Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,912 members, 7,883,164 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 04:17 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307171 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 8:30pm On Oct 07, 2009
@iz2much: thanks so much. God is our strength o. I am tracking it.I do that only in the mornings though. Like twice. If I don't see a change by 11am I move on till the following day. Yeah, I do view other updates on Nairaland but I felt compelled to be a part of this cuz of my travel-lol.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ell77(f): 8:31pm On Oct 07, 2009
b.iriah:

the money you need to show for the student visa, does it need to be in one account only or the money can be lodged in two separate accounts, for instance the money in the two accounts will add up to the money that i need to show?

The money needs to be in your account, the account of your parents or a combination of the two. It can be in multiple accounts if it meets these requirements. But you must present the information clearly and write oanda conversion on each. To make it clearer you can reference and write this total of sums i.e.
Exhibit A - TOTAL SUM:
-Supporting bank statement 1 shows £4000 belonging to Miss Lola Thomas (the applicant),
-Supporting bank statement 2 shows £4000 belonging to Miss Lola Thomas (the applicant),
-Supporting bank statement 3 shows £10,000 belonging to Mr Kunle Thomas (the applicant's father - please see exhibit B for parental statement of consent/financial sponsorship).
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 9:15pm On Oct 07, 2009
@kahdie: am sorry to lean tht ur visa is still unavailable cry, but just trust in God in all ur endeavours, i have a bottle of champange on ground.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by biriah: 9:46pm On Oct 07, 2009
Khadie:

@ iz2much: no I wasn't but that's my prayer request

@ b.iriah: these 2 accounts, who do they belong to? You? Your sponsors?

they belong to my parents.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 10:52am On Oct 08, 2009
@ Violent: thanks a lot. How are you settling in over there?

@ b.iriah: I think you should follow the useful tips shared by ell77.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2009
ell77:

The money needs to be in your account, the account of your parents or a combination of the two. It can be in multiple accounts if it meets these requirements. But you must present the information clearly and write oanda conversion on each. To make it clearer you can reference and write this total of sums i.e.
Exhibit A - TOTAL SUM:
-Supporting bank statement 1 shows £4000 belonging to Miss Lola Thomas (the applicant),
-Supporting bank statement 2 shows £4000 belonging to Miss Lola Thomas (the applicant),
-Supporting bank statement 3 shows £10,000 belonging to Mr Kunle Thomas (the applicant's father - please see exhibit B for parental statement of consent/financial sponsorship).

b.iriah. use this useful info from ell77,  and since the account belong to your parents, I guess you are on the right path.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by BABABABA: 6:12pm On Oct 08, 2009
pls do i have to show evidence of accomodation becos the college does not have any hall of residence,the college advised that if i can show £7200 meant for maintance in my account it will be good enough,that i shld not bother myself paying any estate agent for accomodation letter.pls what is your opinion about this?is it true that the ECO dont look out for accomodation letter again?dont u think the ECO might ask where do u want to live in your first few days in the UK as they normarly do b4 the tier 4 PBS.pls dont say my ques is too much ooo.i am just trying to get advise becos the PBS system is new to me
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 6:20pm On Oct 08, 2009
BABABABA:

pls do i have to show evidence of accomodation becos the college does not have any hall of residence,the college advised that if i can show £7200 meant for maintance in my account it will be good enough,that i shld not bother myself paying any estate agent for accomodation letter.pls what is your opinion about this?is it true that the ECO dont look out for accomodation letter again?dont u think the ECO might ask where do u want to live in your first few days in the UK as they normarly do b4 the tier 4 PBS.pls dont say my ques is too much ooo.i am just trying to get advise becos the PBS system is new to me

There is  a place in the self assessment form under PBS that asked if your accommodation fee has being paid to your sponsor and if you say no, I want to think that the part where you will have to show that you have sufficient fund to cover outstanding expenses in the form will help as your account details will back up the fact that you do have the fund. House what do you think?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ell77(f): 7:23pm On Oct 08, 2009
BABABABA:

Khadie:

There is  a place in the self assessment form under PBS that asked if your accommodation fee has being paid to your sponsor and if you say no, I want to think that the part where you will have to show that you have sufficient fund to cover outstanding expenses in the form will help as your account details will back up the fact that you do have the fund. House what do you think?

Khadie is perfectly spot on.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 7:24pm On Oct 08, 2009
Hello Khadie, How you doing? I've been down with FLU.  I have gone through your post and I can see there's no update yet!

BABABABA:

The ECO don't care where you want to live,( if you like stay in Sheraton as long as you got the MONEY to stay there  shocked) Just show the requirement maintenance, like the school advise you to and you wont have any problem getting your VISA.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 7:32pm On Oct 08, 2009
Khadie:

@iz2much: thanks so much. God is our strength o. I am tracking it.I do that only in the mornings though. Like twice. If I don't see a change by 11am I move on till the following day. Yeah, I do view other updates on Nairaland but I felt compelled to be a part of this cuz of my travel-lol.

babe, relax. you will get your visa. its a done deal grin

i wish both you and iz2much tons of luck !
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 7:39pm On Oct 08, 2009
BABABABA:

maintenance funds or not. its advisable he shows evidence of where he will be accommodated while he is studying. and i guess the poster has probably never been to the UK before. so where is he going to stay? even if its just for 2weeks . . . . till he knows his way around.

as easy as PBS looks, people are still been refused for silly reasons and minor errors.

even if he escapes it now, it will be an issue for him at the port of entry. so why take chances with the initial visa application. look for some cheap accommodation. even if its a 200pounds deposit, pay it and get a contract or something.

just my opinion though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 7:42pm On Oct 08, 2009
@ Funkybaby

Itz been long, Where ave u been, even £a$y is just coming in.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2009
iz2much:

@ Funkybaby

Itz been long, Where ave u been, even £a$y is just coming in.

hallos. i kuku dey.

when does your school resume?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 8:15pm On Oct 08, 2009
@ £a$y: Pele o, how are you feeling now? Take it easy o. Yeah, I am still playing the waiting game here

@ Funkybaby: thanks sis. I believe it's a done deal.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bricks(m): 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2009
Hello Guys,its good to know that there's a forum like this to ask questions from people with real life and practical knowledge.

Of recent, I and my fiance have been toying with the idea of securing a highly skilled immigrant work permit from the uk.

I am sure y'all very well know that getting this is based on a point based -system which covers areas like education qualification,age ,income.

My Fiance qaualifies becos the policy of the scheme has been  recently changed to score points on education only if you have additional qualifications e.g a masters degree (which she just conculded);while i am just about putting in for mine in unilag.now this point (education) carires a lot of weight which makes my total  points insufficient to qualify.

With this,the idea came that she becomes the primary applicant while i become the dependant ;of cos based on marital relationship as we plan to get married.

Though i have gone thru the designated uk site for the scheme;i sincerely want honest opinions and practical insights as to how this arangement might work out for us.

Also i wouldnt mind to know the documents to put together and all.one can understand these things better if it comes from experienced individuals rather than just reading it on a websites.

furthermore,what are the prosppects there cos there is always the fear of the unknown?

I have a friend currently working in the uk(legitimately) dat has been bugging me  to try and find my way down there,my fiance also have cosins that have been telling her same.however, i know that money dont grow on trees over there and life is not all bed of roses;reason why am trying to get 3rd party opininion/advice on this forum.

I have never realy been big on living abroad;but i just feel why not?, even if its just for few years and most importantly give ur kids an opportunity to be citizens of the "world" rater than a country  that has not moved any where and without electricity for the past 45 yrs wallowing in abject poverty in the mist of plenty.

Now pple will say "so is running abroad going to solve the problem?", my answer to  that is:self preservation and survival is the only way to gurantee the future of any human. i can only change things if i am alive,mentaly sane and have the economnic power to do so.

My honest opinion of  the present Nigeria without unneccessary sentiments of "nigeria is the only true country i have" and all that crap is that it can not guarantee that survival with the THIEVES,BARBARIANS and MADMEN  that rule us.

kindly help a broda out!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 8:41pm On Oct 08, 2009
@funkybaby
my sch gives me 19 oct as the final day.am praying 4 d best.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ell77(f): 8:10am On Oct 09, 2009
funkybaby:

maintenance funds or not. its advisable he shows evidence of where he will be accommodated while he is studying. and i guess the poster has probably never been to the UK before. so where is he going to stay? even if its just for 2weeks . . . . till he knows his way around.

as easy as PBS looks, people are still been refused for silly reasons and minor errors.

even if he escapes it now, it will be an issue for him at the port of entry. so why take chances with the initial visa application. look for some cheap accommodation. even if its a 200pounds deposit, pay it and get a contract or something.

just my opinion though.

@Funky Baby - This is a good opinion, worked out with common sense. But the UKBA does not operate like this.

Many have been given student visas without accommodation in UK.

His school does not own/offer halls of residence (hostel) to him (not every school does) so he cannot get the easiest option.

If he wanted to pay for accommodation before leaving, the lowest deposit accepted in UK is a months rent as deposit plus the first months rent in advance i.e. two months. This comes up to on average £400-£800 for just a room shared in a house with others, lets not talk about him getting his own accommodation. Also for private accommodation - unless you can provide a guarantor or are working full-time, most private landlords take it as a given you must produce 6 months deposit i.e. £1200 - £2400 on average for one room shared in a house with others. There are exceptions to this, but these cases are rare. I doubt he can get this.

There are currently scam artists in UK who will advertise property and will collect a deposit without you meeting them, only for you to find out, they do not even own the property. His best way of avoiding this is either getting halls of residence - which isn't an option for him, or by getting the accommodation and paying for it with a CONTRACT on arrival to UK.

Example:
http://forums.gumtree.com/about158808.html&highlight=

So he cannot have accommodation before coming to UK. UKBA does not require it. If he has money in his maintenance amount required by UKBA, part of this will be used to pay for accommodation. Which if enough should not take him long to move into a place in the region he goes to school. Most house owners right now are desperate to fill empty rooms, as they find they can't sell their home.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by jossy26: 9:37am On Oct 09, 2009
@funky,pls how cn i get a waec confirmation of result handed over to me by hand?plsss help
@iz2much did u remove the confirmation of result from d sealed envelope since its confidential,or dos it make sense to jst drop it lyk dat in d application letter?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 9:45am On Oct 09, 2009
bricks:

Hello Guys,its good to know that there's a forum like this to ask questions from people with real life and practical knowledge.

Of recent, I and my fiance have been toying with the idea of securing a highly skilled immigrant work permit from the uk.

I am sure y'all very well know that getting this is based on a point based -system which covers areas like education qualification,age ,income.

My Fiance qaualifies becos the policy of the scheme has been  recently changed to score points on education only if you have additional qualifications e.g a masters degree (which she just conculded);while i am just about putting in for mine in unilag.now this point (education) carires a lot of weight which makes my total  points insufficient to qualify.

With this,the idea came that she becomes the primary applicant while i become the dependant ;of cos based on marital relationship as we plan to get married.

Though i have gone thru the designated uk site for the scheme;i sincerely want honest opinions and practical insights as to how this arangement might work out for us.

Also i wouldnt mind to know the documents to put together and all.one can understand these things better if it comes from experienced individuals rather than just reading it on a websites.

furthermore,what are the prosppects there cos there is always the fear of the unknown?

I have a friend currently working in the uk(legitimately) dat has been bugging me  to try and find my way down there,my fiance also have cosins that have been telling her same.however, i know that money dont grow on trees over there and life is not all bed of roses;reason why am trying to get 3rd party opininion/advice on this forum.

I have never realy been big on living abroad;but i just feel why not?, even if its just for few years and most importantly give your kids an opportunity to be citizens of the "world" rater than a country  that has not moved any where and without electricity for the past 45 yrs wallowing in abject poverty in the mist of plenty.

Now pple will say "so is running abroad going to solve the problem?", my answer to  that is:self preservation and survival is the only way to gurantee the future of any human. i can only change things if i am alive,mentaly sane and have the economnic power to do so.

My honest opinion of  the present Nigeria without unneccessary sentiments of "nigeria is the only true country i have" and all that crap is that it can not guarantee that survival with the THIEVES,BARBARIANS and MADMEN  that rule us.

kindly help a broda out!

I think the best will be for your fiance to do hers first and invite you over as her dependant since they recognize unmarried or civil partner or if you guys want to get married before she leaves that may help your application in the long run. See, http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/inf21pbsgeneralmigrant#13774537. I am sure the house will give you better advice on this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bricks(m): 10:22am On Oct 09, 2009
or if you guys want to get married before she leaves that may help your application in the long run[quote][/quote]

@josy 26-that is what we intend doing, house; more insights and opinions pls.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 10:24am On Oct 09, 2009
bricks:

or if you guys want to get married before she leaves that may help your application in the long run

@josy 26-that is what we intend doing, house; more insights and opinions pls.

That was not Jossy26 but Khadie
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 11:32am On Oct 09, 2009
ell77:

Many have been given student visas without accommodation in UK.

and many have been refused as a result of not having a place to be accommodated in the UK

am not going to enter into an arguement/discussion with you on this.

its really up to the applicant to do what he decides.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bricks(m): 11:37am On Oct 09, 2009
@ khadie- oops !my bad!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 11:39am On Oct 09, 2009
jossy26:

@funky,pls how cn i get a waec confirmation of result handed over to me by hand?plsss help

unfortunately, my cell phone fell and right now the screen is blank and i am unable to retrieve the number of the lady at WAEC.

like i said earlier, it can be given to you by hand. its naija !!! money talks.

i will suggest you to go waec office and meet one of those 'touts' that hang around. they front for the waec peeps.

I met the guy @ WAEC through a female tout that i approached and spoke to. Just tell them what you want. the result will be given to you in an envelope that is stamped and sealed. DO NOT open it. buy a WAEC scratch card as well and submit it along with your application.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 1:13pm On Oct 09, 2009
@funkybaby
a babe, who hide you since? grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 1:13pm On Oct 09, 2009
@jossy26
I was there and dey did al d confirmation.they nw handed it over 2 me sealed
after taking it dat way 2 Collectn centre,there dey unseal it & i submit ma Application wit it,unsealed!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 1:19pm On Oct 09, 2009
erico2k2:

@funkybaby
a babe, who hide you since? grin

na ''olowo ori mi'' smiley grin
wassup with you?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2009
for those of you arguing about rent deposit etc, there is a lawin the Uk which states that Landlords are only allowed to collect one month rent in advance and one month in hand ie you need to have two months rent to start living in a single room,guys  dont get it wrong,everybody who comes to the Uk start with one room unless your parents or relatives are here who own thier own house,same law is what Lagos state govt are trying to introduce.
So in all there aint  no way anyone is gonna ask you to pay up to 6months rent as someone said on here,thats a practical scam,you however may be required to sign a 6months contract ie you will have to live there for 6 months B4 you are allowed to move out  and take you deposit.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2009
funkybaby:

na ''olowo ori mi'' smiley grin
wassup with you?
I dey oh infact I dey 9ja at the moment I dey wait for my ILR E no easy,whats new? E don tay oh
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bricks(m): 1:28pm On Oct 09, 2009
i beg guys,make una no forget my inquiries oh!

am still waiting for more cotributions.

thanks khadie for urs.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tunnytox(m): 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2009
@bricks
The process of applying for HSMP (Now Tier 1 general) is constantly changing. However, as far as I know if you fiance has a Master's degree she'll stand a better chance of getting the visa while you can apply with her as a dependant.

My first advise will be that you should both try and get married now before she apply, you don't need to do a very bigf wedding a registry wedding could be a very good one.
Secondly, the most dificult area of the requirement are:
1 Earning and the supporting documentation to proof it
2. maintenence fund requirement

The applicant is required to earn some certain amount in Naira which if converted to pounds based on Income band (Nigeria is on band E) will enable the applicant to earn enough point to qualify. to proof this earning you will require at least 2 corroborative evidences, for instance if you wife works in a company she will need copies of her payslips for the past 12 months, earnings on this payslips must be corroborated by a third party document such as bank statement or Income tax clearance (be warned that the UKBA staff will very much likely confirm al your claims).

To get more information about this please visit the working in the UK section of the UKBA website which is www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk
you may be able to take an online self assesment buy using the online tool on the UKBA website the link is
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/pointscalculator

Also visit the eligibility and applying section to download the Tier 1 initial application guidance and the form. If you studied these and you still have problems then let us know and ppl here might also be able to give more advise.

Goodluck

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (145)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.