Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,163 members, 7,903,850 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 10:20 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307655 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 2:54pm On Oct 08, 2008
VOR:

Funky,

How are you baby?

I am still very much around, I jut don't contribute as often as i did.

This is what happens when people are deceived by charlattans.
I don't really feel sorry for Yeti because she must have known that
the document she was procuring would not be Kosher. How would
she expect to get a genuine document from an unofficial source. and
a faceless individual on the internet for that matter.

VOR, am fine thank you. smiley You?

Am sure yettidear has learnt her lesson and i hope those that intend applying for BHC's visa with fake doc (or consulting visa agents) will learn from this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Boronto: 3:06pm On Oct 08, 2008
pls can anyone tell me wat the sponsor  is to provide for a uk family visit visa. The person sponsoring me his my dad in Nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 3:11pm On Oct 08, 2008
Boronto:

please can anyone tell me what the sponsor is to provide for a uk family visit visa. The person sponsoring me his my dad in Nigeria.

check the 2nd and 3rd pages of this thread for the answer to the question you asked.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pataki: 3:26pm On Oct 08, 2008
funkybaby:

@paribus

I admire your maturity and calmness. Geez! How do you do it ? Teach me, abeg.  wink
I can teach you. grin wink Paribus just passed it on to me now. cheesy

VOR:

Ako,

I am afraid I beg to differ with you.

Whether the doc came from the tax office or not, it is still a false document and Yetti should have known or it
would have been reasonable to expect her to know that the document may well be false. She paid 10k for the
doc after negotiating the figure down from 12k. Na so govt. business is conducted? Did she receive an official receipt
for the payment? My guess is she didn't.

The document may well be a genuine one from the tax office, but it has been improperly issued and the ECO would
consider that to be no different than presenting a totally counterfeit document. For arguments sake, suppose Viko had a contact in the British High Commission and he told Yetti he could help her to get the visa if  Yetti gave him money in those circumstances it is no different than paying this Viko person money to obtain the TC rather than go through official channels.

Yetti

You say you have learnt your lesson. I hope you have. What you did was wrong as you have admitted.
Really and truly, and speaking as someone who has, in the past, worked in the British Immigration system
it is highly unlikely you will be granted a visa if you re-apply immediately, even with a genuine TC. If you apply
at some time in the future you will have to declare your refusal and given the 10 year ban rule that too is
unlikely. Were you notified of the ban?

I would strongly suggest you look elsewhere to study abroad if that is your dream.

Good luck.
Oga VOR, Long time oh. How is the family?

I beg to differ. shocked shocked There are interesting intrigues which this case can be applied to. Not everything goes by the book sir. grin However, just for the books and records, it is best she applies later on the future or move on to somewhere else. I totally support your view on that.

@ Funkybaby,
I wuz ere.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Boronto: 3:29pm On Oct 08, 2008
funkybaby:

check the 2nd and 3rd pages of this thread for the answer to the question you asked.

thanx. but am a little confused because u stated dre the colour copy of the sponsor bio data page, is it the bio-data page of the person inviting me + my dad's own
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 3:35pm On Oct 08, 2008
Boronto:

thanx. but am a little confused because u stated dre the colour copy of the sponsor bio data page, is it the bio-data page of the person inviting me + my dad's own

Yw.
The bio data page of the person inviting you.

If your dad has an international passport, you can also attach a copy of this or a photocopy of his identity card (work or business) . Better still you can include both

You will find all the info you need and more if you take out time to patiently read through the first 5-10pages of this thread.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Boronto: 3:45pm On Oct 08, 2008
funkybaby:

Yw.
The bio data page of the person inviting you.

If your dad has an international passport, you can also attach a copy of this or a photocopy of his identity card (work or business) . Better still you can include both

You will find all the info you need and more if you take out time to patiently read through the first 5-10pages of this thread.

tanx. can u pls tell me hw the address will look like when writing a sponsorship letter to the uk embassy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 3:51pm On Oct 08, 2008
Boronto:

tanx. can u please tell me hw the address will look like when writing a sponsorship letter to the uk embassy.

Address of who? Your sponsor in UK or your sponsor in naija (your dad)
The letter should be in the format of a formal letter.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Boronto: 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2008
funkybaby:

Address of who? Your sponsor in UK or your sponsor in naija (your dad)
The letter should be in the format of a formal letter.

i mean the uk embassy address. i.e the person the letter is being addressed in the embassy in nigeria.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 4:01pm On Oct 08, 2008
Boronto:

i mean the uk embassy address. i.e the person the letter is being addressed in the embassy in nigeria.

The Entry Clearance Officer
British Deputy High Commission
Walter Carrington Crescent
Victoria Island
Lagos

I can't remember the correct street number. . . Maybe 11 or 14. You can goggle it out. Not like its really important. There is only one BHC on that street.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Boronto: 4:17pm On Oct 08, 2008
funkybaby:

Victoria Island
Lagos

I can't remember the correct street number. . . Maybe 11 or 14. You can goggle it out. Not like its really important. There is only one BHC on that street.

thanks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 4:21pm On Oct 08, 2008
funkybaby:

Victoria Island
Lagos

It's 11

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 4:23pm On Oct 08, 2008
Boronto:

thanks.

You welcome. smiley

kadman:

It's 11

thank you.  smiley
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 5:15pm On Oct 08, 2008
To Paribus

Hin pass the quantum pari pasuma you talk undecided Okay make I kukuma join the people with a chip on their shoulder brain felicitate with you further cool Thanks for being the bigger person and I mean this from the bottom of my heart.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN
A sin'ku tan, alugba o lo o fe supo ni? The funeral is over, but the calabash beaters are digging in their heels and do not want to take their leave; do they want to inherit a wife? undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by yettidear(f): 10:08pm On Oct 08, 2008
funkybaby:

@paribus

I admire your maturity and calmness. Geez! How do you do it ? Teach me, abeg. wink

@yettidear

Do not allow anyone to get you all worked up. You are not obliged to reply to every post made on this issue.

Too bad that you can't lay your hands on a copy of the TC.

Sooner or later, you might still have to give explaination as to what went wrong except you do not intend applying for UK visa again for a very long time to come.I have seen soooo many cases where the ECO refers back to issues that led to previous visa denials and use that as a reason to deny a fresh application. So do not think that the ECO will just wave off the issue. Like you mentioned, the document was not returned to you which means it has been kept in your file (yes, each applicant has a file (that contains copies of documents submitted) at BHC . . . i am 100% sure of this.

As a matter of fact, how you escaped the 10years ban beats me. That alone is a reason for you to be very thankful to God and tithe your first month salary when you get paid at your new job. grin smiley

I will suggest you consult privately with Akolawole and Pataki on this issue.
Most especially Akolawole kiss . Send him a mail.
He just helped me on a private issue that relates to BHC visa wahala recently, his suggestion worked. . . and this is not the first time he has been of great help to myself and also my friends.

Lastly, why must you give up your dream of having a masters degree just because of this issue? Who says marriage, MSc, babies and even a good job cannot go hand-in-hand together ? cheesy wink

U r right i dont have to reply everyone on the issue. lipsrsealed

Though u said i am to thank God i didnt get banned but inside of me i feel banned not with the fact that there seems to be no way forward.I apply it's trouble,i dont same trouble, i appeal wahala.Pls tell me if that aint a 'hidden' ban what is?

I will try to mail Akolawole- he has been helpful anyways.

Thanks alot Funky.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 2:56pm On Oct 09, 2008
@Siena

Are you still the moderator?

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-179721.0.html cry

@Pataki_Funky and others

I am thinking about few options, i will mention 2 publicly then discuss the other two privately.

Option 1

Yetti should make another application but must not include the fake or the new genuine one. On paragraph 5.4, ignore the reason of refusal.

You are likely to be called for interview. Our target is for them to make a decision before the 28 days of previous application ran out. Even if they refuse you on the new application is okay as long there's no mention of prvious fake one.

Over to you for comments

@Viviko

Sponsors: You can get!

Visas: You can get!!

All Documents: You can get!!!

Failure: I am sorry

Can you please stop parading yourself as Mr Get-All on Nairaland.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mikkko: 5:52pm On Oct 09, 2008
Is it ideal to call the British embassy in lagos and ask them the status of your Appeal ? Cos, I called the AIT a day earlier and they said they are still awaiting a response from the Embassy in Lagos. And untill November 7, 2008. Kindly advice if it's a good idea contacting the british embassy here in Lagos, cos, this has been posted since August 22nd 2008 by the AIT to the British Embassy in Lagos. thanx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 7:58pm On Oct 09, 2008
@Mikko

Why do you need to the status at this time?

Less than 8 weeks of filing appeal. undecided

Go and Chill till early next year.

Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mikkko: 8:32pm On Oct 09, 2008
@Akolawole,

it's not that i just filled 8 weeks ago. I av filled since july, but it seems the whole process is taking too long. And the most painfull part of it all is that, on the my refusal letter, the ECO stated a name i never mentioned any where in my application as my sponsor. Which was very evident that my application was not properly checked. The ECO stated one rubbish name which was no where to be found inside my application as my sponsor's Name and also, stating that my personal bank statement of account was that of my sponsor, which was not. The whole thing was just mixed up and i tend to be totally fed up of the whole system.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 10:08pm On Oct 09, 2008
@Mimiko

July 2008 abi?

The earliest time you will get the decision is December 2008(which i very much doubt) Unless ECO repent and accept wrongful decision.

This house is too Dry today.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 1:06am On Oct 10, 2008
Just having another look at Yetti's refusal. Beside Paragraph 395, she was also refused under the new 320(7A). Though she was not given 10 year Ban But do subsection "A" related to "B"? cry

" Rule 320 (7A) comes into force on 29 February 2008. So from that date any application for entry clearance which has been supported by false documents or in which false representations have been made, even if the applicant did not know that the documents were false or that the representations were not true, and even if they were not material to the application he or she made, will be refused. This is a major development in the rules. Prior to this statement of changes the only comparable immigration rules were in respect of the submission of a false document (rule 320 (21) – and this said nothing about making false representations) Most importantly this rule fell under the heading of “grounds on which entry clearance or leave to enter will normally be refused”.

Now the refusal is mandatory. The exercise of discretion by entry clearance officers has been removed. Of course this has a further effect upon the jurisdiction of Immigration Judges when considering appeals against the refusal of entry clearance. At the moment judges are required to consider whether the discretion of an entry clearance officer should have been exercised differently from how it was exercised in any decision to refuse entry clearance, and to allow appeals if the discretion was wrongly exercised. From 29 February this jurisdiction will go, because refusals under 320 (7A) are mandatory. "

This means;

1) The ECO must not set aside the "fake" But Refused Accordingly,

2) If appelled, the Judge must not take "good" look at the case because it is compulsory that the application be refused.

If my interpretion is okay then Appeal is definitely out of it.

@UK Visa Gurus

Is there any relationship between 7A and 7B of that section 320?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 2:33am On Oct 10, 2008
@Gurus

I think Yetti can make a fresh application.

That the fake document in this refusal is not her own Work letter, Certificates, Personal bank statements is a big advantage but don't put Viviko's tax document. In fact don't put new or updated tax clearance of your Mum.

I hope and pray Section 7B is completely independent on 7A.

Over to ya Pataki, Oluwafunmike and others.

@VOR

We cannot throw away the baby with bath water.

Lawyers are trained to lie thats why they can never make heaven grin

@Yetti

My epistle remains a suggestion ma.

I am not giving full advice on your visa application but to clear the mess on ground regarding the Oluwole tax document.

I know nothing about your OTHER documents and how you complete your visa application form.

@ Gurus

I will be on short holiday soon. When is Seun paying us our Ileya Ram allowance?

We might be forced to be charging people here. grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ty4real(m): 10:22pm On Oct 10, 2008
Akolawole:

@Gurus

I think Yetti can make a fresh application.

That the fake document in this refusal is not her own Work letter, Certificates, Personal bank statements is a big advantage but don't put Viviko's tax document. In fact don't put new or updated tax clearance of your Mum.

Over to ya Pataki, Oluwafunmike and others.

@VOR

We cannot throw away the baby with bath water.

Lawyers are trained to lie thats why they can never make heaven grin

@Yetti

My epistle remains a suggestion ma.

I am not giving full advice on your visa application but to clear the mess on ground regarding the Oluwole tax document.

I know nothing about your OTHER documents and how you complete your visa application form.

@ Gurus

I will be on short holiday soon. When is Seun paying us our Ileya Ram allowance?

We might be forced to be charging people here.
grin

I agree with you and when the nairaland allowance land please let me kno I will giv you ma sort code and acc details so that I can get my share!na nairaland cake now and it is for some selected people abi! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pataki: 12:20am On Oct 11, 2008
@ Oga Akolawole,

Do you still want to discuss further on this matter? At the moment, I tried looking for the refusal notice of Yettidear to read it all over again and compare and analyze it to what you have stated, I cannot seem to find it, due to what some agberos have typed in previous pages here.

I suggest the UK Visa Appeal thread can be used as we do it in times past to discuss further on this matter. What do you think? Also since you are around at the moment, can we schedule a day, to meet somewhere in London possibly if any other are around, it would be nice.

In all honesty, I have not read the Immigration law bothering on new paragraph 320 (7A&B). But if you still want me to discuss it with you, I would be glad to throw my own views about it on the UK Visa Appeal thread.

Cheers.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by oyewolejos(m): 10:14am On Oct 13, 2008
attention londoncool,ako, funky,etc. please i have a problem.i applied for uk WHM and i was refused based on fake share certificate which i do not know was faked.i was refused on 2nd sept 2008 and i have since appeal against the decision.but i can hardly wait for the outcome of the appeal. pls i want o know how to apply for a review of the eco decision.though the document was fake but i did not know until i was refused. can i write to the ecm that i was not aware.and if the ecm refuse the review can i apply again without this controversial application affecting future applications. because i had that the 320(7a) will not affect people who application was refused before 1 oct 2008.is there any rule that will not affect me.though i was not banned.i sent an email to the embassy and they said i can reapply can i follow thier words.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by elctroguru(m): 11:35pm On Oct 13, 2008
My stud.visa was denined "cose the school resumed before the 15 days check back at the emabacy. The problem is, its 7th mounths 'v Appealed and have got no repply from the AIT. Is there any way to track hawfar Appeal has gone. I also mailed AIT (costomer.servise@tribunals.gov.uk but was a mailerdemmo. Pls what can i do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 11:38pm On Oct 13, 2008
elctroguru:

My stud.visa was denined "cose the school resumed before the 15 days check back at the emabacy. The problem is, its 7th mounths 'v Appealed and have got no repply from the AIT. Is there any way to track hawfar Appeal has gone. I also mailed AIT (costomer.servise@tribunals.gov.uk but was a mailerdemmo. please what can i do?

We cannot understand your english.

Can you make yourself clearer.

Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 12:43am On Oct 14, 2008
Akolawole:

Akola,
I read through that part of the immigration rule briefly.
In my interpretation, i think they are related.
I think Yetti is rather very lucky she was not slammed the 10yrs ban.
Its best she reapplies and makes her application as ''thorough'' as possible.
Its no gurantee that she will get the visa, but the aim is to get another refusal on ''cleaner'' grounds rather than a refusal based on forgery.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Desola(f): 1:56am On Oct 14, 2008
Londoncool, i'm interested to know more about this. Is it one rule for family applicants and another for other applicants when it comes to deception? How come deception can be readily pardoned in the case of those applying to join their families?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 11:34am On Oct 14, 2008
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2008
@Londoncool

Thanks for the clarification.

Na wa for that last paragrapgh o.

@Yetti

Please check your mail.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by LondonCool(m): 3:39pm On Oct 14, 2008

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.