Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,165 members, 7,903,854 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 10:26 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307661 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by lloydhill(m): 12:53am On Oct 07, 2008
Hi all,i should have posted long time ago but i'm really busy here.Advice for all who want to come for master better get ready to read ooo!!!.to all the masters on this thread, thanks alot for your advices you gave to us then, thanks alot
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 8:14am On Oct 07, 2008
@Funky Baby

If vikiviko had told me that there was a risk involved with the doc,i tell u i wouldnt have touched it with a long pole.Of all the documents i could have forged why would i then have forged a tax clearance??the bank statements, my sch cert ,WEAC,birth cert,etc were all genuine.If i had known that i didnt need my mum's tax clearance i wouldnt have bothered to get one at all not to talk of a fake one.

Someone also told me about reapplying but i want to know what's up first.

As for my folks the rest is left for you thoughts,BIG SOUP.

I didnt tell them i met him on the net oo,if not that one na disowning straight.i said a friend told me about him(which is half try anyway).

@Akolawole

please advice me,i think we should just conclude that the doc is fake,because the way vikiviki is going about it shows withoout any doubt that it is.

What is the way forward now??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by paribus(m): 9:27am On Oct 07, 2008
@Funky
Not sure if FIRS is verifiable online. I don't think it is yet.

Really I think Viviko has been latching on to your leading questions to provide some tenable explanations (waiting to gauge reactions and suggestions of respondents before commenting):

F: "Did you underdeclare the income at the tax office"   V: "I overdeclared her income at Alausa"

@Presjany
It was good you saw through this in the first place, you might have been singing a different tune as well now.

Viviko :

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process
« #2205 on: September 13, 2008, 09:57 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Presjany

Let me help you with a sponsor.
contact me

Presjany :

Re: Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process
« #2209 on: September 13, 2008, 11:37 AM »

@ Viviko!

Thanks for the offer, but am not interested  because no be me and U go serve the 10 years ban when the time comes   See no evil! Touch no evil

Only if every potential victims could see things this way. Now Viviko is resting easy wherever he is without any stress while Yettidear is bearing the full impact of the whole issue. As ty4real has pointed out, only if people know that the only thing these visa agents have in mind is the money coming to them. They don't care about your reputation, they don't care about your future at stake, to them it's just another buck rolling in - and if it works out for the customer, fine - more credence to them, and if it doesn't, they simply learn from your mistakes and moves on to the next customer - no risk to them at all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pataki: 9:43am On Oct 07, 2008
@ yettidear,

The issue here is with you. You consulted vikiviko outside the forum for a TC because time was running out on your application, without letting anyone on the forum know about it. When your application was refused, you DID NOT come on the forum to say the intricacies involved with your refusal, rather your pointer was to thank vikiviko for his help stating that he knows why. Another third party whom you told, came on the forum to expressly point out this anomaly and thereon you came out to talk also. Vikiviko initially came on the forum as well to talk as a third party to your case, pretending as if he was oblivious to why you had been refused. IS SOMETHING NOT FISHY HERE?

Personally for me, an appeal is out of the question. Just forget about it. I have once written an appeal based on forged documents and it was outrightly DISALLOWED. I knew it was going to be disallowed, I just went along with the flow. Afterall na my money dey count. grin People will never want to swallow the truth even if it is the best medicine for their headache. sad

Now what is the best way out:
[list]
[li]a. Re-apply[/li]
[li]b. Forget about the UK and think of somewhere else[/li] [/list]

With option (a) you can either re-apply now, if you have a cogent and valid reason to negate the false document already ascribed to your file. I can think of one, just as Akolawole has something in mind also. However it is a 50-50 chance of it ever working out. You can also wait till next year for your Masters program in the UK. As I earlier stated on your case, it is best in my own view, to wait till next year.

With option (b) you think of somewhere else. Canada is one of the best places at the moment to go study with easy migration into their system thereafter. The UK is not the end of the world, and there are other countries around the world with world class standard of living and education and easy migration into their system. Australia, New Zealand, some EU countries etc
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 1:55pm On Oct 07, 2008
Holy toledo shocked shocked shocked Whatagwan here shocked shocked shocked

Why am I always missing in action whenever their is something juicy going on angry

Anyway, would deffo be back to flaunt the new English language skills I learnt from Dnative, need to take care of some more pressing bidness for now cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tjadeba(m): 4:39pm On Oct 07, 2008
i just beleive the issue here is not about vikiviko saying anything again ON THE matter.the truth and fact of the matter is that the TC is not genuine.with the little i know about tax matters, the FIRS doesnt issue personal income tax clearance.They only issue tax clearance to companies registered as limited liability companies (i stand to be corrected).

The LIRS (Lagos) is the body responsible for personal income tax.so the issuer go it all wrong from the word go!
What matters now is how yetti should go about her case (appeal or re-apply), although its good and important to get to the root of the matter so that we can all learn from this costly mistake.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 4:42pm On Oct 07, 2008
Stealthy:

Do u guys know & understand the Nigerian tax laws at all? U can't get a tax clearance certificate unless u've actually paid the tax. Viviko couldn't have got Yettidear a genuine & legally valid tax clearance without her mum's tax payment details. This thing smells of illegality whichever way I look at it, unless there's something new I don't know. . .

Ouch angry softly, softly now tongue

@ Inspector gadget Paribus

Where are you going with your investigation? It is clearly obvious you have a vendetta against Vivikoko, so why don't you hook up with Royalboy and carry yourself over to the grievance and rants section to sort it out, in your bid to clear Nigeria of corrupt tax officers at FIRS and the Lagos State tax office, who issue falsified documents for a fee, and the likes of Vivikoko, and the OP's parent who are clearly getting away with not paying tax, and the OP for patronising outside third-party to secure genuine document and whomever else you might take a fancy to undecided

Whilst you are at it, here are some hypothetical mullings for you and your crew to chew over, whilst you gather the necessary paperwork needed for EFCC to apprehend him.

1) The only reason the ECOs found out was because they discovered that no tax was paid by cross-referencing the receipts produced by the OP, with the tax office records. The reference number on the tax form declared did not correspond with the file number in the books. Is this solely the fault of Vivikoko? Isn't the dodgy tax office to blame in this scenario as well as the OP, who has humbly and admirably put her hands up?

2) If you go to Oluwole sorry for the analogy Viv to procure genje documents and shit hit the fan, what recourse do you expect to happen? How do you go about haraunging them to fess up and explain what happened?

3) If you employ the services of Oluwole to help you procure a tax declaration document, and you wrongly give them the balance of the account, as opposed to the annual income for the relevant tax year, is the Oluwole solely to blame?

4) Following no 2 above, was it Oluwole that handed in the package to the visa section? If not, wasn't the OP privy to the fact that the wrong figure had been written in the tax form since they handed in the form themselves?

5) What is the probability of the ECO's response being different, had the OP done everything themself and then wrongly declared the balance of the account as opposed to the annual income?

6) If the parent of the OP had correctly paid tax due at source, would there be a need to contact Oluwole?

7) If the OP had used her dad's details to apply for the tax stuff herself with a bribefee of course, would this have been morally right? Ehn moral police officer who wants to rid nairaland of immoral Vivikoko?

Why do you wanna loose sleep over an ole gba, ole gbe riddle? Why don't you instead channel your wrath at the bent establishment that allows people to cut corners and take shortcut and pay bribe which is not declared in the books, and instead pocketed by the greedy corrupt tax office staffs. I once handled an appeal whereby the annual income was N28,000,000 and the tax paid according to the tax office receipt was N1,000 shocked, this paperwork was tendered before the ECO's and the visa was issued. Why can't people move on and accept that things happen for a reason? Everybody knows the score so why is there a need to drag this thing over and over and over again undecided 

All the OP needs, and is asking for is help to move on
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Sammy79(m): 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2008
@Londoncool,

A pyschoanalysis of how the "white" people work shows that they don't like being told how to do their job or being asked to speed up a process where they have the absolute responsibility. Hence, there is nothing more you can do to prompt the BHC to issue your Entry Clearance than to wait patiently.You have already overcome the hard part, so just wait.

You remember the proverb of the Tortoise who spent 2 weeks at the bottom of a pit laterine? When someone came to tell him that help was on the way after spending 2 weeks in the pit he said "Please come and take me out of here quickly, I can not stand the smell here any longer".

Thank's for the reply above.

I am still quite worried that since the last advice from the forum ( over 1 month ago), I haven't been called upon by the BDHC, the appeal promulgation July 4th, 2008 and they confirmed to have recieved the determination in a reply email to me on the 19th August,2008.

Please any further advice will be appreciated.

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by paribus(m): 5:22pm On Oct 07, 2008
@BB

Your observations are noted. There's no vendetta with anyone. I have no more to say on this matter

quantum in me fuit

Regards
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 5:31pm On Oct 07, 2008
@Paribus

Phew, thanks for not flaming me. kiss

Chei, which one you people dey now undecided someone just told me ibu onye okwu na uka, and I am tearing my hair out trying to find the meaning, and here you are with your own quantum in your foot  cry
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Stealthy(m): 6:13pm On Oct 07, 2008

Do u guys know & understand the Nigerian tax laws at all? U can't get a tax clearance certificate unless u've actually paid the tax. Viviko couldn't have got Yettidear a genuine & legally valid tax clearance without her mum's tax payment details. This thing smells of illegality whichever way I look at it, unless there's something new I don't know. . .

Busy_body:

Ouch angry softly, softly now tongue
LOL! What I can I say? Peeps just didnt seem to realize that the docs are fake & were talking about waiting for Vikiviko's side of the story, blah,blah,

please advice me,i think we should just conclude that the doc is fake,because the way vikiviki is going about it shows withoout any doubt that it is.

What is the way forward now??

As I've said before, I think u need some time to gather ur thoughts & evaluate ur options. Like some other pple have said, u can wait till next yr & also check schools in other countries (Canada, US, etc). I still think UK is worth a 2nd try next yr (if u're really keen on it) since they didnt give u a ban this time. However, u're prob better of applying afresh to other countries & trying for a UK visit visa when u have another 1st world country visa on ur passport.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vvvjustice: 6:40pm On Oct 07, 2008
Please, lets not let this matter consume all other matters, lets forget about who shot the Sherriff or who spare the Deputy, the deed has been long done, and both Vikiviko and Yettidear are guilty as charged.
   Anyway, if you'D re-apply for the visa in the future, i'D suggest that you rather apply for it now that the case is fresh. Applying after a long time would seem to the visa officers that you deliberately used that fake TC and that it took you such a long time to get prepared, and that would mean incredibility, where-as, if you apply instantly with a genuine TC, s/he might see reasons with you that the former was an error.
   So, dear Yettidear, i'D suggest that you re-apply for the visa with a supporting letter to address the issue of the tax cert and declare your innocence. This letter should be in this format:

TO THE VISA OFFICER ***********
                          A SUPPORTING LETTER FOR MY STUDENT VISA APPLICATION

Ref: GWF*********
                                                                                                                       Date**/**/****
Dear Sir/Madam
   Sequel to my previous visa application with ref GWF********* which was refused in this office on **/**/****, i wish to use this means to convey my perspective regarding the phenomenon surrounding the tax certificate document which i presented in support of same.
   I have gone through the refusal letter and have taken time to investigate the mystery surrounding the tax clearance certificate in question, and my findings have made me arrived at a conclusion as i realise and acknowledge that the decision to refuse me the well deserved visa was fair and flawless.
   Though i accept the responsibility of the error, but however, i can arguably say that i am innocent of the act since i was ignorant and naive to have fallen a victim of some unscrupulous touts posing as genuine staff at the tax office. Now, according to your official definition of "false" document as categorised in the refusal letter; it may be correct to say that i presented a "false" tax certificate, but it would be absolutely wrong to think that my intention was deceitful because, i am a genuine applicant who would not have consciously touched anything that would jeopardise my credibility since i have genuine purposes and genuine back-ups.
   Dear Sir/Madam, having observed all these as a person really needing no information on the situation of things in our society, i hereby implore you to empathise with me with the understanding that a visa applicant who presented all sorts of reasonable hard ducements in their original and genuine states will definitely not ruin her chance of success by including a fake one in the form of an ordinary tax certificate: However, i render my apology for the incident.
   This visa is essential to me, and the purpose remains valid, therefore, i am making a re-application with the understanding that the former error will not be visited on this rectified application. I am hereby requesting with every emphasis at my command that this fresh application should indeed be treated in its own merit as said.
   Thank you for your time, i appreciate your understanding as i anticipate a positive outcome through your efficient assessment and judgement
                                                                                          Yours
                                                                                       Former Fake (ms)

1 Like

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by japanista: 6:46pm On Oct 07, 2008
@ busybody

no need to tear your hair out. ibu onye okwu na uka means you're a trouble maker so i guess you have to sort that one out with the person then.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by agaba123(m): 6:52pm On Oct 07, 2008
japanista:

@ busybody

no need to tear your hair out. ibu onye okwu na uka means you're a trouble maker so i guess you have to sort that one out with the person then.
lies grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 6:57pm On Oct 07, 2008
japanista:

@ busybody

Quit hating angry Agaba already told me the meaning, it means I am an intelligent woman cheesy my, my, my, aren't you d jealous type cheesy grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 6:58pm On Oct 07, 2008
agaba123:

lies grin

Can you stop derailing the thread angry tongue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by agaba123(m): 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2008
Busy_body:

Quit hating angry Agaba already told me the meaning, it means I am an intelligent woman cheesy my, my, my, aren't you d jealous type cheesy grin

good girl
Busy_body:

Can you stop derailing the thread angry tongue
Naa
not derailing nothing, we are not in a train are we?

@topic
Anyway visa problems na wa ooo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by japanista: 7:23pm On Oct 07, 2008
@ busybody

lol. he really told u that? and u think am hating? sorry for butting in, chek with soneone else who understands the language then.

ok, back to the visa concerns of the thread
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 7:37pm On Oct 07, 2008
japanista:

@ busybody

lol. he really told u that? and u think am hating? sorry for butting in, chek with soneone else who understands the language then.

ok, back to the visa concerns of the thread

Sorry I never meant it to come out that way tongue

It's just that I have accepted that someone has to come last in class and if it always has to be me, so be it cool Now someone paid me a compliment that I was intelligent and I have already printed out several copies of the statement and pasted it on my wall and sent some to my previous teachers who told me  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

What do you expect, my head has been inflated like a balloon since, and I am walking on air, so I don't appreciate you trying to burst my bubble and rain on my parade  angry cry cheesy It's alright to be jealous once in a while, I understand wink Don't worry, your own turn would soon come for someone to come and pay you a compliment grin grin grin

Now back to the visa concerns at hand.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 12:17am On Oct 08, 2008
@Vicjustice

Thanks for your epistle.

You are bookish like VOR. grin

Do you know that the problem with Lagos beer palour Visa agents WILL forever remain the interpretation of UK Immigration rules?

vvvjustice:

he might see reason with you that the former was an error.

as i realise and acknowledge that the decision to refuse me the well deserved visa was fair and flawless.

### i can arguably say that i am innocent of t[b]he act since i was ignorant and naive to have fallen a victim of some unscrupulous touts posing as genuine staff at the tax office[/b]. ####

Now, according to your official definition of "fake" as categorised in the refusal letter; it may be correct to say that i presented a "fake" tax certificate, but it would be absolutely wrong to think that my intention was deceitful because, i am a genuine applicant who would not have consciously touched anything that would jeopardise my credibility since i have genuine purposes and genuine back-ups.

in the form of an ordinary tax certificate

Where do i start sef?

##### = One of the reason why Victor has to tell us whether even the fake one came from Tax office. I knew fake remains fake but if the document DID emanate from Tax office, then Yetunde has a case. We can always rope them in. Should it be "complete" Oluwole, we better forget about the whole thing. I mean appeal and purported fresh application.

# If we can confirm that the document emanate from Tax office even if the figures are not right, we can still do something #

1) What is your definition of "error" in this instance?

2) Is Tax certificate ORDINARY?

3) In case of re-application,what did you suggest Yeti go write in paragraph 5.4 of visa application form?

@House

I am tired of the whole thing like you, please be patient.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 12:47am On Oct 08, 2008
@Paribus

Thanks for your maturity.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pataki: 1:17am On Oct 08, 2008
@ Paribus,

Your views are well appreciated and very concise to point. I appreciate the gentleman nature in you. Keep it up man!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by JJYOU: 1:23am On Oct 08, 2008
paribus:

@BB

Your observations are noted. There's no vendetta with anyone. I have no more to say on this matter

quantum in me fuit

Regards

a gentleman indeed
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 3:01am On Oct 08, 2008
@Busy Body

I guess u havent gone tru my posts.i never knew how much my  'mum' is to pay as tax as a biz woman(it is not 4 my Dad who is a civil servant).Vikiviko never gave me a clue it was fake(believe me girl friend) i would never have used it.U can please ask him if he told me,if he had given any slight idea (or if i had had any myself) that it was fake i wouldnt have jeopardised may chances(all my parents efforts etc)on a mere tax clearance that can be gotten with days.

I never came out to cry foul!! (that i was duped my vikiviko by his giving me a fake doc),i blamed myself only until he came out to admit what he did to me i never mentioned him,simply because i wanted to get to the root of the issue first.Unlike what someone said earlier ,i think Pataki.

[b]I didnt mention he's name because i was confused about what happened; did i get a genuine doc and was falsely denied??[/b]That was what i wanted to know when i called him on Thursday morning(the day i got the refusal) and he said he got it from the right source.If he told me that there was a risk involved in any way i wouldnt have bothered using it (even after paying for it).I can't compare that to the millions my parents dropped for my sch fees.

Then i came on nairaland to tell members(Shawamma,Presjany and Co.),how i got denied just because of tax clearance.Presjany called me to find out more about the sad issue,that was when i told her about the source etc and she was very furious because she was 100% sure the doc was fake(because he Brother works with FIRS and she knows they don't give out Personal Income tax).

That was how the whole became clear to me that i was given a fake doc,Though Akolawole wanted to know  more from vikiviko but he never gave a definate answer(he hid away).

I actually continued with this topic because i wanted help out of the unknowing mess i put myself and also to let people know that they r 100% sure of the source of any documents they present to the BHC.But if u want to go for Oluwole(the word Busy Body used) at least u know that it is a risk u r taking,one i never knew i took when i submitted that fake doc with my application.Just my candid adivce.

@ vvvjustice

Thanks for the advice.i guess thatis for someone else in my shoes(a guy also posted here that his tax clearance was declared fake so he can also learn from it.

@Paribus

i apologized to vikiviko because i wanted him to tell us where the doc was from(i am the one with alot at stake not him so i did that)

@Stealthy

Though i resigned about 2months ago(to face all these transcripts,payments etc) but i now have a job in Abj without too much stress- thanks to my good grade in School.

@ Akolawole

U didnt really say anything about all these, so i guess there is no certain way 4ward or u simpily can't see away 4ward.i don't like taking risks,so i think i woul d drop the idea of reapplying ar appeal. undecided

As for me it is bye-bye MSc in UK,it is welcome Marriage and Babies, i think that is the only way forward for me.

@Funkybaby,Shawamma,kadman,Presjany,Londoncool,Paribus,MaryAnne,Pataki

I think we have now established beyond reasonable doubt that the doc is fake and there seems to be no way forward.i will get back my Parents pay.Settle down at my new(better job) and go for the next step.

Hope people have learnt from all these.

SO I GUESS IT IS CASE CLOSED.  undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 3:38am On Oct 08, 2008
At Alausa (yesterday 7th of Oct 2008)

I found out that, one 'could' pay abt 10k per yr for a turn over of abt 1m per yr for Personal Income tax.20-30k for abt 3m per yr turn over etc.I was also told that one could pay for 1-3 yrs tax, straight from the horse's mouth.

The procedure;

1.Go to a tax office nearest to you(i was told in your zone-whatever that means)
2.Get the tax forms
3.On the form u r to fill

- Person's name

-Date of Birth

-Occupation

-Spouse's name

-Address

-Signature/thumb print

-One passport photograph

4. U pay the money that is ur calculated tax from the tax office, to any bank(i'm sure of Diamond bank).
5.U submit ur forms(maybe tax office or bank),the bank will send it down for u but it will take longer.
6.The forms are sent to their IT dept for processing.
6.U go back to the bank/tax office for ur ID card and clearance after 8-10 working days.

The amazing thing abt it all is that it takes abt 8-10 days. For more info,go to ur nearest tax office(u can ask at the closest Local govt. to u).

I went to Alausa to know more abt how i missed out.I am the kind of person that learns from my mistakes and tells others abt it to avoid the same.

All the Best in getting your documents for your Visa.It is the most important thing in getting the Visa.

Wish You luck!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 10:39am On Oct 08, 2008
@Yetti
I am sorry

Nairalanders pls accept my apology i had no intention to cause her this painful experience.
The tax doc i got for her was what i ve always used before but it was unfortunate it happened this way.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 10:47am On Oct 08, 2008
It is well with you, my child cheesy Go and lipsrsealed no more, my child wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by VOR(m): 11:00am On Oct 08, 2008
Akolawole:

@Vicjustice

You are bookish like VOR. grin

##### = One of the reason why Victor has to tell us whether even the fake one came from Tax office. I knew fake remains fake but if the document DID emanate from Tax office, then Yetunde has a case.

# If we can confirm that the document emanate from Tax office even if the figures are not right, we can still do something #

Ako,

I am afraid I beg to differ with you.

Whether the doc came from the tax office or not, it is still a false document and Yetti should have known or it
would have been reasonable to expect her to know that the document may well be false. She paid 10k for the
doc after negotiating the figure down from 12k. Na so govt. business is conducted? Did she receive an official receipt
for the payment? My guess is she didn't.

The document may well be a genuine one from the tax office, but it has been improperly issued and the ECO would
consider that to be no different than presenting a totally counterfeit document. For arguments sake, suppose Viko had a contact in the British High Commission and he told Yetti he could help her to get the visa if  Yetti gave him money in those circumstances it is no different than paying this Viko person money to obtain the TC rather than go through official channels.

Yetti

You say you have learnt your lesson. I hope you have. What you did was wrong as you have admitted.
Really and truly, and speaking as someone who has, in the past, worked in the British Immigration system
it is highly unlikely you will be granted a visa if you re-apply immediately, even with a genuine TC. If you apply
at some time in the future you will have to declare your refusal and given the 10 year ban rule that too is
unlikely. Were you notified of the ban?

I would strongly suggest you look elsewhere to study abroad if that is your dream.

Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 11:19am On Oct 08, 2008
@VOR

in as much as i am trying to forget all this and move on,i still appreciate ppl's contributions.

i was not given any ban but i was given a right t o appeal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 11:46am On Oct 08, 2008
yettidear:

@Busy Body
I guess u havent gone tru my posts.i never knew how much my  'mum' is to pay as tax as a biz woman . . . I never came out to cry foul!! . . .

I have gone through every post in this section and the visa appeal section, trust me. Besides, the write-up was not addressed to you at all. I was just exporing the "ifs" and "whatnots", and imploring people to channel their help the right way.

People were initially commending you on your approach, because you did not initially cry foul, but instead put your hands up . . . Don't let people lead you otherwise, crying out for Viv's head on a plate and calling for him to be burned at the stakes, to rid Nigeria of its ills, does not and will not help the situation and would definitely not solve the problem on the ground. All you need is help with the way forward.

Sh*t happens, but let bygone be bygone.

A great deal of people, whom can occassionally be tactless and insensitive, and are always in a cranky mood and are always spoiling for a fight, abound aplenty on this forum. If they stumble across this thread, some of them are bound to think that "hold on Viv is not solely to blame for this . . ."

Exploring all angles, all Viv did was produce a certificate out of thin air, because you approached him. Now look at the other probabilities, If you had initially paid tax at source, if you had not approached him, if you had given him the correct amount, if you had not claimed ignorance of self-employed tax, if you had kept a photocopy for yourself, if you knew it would be fake . . . guess who they are gonna blame? You. Are they gonna help your situation by piling some of the blame on you? No. Is that what you need right now? No.

At the end of the day, if you approach someone who does not work in a tax office to help you procure a tax certificate, do you really honestly expect him to magically produce it out of thin air? I was not privy to the discussion you had with him prior to engaging his services, but I am 100% sure he did not tell you he had the machine to produce said certificate at home . . .

If there were no corrupt staff tax officials doing a roaring trade, to start with, people like Viv would have no need to do business with them, and if there were no customers like you patronising Viv, he would not have a trade.

All I am saying is that there is nothing to derive from blaming only one side of the party, in short, there is nothing to derive from blaming anyone at all.

All you need is help to move on, and as far as I am concerned, UK is not the be it and all, there are bigger fishes in the ocean, namely Canada and USA. Take Canada for example, if you are a graduate and have worked for one and half years, you can apply for their highly skilled stuff. Even if you were to apply to do your masters there, you do not have to pay any fees until you procure the visa . . .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 12:26pm On Oct 08, 2008
@ Busy body

Of course i never thought he had a tax printing machine at home, he told me he had a friend at the tax office who would help get it faster for me.Ask him!.

All you need is help to move on, and as far as I am concerned, UK is not the be it and all, there are bigger fishes in the ocean, namely Canada and USA. Take Canada for example, if you are a graduate and have worked for one and half years, you can apply for their highly skilled stuff. Even if you were to apply to do your masters there, you do not have to pay any fees until you procure the visa . . .

I think now u r feeling me on the way forward.

vikiviko:

@Yetti
I am sorry

Nairalanders please accept my apology i had no intention to cause her this painful experience.
The tax doc i got for her was what i ve always used before but it was unfortunate it happened this way.

i want u to learn your lesson like i have too.Let ur clients know the source of documenst u help them get so that they can know the risk involved in using it.If it is genuine tell them if it is 'Oluwole' tell them ,just be sincere, that is it ,be sincere and not use their naivety(or stupidity) to gain money for urself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 2:38pm On Oct 08, 2008
@paribus

I admire your maturity and calmness. Geez! How do you do it ? Teach me, abeg.  wink

@yettidear

Do not allow anyone to get you all worked up. You are not obliged to reply to every post made on this issue.

Too bad that you can't lay your hands on a copy of the TC.

Sooner or later, you might still have to give explaination as to what went wrong except you do not intend applying for UK visa again for a very long time to come.
I have seen soooo many cases where the ECO refers back to issues that led to previous visa denials and use that as a reason to deny a fresh application. So do not think that the ECO will just wave off the issue. Like you mentioned, the document was not returned to you which means it has been kept in your file (yes, each applicant has a file (that contains copies of documents submitted) at BHC . . . i am 100% sure of this.

As a matter of fact, how you escaped the 10years ban beats me. That alone is a reason for you to be very thankful to God and tithe your first month salary when you get paid at your new job.  grin smiley

I will suggest you consult privately with Akolawole and Pataki on this issue.
Most especially Akolawole  kiss . Send him a mail.
He just helped me on a private issue that relates to BHC visa wahala recently, his suggestion worked. . . and this is not the first time he has been of great help to myself and also my friends.

Lastly, why must you give up your dream of having a masters degree just because of this issue? Who says marriage, MSc, babies and even a good job cannot go hand-in-hand together ?  cheesy wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.