Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,754 members, 7,938,309 topics. Date: Monday, 02 September 2024 at 10:28 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (45) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (837775 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by qtx(m): 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
CAP UPDATED

Total received toward the overall cap: 3,109 of 5,000

(by National Occupational Classification [NOC] code) Number of complete applications counted towards the 300 sub-cap Footnote 1

0211 Engineering managers 300 (Cap reached) Footnote 2
1112 Financial and investment analysts 300 (Cap reached) Footnote
2113 Geoscientists and oceanographers 46
2131 Civil engineers 300 (Cap reached) Footnote
2132 Mechanical engineers 300 (Cap reached) Footnote
2134 Chemical engineers 141
2143 Mining engineers 8
2145 Petroleum engineers 4
2144 Geological engineers 71
2146 Aerospace engineers 18
2147 Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers) 300 (Cap reached) Footnote
2154 Land surveyors 18
2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers 300 (Cap reached) Footnote
2243 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics 68
2263 Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety 182
3141 Audiologists and speech-language pathologists 13
3142 Physiotherapists 300 (Cap reached) Footnote
3143 Occupational Therapists 38
3211 Medical laboratory technologists 210
3212 Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists' assistants 79
3214 Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists 18
3215 Medical Radiation Technologists 48
3216 Medical Sonographers 32
3217 Cardiology technologists and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists 23

Poster are u saying its not too late for me to give it a try yet? can i still commence the application process at this point? kindly reply let me know what next to do. tnx
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jk2013: 5:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
maskuraid: @jk2013
From what i gather,only applications being considered are charged. My first application was rejected without any charge.

@Maskuraid, how are you keeping? I was reading through a thread on another forum and I discovered your application was received by CIC on 17th Oct which was the same day mine was also received. From the details, I reckon your DD was charged on the 11th while mine was charged on 13th Dec. Please have you received your PER yet? I'm indeed very anxious about it now. I just need a feedback please.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by maskuraid(m): 11:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
Hi jk2013,i'm still waiting for the PER. I guess they should get to us in a week. I'm anxious too but we should be alright in a bit...
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by okejji: 7:04pm On Dec 19, 2013
I have discovered a woman working in the central criminal Registry at Lagbon, Lagos. you dont need to be in Lagos for our police certificate to be done. just contact her she will send you the form to your email, then you can do the finger print and send her your details through courier. She will do it within a day and send it back to you. She just did it for my friend very easy.
her name is Mrs Modupe Jegede (FINGERPRINT ANALYST), Phone no. 08033671031, 08076652645. Her charge is relatively very cheap.
She charges b/w 4k - 6k if you are present in her office. but those outside lagos she might collect more because of courier. others collect upto 18k or even more. so beware. pls tell her that Okoro informed you. so that it can be done with ease and cheap
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 7:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
Good man..

okejji: I have discovered a woman working in the central criminal Registry at Lagbon, Lagos. you dont need to be in Lagos for our police certificate to be done. just contact her she will send you the form to your email, then you can do the finger print and send her your details through courier. She will do it within a day and send it back to you. She just did it for my friend very easy.
her name is Mrs Modupe Jegede (FINGERPRINT ANALYST), Phone no. 08033671031, 08076652645. Her charge is relatively very cheap.
She charges b/w 4k - 6k if you are present in her office. but those outside lagos she might collect more because of courier. others collect upto 18k or even more. so beware. pls tell her that Okoro informed you. so that it can be done with ease and cheap
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by needful: 12:43pm On Dec 20, 2013
okejji: I have discovered a woman working in the central criminal Registry at Lagbon, Lagos. you dont need to be in Lagos for our police certificate to be done. just contact her she will send you the form to your email, then you can do the finger print and send her your details through courier. She will do it within a day and send it back to you. She just did it for my friend very easy.

here in PH, police certificate/report is done at the rate of N2000
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 1:00pm On Dec 20, 2013
needful:

here in PH, police certificate/report is done at the rate of N2000

You can also put up your contacts so we can have a database which we can activate at the opportune time
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by needful: 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2013
pickabeau1:

You can also put up your contacts so we can have a database which we can activate at the opportune time

its very popular in port Harcourt. anyway, am here to direct anybody that is in need of it here to avoid scam.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 3:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
Those based in ph, cross river and other areas will benefit from it

You can put up the info

My understanding was that only at lagos or abj you could get this police clearance

If you can get it in ph in addition to medical exam at the prime medical consultants.

One does not need to go to lagos for pcc

needful:

its very popular in port Harcourt. anyway, am here to direct anybody that is in need of it here to avoid scam.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by applee: 4:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
Sir, Kindly tell me whether we need to include all forms in the document checklist, when applying for FSWP or only the those which applicable to me only. For eg: Use of a Representative, Declaration for minors etc. are not applicable to me. Plz reply as soon as possible..
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 4:58pm On Dec 21, 2013
applee: Sir, Kindly tell me whether we need to include all forms in the document checklist, when applying for FSWP or only the those which applicable to me only. For eg: Use of a Representative, Declaration for minors etc. are not applicable to me. Plz reply as soon as possible..

the ones that only apply to you

primarily 3 forms

one with your experience
General form
and the ones where you can add your dependants etc
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by applee: 5:14pm On Dec 21, 2013
pickabeau1:

the ones that only apply to you

primarily 3 forms

one with your experience
General form
and the ones where you can add your dependants etc

OK will do so...and thanks for your quick reply..smiley
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by okejji: 5:59pm On Dec 21, 2013
please be inform that it is in Alagoon, Lagos. This is the approved place to get your police Clarance by CIC. check their website,
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/africa/nigeria.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
okejji: please be inform that it is in Alagoon, Lagos. This is the approved place to get your police Clarance by CIC. check their website, before you start saying it is a scam. that is how people miss your destiny.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/africa/nigeria.asp

Thanks for that info
I was bit skeptical myself
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 9:45pm On Dec 21, 2013
Hey Nairalander
Just to inform the house especially those who have recieved their PER not to forget to update their case officer of any new development related to their application like change of Job, pregnancy, change of address, movement to another country outside where u applied initially etc. You can use this link to update your information with the accra visa officer
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra

1 Like

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Hotstepper(f): 10:06am On Dec 23, 2013
This will interest people here. Another province just announced that they need people and it starts JAN 2, 2014... please see the link http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/340228/pinoyabroad/ofwguide/immigration-guide-200-jobs-in-demand-in-canada-with-no-job-offer-requirement
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 4:42pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hotstepper: This will interest people here. Another province just announced that they need people and it starts JAN 2, 2014... please see the link http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/340228/pinoyabroad/ofwguide/immigration-guide-200-jobs-in-demand-in-canada-with-no-job-offer-requirement
to the gurus pls help check confirmed this
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2013
Hotstepper: This will interest people here. Another province just announced that they need people and it starts JAN 2, 2014... please see the link http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/340228/pinoyabroad/ofwguide/immigration-guide-200-jobs-in-demand-in-canada-with-no-job-offer-requirement

This is very correct.

You can apply on January 2nd,2014 on this link www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca

Goodluck to everyone!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Proseoca: 8:54am On Dec 24, 2013
ifechukwukamso: Hey Nairalander
Just to inform the house especially those who have recieved their PER not to forget to update their case officer of any new development related to their application like change of Job, pregnancy, change of address, movement to another country outside where u applied initially etc. You can use this link to update your information with the accra visa officer
https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=accra

Please why is it important to inform VIsa Office about change of Job..of what significance is this?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by needful: 12:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
pls for WES evaluation, is it only photocopy of my BSC certificate that i will submit to them?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pickabeau1: 2:29pm On Dec 24, 2013
needful: pls for WES evaluation, is it only photocopy of my BSC certificate that i will submit to them?

Its OK... Some sent scanned copies
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mikkyangel(m): 6:08am On Dec 25, 2013
solomonwis:

This is very correct.

You can apply on January 2nd,2014 on this link www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca

Goodluck to everyone!

This link states that you must have a job offer, please correct me if am wrong.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:55am On Dec 25, 2013
mikkyangel:

This link states that you must have a job offer, please correct me if am wrong.

It is not a must....That's what makes this flexible. As long as you score 60 points out of 100 points on the point assessment grid, you are qualified.

You are awarded points on the basis of five (5) factors:

• Education and Training (23 Points Maximum);
• Skilled Work Experience(15 Points Maximum);
• Language Ability(20 Points Maximum);
• Age; (12 Points Maximum) and,
• Saskatchewan Labour Market and Adaptability (30 Points Maximum)

"..............International Skilled Worker Category

The International Skilled Worker Category is for skilled workers who want to work and live in Saskatchewan. This category enables the SINP to nominate individuals with high human capital that have the education, experience, language and adaptability to economically establish and successfully integrate into Saskatchewan’s communities. Criteria include:
•The point rating system focuses on employment offers, education, work experience, language ability, and family connections, among other factors. The points available for persons with family connections in Saskatchewan are higher than the former Skilled Worker Category (i.e. points for family connections can account for 20% of points).
•Applicants must have a minimum language score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4, as demonstrated by a SINP-approved language test. CLB 4 is the minimum; employers and regulatory bodies may require higher language scores.
•Applicants whose occupational education and work experience is in a regulated profession or compulsory apprenticeship trade will be required to obtain the appropriate Saskatchewan licensure to be able to work in that profession. To see if the occupation is regulated in Saskatchewan, go to Is my occupation regulated?. Proof of eligibility for Saskatchewan licensure from the regulatory body will be required as part of the SINP application.
Applicants that do not have an approved job offer are required to have proof of settlement funds and must submit a settlement plan.
•The SINP will accept 250 applications in 2014 from applicants without an offer of employment whose high skilled occupation is in demand in Saskatchewan. These occupations must have “good” or “fair’ employment prospects as per Saskatchewan’s Detailed Occupational Outlook (2013-2017). The list of eligible occupations has been updated as of December 23, 2013.

The International Skilled Worker Category sets a clear focus on the SINP’s priority to nominate skilled workers with the greatest ability to economically establish in the province. This is done through the points rating system which maintains a strong emphasis on employment in Saskatchewan and family connections and increases emphasis on key labour market attachment factors including education, work experience, language and age.

Application Guide for the International Skilled Workers Category (Applications will not be accepted under this category until January 2, 2014.) The guide and appendix have been updated as of December 23, 2013....."
Source:http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/sinp-program-changes
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 2:58pm On Dec 25, 2013
solomonwis:

It is not a must....That's what makes this flexible. As long as you score 60 points out of 100 points on the point assessment grid, you are qualified.

The International Skilled Worker Category is for skilled workers who want to work and live in Saskatchewan. This category enables the SINP to nominate individuals with high human capital that have the education, experience, language and adaptability to economically establish and successfully integrate into Saskatchewan’s communities. Criteria include:
•The point rating system focuses on employment offers, education, work experience, language ability, and family connections, among other factors. The points available for persons with family connections in Saskatchewan are higher than the former Skilled Worker Category (i.e. points for family connections can account for 20% of points).
•Applicants must have a minimum language score of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4, as demonstrated by a SINP-approved language test. CLB 4 is the minimum; employers and regulatory bodies may require higher language scores.
•Applicants whose occupational education and work experience is in a regulated profession or compulsory apprenticeship trade will be required to obtain the appropriate Saskatchewan licensure to be able to work in that profession. To see if the occupation is regulated in Saskatchewan, go to Is my occupation regulated?. Proof of eligibility for Saskatchewan licensure from the regulatory body will be required as part of the SINP application.
Applicants that do not have an approved job offer are required to have proof of settlement funds and must submit a settlement plan.
•The SINP will accept 250 applications in 2014 from applicants without an offer of employment whose high skilled occupation is in demand in Saskatchewan. These occupations must have “good” or “fair’ employment prospects as per Saskatchewan’s Detailed Occupational Outlook (2013-2017). The list of eligible occupations has been updated as of December 23, 2013.

The International Skilled Worker Category sets a clear focus on the SINP’s priority to nominate skilled workers with the greatest ability to economically establish in the province. This is done through the points rating system which maintains a strong emphasis on employment in Saskatchewan and family connections and increases emphasis on key labour market attachment factors including education, work experience, language and age.

Application Guide for the International Skilled Workers Category (Applications will not be accepted under this category until January 2, 2014.) The guide and appendix have been updated as of December 23, 2013....."
so IELTS is still important here
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by bayulll01(m): 2:58pm On Dec 25, 2013
solomonwis:

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:00pm On Dec 25, 2013
bayulll01:

Yes,it is important.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mikkyangel(m): 5:13am On Dec 26, 2013
solomonwis:

Yes,it is important.

See info?, wow...thanks Solobanta... Please I have more questions for u..
1) my ELTs I wrote was back in 2010, and I got 7 overall, is it still valid?
2)I have friends in Canada, not family /relative, can I use them(adaptability)
3)Does one gets more points if he/she is married?
4)and lastly can u send me a link on Saask jobs on the demand?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:05am On Dec 26, 2013
mikkyangel:

See info?, wow...thanks Solobanta... Please I have more questions for u..
1) my ELTs I wrote was back in 2010, and I got 7 overall, is it still valid?
2)I have friends in Canada, not family /relative, can I use them(adaptability)
3)Does one gets more points if he/she is married?
4)and lastly can u send me a link on Saask jobs on the demand?

1. The IELTS is not valid. The validity of IELTS for Canadian migration expires 2 years after the issuance of the result.
2. Friends in Canada especially in the province being considered will suffice for provincial nominee program.
3. There's no extra point for being married.
4. Please check Appendix A in this link http://www.saskimmigrationcanada.ca/application-guide-for-the-international-skilled-workers-category
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jk2013: 8:20pm On Dec 27, 2013
maskuraid: Hi jk2013,i'm still waiting for the PER. I guess they should get to us in a week. I'm anxious too but we should be alright in a bit...

Hi @Maskuraid, compliments of the season. After waiting for the PER for a whole week since my DD was charged by CIC, I had to ring their office on (1-613-944-4000). The lady that took my call was very nice and gave me my UCI over the phone. Infact she said if I dont get an acknowledgement email from CIC by the end of this month, then I can email the CIO through their official email cos their phone numbers that are available to the public and she couldnt give it to me. She assured I will receive the email from CIC anyway.
The Good news is that I went online to check the status of my application using the UCI I received over the phone and indeed now I'm resting assured that my application has been successful. The status online showed: IN PROCESS.
I clicked on the IN PROCESS, and it showed me all the stages in appropriate sequence and the interpretation of IN PROCESS for (Application for permanent residence-federal skilled worker submitted to centralized intake office (CIO) Nova Scotia.
Behold these are the details as shown on the CIC website:

In Process
Based on review of your complete application package, it has been determined that your application is eligible for processing.
Processing has begun.

So I recommend you ring them to get your UCI over the phone. I hope this info helps.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jk2013: 8:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
jk2013:

Hi @Maskuraid, compliments of the season. After waiting for the PER for a whole week since my DD was charged by CIC, I had to ring their office on (1-613-944-4000). The lady that took my call was very nice and gave me my UCI over the phone. Infact she said if I dont get an acknowledgement email from CIC by the end of this month, then I can email the CIO through their official email cos their phone numbers that are available to the public and she couldnt give it to me. She assured I will receive the email from CIC anyway.
The Good news is that I went online to check the status of my application using the UCI I received over the phone and indeed now I'm resting assured that my application has been successful. The status online showed: IN PROCESS.
I clicked on the IN PROCESS, and it showed me all the stages in appropriate sequence and the interpretation of IN PROCESS for (Application for permanent residence-federal skilled worker submitted to centralized intake office (CIO) Nova Scotia.
Behold these are the details as shown on the CIC website:

In Process
Based on review of your complete application package, it has been determined that your application is eligible for processing.
Processing has begun.

So I recommend you ring them to get your UCI over the phone. I hope this info helps.
Cheers
Here is a shot of the web page and the explained details:

Skip to main contentSkip to footerBasic HTML version

Canada.gc.ca
Services
Departments
Français

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Immigrate(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Visit(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Work(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Study(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Citizenship(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
New immigrants(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
Canadians(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
My Application(open the submenu with the enter key and close with the escape key)
HomeMy Application
On-Line Services
FAQ | Security
Application for Permanent Residence - Federal Skilled Worker submitted to the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) Sydney, Nova Scotia
This diagram explains each step in the application process.

Status of your application

Explanation

APPLICATION RECEIVED

Application Received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
We have received your application. After checking for completeness, a file has been created and the information from the application form was entered.

Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) ELIGIBILITY REVIEW COMPLETE

Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) - Eligibility Review Complete
The review at the CIO-Sydney has been completed. A letter with additional information has been mailed.

RECEIVED BY VISA OFFICE

Received by Visa Office
The application and documents have been received by the visa office.

VISA OFFICE ELIGIBILITY REVIEW COMPLETE

Visa Office - Eligibility Review Complete
The review of the application and supporting documents has been completed at the visa office. A letter with additional information has been mailed.

WITHDRAWN

Application Withdrawn
We withdrew your application and your file has been closed.

IN PROCESS

In Process
Processing has begun.

DECISION MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by CIC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

COMPLETE

(This is the last step in the processing of your application.)

Applicant Arrives in Canada and is Granted Permanent Residence
You will need to meet with an Immigration Officer who will verify your documents and grant you permanent residence if all is in order.

Date modified:2013-07-11
Footer
Terms and conditions Transparency
About us
News
Contact us
Stay connected
HEALTH
healthycanadians.gc.caTRAVEL
travel.gc.caSERVICE CANADA
servicecanada.gc.caJOBS
jobbank.gc.caECONOMY
actionplan.gc.ca
Canada.gc.ca
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by scrollmeout(m): 10:09pm On Dec 27, 2013
Hello House,

Thank you for being so forth coming with answers so far.

I have some questions please. I just received an email from WES that my documents have been sent to my institution for verification.

1. How long does OAU and/or Yabatech take to respond?..for those who attended these institutions

2. Is there anything i can do to expedite this process?

3. What is their mode of communication for verification? Is it email, courier, or regular mail?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by zeelo2014: 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2013
^^^ are u applying for the current fsw? If its for next year,u have no issue it could take as much as 2months o. They'll keep u updated with emails,the document will be sent thru post.

(1) (2) (3) ... (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) ... (322)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.