Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,920 members, 7,883,212 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 06:25 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307174 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 6:14pm On Oct 05, 2009
@iz2much: It's ten working days but  I am believing that by God's grace we will get our visa in just 5 days!I am not tracking so often either

@flekan: why don't you reapply? Is your school given you an extension? I don't know much about review but you can read a lot of post made here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-30156.2720.html from page 1 to 93. I am sure it will answer some of your queries try and email them and ask about your review customer.service@tribunals.gsi.gov.uk.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mufasa(m): 7:12pm On Oct 05, 2009
Thank God oooooooo. grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy My bro's visa showed up today.

I'm looking for cheap one way tickets like this. I saw Arik online for 101800, problem is that when i tried to pay with my ATM card it declined saying the limit will be exceeded.

Any ideas?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 7:16pm On Oct 05, 2009
@ Mufasa: congratulations! I think you can only withdraw 60K today and 60K the next day if you must use ATM. If not go and withdraw the money in the bank tomorrow,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mufasa(m): 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2009
@khadie, i wasnt tryin to withdraw. iwas tryin to use it online. online payment.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 7:22pm On Oct 05, 2009
@flekan
u culd ave read thru b4 asking.it wil take 20working days or 28 normal days (xcluding public holidays) do reapply it wil help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 7:27pm On Oct 05, 2009
@ Mufasa: oh I see.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mufasa(m): 9:43pm On Oct 05, 2009
@khadie, i ca;lled the arik customer care to let em know this and they were like if i'm gonna pay over the counter @ the airport its gonna cost me about 160k. thats like a 50k difference.
why would they put online payment when they know interswitch wont debit anything more than 60k.

its crazy confusing,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tjadeba(m): 10:21pm On Oct 05, 2009
i-toro:

@ALL : I need your advice on this- i`ll like 2 knw if i might hv entry issues at d UK border with immigrations cos
1. my course start date is sept 21
2. the reg dead line is 20th Oct
3. I intend 2 trvl on 15th Oct

But my visa was issued on 29 Sep

Sure, you won't have problems as long as it is stated in your visa letter that you can still register up till the 20th of October.Please be armed with the letter at the entry point.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 9:06am On Oct 06, 2009
@ Mufasa: that's unfair. I think you should buy a return ticket if one way will be that expensive
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by flekan(m): 9:50am On Oct 06, 2009
@iz2much : Thanks

@Khadie : Reapplying won't be a problem, but I will have to wait until next year since school is already in session, The date on my visa letter was 21/09/2009
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 9:53am On Oct 06, 2009
@ Flekan: I thought the school would give you an extension. Some school extended till the 20th of October for their students that have visa issues. Well, all the best to you. Pls read a lot of posts on the link I provided. There are lots of issues you might benefit from.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by muumuu(m): 9:57am On Oct 06, 2009
plz i need to travell to d uk and dont really knw how to go about it,wat do i do if i dont have anyone there?os there anyone that can send me an invitation?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jossy26: 1:41pm On Oct 06, 2009
pls house, has anyone used waec confirmation of results to secure a uk student visa under tier 4.urgent response is needed plssss.tnkx
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 1:55pm On Oct 06, 2009
muumuu:

plz i need to travell to d uk and dont really knw how to go about it,wat do i do if i dont have anyone there?os there anyone that can send me an invitation?

mumu, why cant you just do something nice here in Nigeria with your money, alternatively they can do with some helping hand in SA for the preparation of 2010, consider SA
jossy26:

pls house, has anyone used waec confirmation of results to secure a uk student visa under tier 4.urgent response is needed plssss.tnkx

go there, i mean waec office and ask for a confirmation of result, when i did mine it cost me 3500 and 3 passport photograhy.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jossy26: 2:03pm On Oct 06, 2009
@iz2much i think foreign and embassy gos for 7500 shey but they refused to give me by hand dont want dem to post it for me cos dere is no assurance it will meet my application.hp u undastnd my drift
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 3:06pm On Oct 06, 2009
@jossy,
probably datz the way it is in Lagos.i did mine in Ilorin & dey handed it over 2 me wit 1001 security seal on it.itz may/june.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2009
@ Jossy26: can't you ask them to courier it to you by paying for the service?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by flekan(m): 3:37pm On Oct 06, 2009
@Khadie : Thanks, the link you sent helped a lot. Will contact the school to see if I can get an extension while I wait for the result on my review
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2009
@flekan: you are welcome. All the best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mufasa(m): 5:39pm On Oct 06, 2009
i have had very long day , had to go drop me bro @ MMIA. We dont stay in Lag so it was a early morning dash out of our village.

my bros finally is on his way, he went with arik this morning and he still paid the exact fees we saw online 101,499 by cash @ the Arik desk in MMIA.

Following antecedents here is a list of all the ingredients in the re-application

1. Photocopy of Visa letter from school (The original was not returned wit the initial application and we explained that we ve asked fro another Original Visa letter from the school but we are using a copy cause of time constraints)

2. Original receipt of payment, Admission letter from school

3. Bank statement and letter from bank (Another original one, but this was returned this time around)

4. Rejection notice of the first attempt

5. Supportive essays from Me and My mother with copies of our payslips, letter of employment, previous visas on our own passports (My bro hasn't traveled b4)

6. A properly filled visa form and a very comprehensive statement (with extra sheet attached) identifying the errors made with the initial calculations of his maintenance fees by the ECO who handled his first application. We also made mention that we ve put in for an Admin review but because we are pressed for time we decided to reapply which we envisaged was faster.

7. Original WAEC certificate

8. The same international passport

9. And most importantly a lot of skabashing was put in the application (mostly from me Moms though).

I think thats about all.

He comes to this forum too to read up stuff but doesn't post. He told me to say a big thank you to y'all.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by shabbie(m): 6:17pm On Oct 06, 2009
Much love to everybody in the house. tho i didnt post, but i read all that was posted.
I have gotten my UK student VISA
Thank D Lord

@Mufasa. whr u get cheap ticket- i must be in school 10am friday
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mufasa(m): 6:58pm On Oct 06, 2009
Make a bookin at Arikair.com. Then go and pay at their desk at intl airport. Or at any of their shops in town. Its 101499 naira. One way.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 8:01pm On Oct 06, 2009
@ Mufasa: what a wonderful brother you are! Let's us know how it goes with your brother o. I wish him all the best and a big thank you for your support to him. That's awesome! I love your second package for his reapplication. I did a bit of extra jara in mine too plus a lot of skabashings! cheesy wink cool

@ Shabbie: congratulations.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 8:18pm On Oct 06, 2009
Khadie:

@ Mufasa: what a wonderful brother you are! Let's us know how it goes with your brother o. I wish him all the best and a big thank you for your support to him. That's awesome! I love your second package for his reapplication. I did a bit of extra jara in mine too plus a lot of skabashings! cheesy wink cool

@ Shabbie: congratulations.

i did a normal one, just the needed document
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mufasa(m): 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2009
Khadie:

[b]@ Mufasa: what a wonderful brother you are!

cool coolNow you ve got my head swollen like pawpaw,

Wishing you, iz2much and other NLanders all the best in ur reapplication wink wink.

My bro has landed, he said there were no hassles at heathrow grin grin.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 10:31pm On Oct 06, 2009
@mufasa
i knw thangz r workin wel 4 i,khadie & all
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 8:31am On Oct 07, 2009
Congrats to all you that have gotten your VISAS oh, and I pray for all you who are still hoping to get thier's oh.E no easy.
For those who are now in the Uk settle down and read your book if you are in Uni and does who aint in school, ask the underground crowd how to go underground and look for a Job and start saving cos you sure need legit papers and it comes with planning and loads of money, abstain from shady things cos trust me once you get a criminal record, your life has come to an end in the UK so anybody trying to put you on the fast lane you should cast away with holyghost fire oh, do I hear an Amen?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 10:10am On Oct 07, 2009
@ Mufasa: good to know your brother arrived safely. Thank God for his Mercies.

I am still praying towards tomorrow for our visa to be ready
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by biriah: 6:33pm On Oct 07, 2009
the money you need to show for the student visa, does it need to be in one account only or the money can be lodged in two separate accounts, for instance the money in the two accounts will add up to the money that i need to show?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 7:00pm On Oct 07, 2009
Khadie:

@ Mufasa: good to know your brother arrived safely. Thank God for his Mercies.

I am still praying towards tomorrow for our visa to be ready

Are u given just 5 working days 4 ur application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 8:04pm On Oct 07, 2009
@ iz2much: no I wasn't but that's my prayer request

@ b.iriah: these 2 accounts, who do they belong to? You? Your sponsors?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 8:27pm On Oct 07, 2009
@khadie
just kip d tracking thang frequent.u'r more than regulary on the thread. Al ur post had ben on travel.i guess u came on d forum 4 updates & info. God iz our strenght!

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (145)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.