Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,165 members, 7,903,852 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 10:25 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307657 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Desola(f): 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2008
please delete
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 5:12pm On Oct 14, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by elctroguru(m): 6:02pm On Oct 14, 2008
To make u clear of the Qtn i asked. My appeal had used up to 7-mounths and some days, but have not goten any reply from them(AIT) yet, i dont know what could have took them so long. So i'm asking if it's possible to track haw far appeal has gone or status online or is there anything like that? or is there anything i can do/just keep waiting?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Desola(f): 12:41am On Oct 15, 2008
please delete
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 1:52am On Oct 15, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Desola(f): 6:19am On Oct 15, 2008
please delete
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Desola(f): 6:23am On Oct 15, 2008
please delete
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 11:23am On Oct 15, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by japanista: 5:06pm On Oct 15, 2008
what if the person had travelled previously under the 'uncle' thing who happens to be her boyfriend, but they are married now. does it affect anything if she decides to apply for a permit to live with her husband
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 5:24pm On Oct 15, 2008
Sorry mate .
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 15, 2008
i was refused a uk student visa based on the point that the mariage certificate i submitted with my application was forged. can i ask the ECO to review my application by sending the embassy a confirmation from the registry that the certificate was not forged?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by japanista: 6:35pm On Oct 15, 2008
@Londoncool

The situation ain't hypothetical. It's my aunt's current dilemma, and she doesn't know if to go ahead and apply. They got married this year.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 7:51pm On Oct 15, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by japanista: 8:01pm On Oct 15, 2008
my aunt's "husband/uncle" is a british citizen. she's had no previous immigration problems, but the previous times she's travelled she stated him as her uncle in her application cos she feared they might not grant her entry if she declared he was her fiance. now they are married and she fears if she applies for the stay/permit to be with her husband, they might refer to her previous applications and see that thesame person she's married to is who she claimed to be her uncle.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 9:07pm On Oct 15, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by japanista: 9:37pm On Oct 15, 2008
Londoncool thanx a lot for your help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Desola(f): 11:38pm On Oct 15, 2008
please delete
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 2:36pm On Oct 16, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Boronto: 5:01pm On Oct 20, 2008
for a uk visiting visa, if your sponsor dat is paying for the visiting to the uk is a retired public servant frm Nigeria, will they still require a Tax Clearance certificate because i dont know if a retired person still do pay tax or not. pls reply,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by prommy(f): 10:01am On Oct 22, 2008
please how many weeks does it take british embassy to process a visa.i have submitted everything. the collected both my originals and photocopys.How many days will i now wait for there reply.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Boronto: 11:25am On Oct 22, 2008
prommy:

please how many weeks does it take british embassy to process a visa.i have submitted everything. the collected both my originals and photocopys.How many days will i now wait for there reply.

10 working days.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kaypumpin2(m): 5:06pm On Oct 22, 2008
Hello all the gurus.I am here to make some enquiries and i will be happy if i am helped out.I am making my post here instead opening a new topic on it as am sure of gurus incessant visit here than any other thread.I have a cousin who was born in Germany and left when she was 2 yrs old in 1982.She has her birth cert with her to prove this too.Until now,she never have any urge to make use of it,but when she lost her hubby and daughter in an accident recently,she craved a change of environment.I am wondering what way can she put this birth cert to use to expediate any travelling purpose to her country of birth and if there is any more document she needs.Thanks for your help in advance and looking forward to an immediate response.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by brownbonno(m): 5:20pm On Oct 22, 2008
kay_pumpin:

Hello all the gurus.I am here to make some enquiries and i will be happy if i am helped out.I am making my post here instead opening a new topic on it as am sure of gurus incessant visit here than any other thread.I have a cousin who was born in Germany and left when she was 2 years old in 1982.She has her birth cert with her to prove this too.Until now,she never have any urge to make use of it,but when she lost her hubby and daughter in an accident recently,she craved a change of environment.I am wondering what way can she put this birth cert to use to expediate any travelling purpose to her country of birth and if there is any more document she needs.Thanks for your help in advance and looking forward to an immediate response.

The applicant can apply for visa as a regular applicant.Except the parent(s) is German.
Special rules exist for those born before 1 July 1993 if only the father is German and is not married to the mother. The father must acknowledge paternity before the child is 23, or acknowledge paternity and marry the mother and the child must declare himself or herself to be a German citizen

Birth in Germany
In general, birth in Germany does not confer German citizenship if neither parent is German. However, children born on or after 1 January 2000 to non-German parents acquire German citizenship at birth if at least one parent:

has a permanent residence permit (and has had this status for at least 3 years); and
has been residing in Germany for at least 8 years.
Such children will be required to apply successfully to retain German citizenship by the age of 23. Assuming the laws are not changed prior to 2023, they will normally be required to prove they do not hold any foreign citizenship
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kaypumpin2(m): 7:30pm On Oct 22, 2008
@brownbonno neither parents are citizens and both really stayed in germany for more than 10 yrs b4 they relocated here.I thank u for your quick response and will let her know.I hope applyin normal and aving her birth cert amognst docs to be submitted will have a positive effect though.

Thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jayboykodi: 7:13pm On Oct 23, 2008
@londonCool.
pls am aboout to apply for my student visa, my sponsor statement of account reads from aprill -sept. the ballance is not up to a million, but he has over 16million in fixed deposit for 3months. do u think i stand a chance.
one more thing my other names on my passport and credentials do not corelate. eg . on my passport i av tosin, while on my credential its the full name, oluwatosin. pls what du u think i should do should i go ahead?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tbaba83(m): 2:08am On Oct 24, 2008
Hello Good people, I am about to apply for a student uk visa soon. I have paid my full tution fees through bank transfer from my brothers account and i have printed out the online payment made from his account to the school to show the embassy the financial commitment of my brother. i also have a letter from the school's accomodation services addressed to the embassy stating that i wont be allowed to pay for accomodation unless my visa is guaranteed. My sponsor who is my elder brother has given me his bank statements for 6months. Money as large as 50,000pounds has been moving in and out of his bank account for past few months but recently he has withdrawn a very large sum for some business transactions and left a sum of 53pounds. Will this statement of account stillĀ  be useful for my applications??
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Flowers: 9:17am On Oct 24, 2008
@LondonCool

Hello kindly give me your e-mail address I have so many urgent visa issues I would like you to assist me to answer.

helenflorish@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 24, 2008
Hello All,

a quick question okay maybe questions

- what's the difference btw tourist visa and family visa. I ask cos the last time i applied it was simply visit visa or family visa
- the word sponsor does it just refer to those who finance your trip or also those who accomodate you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bijelee(m): 1:55pm On Oct 24, 2008
i have plans to stdy in uk for my masters, i need every relevant information concerning visa apllication and travel requirements, thank you
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 3:29pm On Oct 24, 2008
salsera:

Hello All,

a quick question okay maybe questions

- what's the difference between tourist visa and family visa. I ask because the last time i applied it was simply visit visa or family visa
- the word sponsor does it just refer to those who finance your trip or also those who accomodate you

Tourist Visa is basically applying for the visa with hotel reservation as a TOURIST

Family Visit Visa is as the name implies applying for a visa to visit family.

Sponsor refers to who finances your trip

- Host is the person who accomodates you. You fill their name in the section "where would you be staying". Hope this helps.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 3:37pm On Oct 24, 2008
bijelee:

i have plans to stdy in uk for my masters, i need every relevant information concerning visa apllication and travel requirements, thank you

If you can take time to read this thread from the first page to the last,it would tell you everything you need to know.It's more informative than anything anyone could tell you.
I also added a link below by a nairaland user paribus. It's informative,and very properly planned,that's the guideline i plan to use for my own student visa application next year.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=61751.msg1425530#msg1425530

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.