Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,003 members, 7,903,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 07:27 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307637 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 8:41am On Jun 12, 2008
femigirl:

Here the facts

here are the facts my friend who is the sponsoring(llet refer to her has B) is British, has a 35k plus job, own properties in the UK, has savings and bonds, etc,

she has a cousin( that is not bood related,long term famiy friend, grew up to together, there parents have know each other before their were born kind of thing)

the cousin- (let refer to has A), is 26 years old owns property in North, works in the entertainment industry in Nigeria , she is not married , wants to come to the UK for the first time for about a month. Her wages had been paid cash in hand and her current account has not been run correctly meaning she didn't awas put her wages in the bank

Can you appy for family visa if your not realated by blood or marriage?

what will be best way to proceed,how can B help A

Can can any of the other experts please help me patkai, siena, funkbaby
Now, you've stated your case clearer. You see, it's always good to write things clear to comprehension to avoid misunderstanding that would result to wrong answers.
When you stated that the sponsor receives 35k plus, you never mentioned that s/he is in the UK, and that made me believe that s/he is in Nigeria and receives a ridiculous 35k plus in Naira and yet wants to sponsor a visa applicant.
Now that you've given a light to the real thing, i expect the £35k plus is annual income, and this makes him more than capable to sponsor a visa applicant.
But still, the applicant is not eligible for a family visa since she has no evidence of family relationship with the inviting sponsor, yet however, she's good to apply for a visiting/tourist visa that should be supported with her sponsor's documents such as letter of invitation, prove of ocupation, bank statement showing six months transaction details, prove of residence with accommodation details for the applicant, also, the sponsor can draft an authenticated leter declaring that s/he will take full responsibilities of the applicant welfere and guaranty that the applicant will not over stay once in the UK nor resort to public funds.
The applicant in turn will have to produce prove that she has a responsibility to return home for: but however, in a situation whereby such proof is not available, the sponsor will have to go an extra step to be a guarantor.
Summary: with a sponsor who receives 35k plus british pounds, who has a good job to show for this and owns properties in the UK, the visa applicant may be covered.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lloydhill(m): 4:31pm On Jun 12, 2008
VCjustice thanks alot man.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Godislove: 8:55pm On Jun 12, 2008
Hello,

Please how can I start a new thread on this forum.
Thanks a lot.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by allabout(m): 6:03pm On Jun 15, 2008
Thanks for the message. well am new in this forum and how can i locate a link to post new
topics? How can i locate a link to post new topics?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by JCDejiM: 7:43am On Jun 16, 2008
@Every1 In D House

I Went To Ibadan Centre For My Application On Thursday,
Could You Believe My Wife Was Given Appeal,
Can Anyone Give Me Clue On How I Go About The Appeal Process,
On Reading The Form Filling Can't Really Comprehend,
Kindly Sort Tell Me Something,
And If You Have Any Trust Worthy Immigration Lawyer,
Send Me A Email dejiakamayor@yahoo.com
or Text 08067889283
1Luv
JC Deji Mayor
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by olubunmi80: 6:13pm On Jun 16, 2008
hi paribus and funky thanks for ur contributions on various thread regarding this uk travel thing. myisubmitted my application since 15h may and till now its not reday afriend of mine says that when they take this long u re likely to be given . ireally want to believe that please does it sound true? iits a student visa application .im just very anxious also my course stars 22 july . i feel like im running late . would really appreciate ur comments thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 7:47pm On Jun 16, 2008
olubunmi80:

hi paribus and funky thanks for your contributions on various thread regarding this uk travel thing. myisubmitted my application since 15h may and till now its not reday afriend of mine says that when they take this long u re likely to be given . ireally want to believe that please does it sound true? iits a student visa application .im just very anxious also my course stars 22 july . i feel like im running late . would really appreciate your comments thanks

The time frame it takes to get one's application from VAC is no basis to guess or suggest that the application will be successful or not.

Your school resumes 22nd July which is still about a month from now. There's still time. Relax, be optimistic, keep praying and hope for the best.

Also ensure that your mobile phone is always switched on and respond to all your calls. You never can tell - BHC might call you to come to their office for an interview.

Best of luck. smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by pharuk: 4:32pm On Jun 18, 2008
hi everyone, all protocols observed, pls i would be applying for a visa next month, BankPHB is sponsoring it or wld i say my mum took a loan from them since the bank is into education loan, am paying full tuition fee and accomodation for 40 weeks, is there anything paramount i shld add to make it a sucess story?
help!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by folajide(f): 5:01pm On Jun 18, 2008
please what is the minimum balance one can have in his/her account for some that work in an insurance company
for a visit visa.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by princeuk(m): 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2008
[b]FELLOWS, I SHOULD BE APPLYING FOR UK STUDENT VISA BY NEXT WEEK, MY DAD IS MY SPONSOR,BUT AM CONFUSED ABOUT ONE THING, MY DADS SALARY IS PAID CASH AND DOES NOT REFLECT IN HIS STATEMENT BECAUSE HE INVESTS IN STOCK WITH THEM ESPECIALLY WHEN HE IS PAID AND HE BUYS AND SELLS LAND,HE DO THIS AS A BUSINESS. IS THE ECO SUPPOSED TO SEE THE MONEY REFLECT IN HIS ACCOUNT MONTHLY,FOR NOW HE IS HAVING ABOUT 20M IN HIS ACCOUNT WHICH HE GOT FROM SOME OF HIS SOLD STOCK AND HE HAS PAID MY FULL SCHOOL FEES IN THE UK,FIXED A SUM OF 2M FOR ME IN THE BANK, PLEASE WHAT DO YOU THINK BECAUSE I HAVE THE BELIEVE THAT MY APPLICATION WILL BE SUCCESSFUL.
PLEASE I NEED ANSWERS
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sureng: 11:13am On Jun 19, 2008
oh my frnds, my luvn kind nigerians, thnks fr all your helpppp,
really thnks, i gave lods of trouble fr u all,
NOW I AM IN LONDON, CAME LAST WEEK, SORRY FR THE LATE REPLYi was busyyyy
went to college yesterday.changed my course to BCS software engineering,
i got 2 years visa, bt thz course is 3 and half years,
thnks fr all your helpp,
especially funkybabyyy,pataki an dakolowole lol
thnks again,
i love thzx country, its kooool
white chicks, omg i avent seen chicks like thz before,
thnk u again, love u all
i want to send sm choco fr ma funky, cn u send your address to mail address funky??
suren555@hotmail.com
thnks again
im going to miss u all guys
love u so mucch
babye
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 3:10pm On Jun 19, 2008
@Princeuk
Hence the account is not a salary account there are no issues.
Most importantly , with the kind of balance you just mentioned there is need to show origin/source of funds to the ECO.
The origin of funds of your father will be a detreminant in these case application, so you have to be very sure and show the sources of his income.

All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ksly: 12:39am On Jun 20, 2008
Great thanks to the good people of nigeria for this free,wonderful forum.Please,i need your candid advise on these my student visa issues;
1.My in-law,who is my sponsor,has paid my half tuition fee(6900p out of 13800p)provided me with sponsorship letter with his company letterhead paper,original certificate of incoporation,statement of account with 10.5m balance,evidence of source of funds(shell contract work completion certificates),tax clearance certificate,affidavit of support from notary public,coloured copy of the biodata page of his international passport but vehemently refused to give me his original property papers(Certificates of Ownership).Should i collect a coloured copy of the C of O or forget about them totally?
2.I finished nysc jan 2007 and has been living and working for this my in-law casually knowing fully well that he will sponsor my msc abroad.Should i fill to be unemployed(since after my nysc) or should i claim to be employed under his company(providing employment letter,id card,but i do not have a well serviced account infact no money has been deposited in my savings account for the past 6months).Please,my kind and brilliant people of nairaland,i need your candid advice.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 1:51am On Jun 20, 2008
JCDeji.M:

@Every1 In D House

I Went To Ibadan Centre For My Application On Thursday,
Could You Believe My Wife Was Given Appeal,
Can Anyone Give Me Clue On How I Go About The Appeal Process,
On Reading The Form Filling Can't Really Comprehend,
Kindly Sort Tell Me Something,
And If You Have Any Trust Worthy Immigration Lawyer,
Send Me A Email dejiakamayor@yahoo.com
or Text 08067889283
1Luv
JC Deji Mayor

I sympathise with you for your visa refusal. Bus as for the appeal: there's absolutely no need to employ a lawyer knowing fully well that even a Lawyer neither enjoys any immunity nor preferential treatment when it comes to visa matter. Remember that a visa is not your legal right, but a privilege. So, an appeal is an occasion giving you the opportunity to prove yourself worthy of such privilege.
I know that in the appeal form, you're asked if someone is going to represent you; that's because the BHC expects the possibility of a sponsor (if any, especially one of British citizen) to take up a legal challenge on your behalf. But in your case, i don't see any need for a paid lawyer because, you're not entitled to any legal rights, but privilege.
But going for appeal might be too long a process, especially as the visa you sought is for a specific duration and purpose which might become invalid by the time your appeal is due.
I suggest rectification of error(s) and reapplying, but if you can't do any better, then, keep your struggle for a future date when you'd be better prepared.
However, if i may ask; on what ground were you refused the visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by timx(m): 8:25am On Jun 20, 2008
@Vicjustice, @ funkybaby, nairalanders

I just want to ask a question. Is it wrong for one to use a company account for a visa application? Some people have told me that it i can while others said it wont work. The company is owned by my father and i have proof to show for that and he is the sole signatory to the account. Please i need info on this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 9:27am On Jun 20, 2008
timx:

I just want to ask a question. Is it wrong for one to use a company account for a visa application? Some people have told me that it i can while others said it wont work. The company is owned by my father and i have proof to show for that and he is the sole signatory to the account. Please i need info on this.

With due respect to your personality and regards to you inquiry, i advise that you google your search out from the google link provided below. This question must have been addressed a million times.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lawkey(m): 10:11am On Jun 20, 2008
what is the name of the site where i can fill uk visa form online. i heard about it , please assist
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 10:17am On Jun 20, 2008
timx:

Timx
We've tackled this issue so many times. Its a fifty-fifty chance. The ECO might raise no issues on it and he just might. Personally, i prefer personal accounts. Reason why i have asked you so many times the sum total of your parents' personal account balances.  You do not necessary have to use a company account with millions or billions of naira. Well run personal accounts with a few millions- say three or even less, combined with shares, property, etc will do.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 10:20am On Jun 20, 2008
folajide:

please what is the minimum balance one can have in his/her account for some that work in an insurance company
for a visit visa.

Five hundred thousand naira or slightly higher will do provided you state go your form that it is just a two weeks holiday, you will be accommodated by your sponsor and you are travelling alone (no dependants)
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 10:31am On Jun 20, 2008
ksly:

Great thanks to the good people of nigeria for this free,wonderful forum.Please,i need your candid advise on these my student visa issues;
1.My in-law,who is my sponsor,has paid my half tuition fee(6900p out of 13800p)provided me with sponsorship letter with his company letterhead paper,original certificate of incoporation,statement of account with 10.5m balance,evidence of source of funds(shell contract work completion certificates),tax clearance certificate,affidavit of support from notary public,coloured copy of the biodata page of his international passport but vehemently refused to give me his original property papers(Certificates of Ownership).Should i collect a coloured copy of the C of O or forget about them totally?
2.I finished nysc jan 2007 and has been living and working for this my in-law casually knowing fully well that he will sponsor my msc abroad.Should i fill to be unemployed(since after my nysc) or should i claim to be employed under his company(providing employment letter,id card,but i do not have a well serviced account infact no money has been deposited in my savings account for the past 6months).Please,my kind and brilliant people of nairaland,i need your candid advice.

Lol. What do you need the man's original C of O for? Assuming it gets missing ? BHC and VFS could be really careless sometimes. In my opinion, for an in-law to give you all the things you have listed, -he is a good man. Clear colour Photocopy of the C of O will do.

Regarding your employment/bank statement issue, that is kinda tricky. Saying you've been unemployed since last year wont really help. Personally, i will just state that i have been working with my in-law and have my in-law state in his letter that you are a good kid, hardworking, blah blah and he is sponsoring your Masters as a 'token' of his appreciation for adding value to his organisation. Lol. Also have it included that you will be coming back to work in your in-law's organisation in naija (and possibly start yours) once you are done with your masters.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by CYBERMIST(m): 10:42am On Jun 20, 2008
G day , please can anyone please tell me where i can get the UK Visa application site?
i was told that it is now done online

thanks CYBERMIST
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 10:54am On Jun 20, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 10:57am On Jun 20, 2008
Vicjustice:

Yes, i can: The online UK visa application method has been activated, you can now apply for the visa online, visit this site and apply for it:
http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/AppProcess/s_ApplicationSecurity.aspx?check=true

Yes, i can: The online UK visa application method has been activated, you can now apply for the visa online, visit this site and apply for it:
http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx
https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/AppProcess/s_ApplicationSecurity.aspx?check=true
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 11:07am On Jun 20, 2008
@viviko

Does it apply to Nigeria? Does it really work in Naija? If it really does, why is it people are always so many at VFS's offices. You say naija's system dey always get 'k-leg'. With all the money VFS makes off each applicant, they cannot send ordinary 15naira text message informing an applicant that his or her application is ready for collection.

vikiviko:

@cybermist

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by CYBERMIST(m): 11:21am On Jun 20, 2008
@Vicjustice

Is this good for nigerians?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by princeuk(m): 8:23pm On Jun 20, 2008
The money in my dads account he accounted for them all. So there is no problem with that again, i just need prayer to back it up,thank u VI, for your reply, I Know God will really do it for me.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by viglen: 9:12am On Jun 21, 2008
Hello Folks,

My father is my sponsor, with two of his personal savings accounts showing a balance of about 6m, of course the two accounts are well run, I will go for Safety Eng @ Aberdeen Uni, (I studied a related course, I also belong to the professional body, I have their certificates), I am also submitting property report, his confirmation letter as the MD, there's no pay slip, they are currently working on his TCC (Tax clearance). I will pay about 4000 pounds out of 11250

I went there last yr and was refused b/c i did not produce my dad's statement, I only submitted my uncle's which unfortunately did not have enough funds at the time, now I am going for a different course (though somehow related to that of last yr) and a different school, what do you guys think of my chances?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by paribus(m): 1:09pm On Jun 21, 2008
I've seen this come up quite often. Income without payslips or tax clearance.  I think it might actually make sense to direct an email enquiry to the British High Commission in Nigerian to get a definitive response. I think if well worded, you might get a good response. At least that would clarify all the gray areas on this. Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by princeuk(m): 2:56pm On Jun 21, 2008
paribus, thanks for the help you re rendering to us here, No much transaction was going on in my dads account because he loved investing and buying and selling of lands he does this as a business,so the account was kind of empty until end of April, may and this month of june,he sold some of his shares and paid my full school fees,accommodation,feeding for a year, and he put the sum of 2mill in a fixed account for me,now his having about 4 mill in his account,things he intend to forward to the BHC, Pay slip, land sold between 2007 and 2008 receipts,letter from employer, fixed deposit receipt, Cscs statement of remaining shares and Landed Properties, I will saty with a host family provided by the school, And i am going for a foundation program first @ EF Brittin college which is promising a direct entry into any university of my choice, What do you think about the the statement hope its no problem, Above all I still put God Almighty First, Plz reply me,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by princeuk(m): 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2008
paribus,Before i forget i should be submitting my application by next week,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Vicjustice: 4:31pm On Jun 21, 2008
princeuk:

paribus, thanks for the help you re rendering to us here, No much transaction was going on in my dads account because he loved investing and buying and selling of lands he does this as a business,so the account was kind of empty until end of April, may and this month of june,he sold some of his shares and paid my full school fees,accommodation,feeding for a year, and he put the sum of 2mill in a fixed account for me,now his having about 4 mill in his account,things he intend to forward to the BHC, Pay slip, land sold between 2007 and 2008 receipts,letter from employer, fixed deposit receipt, Cscs statement of remaining shares and Landed Properties, I will saty with a host family provided by the school, And i am going for a foundation program first @ EF Brittin college which is promising a direct entry into any university of my choice, What do you think about the the statement hope its no problem, Above all I still put God Almighty First, Please reply me,
   This is well explained to our comprehension, but to the ECO (Entry Clearance Officer), i'm afraid your Dad's account has evidence of isolation and then, money lodgment which are more than enough reasons for visa refusal. The kind of accounts that are acceptable/credible are the ones with transparent activities reflecting (at lease) six months transactions: AN ACCOUNT THAT HAS BEEN LEFT EMPTY FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS AND THEN, RESURRECTED JUST AT THE DAWN OF VISA APPLICATION DOESN'T LOOK GOOD sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by princeuk(m): 4:46pm On Jun 21, 2008
It was not really abandoned but the money going in and coming out where not too much, it was in the range of 500k,200k etc, and he also accounted for the money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.