Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,298 members, 7,971,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 09:44 PM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (309070 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Slim101(m): 6:25am On Nov 03, 2009
@mufasa.
Thanks so much for your reply.Yeah I appliead b4 PBS era. My application was denied cos I used two sponsors (my bro's accnt who's in the US and my mom's accnt). My bro printed his statement from the internet and sent it. The major reason for refusal is that I submited a "copy" of one of my sponsors.
I have not gotten the letter from AIT as regards my appeal refusal.(My bro went to his bank and got an original statement and even a letter from his account officer). So, I am yet the know the reason for my appeal dismissal.

I'm thinking of submiting my Mom's statemnt with letter from her that she's paying my tuition. (I've paid 1000 GBP from my tuition )The remaining is just 3000pounds.

* I also want to know if it matters if ur School is "B" rated on the Tier4 sponsors register.

funkybabe pls help out here
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 2:38pm On Nov 03, 2009
Slim101:

@mufasa.
Thanks so much for your reply.Yeah I appliead b4 PBS era. My application was denied cos I used two sponsors (my bro's accnt who's in the US and my mom's accnt). My bro printed his statement from the internet and sent it. The major reason for refusal is that I submited a "copy" of one of my sponsors.
I have not gotten the letter from AIT as regards my appeal refusal.(My bro went to his bank and got an original statement and even a letter from his account officer). So, I am yet the know the reason for my appeal dismissal.

I'm thinking of submiting my Mom's statemnt with letter from her that she's paying my tuition. (I've paid 1000 GBP from my tuition )The remaining is just 3000pounds.

* I also want to know if it matters if your School is "B" rated on the Tier4 sponsors register.

every or anybody can help not only funkybaby
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Slim101(m): 4:32pm On Nov 03, 2009
@iz2much. You are definately too much. I didn't mean any particular person. Anybody could help out- no disrespect intended. Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 5:04pm On Nov 03, 2009
Slim101:

@mufasa.

* I also want to know if it matters if your School is "B" rated on the Tier4 sponsors register.

wheres the uni located?
within london or outside?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 5:08pm On Nov 03, 2009
@slim101

i think its best you stick to your mum's account provided she has loads of money in it.
you have an outstanding of 3000 pounds in fees. assuming your school is within london, you need to have mainteananace funds of 7200 pounds (5400 pounds if its outside london)

add up 3000 pounds and 7200 pounds . total is 10,200 pounds.
so your mum must have the naira equivalent of 10,200 pounds (use oanda website for current exchange rate) in her account UNTOUCHED for 28days

most importantly, make sure you get an original visa letter from the university.

i do not know much about how universities are cartegorised under the new system. but i guess ''B'' cartegory is for colleges.

once it reaches maturity date, print out the bank statement, fill the forms correctly, include all other documentation. . . . ssce original certificate, letter frm mum, etc and you are good to go.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Slim101(m): 12:10am On Nov 04, 2009
Thanks peeps. My school is actually London College of Computer and Business Studies. It's in Stockwell, London and I'm doing my PGD in I.T. and according to Oanda, 10,500gbp = #2,639,398. Moms has more than double that in her account.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 9:41am On Nov 04, 2009
Slim101:

Thanks peeps. My school is actually London College of Computer and Business Studies. It's in Stockwell, London and I'm doing my PGD in I.T. and according to Oanda, 10,500gbp = #2,639,398. Moms has more than double that in her account.

Good. Do not include the bank statement of your brother in the states. Your mum's bank statement will do. Remember that 10,500 pounds must remain untouched for 28days and most importantly, get the [b]original visa letter[/b]r from the college
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by flekan(m): 12:28pm On Nov 04, 2009
@slim101

Did you applied through Awolowo House (Glass House)?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by flekan(m): 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2009
I meant TSK?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 12:53pm On Nov 04, 2009
Still chilling for Iz2much cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by iz2much: 4:47pm On Nov 04, 2009
violent:

Still chilling for Iz2much cool

thanks man! am asked to come by monday.@ All God is doing it!!!! Again
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 12:31am On Nov 05, 2009
Slim101:

Thanks peeps. My school is actually[b] London College of Computer and Business Studies[/b]. It's in Stockwell, London and I'm doing my PGD in I.T. and according to Oanda, 10,500gbp = #2,639,398. Moms has more than double that in her account.

Check if that school is not one of the bogus colleges in London.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by BABABABA: 3:15pm On Nov 05, 2009
@justwise
@funkybaby
@violet
i have a visa letter from a college in London and the qualification that was listed on my visa letter are my Ordinary level qualification and HND qaulification,i told the college i dont want my OND qualification to be listed on the visa letter becos all i ve got as a prove of having an OND qualification from my school is just a notification of result,i was unable to get my OND transcript and certificate.pls what are the implications of showing just O level cert and HND Cert without any prove of OND certificate if i shld go ahead and apply for a student visa under the PBS?pls i need advice
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by flekan(m): 4:57pm On Nov 05, 2009
justwise:

Check if that school is not one of the bogus colleges in London.

What makes you think the school is one of the bogus colleges in London?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:01pm On Nov 05, 2009
flekan:

What makes you think the school is one of the bogus colleges in London?

That was my first impression when i saw the name then i checked in UCAS website the school name was not one of the colleges in london.
I could be totally wrong but do ur checks.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by flekan(m): 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2009
Yea, you are totally wrong. Check the link provided below for more details about the school

www.lcbcs.com
http://www.the-bac.org/colleges/directory/ukdirecta.pl
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 5:49pm On Nov 05, 2009
flekan:

Yea, you are totally wrong. Check the link provided below for more details about the school

www.lcbcs.com
http://www.the-bac.org/colleges/directory/ukdirecta.pl

Good luck man, was only trying to help cos i know alot of colleges in london are not real.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by flekan(m): 5:52pm On Nov 05, 2009
justwise:

Good luck man, was only trying to help cos i know alot of colleges in london are not real.

I never said your not trying to help bro
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by violent(m): 9:25pm On Nov 05, 2009
BABABABA:

@justwise
@funkybaby
@violet
i have a visa letter from a college in London and the qualification that was listed on my visa letter are my Ordinary level qualification and HND qaulification,i told the college i dont want my OND qualification to be listed on the visa letter becos all i ve got as a prove of having an OND qualification from my school is just a notification of result,i was unable to get my OND transcript and certificate.pls what are the implications of showing just O level cert and HND Cert without any prove of OND certificate if i shld go ahead and apply for a student visa under the PBS?pls i need advice

well, the TBS rule states that the documents stated in the Visa letter should be submitted with ur application, if your OND is not listed, it only shows that the school believe that your HND is good enough to qualify you for the course. I'd advise you go ahead and apply with the documents stated in the visa, however to be on a much safer side, u can submit your OND notification of result like that, am sure it wont hurt.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by easylogic(m): 11:27am On Nov 06, 2009
Man you got to be very careful,The website for the college you are going to sounds very suspicious,simply because it has a .com website.Which suggests it is a commercial website.Most schools in the Uk have a .co.uk address.

http://www.lcbcs.com/

So better check it out at the British high Comm in Nigeria before you pay your tuition fees.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 11:36am On Nov 06, 2009
easylogic:

Man you got to be very careful,The website for the college you are going to sounds very suspicious,simply because it has a .com website.Which suggests it is a commercial website.Most schools in the Uk have a .co.uk address.

http://www.lcbcs.com/

So better check it out at the British high Comm in Nigeria before you pay your tuition fees.

The school is in UKBA website, it listed all the schools licenced to sponsor migrants under tier 4. The list is as current as 05-November-2009
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by easylogic(m): 1:43pm On Nov 06, 2009
Thats okay,the real question is whether that is the legitimate website of the school.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Khadie(f): 3:38pm On Nov 06, 2009
Dear all,
I have being in London for about 3 weeks now and I must say that missing 2 weeks of activities affected me to a large extent. I am still trying to fill in the remaining gaps as things keep moving on up.

Hey Iz2much, are you in UK already? What happened with your visa?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by justwise(m): 10:39am On Nov 07, 2009
Khadie:

Dear all,
I have being in London for about 3 weeks now and I must say that missing 2 weeks of activities affected me to a large extent. I am still trying to fill in the remaining gaps as things keep moving on up.

Hey Iz2much, are you in UK already? What happened with your visa?

Don't worry u will catch up this Dec break, i had the same prob, mine was even a month delay. Enjoy urself.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by hypeman2k9: 1:28pm On Nov 07, 2009
justwise:

Don't worry u will catch up this Dec break, i had the same prob, mine was even a month delay. Enjoy urself.

Hey Khadie!!!! nice to know you finally got your visa, same happened to me though i only missed 2weeks, still trying to adjust, you can tell cos I havent been on here for a while, cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by flekan(m): 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2009
easylogic:

Thats okay,the real question is whether that is the legitimate website of the school.

What were you implying dude? That I created the website myself or what?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by sulaiman1: 9:06pm On Nov 09, 2009
pls can any one give me an idea of airfee to uk. pls i want the cheapest. i just got my visa nd need to travel soon

kind regards
Sulaiman
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by alabi1: 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2009
my wholehearted regards to all my well wisher's in nairaland.com!i got my visa last friday under tier4 n my schl is resuming on 26th this month!pls,i need an urgent information as what next to expect when i'm going nd which airlines is the cheapest?Give me an updated price of all airlines in Naija!
kind regards,
alabi1
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by stick2clem(m): 10:49am On Nov 10, 2009
Iz2much whats going on with ur application status, hope ur coming back to us with a good news?? did u check out for ur application yesterday?? Sometimes it might be more than 15 working days just believe your Visa wud be ready for pick up soon, @ Alabi i wish u good luck in ur trip, u shdnt except anything than good now since u av ur Visa now ur own situation is diffrent from the rest,get ur ticket and take off, u still got alot of time for ur resumption, As for we that we are still waiting for our application .Insha we shall get it soon.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by flekan(m): 6:44pm On Nov 10, 2009
@alabi1 & sulaiman1

I think Arik Air and Emirates are the cheapest. I think you are to book online, print out the booking confirmation and then take it to any of there offices for payment,  not sure though. Bookings below are just for ONE WAY, you can check their website for more information

Booking through Arik Airline
Fare                                     Taxes and fees                                    Total amount
USD 475.98                           USD 178.79                                           USD 654.77
http://www.arikair.com/arikair/index.asp?id_sessionlangue=2

Booking through Emirates
Fare                                     Taxes and fees                                    Total amount
USD 475.00                          USD 173.75                                          USD 648.75
http://www.emirates.com/ng/English/
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by BigBashiru: 12:49pm On Nov 11, 2009
people of nairaland, please i want to find out general visitor visa processing time - reliable time frame - how ong does it take after submission of documents to get a general visitor visa decision. thnx.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by stick2clem(m): 9:24am On Nov 12, 2009
i've got my student visa. it took just 7days not 7 working days, 7days thanks to all the nairlanders. god bless you all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (145)

Lithuania Student Visa / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.