Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,108 members, 7,963,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 02:54 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (839270 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:54pm On Jul 27, 2013
mercylicious: Enough of all this e fight.

I finally wrote ielts at Benin centre today. The test centre is very okay. Their organisation is excellent. They also have earphone for listening test.I did both speaking and the other tests today.

For me, I think I did well, am only waiting for the examiners to confirm. The examination is not as easy as people think but with adequate preparation, you will find it very easy. You need to be familiar with the kind of questions that you will be asked. www.ieltsbuddy and simon ielts website were very helpful. Make sure you are familiar with the strategies for each section. I finished my exam in record time as against what people complain of. The tips were helpful. In the listening section, if you miss any answer, just jump the questn and continue with other ones. I missed some questions in listening test too.
Half of the people that wrote the exam today have written before and didn't make the score for intended use. Some made the overall band and scored less than 6 in one band, hence the repeat. Please pay attention to all modules when preparing for the exam. Some people ignore speaking or listening but please don't. Also read model and sample essays, they will help you a lot.
Wish you the best in your preparation.

I trust you will come out tops. Your result should be out in the next 13 days!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by folyshow: 8:03am On Jul 29, 2013
solomonwis:

The way the new FSWP is structured is such that they want to be sure you have the requisite qualification under which you want to be assessed and in doing so, you have a Canadian equivalence of your educational qualification.

As much as it is not totally out of place to see people with a particular qualification working in another area outside their discipline, you have to proof that you don't just have the work experience but you also possess some qualifications that helped you perform to expectation in your discipline. Some professional certifications have been accepted in time past. For instance, I know WES recognizes your ACCA/ICAN qualifications.

So I would say depending on the mode of receiving those certifications ( especially when you received formal training),you can include them for assessment. When WES or any other assessing body see that it is equivalent to a Canadian qualification, then you can use that to claim points under education and subsequently apply for FSWP.

In essence, no certification is a write off until after WES evaluation.

Thanks man. I really appreciate your input. I will find a best way to present my certifications to WES for assessment.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 29, 2013
@Folyshow, I feel you are also applying under 2174 - computer except software. I know ITIL professional is equivalent to a degree abroad, but the problem is geting WES to access it since most of us read on our own and write certificatns. Wes specifies they access certificates obtained through formal training.

Why not write contactca@wes.org. Ask them if its allowed before you apply to WES
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mpi210: 10:07am On Jul 29, 2013
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:47am On Jul 29, 2013
mpi210: Solomonwis,

I'm kind of perplexed. I updated my address with one of my banks but it has not been reflected which I saw cos I justed printed my statement. What do you think? I hope CIC wont reject it as it has my former office address which i was using as my contact address.

There shouldn't be any problem with that.As long as you have the required fund in the account and other bank details are correct,the change in address will not be any problem.

Most banks (in Nigeria) rarely change the address even when you update your account details with them,I wouldn't know for what reason though ( I am talking from personal experience).

You should be fine,no cause for alarm.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:49am On Jul 29, 2013
mercylicious: @Folyshow, I feel you are also applying under 2174 - computer except software. I know ITIL professional is equivalent to a degree abroad, but the problem is geting WES to access it since most of us read on our own and write certificatns. Wes specifies they access certificates obtained through formal training.

Why not write contactca@wes.org. Ask them if its allowed before you apply to WES

Mercy, It just occurred to me that you've already done an assessment of credentials with WES in the past,it doesn't matter if it was done with WES USA or WES Canada. You can actually upgrade that evaluation thereby incurring a minimal fee instead of going through the hassle of getting your docs sent again.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mpi210: 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2013
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by biolabee(m): 12:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
@mpi

Form 5406

It means you and your wife will fill one form each with all your siblings and parents name/info included
If you have a kid above 18 years, he or she will also fill with the parents and siblings

Ditto for the other forms
They believe that a child over 18 is an adult automatically
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
mpi210:

Thank you so much.

I have another question.
Forms Schedule A: Background Declaration (IMM 5669) and Additional Family Information (IMM 5406) says

Completed, dated and signed by everyone in the following list:
- the principal applicant
- spouse
- each dependent child over 18years.

Please what do they mean?

For Schedule A Background Declaration (IMM 5669),It is one form for each of the persons to be included in your application package. Each must person must fill and sign the form.

For Additional Family Information (IMM 5406),you fill only one form for all persons related to you as requested on the form. You can sign the form stating you have no spouse or children/Dependants (If you are not married and you have no children).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mpi210: 12:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
mpi210:

Thanks for responding. For Additional Family Information (IMM 5406), I'm married and my question is, will it be like IMM 5669, i.e. one each?

If you are married,it means it will be one for each for both forms.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mpi210: 12:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pjosysnet: 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hi everyone, Please i am very much interested to study in any of the Canadian Universities as a foreigner for either MBA or MSc Programme especially from Nigeria to Canada. However, the problem i am having is that i don't know which Universities in Canada that their school fees are cheap, affordable and without IELTS as a per-requisite.

I have 2nd Class Upper in Accounting for 2011/2012 Session and i want to go to Canada and study for either MBA in Information Technology or Msc in Accounting. Why the MBA in IT? This is as a result of my years of experience in the field of IT and presently i am a certified fiber optic technician (CFOT). So i would like to know if anyone can help me with his or her experience on how to go about it since they are already there studying in Canada.

Please i actually need help on how to go about it from the foundation level.

Thank you and God bless your true and honest responds.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 1:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
pjosysnet: Hi everyone, Please i am very much interested to study in any of the Canadian Universities as a foreigner for either MBA or MSc Programme especially from Nigeria to Canada. However, the problem i am having is that i don't know which Universities in Canada that their school fees are cheap, affordable and without IELTS as a per-requisite.

I have 2nd Class Upper in Accounting for 2011/2012 Session and i want to go to Canada and study for either MBA in Information Technology or Msc in Accounting. Why the MBA in IT? This is as a result of my years of experience in the field of IT and presently i am a certified fiber optic technician (CFOT). So i would like to know if anyone can help me with his or her experience on how to go about it since they are already there studying in Canada.

Please i actually need help on how to go about it from the foundation level.

Thank you and God bless your true and honest responds.

Please post your question here https://www.nairaland.com/1229480/travelling-canada-part-4/204
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 7:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
ifechukwukamso:

I really don't think it is right calling your fellow Niairalander sick or silly. We are in this forum to educate and pick out each others error. Constructive arguments to prove your points is the matured thing to do. After which u rest your case. No be by force.
Please kindly withdraw your Last comments.
This is the problem we face in Nairaland. Divergence of opinion leads to name calling. Not nice. Let's share opinions, let nobody shoot down another person's suggestions(who knows? It cud work)
Cheers!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:24am On Jul 30, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
This is the problem we face in Nairaland. Divergence of opinion leads to name calling. Not nice. Let's share opinions, let nobody shoot down another person's suggestions(who knows? It cud work)
Cheers!

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:59am On Jul 30, 2013
UPDATE!

Total complete applications received so far is 389 with the below eligible occupations topping the list
*1112 Financial and investment analysts
*2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/complete-applications.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 9:06am On Jul 31, 2013
Oh one of ours Solomongrandy has had his card debited 2 days ago. Yipeeee. I'm giving his story cos e don vex comot nairaland.
On a side note,I wonder if they have bounced my own application. undecided
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 9:02am On Aug 01, 2013
LadyGuinivere: Oh one of ours Solomongrandy has had his card debited 2 days ago. Yipeeee. I'm giving his story cos e don vex comot nairaland.
On a side note,I wonder if they have bounced my own application. undecided

This is comforting to know. Can you kindly ask him when he submitted his application. Secondly did he use the GTB debit card? Chao!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 01, 2013
@Ladyguinver,
Very happy to know update on solomon grandy.
Please beg him to come back to the forum. Did he appliy for 2174?
The cap has jumped. It seems ielts is wat is holding a lot of ppl.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 8:56pm On Aug 01, 2013
mercylicious: @Ladyguinver,
Very happy to know update on solomon grandy.
Please beg him to come back to the forum. Did he appliy for 2174?
The cap has jumped. It seems ielts is wat is holding a lot of ppl.
His NOC is 2134 and his application reached on d 15th. Have no idea which card he used.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 9:44pm On Aug 01, 2013
LadyGuinivere:
His NOC is 2134 and his application reached on d 15th. Have no idea which card he used.
Thanks. 15th of which month...may or June
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by WaltherPPK: 3:49am On Aug 02, 2013
solomongrandy:

Yesterday. Engineering Managers
when did you send yours in?
LadyGuinivere:
[quote author=LadyGuinivere]
@Ladyguinivere,Is it not the same dude that said he applied as engineering manager, are u sure u are right about the NOC? or did he make another application as a chemical engineer?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 02, 2013
Hello, how will wes acccess sumone with 5 years and 9 months work experience? How many points will it be?
Also how many points will b.eng elect and computer have? No masters or phd attached.
To scale this 69 na another thing. It looks easy but not so easy. The key na to have high english score.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 7:42am On Aug 02, 2013
mercylicious: Hello, how will wes acccess sumone with 5 years and 9 months work experience? How many points will it be?
Also how many points will b.eng elect and computer have? No masters or phd attached.
To scale this 69 na another thing. It looks easy but not so easy. The key na to have high english score.

Does WES assess work experience?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by biolabee(m): 11:57am On Aug 02, 2013
No

Just your certificate

Uniport grads don't bother with wes
ferdiii:

Does WES assess work experience?

@mercy

The process favors those with families as adaptability is higher
If you have family already there - better

Also language score, experience above 6 yrs and good finances helps

This is a good thread

Note that there are other assessors aside wes.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
Its been a long while for me and I really miss some of you guys down this end.

After the long wait and too much tension, i just received my PER today. I am sooooo excited.

I pray it goes well with all of you on this side and that we ultimately share a common place to see our common desires fulfilled. God bless you all.

Like I said on the foreign forum, once your Debit card is charged, PER is almost sure.

Now I am waiting for AOR, Medicals and VISA
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 2:52pm On Aug 02, 2013
LadyGuinivere:

Yes LadyG my app reached May 15th but I sent additional documents which later reached May 22nd. I guess my date then changed to May 22nd as my GTB Visa Card was charged when people of May 22nd-24th are reporting cc charge.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
solomongrandy: Its been a long while for me and I really miss some of you guys down this end.

After the long wait and too much tension, i just received my PER today. I am sooooo excited.

I pray it goes well with all of you on this side and that we ultimately share a common place to see our common desires fulfilled. God bless you all.

Like I said on the foreign forum, once your Debit card is charged, PER is almost sure.

Congratulations!

More to come, I believe!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomongrandy: 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
WaltherPPK:

I didnt apply as Engineering Managers. I work as an Engineering Manager but I am also a Chemical Engineer and applied under 2134.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by biolabee(m): 3:21pm On Aug 02, 2013
Nice one

Wish you the best
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 4:42pm On Aug 02, 2013
solomongrandy: Its been a long while for me and I really miss some of you guys down this end.

Welcome Back!
You have opened the door to many more successes that will come to Nairalanders in this forum
Congrats

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (322)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.