Cuz d method in elegale's thread isn't stable....
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by lat4real: 9:33am On May 28, 2013
aIIkae: Ar u sayin we shud delete superuser?
Cuz d popups are too much and really annoyin
And I don't see how the memory low issue was fixed..
Cuz d method in elegale's thread isn't stable....

Uninstall that superuser and download another one. That's how mine was solved.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 9:43am On May 28, 2013
Download super su it shuld overwrite superuser, den goto super su settings nd set permission to grant. nw dnt link any app yet just perform ELEGALE tutorial for memory fixing datz all frm my Oga's at d top CUSTOM N3 DEV GROUP watsapp crew.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by elegale: 11:00am On May 28, 2013
yehmy: That's another work @ Elegale let him just remove d broken link fix dem den remove unwanted post mayb.
Back to the matter Xanders dere re observation on d whatsapp group and we need u to come and face panel. cheesy

Yeah...buh it will be much better than this staccato that's happening here. Used d new rom and my fone has bricked 8times already, plus der's no internal mem fix. Avnt slept a wink cos of my fone. Jes d cosmetic makeover...and a lil performance boost. *ahem* dazzol.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Scorpiow(m): 11:37am On May 28, 2013
Xander gingerbean v1.0 final is the best.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by ridone: 1:59pm On May 28, 2013
Berryman: Hi xanders. Doing a great job. A lil prob here: i downloaded and installed online nan bkup, updated d scripts and even got nandroid manager. But b4 starting bkup, i couldn't find d CWRM mode only clockworkmod (which i don't av) and TRWP (or sometin). Anyway after installing a particular mk.....img file (dat was missing), i went ahead wit d backup but it stopd 3 secs in, telling me dat a particular directory didn't exist. What do u say? Do i need clockworkmod or wat? Pls reply.

this is what my online nandroid is displaying on d pix below...pls i need a
step by step guideline on how to do a successful backup on my tecno
Q1.Waiting for ur response.thanks in advance.......pls av u been able to find solution,pls share it wf me...fnkz!
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by lat4real: 4:13pm On May 28, 2013
Scorpiow: Xander gingerbean v1.0 final is the best.

You can say that again.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Gerrie(m): 5:42pm On May 28, 2013
Scorpiow: Xander gingerbean v1.0 final is the best.

i second that!!!!
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by versace400(m): 7:09pm On May 28, 2013
Pls someone should come to my aid,i have everything required to load the ginger on my phone and my phone is also properly rooted, but i wanted to start from nandroid backup as specified,anytime i try to use the backup,i always get error that 'mkyaffs2image is not find in the path,exiting' thereby, i cant go further yet and i have take pains to download everything already, pls help me fellows.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by dammyhy(m): 7:24pm On May 28, 2013
gingerbin final,i trowey salute oo,tanks to all d gingerin team.i luv u all
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by versace400(m): 8:00pm On May 28, 2013
Pls someone should help me with my question above
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by pators(m): 8:32pm On May 28, 2013
My tecno always stops at tecno and i av not backed up pls help me i nid to bring my phone back to life...pls wit simple discription
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by xanders(m): 4:56am On May 29, 2013
Appologies to those that are having issues with the new rom, coolI assure you the dev-team is currently working on a fix for all known issues. Any other new observations are welcome.

Appreciation to those that are enjoying our new rom, I assure you that this is just the begining grin

most of the changes on this rom were in the hardware features and not only on the graphic layer per say (what we see on the screen).
for instance:
increase touch sensitivity
more effective battery usage
Increased Java Virtual Machine memory
etc

These are things that work in the underground to make your android function better.

TIP: the new rom is very stable when you do a full wipe after installation, please ensure you partitioned memory card is inside your android both when you do the system flash and wipe, or else the links for the memory fix will be broken, and wont work.

otherwise, if your sd card is not partitioned the rom works just fine.

big thanks to the dev-team of Tecno N3 custom, the guys know themselves, we still working n praying tirelessly for more innovative and ground-braking mods to bring home to this fine android, Tecno N3
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by pators(m): 8:40am On May 29, 2013
xanders: Appologies to those that are having issues with the new rom, coolI assure you the dev-team is currently working on a fix for all known issues. Any other new observations are welcome.

Appreciation to those that are enjoying our new rom, I assure you that this is just the begining grin

most of the changes on this rom were in the hardware features and not only on the graphic layer per say (what we see on the screen).
for instance:
etc

These are things that work in the underground to make your android function better.

TIP: the new rom is very stable when you do a full wipe after installation, please ensure you partitioned memory card is inside your android both when you do the system flash and wipe, or else the links for the memory fix will be broken, and wont work.

big thanks to the dev-team of Tecno N3 custom, the guys know themselves, we still working n praying tirelessly for more innovative and ground-braking mods to bring home to this fine android, Tecno N3
pls xander help my tecno i dont know which 1 to download the 99mb or 83mb rom..i already av ADB and AIO.....pls help me my fone doesnt go pass dat tecno screen. And i didnt back up
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by lat4real: 8:43am On May 29, 2013
xanders: Appologies to those that are having issues with the new rom, coolI assure you the dev-team is currently working on a fix for all known issues. Any other new observations are welcome.

for instance:
etc

Welldone bro
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 9:09am On May 29, 2013
pators: pls xander help my tecno i dont know which 1 to download the 99mb or 83mb rom..i already av ADB and AIO.....pls help me my fone doesnt go pass dat tecno screen. And i didnt back up
Dl d 99mb den flash it u gud 2 go.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by xanders(m): 10:04am On May 29, 2013
yehmy:
Dl d 99mb den flash it u gud 2 go.
guys we need to meet sharply..new development cool(@ usual venue)
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by pators(m): 10:14am On May 29, 2013
xanders:
guys we need to meet sharply..new development cool(@ usual venue)
please o d link is no more working oo..hey i don die
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Berryman: 12:30pm On May 29, 2013
ridone:

this is what my online nandroid is displaying on d pix below...pls i need a
step by step guideline on how to do a successful backup on my tecno
Q1.Waiting for ur response.thanks in advance.......pls av u been able to find solution,pls share it wf me...fnkz!
I've long done d backup. Just make sure u create dis folder "clockworkmod" in d root of ur sd card and goto settings (on d nandroid bkup app) and download one mk...img file. Then when backing up select clockworkmod mode (not twrp). Make sure u av enough space on ur sd b4 proceeding (i needed to av 1.09gb on my fone). By d way, i can't see any image at ur post.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by Berryman: 12:35pm On May 29, 2013
versace400: Pls someone should come to my aid,i have everything required to load the ginger on my phone and my phone is also properly rooted, but i wanted to start from nandroid backup as specified,anytime i try to use the backup,i always get error that 'mkyaffs2image is not find in the path,exiting' thereby, i cant go further yet and i have take pains to download everything already, pls help me fellows.
Just goto settings on d app and download/install dat file there.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by versace400(m): 1:21pm On May 29, 2013
Berryman: Just goto settings on d app and download/install dat file there.
Thank u bro, am doing the backup now. God bless. I will proceed to the next stage and get back. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by pators(m): 2:02pm On May 29, 2013
Berryman: Just goto settings on d app and download/install dat file there.
.pls my fone is bricked how wil i backup?
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by yehmy(m): 3:21pm On May 29, 2013
pators: .pls my fone is bricked how wil i backup?
Since ur fone is brick u cn backup. better still dl xanders stock rom or gb final to restore ur fone.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by pators(m): 3:44pm On May 29, 2013
yehmy:
Since ur fone is brick u cn backup. better still dl xanders stock rom or gb final to restore ur fone.
.d site is no more opening again
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by critikality: 9:48pm On May 29, 2013
@xanders thanks for your good work, I am really enjoying gingerbean rom for it's great stability and ics flavour. Looking forward to seeing more great features.
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by pators(m): 11:21pm On May 29, 2013
critikality: @xanders thanks for your good work, I am really enjoying gingerbean rom for it's great stability and ics flavour. Looking forward to seeing more great features.
pls r u in lagos ..i nid d rom file of gingerbean d site is nomore going tru
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by critikality: 6:11am On May 30, 2013
pators: pls r u in lagos ..i nid d rom file of gingerbean d site is nomore going tru
sorry man am from Ghana, currently at Takoradi
Re: Custom ROM For Tecno N3: Ginger-bean by torgbe(m): 7:02am On May 30, 2013
critikality: sorry man am from Ghana, currently at Takoradi
woww! I stayed in Taadi for lyk 2yrs..luv da place...chilling be wat..paragon,last hour beach,vienna city,aboadze vra...i wud be back to da country later in da year and be visiting Busua beach wit som of ma white folks

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (36) (Reply)

Airtel 5 Times Recharge Bonus And Free Megabyte Data. / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) / Picture Of A Man 'Speaking On A Cell Phone' In The 1940s Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.