Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,430 members, 7,932,403 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 06:18 AM

Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty (53705 Views)

Well Done! Kuku Receives US Honour For Amnesty Work / Photos Of Captured Boko Haram Members / Repentant Abia Criminals Demand For Amnesty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by thrugemaster(m): 5:49pm On May 04, 2013
Henry120:

The HK416 is the weapon of choice for US special forces (green berets). Extremely accurate and very compact.

However with uncle SAM's( usa) un predictability in foreign policy, I'd prefer we just stick with the isreali's or belgians or russians for better stable alternatives.

The HK416 is german though.

are you the henry in beegeagle's blog?
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by firetrap(m): 5:57pm On May 04, 2013
Henry120: Navy special boat service commandos with a mix of CTAR-21 and TAR-21

The tall commando with night vision googles is armed with aa CTAR 21, while his buddie beside him is carrying the standard version

Oga Henry, I beg to differ. They are all carrying the CTAR. You can tell which variant it is by the number of air vents on the barrel.

Standard tar= 6 vents

CTAR= 4 vents

MTAR= 2 vents

STAR (sniper variant) = 4 vents but can be distinguished from the CTAR by its bipod stands and longer barrel and optics
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by Nobody: 6:15pm On May 04, 2013
loved how the firearms geeks derailed the topic cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by vascey(m): 6:17pm On May 04, 2013
I'm so loving this weapons 101 class. Who are you guys and how do you all know so much about weapons?
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by stankezzy: 6:28pm On May 04, 2013
vascey: I'm so loving this weapons 101 class. Who are you guys and how do you all know so much about weapons?
they are retired criminals,deported from usa.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by vizboy(m): 6:37pm On May 04, 2013
Always love the way u guys discuss about weapon. That why i wouldnt stop lovin that WHICH AFRICA COUNTRY HAS THE STRONGEST MILITARY. Thread, damn i love that thread
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 04, 2013
Tfri: Jst got a baby girl jawe boko dis boko dat
awl she is lovely.

no worry menh are at work to see her give you grand kids.

i love babies. i have 3 and will want them not to be part of this rubbish nigeria but since their mums are so uncivilized that europe will give em early menopause
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by Nobody: 6:43pm On May 04, 2013
Henry120: Navy special boat service commandos with a mix of CTAR-21 and TAR-21

The tall commando with night vision googles is armed with aa CTAR 21, while his buddie beside him is carrying the standard version
as a confirmed warri boy on visiting days and during my boarding house era, this pic reminded me why warfi boys dey fear navy and only navy.
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by druid06(m): 6:46pm On May 04, 2013
The IWI US TSIDF16 Tavor SAR Bullpup Rifle is accurate but one thing people on NL should not forget that this assualt rifle is very expensive. I see some short coming with this rifle, it is shorter in length than your normal rifle therefore making it hard to hold. The little budget that goes to the Nigerian military should not all be spent on expensives ammo. For me I would go with the standard issue M16 assual rifles the official assual riffle for the U.S Marine. This rifle is fairly accurate, it can be switched to semi-automatic or full round fire. The picture below is the different variation of M16. You can see it instills fear in peoples mind. If them BOKO boys see them our army boys carry this rifle their with humvee mounted with M2 .50 caliber machine as depicted below. Them go surrender kon give their life to Christ.

Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by automaticcarzz: 6:47pm On May 04, 2013
druid06: The IWI US TSIDF16 Tavor SAR Bullpup Rifle is accurate but one thing people on NL should not forget that this assualt rifle is very expensive. I see some short coming with this rifle, it is shorter in length than your normal rifle therefore making it hard to hold. The little budget that goes to the Nigerian military should not all be spent on expensives ammo. For me I would go with the standard issue M16 assual rifles the office assual riffle for the U.S Marine. This rifle is fairly accurate, it can be switched to sem-automatic or full round fire. The picture below is the different variation of M16. You can see it instills fear in peoples mind.

What about bushmaster?
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 04, 2013
ocelot2006:

Correction though. It is the IMI Tavor TAR-21 assault rifle ('though SSS close protection details, Navy SBS teams, and NAF Quick Reaction Force use the shorter MTAR-21 rifle).

And the Uzi is not in the same class as this rifle. The former is a submachine gun while the later is a burl-pup combat assault rifle that chambers tge much larger 5.56 NATO rounds.

i like you .

you are one of the rare gems here.

i really meant being from state of origin.

The Israelis have given us the uzi, the TAR and that 50 cal. handggun: Desert Eagle.

Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by firetrap(m): 6:57pm On May 04, 2013
druid06: The IWI US TSIDF16 Tavor SAR Bullpup Rifle is accurate but one thing people on NL should not forget that this assualt rifle is very expensive. I see some short coming with this rifle, it is shorter in length than your normal rifle therefore making it hard to hold. The little budget that goes to the Nigerian military should not all be spent on expensives ammo. For me I would go with the standard issue M16 assual rifles the official assual riffle for the U.S Marine. This rifle is fairly accurate, it can be switched to semi-automatic or full round fire. The picture below is the different variation of M16. You can see it instills fear in peoples mind. If them BOKO boys see them our army boys carry this rifle their with humvee mounted with M2 .50 caliber machine as depicted below. Them go surrender kon give their life to Christ.

Its a bullpup rifle. This means that the action group or mechanism is behind the trigger group unlike conventional rifles whose action group is in front of the trigger mechanism. Because of that the barrel appears shorter but is of the same length with that of conventional rifles of the same caliber
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 04, 2013
automaticcarzz:

What about bushmaster?

The bushmaster is not a great rifle. It jams all the time. It has great look, design based on the M-16 and the M-4 but very very un reliable.
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by druid06(m): 7:02pm On May 04, 2013
automaticcarzz:

What about bushmaster?

Bushmaster Firearms is a company that manufactures and distributes fireams and it's component in the U.S. If what you meant was the Bushmaster M4 carbine type, men that rifle is bad. The U.S army used it in Iraq and Afganistan. Very nice weapon though with it capabilities just like that of M16. It looks like AR15 which in turns looks like M16. This rifle bad sha but it has it's disadvantages, it jams easily.
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by druid06(m): 7:03pm On May 04, 2013
Henry120:

The bushmaster is not a great rifle. It jams all the time. It has great look, design based on the M-16 and the M-4 but very very un reliable.

You're absolutely right there.
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by automaticcarzz: 7:04pm On May 04, 2013
druid06:

Bushmaster Firearms is a company that manufactures and distributes fireams and it's component in the U.S. If what you meant was the Bushmaster M4 carbine type, men that rifle is bad. The U.S army used it in Iraq and Afganistan. Very nice weapon though with it capabilities just like that of M16. It looks like AR15 which in turns looks like M16. This rifle bad sha..

I saw it at a gun show and I liked it (design wise) more than any rifles I saw there.
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by druid06(m): 7:05pm On May 04, 2013
firetrap:

Its a bullpup rifle. This means that the action group or mechanism is behind the trigger group unlike conventional rifles whose action group is in front of the trigger mechanism. Because of that the barrel appears shorter but is of the same length with that of conventional rifles of the same caliber

I see. Nice one!
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by firetrap(m): 7:07pm On May 04, 2013
This is the standard tar with grenade launcher attached

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by firetrap(m): 7:10pm On May 04, 2013
These are the other three tavors. From right to left. MTAR, CTAR AND STAR

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by druid06(m): 7:10pm On May 04, 2013
automaticcarzz:

I saw it at a gun show and I liked it (design wise) more than any rifles I saw there.

Men, there're a lot of rifles out there that would blow your mind. Mind you all rifles depend what you want to use them for. It you want to hold court in the street and make a lot of noise then the chinese AK 47 is what you should go for. Loud has hell. It's the assualt rifle the vietcongs used to defeat the U.S during the vietnamese war. U.S would say they won but I think otherwise.
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by Nobody: 7:11pm On May 04, 2013
[size=30pt]This thread is now an official Military Gun nut thread.[/size]

Dumping hardcore...

Valtro PM-5
original house keeper. this baby carries and fires at will and random like an automatic rifle . 8 cartridges in less than 30 second. your own pitbull at your finger tips

Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by druid06(m): 7:11pm On May 04, 2013
firetrap: This is the standard tar with grenade launcher attached

For Nigeria or the U.S army?
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by madridsta007(m): 7:11pm On May 04, 2013
I am struggling to see or hear the word 'PDP' or 'CAN' in the interview or the transcript.

Those Boko Haram sympathisers who claim they are PDP and CAN killers please help me confirm if you heard or saw the words CAN or PDP.

Smh.
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by firetrap(m): 7:11pm On May 04, 2013
This is a bushmaster bullpup rifle

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by firetrap(m): 7:13pm On May 04, 2013
druid06:

For Nigeria or the U.S army?

Israeli defence forces
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by druid06(m): 7:13pm On May 04, 2013
firetrap: This is a bushmaster bullpup rifle

Wow! what a beaut.
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by automaticcarzz: 7:13pm On May 04, 2013
madridsta007: I am struggling to see or hear the word 'PDP' or 'CAN' in the interview or the transcript.

Those Boko Haram sympathisers who claim they are PDP and CAN killers please help me confirm if you heard or saw the words CAN or PDP.

Smh.

I didn't hear or see Buhari either.

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by druid06(m): 7:14pm On May 04, 2013
firetrap:

Israeli defence forces

Oh ok.
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 04, 2013
druid06: The IWI US TSIDF16 Tavor SAR Bullpup Rifle is accurate but one thing people on NL should not forget that this assualt rifle is very expensive. I see some short coming with this rifle, it is shorter in length than your normal rifle therefore making it hard to hold. The little budget that goes to the Nigerian military should not all be spent on expensives ammo. For me I would go with the standard issue M16 assual rifles the official assual riffle for the U.S Marine. This rifle is fairly accurate, it can be switched to semi-automatic or full round fire. The picture below is the different variation of M16. You can see it instills fear in peoples mind. If them BOKO boys see them our army boys carry this rifle their with humvee mounted with M2 .50 caliber machine as depicted below. Them go surrender kon give their life to Christ.

You are correct. The tavor-21's, FN-F2000's and FN P-90 do not come cheap. Especially the FN family, Very expensive.

The thing is CQC requires varying degrees of assault weapons to carry out a mission with. You don't want to be on a mission with a rounds that bust through the wall, and kill innocent civilians. That is why the 7.62 mm AK 47 round is not ideal for special operations.

A Special forces soldier should have a round/ rifle that is , compact, accurate and light and able to eliminate his target without hurting an innocent child in the next room. That is were the Ctavor-21 or the FN F2000 and p-90 come in. It is not a lot to afford for our special forces units.

The army should have an AK-102 or a modified AK, with optic sights , fore grip and a plastic butt stock.

A 50 caliber or a 12.7 mm HMG would do just fine for overwhelming fire-power.
Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 04, 2013
Large Caliber Sniper Rifle Barret M82A1

bullets saw limbs from a distant of 1km. snipers need meteorology training to adjust for coriolis force when operating in high latitude regions.

my d1ck gets hard looking at this 12.7-mm hell fire

Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by firetrap(m): 7:16pm On May 04, 2013
This is a druganov bullpup rifle

1 Like

Re: Exclusive Interview With Captured Boko-Haram Terrorists; Beg FG For Amnesty by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 04, 2013
all of u that posted OPERATOR mode guns got my likes.

lets do this...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gbotemi, Dino Melaye's Daughter Celebrates Her 11th Birthday (Photos) / Meet Mrs Aisha Buhari Beautiful, Sound & Intelligent. PIX / Why Osinbajo Won't Become President Yet - BBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.