Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,912 members, 7,883,164 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 04:17 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (307171 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by bricks(m): 6:01pm On Oct 13, 2009
tunnytox:

@bricks
You'll need to have a heart of stone for you to leave your banking Jobs to come over to UK; i have to tell you the truth; don't expect to walk into another banking job here in the UK. Your Nigerian experience and qualification will attract an insignificant recognition from UK employers.

Starting a new life in the UK as an immigrant is very hard, there's a very little or rather no help at all from the UK government. The information for new comers is scanty and very misleading. Compared to immigrant going to Canada, USA and Australia, UK immigrants seems to have more hard hurdles to cross. In the Canada for example if you migrate as a skilled worker you could at least go for more education with govt funding and assistance, this definitely do help immigrants to settle and intergrate easily. However, the UK govt does not provide any sort of funding for immigrants under tier1, if you want to study in their Universities you'll be charged at international student rate (except you have resided in the UK for 3 years) and yet they will expect you to make earnings up to £35000 to get your visa renewed! what a ridiculous condition.

My advise to you is to look before you leap and think of the consequences and weigh the merits and demerits of this your proposed migration. I am not discouraging you at all the choice is yours but be aware that there are so many hurdles to cross.

goodluck

thanks man!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tunnytox(m): 6:28pm On Oct 13, 2009
you are welcome, pls feel free to request for any more info if you are stuck
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 9:37am On Oct 14, 2009
It was inscan at OC all through yesterday and when I got to Ikeja, it wasn't there. I should be on my way soon to pick up my visa cuz it's now ready. It's raining cat and dog at the moment and I feel like jumping into it!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 4:10pm On Oct 14, 2009
@iz2much & Khadie, How are you guyz? Just be calm and don't get in that rain. God is in control. Waiting for your success stories!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 4:15pm On Oct 14, 2009
Hey! I just got my visa! Glory be to God.

Special thanks to Ea$y, Funkybaby and Violent for your support and encouragement. I want to thank others who have contributed in one way or the other. You are all appreciated!

Let pop the champagne, no, let's wait till iz2much gets here!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 4:17pm On Oct 14, 2009
Khadie:

Special thanks to Ea$y, Funkybaby and Violent for your support and encouragement. I want to thank others who have contributed in one way or the other. You are all appreciated!

Congratulations !  smiley cheesy

Shebi, i told you ''its a done deal''  grin

btw: how many working days did your reapplication take?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by EAsY6: 4:24pm On Oct 14, 2009
Khadie:

Congratulations Khadie! So Happy for you! hopefully iz2much will come and celebrate too,
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 4:31pm On Oct 14, 2009
@ Funkybaby: Thanks sis. It took 9 working days all together. They issued the visa on Friday at 6 working days.

@ Ea$y: Thanks bro. I am waiting to hear from iz2much too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 4:33pm On Oct 14, 2009
^^^^^CONGRATS, and welcome, E no Easy,make ssure you give a good offering and sow a good seed this sunday,BABA GOD has done it again,once again CONGRATS,erm,I got my empty pint ready oh,even got ice too grin grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2009
erico2k2:

^^^^^CONGRATS, and welcome, E no Easy,make ssure you give a good offering and sow a good seed this sunday,BABA GOD has done it again,once again CONGRATS,erm,I got my empty pint ready oh,even got ice too grin grin grin grin

Yes o.God's worth all the praises and offering o and thanks for your support wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 4:43pm On Oct 14, 2009
@Khadie
Yes oh,btw, No forget to pray for me too, Im still waiting for my ILR, Help me remind BABA GOd oh sayIm waiting oh in ur prayers too oh and iz2much should come with good news quick.We are all winners
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 4:46pm On Oct 14, 2009
erico2k2:

@Khadie
Yes oh,btw, No forget to pray for me too, I'm still waiting for my ILR, Help me remind BABA GOd oh sayIm waiting oh in your prayers too oh and iz2much should come with good news quick.We are all winners

It shall be well dear. You will be victorious by God's grace.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 4:58pm On Oct 14, 2009
AMEN and Amen
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by tjadeba(m): 5:20pm On Oct 14, 2009
Khadie:

a smile had to bop out of my face!am more than happy for you, congratulations a thousand times.it's a hard won victory.It's God's doing o!!!!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 5:36pm On Oct 14, 2009
tjadeba: thanks so much
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 8:13pm On Oct 14, 2009
@ All, Boy isnt smiling. i was online all day and the stuff still shows in scan @ a stupid OC

I will storm there 2moro, i cant wait again.

@ Khadie Am so so happy 4 u.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 11:47pm On Oct 14, 2009
@kahdie grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin chei, me i don burst champagne already o, tht one is for you, will reserve another for Iz2much tomoro. congrats lady, get on the next plane, Uk awaits ur arrival
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 11:49pm On Oct 14, 2009
@Iz2much: dnt worry man, just get ur dancing shoes polished grin.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ell77(f): 9:45am On Oct 15, 2009
Khadie:

Congratulations! You seem like a really nice young lady and I am happy for you.

Khadie, welcome to your new life in the UK, it is kind of chilly right about now, so try and get one sweater/jumper and a coat before you come (then you can buy more clothes on arrival), unless you have someone who is going to pick you from the airport, perhaps they can help bring you both. Which part of the UK are you coming to? I can just imagine how excited and ecstatic you must be feeling right now! Are you ready to come?

@ Ea$y, Funkybaby and Violent - I am glad Nairaland has people like you who are willing to help your fellow man for nothing, not all people are like this I hope others may follow in your footsteps, it makes me feel proud! grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 10:26am On Oct 15, 2009
@Violent: All righty. I am coming on Saturday.

@ 1z2much: Pls storm the place jare. We can't wait no more.

@ Ell77: thanks a lot. I am fully prepared for the cold or so I think. I am going to be studying at King's College, Strand.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by ell77(f): 10:35am On Oct 15, 2009
Khadie:

@Violent: All righty. I am coming on Saturday.

@ 1z2much: Pls storm the place jare. We can't wait no more.

@ Ell77: thanks a lot. I am fully prepared for the cold or so I think. I am going to be studying at King's College, Strand.

Ahh a very good university, and in London no less. I wish you all the best - say hello to the start of a new era. A lot of these universities should be having careers fairs and universities, don't forget to submit your CV and collect business cards. Try and get the university careers service/international advisers to look over your CV first though (different format). Yes - you said you [b]think [/b]you are fully prepared for the cold. In which case I doubt it,- LOL grin. But you may be so excited you won't feel the cold, come as soon as you can to settle in well and get your accommodation sorted, if you have family/friends in London, you should be okay.

@ 1z2much - I thought you should receive you visa letter the same day it says inscan at Oc, for all my students the Inscan at OC only lasted  a few hours before changing to Visa application ready in Ikeja. You can try emailing them and asking them what is happening to your application - that may speed things up. But it should be ready by now. I wish you all the best. Perhaps you should go and sit in the office.  undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 10:41am On Oct 15, 2009
@ell77: thanks a lot. And about the "Inscan @ OC". Mine was like that all Tuesday and when I got to the collection centre it wasn't there. They asked me to be back the following day for it. I think iz2much needs to go to the centre and see if it's there.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mufasa(m): 11:18am On Oct 15, 2009
Congrats Khadie. Now i'm waitin for iz2much's good news.
My bro went wit Arik and he had no complaints. Plus d fare aint bad so i reckon u give em a look. Online bookings r way cheaper too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kunle93: 2:18pm On Oct 15, 2009
@khadie,

I'm so happy for you oo. wen are you leaving? I'm already in the UK. You can drop me an email here azeezdknl@yahoo.com. Hope to read from you.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chigsmith: 6:56pm On Oct 15, 2009
@khadie
Thk God for d succes. I am realy hapy 4 u. Wish u succes as u travel to commence ur accademic pursuit.
@izzmuch
Am waitin to hear ur own good news.
Thk God we Nigerians have started being our brothers keeper and i know this will lead to d restoration of our Intergity in d Commitee of Nations.
@ell77
I admire ur patriotic nature and i pray others will follow same in other fields of Nation building.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 7:06pm On Oct 15, 2009
kunle93:

@khadie,

I'm so happy for you oo. wen are you leaving? I'm already in the UK. You can drop me an email here azeezdknl@yahoo.com. Hope to read from you.
Expect my email.
chigsmith:

@khadie
Thk God for d succes. I am realy hapy 4 u. Wish u succes as u travel to commence your accademic pursuit.
@izzmuch
Am waitin to hear your own good news.
Thk God we Nigerians have started being our brothers keeper and i know this will lead to d restoration of our Intergity in d Commitee of Nations.
@ell77
I admire your patriotic nature and i pray others will follow same in other fields of Nation building. 

Thanks, how far with your application?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 10:43pm On Oct 15, 2009
Iz2much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where on God's earth are you.
@kahdie: u can hit me up , ciao!
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by wallyd02: 12:40am On Oct 16, 2009
Pls, dis is a matter of urgency, am a student and applyin 4 uk visa, i hold a GCE as i dont have May/June.I have all my admission papers but donnt knw wat to fill in my education qualifications, whre do i go frm here, thanks and hope to read from u all.debo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mufasa(m): 12:11pm On Oct 16, 2009
@debo, thats straight now. Just put GCE O/LEVELS. Which part of the form did they ask you to put your educational qualifications sef? I helped my bro in filling his application and i cant remember seeing anything as such. Just remember that whateva document or certificate u used in getting your admission, the originals must be included in your visa application.
@Iz2much,how far?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 5:20pm On Oct 16, 2009
Am here!!! I was there yesterday, i was told to wait, itz still in process, guyz i cant wait again, am crying!!! I felt bad cuz am still the only one still waiting. Plz join me in prayers. The More i try the More drama i create
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 7:58pm On Oct 16, 2009
iz2much:

Am here!!! I was there yesterday, i was told to wait, itz still in process, guyz i cant wait again, am crying!!! I felt bad cuz am still the only one still waiting. Plz join me in prayers. The More i try the More drama i create

Hey I feel very bad about this brother, pls trust in God. You will get it soon by God's grace.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 9:08pm On Oct 16, 2009
@Iz2much, dnt look at the rain, think of the rainbow, "its just a passing phase", will continue to pray for you, and BTW, am still standing by with my champange!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (145)

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.