Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,872 members, 7,980,043 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 01:14 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (309396 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 11:32pm On Jul 14, 2008
any whichway, that screeshot is from her site,Man nah wa oh  these britico them mean Biz, once the system come up back and running you would find out they have ammended something and introduced a new policy, look what happen with fingerprinting for all VISA applying persons. do you know they increased  all VISA fess by 49%
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chinesedoll(f): 11:33pm On Jul 14, 2008
am waitin patiently 2 see wat their new invention wld be
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 11:36pm On Jul 14, 2008
chinesedoll:

am waitin patiently 2 see what their new invention would be

I think they want to impliment this planned procidure where by if you get diported you have to wait 5 years to re apply to enter if you got no criminal convictions but if you do its 10 years
and if you go home at your own will it will take one year to re apply even if you get britico when come marry you there self, you no see setlement VISA priceN130K these guys wan kill person oh!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by femigirl(f): 11:39pm On Jul 14, 2008
look people,i say  this  again  when i   logging into  the  site  http://www.ukvac-ng.com/, i  get  about 4-5  big  pop up  boxes,i will cut  and  paste  some  of them  here

http://www.ukvac-ng.com/popup14thjuly2008.html

http://www.ukvac-ng.com/highcommision.html

erico2k2, I  am aware of  the stament  that  was  issued on the  9th Julyt hat  why  I  went  to  the  website  to see if  there  was any  update.

Nigerians show some  love.I  will call the  comissioner office tomorrow  for  a update. Good night
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chinesedoll(f): 11:40pm On Jul 14, 2008
dis Britico are goin nuts
i no blame dem
no be becos o d way naija be
if not u tink say people 4 dey struggle 2 get their visa

settlement visa fee 130k
u no see as our naija brodas dey stranded here
nobody won go home go marry again
anyway na dem sabi
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chinesedoll(f): 11:43pm On Jul 14, 2008
my question is why is dat news no longer on the site
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 11:45pm On Jul 14, 2008
Man its a serious situation sote guys dey carry mama go meet thier mama to marry back home leave KOKOLETs here eh grin grin all in the name of kpali, we for SE london dey wait oh, if U see two dud sit for one place nah the matter dem dey talk about lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 11:46pm On Jul 14, 2008
chinesedoll:

my question is why is that news  no longer on the site
what site, you mean theBHC in Nigeria's site?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chinesedoll(f): 11:48pm On Jul 14, 2008
my dear i understand d situation
d tin no easy now
nobody won risk am go back
especially dose pple wey no get kpalli
anyhow e go beta

erico2k2:

Man its a serious situation sote guys dey carry mama go meet their mama to marry back home leave KOKOLETs here eh grin grin all in the name of kpali, we for SE london dey wait oh, if You see two dud sit for one place nah the matter them dey talk about lol

lmao grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 11:50pm On Jul 14, 2008
fimigirl I just realised you dont know the VISA are only issued in Abuja and Lagos,these are theHigh comission and the Deputy High commissions, others are just application centres set up to enhance the fingerprinting and digital registration process.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chinesedoll(f): 11:51pm On Jul 14, 2008
erico2k2:

what site, you mean theBHC in Nigeria's site?

yes

dis is d news i see there

http://www.britishhighcommission.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1101399480413&a=KArticle&aid=1142271416695

abi my lappy don dey deceive me undecided undecided undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 11:53pm On Jul 14, 2008
No check this site from the BHC Nigeria. their main homepage.thats where you get the news straight from the highcomissioner himself.
http://www.britishhighcommission.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1101399480413&a=KArticle&aid=1142271416695
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 11:54pm On Jul 14, 2008
My sister nah wah shortly after I past am, E disapear ah femigirl wetin you do,? shey, I dey fear una lol
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 11:56pm On Jul 14, 2008
nah its there, link expired, check this one and click on the newest news update
http://www.britishhighcommission.gov.uk
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chinesedoll(f): 11:58pm On Jul 14, 2008
same tin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 12:01am On Jul 15, 2008
true, I tire oh
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 12:51am On Jul 15, 2008
chinesedoll:

Thanx
but am talkin about the visa application

My bad. cool

You are allowed to apply at least one month, but not more than six months, before coming to the UK.

erico2k2:

femigirl, why ont you copy and past the whole link eh, like the one I posted, its not wether you are sponsoring the whole Nigeria or not, that got nothing to do with anything, this is where we can give correct info, check the link I pasted from the site you gave and inteprete it please, tell me wher it says the rest are open Ok, mayB we get colour blindness or being  slow tonight Ibeg
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/aboutus/newsroom/?view=News&id=4119836
that link is from your site click on it and explain for others please

Femigirl talk say she fin one kain information for ukvac-ng.com/highcommision website, erico tell am him no see the information for ukvisas website, na hin chinesedoll too come follow talk say she no see the information for britishhighcommision.gov website.

Both you (multinational local champion) and chinesedoll, no dey only colourblind and slow, both of you don kolo and mara for long time, you just never sabi am. grin

But e fit be say, the update Femigirl posted was issued before the 9th of July one that erico posted, since hers did not have a date. undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2008
there ain't no point to be dismissive,why don't you go to the BHC in Nigeria's website and click on the latest news and updates and see what it says,its not as if I'm applying for VISA or need to do 4 anyone but go to the website and read your own meaning to what was said, stop quoting people, air your own opinion, might be usefull to others
btw, we where not dismissive to femigirl, she only aired her own understanding from that site, so we all cool like that
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by opmoore(m): 4:41pm On Jul 15, 2008
Help needed in the house,

You are free to call at our office We acknowledge receipt of your email dated , You are free to come for your Notice of Decision and international pasport n any working day between 7.30am to 12.00 noon. Kindly request for thecustomer service unit on arrival.

Above is the mail sent to me from the embassy when i request for my passport after submitting my document when called after wining my appeal and the date they told me to come has passed as when i get there they said my docs are not ready.
My question is what do they mean by NOTICE OF DECISION after wining my appeal.
Note;I have no change in cicircumstances
expecting the house response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by duksyjay: 8:48am On Jul 16, 2008
Hi everyone

On this UK visa tingy,i wanna knw if it does or not affecting pple going for a masters degree cos in there info it was stated that there would be visa services for long term students.

Hope to get a reply from u guys soon.

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 10:03am On Jul 16, 2008
duksyjay:

Hi everyone

On this UK visa tingy,i want to knw if it does or not affecting people going for a masters degree because in there info it was stated that there would be visa services for long term students.

Hope to get a reply from u guys soon.

Cheers
My friend Long term=Long term, full university degree not 1 or 2 years program
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by duksyjay: 11:00am On Jul 16, 2008
so erico2k2 you saying peeps going for a masters degree are also affected.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 11:25am On Jul 16, 2008
duksyjay:

so erico2k2 you saying peeps going for a masters degree are also affected.
Yes for now cos its short term.But you know you can actually ring the BHC where you are and hear it from the horse's mouth to clear you mind, you get me, and if you do Plz post the outcome here for others to see.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bomata: 12:44pm On Jul 16, 2008
I dont think they are affected 'cos one of my friend went to ikeja visa centre yesterday to submit her application for P.GD, and her application was collected ,she said she only noticed that the place was not crowded at all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 1:47pm On Jul 16, 2008
@erico2k2,
Please stop misleading people. Short term is 6months or less! A masters programme clearly does not fall into the short-term category.
Get your facts right so you dont misinform people any further, CAPISE!

Any course longer than 6months is regard as LONG TERM
"A new Student Visitor category was introduced for short term students who wish to study in the UK for six months or less but who do not wish to take part-time employment or seek an extension to their student visitor leave; visitors are no longer allowed to enter the UK to undertake a course of study";
source: www.ukvisas.gov.uk

@duksyjay,
ignore erico2k2, short term doesnt affect MASTERS PROGRAM, effectively a masters program is LONG TERM.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 2:24pm On Jul 16, 2008
IncaGold:

@erico2k2,
Please stop misleading people. Short term is 6months or less! A masters programme clearly does not fall into the short-term category.
Get your facts right so you don't misinform people any further, CAPISE!

Any course longer than 6months is regard as LONG TERM
"A new Student Visitor category was introduced for short term students who wish to study in the UK for six months or less but who do not wish to take part-time employment or seek an extension to their student visitor leave; visitors are no longer allowed to enter the UK to undertake a course of study";
source: www.ukvisas.gov.uk

@duksyjay,
ignore erico2k2, short term doesnt affect MASTERS PROGRAM, effectively a masters program is LONG TERM.
Hey my guy, why cant you just contribute without being dismissive?, I was only saying waht I think is right and if you bother to read all I said to that guy, you would notice I also advised him to ring the BMC instead basing his next line of action on advice from here and he should let us know what they said,An FYI, you are telling me anything more than 6 months is a long term study abi? did you or are you studying here in the UK?I advice you to pick one of the Uni bronchurs and see what they class as long term and short term degree courses OK!I might be wrong but just check.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 2:49pm On Jul 16, 2008
@erico2k2,
Mr Man, I wasnt dismissive rather you sounded like you were 100% sure of what you were talking about! I quote you "Longterm=Longterm full university degree not 1 or 2 years program". Your words mate!!!
I dont need to have studied in the UK to know what a short-term or long-term program is. In fact short-term courses are non-degree programs (neither undergrad or post grad program). Capise?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by femigirl(f): 6:05pm On Jul 16, 2008
Can we all just get along grin

peace and love xxxxxxxxxxx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by duksyjay: 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2008
after i got ur msg erico2k2 i was wonderin aswell cos i knew it shuldnt affect pple going for masters so to get my facts right i had to go to their office at oregun and i was told that it doesnt affect.

tanx mate
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 7:52pm On Jul 16, 2008
duksyjay:

after i got your msg erico2k2 i was wonderin aswell because i knew it shuldnt affect people going for masters so to get my facts right i had to go to their office at oregun and i was told that it doesnt affect.

thanks mate
Nice one brov, that info is priceless.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by duksyjay: 7:56pm On Jul 16, 2008
u rite femigirl
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by duksyjay: 7:59pm On Jul 16, 2008
no probs mate,so which of u dude is going for masters.holla

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (145)

Lithuania Student Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.