Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,187 members, 7,910,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 10:38 PM

Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? (15678 Views)

Ojerinde Speaks On Validity Of UTME Results For 3 Years / JAMB Gets 7-days Ultimatum To Release Scripts For Remarking or face the court. / Remarking Of The Jamb 2013/2014 Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by Fynestboi: 9:43pm On May 08, 2013
Abeg mod ban
MManuel: @Umartins1: i wont spend a sec longer trading words with some dimwits here, they knw themselves. I would've loved us to compare results but I think i'll pass that up. best of luck
u just commit and an offence nairaland rules .. Rule/Law 2

. 2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by BrutusOj(m): 9:44pm On May 08, 2013
Umartins1:
but I still want you to concur with me that WE DID NOT FAIL. THEY FAILED US!!
For what reason(s) and why do u think JAMB failed you?
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by Umartins1(m): 9:47pm On May 08, 2013
BrutusOj: For what reason(s) and why do u think JAMB failed you?
read through the lines. Your answer lies there.
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by BrutusOj(m): 10:02pm On May 08, 2013
Umartins1:
read through the lines. Your answer lies there.
Bros.take heart,just keep praying for your admision..I pray you get it,but if you don't,study harder next year
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by glamoureze(m): 10:07pm On May 08, 2013
LOL... Protest fire...guy bone d mata..d result has been released.if ur score aint gud enuf..go to college of education..
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 08, 2013
My Ppl, u guys atleast for writing jamb, una don pass 16. Make una shut up and go and prepare for the next jamb. Remarking it won't change anything. It might as well be worse probably frm 120 to 80. U knw u never wrote the type allocated to u. U changed ur type. Jamb simply used the type u were meant to write to score u. Exam malpratice na hw many yrs for kirikiri prison. Be wise and start nw to read.

1 Like

Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by Okelity2812(m): 11:09pm On May 08, 2013
No! ( most of the protesters cheated, most especially in the north). Yes!! (it affected some people that burnt a trailer of candle), finally it should be remarked because;THE LAZY ONES CAN HARDLY MANEUVER POSTUME
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by Emmyk(m): 11:23pm On May 08, 2013
Hmmmn
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by Bjkhaleed(m): 11:26pm On May 08, 2013
picardor2k: My Ppl, u guys atleast for writing jamb, una don pass 16. Make una shut up and go and prepare for the next jamb. Remarking it won't change anything. It might as well be worse probably frm 120 to 80. U knw u never wrote the type allocated to u. U changed ur type. Jamb simply used the type u were meant to write to score u. Exam malpratice na hw many yrs for kirikiri prison. Be wise and start nw to read.
must u type smthng or comment.
Do u support the remarking of utme exam? Yes/NO.
Simple arithmetics, story teller
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by ajasa4link: 11:30pm On May 08, 2013
I don't think re-marking should be the main issue because like someone rightfully pointed out it's pure logic, if the same omr form įs slotted into the computer over 60 times for assessment,the same score Ѡill be recorded each time it is assessed. I think the problem if there is any,could be as a result of errors in the collation of the result which may be as a result of technical glitch in jamb's collation system...I think the only thing jamb can do which Ѡill be very ok is to make an enquiry and look at such instances where such glitches might ђƏνЄ affected the student's results and re-allot †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ real marks of the few innocent students affected by this...This is what happened in 2009 and not the fairy tale of re-mark you guys are spreading around... And for those boasting and beating their chest about expecting to score 300 but seeing 200,the only thing I Ѡill tell you įs; I wish you gain admission this year and it į̸̸̨§ only when you get to school you Ѡill KϞ0w that claiming to study very well for an exam has very little to do with results pasted by †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ lecturer. It į̸̸̨§ then you Ѡill see how someone scores Ε in an exam he is expecting A and he doesn't go around saying he Ѡill sue †̥ђe̶̲̥̅ school authority or claiming he knows he can never score E... Those stuff don't work in there...my 2 cent!
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by Fussbot: 11:42pm On May 08, 2013
kofsy:
You had 208, why the heck are you complaining? You had better face your book and prepare for your post utme coming up next month... If you score high in your post utme, OAU will definitely pick you. You may not get your desired course, but at least you would be admitted.
I laf in ijebu @ dis..gal here is a candidate of oau last year with 240 jamb..243 post utme...I stil dey.................k

Bak 2 topic,hope u can read wat's above?naw tel me how can some1 wit dos scores last year failed jamb dis year??(U can only understand better if u've done oau post jamb b4)even if I didn't read anyfin 4 dis year's jamb,al wat I read dat gave me dos scores last year wld dfntly give me 200+ dis in dis years jamb...bt here I am..#thinking bout next year already#

Que cera cera!
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by layiwola008: 12:18am On May 09, 2013
Post UTME past questions and answers FOR ALL SCHOOLS.
Visit: www.theprojectpros.net/index.php/articles/59
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by Moshood91(m): 12:27am On May 09, 2013
Umartins1:
sir, your post is a true reflection of how frustrating your life must be.
Oh! Really? But I never got as frustrated as you currently are. Face your travails. If you don't read (STUDY), you fail woefully.
Waiting for remarking? You will NEVER get it. Humans scored 300+.
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by Igboboy59(m): 1:20am On May 09, 2013
yea i support the jamb should be remark........
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by CHEKWASUCHE(m): 1:38am On May 09, 2013
chai. . ! 2 read gud o. Dis year jamb na hot cake. It just remind me last year waec result were a muslim score A1 in CRK OR CRS.
No nid 2 short, jamb v make their money. 4500 times 1.7m = 7.05trilion 1.55million, 398thousand, 750naira.
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by hyelhira: 2:25am On May 09, 2013
JAMB/UTME 2013 result is out. Have you performed well? Congratulations! Was your performance average or so poor that it cannot guarantee your admission? What are you going to do about it? Here are your choices.

You can either stay at home for another year to write another JAMB/UTME and waste money on special centres with the same uncertainty of outcome. Or, you can take a wise step and find a practical and credible solution to your admission problem NOW!
We advise you to choose the wise course by seizing the opportunity presented by GCAB.

GCAB - GGA College of Accounting and Business offers a live changing opportunity for students struggling to gain admission through JAMB, by presenting a dual graduate programme that combines professional examination of ICAN and a BSc programme of NOUN through an integrated syllabus.

For further information, follow this link: http://www.ggacollege.org/contact-us/information-request-form/. (Serious students only as spaces are limited).
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by jarkata(m): 4:17am On May 09, 2013
Failure is not a crime and mistake is not a barrier but repeating d same mistake is d real failure,whoever dat fails jamb shuld buckle up and put more effort.gone are d days nothing like post jamb,once u dont meet cut-off mark u are on ur own.but nowadays with ur low score u can still prove urself in post jamb and gain admission.i could remember some years back i wanted to commit suicide just because i was deprived frm gaining admission into mechanical engineering at OAU i scored 263 and the cut off mark was 265,imagine just two marks and some ppl with even 210 gained admission to d same department.there are lots of irregularities in jamb and admission process.JAMBITES KEEP ON TRYING U WILL GET THERE BUT DONT REPEAT THE SAME MISTAKE,U R NOT A FAILURE
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by ameer2: 4:56am On May 09, 2013
>sadI simply cant blve jamb marking dis year,it was my first failure ive eva heard in life,thet witheld 2 of my subjects but i managed to get 140,pls pls n pls remarking is needed
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by derbypiero(m): 5:31am On May 09, 2013
Yesoo dis is spoiling my business no customer
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by Fynestboi: 8:01am On May 09, 2013
After June 1, the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for 2013 would have been over with 1.7million students left alone to jostle for the 520,000 admission spaces in tertiary institutions in Nigeria.

It will be recalled that on April 27, 1,629,102 candidates wrote the Paper-Pencil Test (PPT), while 15,008 candidates did the Dual-Based Test, bringing the total number of candidates to1,644,110.

Similarly, on 18th May to June 1st, the second phaseof the 2013 UTME known asComputer-Based Test would have been ended with 91,610 candidates writing the examination.

For those who meet JAMB cut-off marks for universities, polytechnics, monotechnics and colleges of education, their chances of securing admission is slim as they are still going to face the challenge of beating their choice institution’s cut-off mark.

In other words, meeting JAMB cut-off score does not guarantee automatic admission into any tertiary institution in Nigeria, if you do not meet your chosen institution’s cut-off score which is usually higher than that of JAMB.

Over the years, many students who met JAMB cut-off score (often between 160-180) had ended up not getting admission as they could not meet the cut-off marks of their universities of choice and so could not sit for the aptitude test.

What next? Post-UTME? Yes. “It is a must” says all tertiary institutions. According to some universities, thisis the only trusted examination where they can assess the true academic performance ofany student seeking admission into their schools.

Thus, a student who scored 250 in JAMB can end up scoring 150 in post-UTME conducted and supervised by each institution.

I know of a student who scored 240 and above in 2012 UTME who did not pass his post-UTME.

The question many parents and students are asking is: Must students be subjected to this rigorous process before getting admissioninto tertiary institutions, as many students have to travel hundreds of kilometres to stay for two or more days for post-UTME?

However, the question begging for an answer from concerned stakeholders in the sector is: With the examination malpractice that characterised the just-concluded UTME paper-pencil test, can institutions be blamed for insisting on post-UTME before admitting a student?

Professor Dibu Ojerinde after the release of last week’s UTME result said; “The results of 68,309 candidates from variouscentres are undergoing further screening to ascertain their culpabilities while 12,110 candidates’ results are withheld for possible disciplinary action.”

He lamented that no fewer than 10 centres were guilty of examination malpractice as invigilators and supervisors connived withstudents to cheat.

Besides, another point to consider in UTME admission process which calls for urgent attention, is the rationale behind sellingof 1.7 million forms to students when JAMB knows that there are only 520,000 available spaces for students in ourtertiary institutions.

Similarly, in 2012, they sold registration forms to about 1.5 million students when they were fully aware of only 500,000 spaces.

The trend which has been on for years is giving stakeholders concern. They said that JAMB seems only interested inthe profit generated from the sales of forms and not really in the admission of students.

If the available admission spaces are just 500,000, why allow the sale of forms to the tune of 1.7 million when they know that the remaining 1.2 million candidates will be left unadmitted?

Let us assume all UTME candidates read and prepared adequately for the examination and scored above 250 both in UTME and post-UTME, what will JAMB and the various institutions of higher learning do to admit all the 1.7 million students?

These inadequacies are probably why stakeholders are requesting for more universities, expansion of present universities and upgrading of our polytechnics to universities.

This shortage of admission space might be the reason why students study abroad including neighbouring African countries.

Statistics from JAMB Registrar revealed that many students who sat for the 2013 UTME still preferred the university system to any other as 1,670,833 candidates applied for universities, 28,977 for polytechnics, 28,445 for colleges of education while just 25 people applied for innovative enterprise institutes.

But where are the university spaces for these 1.7 million? Just like the argument of Stephen Agada, a 2013 UTME candidate who scored 247 in 2012 without admission, and scored 205 in 2013 who said;

“When I saw my score, I was surprised because I prepared hard and the questions were very simple. After the examination, I came back home to cross check what I wrote and discovered that I should score nothing less than 250, but to my dismay, I was given 205. I can contest my scores in the four subjects,” he added.

Could there be some level of politics played on some students’ results because of the few admission spaces?”
Reacting to this, Professor Ngozi Osarenren reiterated that the only way to salvage our education sector from imminent collapse is to allow each university to conduct its entrance examination, adding that by so doing, universities would be able to determine the quality of students they admit.

“I still maintain my position that post- UTME is the sure way of maintaining sanity in the admission process. Until each university starts conducting admission examination, that is when sanity will be brought into the system.”

Also reacting, the Dean of Education, University of Calabar, Professor Florence Banku Obi who commended the JAMB registrar for his various moves to curb examination malpractice, however, lamented that

JAMB candidates are devising new methods yearly to cheat as it has become their culture.
She said; “How are we sure that those who scored 300 and above were not among those who cheated but escaped being caught as JAMB registrar cannot be in every place? Unfortunately, those who supposed to supervise themin many of those centres connived with JAMB candidates.”

According to Obi, this is to confirm that there is a lot of malpractice going on in the system.

“I will use this opportunity to call on the National Assembly to enact a law that will enable each university to conduct examination for qualified candidates. This will reduce examination malpractice and produce the right candidates for admission,” she said.

Source:Vanguard newspaper

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/exam-malpractice-justifies-post-utme/
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by kelviola(m): 10:55am On May 09, 2013
[/color][color=]For[b]For[/b]For the wise once...this the time yoiu can upgrade your score.....just try and upgrade you score don't think jamb will just remark everything..even if there are errors they review all but the error are for some not all... So you don't know if it will favour you or not! So I advise that the money you are supposed to buy jamb form next year just use it to upgrade your score and gain admission....if you want help to upgrade call this numbers.....07056024327 or 08165029201. Please you know it has a limited time do it fast...wish you success
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by buccunmie(m): 11:12am On May 09, 2013
gboss4sure: If you no read book how can you expect to pass? Those that read books did pass while those that relied on leaked paper and runs failed, is as simple as ABCD. At least one small gurl i know dat normally shakes her small bum bum got 40.. that is the result of shaking bum bum.
U b real mugu, u wanna tell me dat all d candidates dt read got over 200? U must b kidin me seriously.
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by Olumidzti(m): 11:41am On May 09, 2013
Why would I support remarking? Most of the students I knew wanted to write Jamb weren't serious before the exam. Why should someone who depend on runz pass? My view? I think they've probably been letting pple off the hook in previous years.
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by safejourney: 12:37pm On May 09, 2013
If the available admission spaces are just 500,000, why allow the sale of forms to the tune of 1.7 million when they know that the remaining 1.2 million candidates will be left unadmitted?

Let us assume all UTME candidates read and prepared adequately for the examination and scored above 250 both in UTME and post-UTME, what will JAMB and the various institutions of higher learning do to admit all the 1.7 million students?

Thanks for your comment "Fynestboi"
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by oge4real(f): 4:17pm On May 09, 2013
My younger brother scored 178 in 2012 and 2013. I am still too shocked at the coincidence.
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by idlatest(m): 5:28pm On May 09, 2013
I suport dat
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by Fynestboi: 7:35am On May 10, 2013
In 2009, A Similar incident happened, especially with the science students, It was resolved that a wrong programmed computer was used to mark their scripts(physics ­). House of Reps summons over National Poor performance, and finally, it was remarked.

Following the incident, a Friend of ours Rose from 218 to246, while another rose from 193 to 245.

And naw Reps summon JAMB Registrar over mass failure expecting remarking soon
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by Olumidzti(m): 2:48pm On May 10, 2013
safe journey: If the available admission spaces are just 500,000, why allow the sale of forms to the tune of 1.7 million when they know that the remaining 1.2 million candidates will be left unadmitted?

Thanks for your comment "Fynestboi"

to use a mild word, your comment lacks logic. Jamb can sell forms as much as they want. What you're saying is like 7 people applying for 2 slots is too much. Are you living in Jupiter? Coz anywhere on earth, it's acceptable. And your second is the worst. How can 'all' utme candidates score 250 & above? You need to stop smoking weed when you want to type/comment.
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by paul234(m): 4:24pm On May 10, 2013
GOOD NEWS: 5 Ways To Gain Admission Without Jamb!!!
Be the first of your friends to read this article by clicking here https://www.nairaland.com/1286098/good-news-5-ways-gain#15661009
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by papindinho(m): 8:51pm On May 10, 2013
It would be good if we can just discuss the issues raised and not the persons speakin. Arrgh!!
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by Boladearo(m): 9:13pm On May 10, 2013
Esss: "Why would anybody wanna fail the same examination twice at once?!"

Sexkillz #Ex-JAMBITE (1998 - 2006)
U don get experience pass Dibu him self, 8years of buying jamb form, you go don b'come customer for jamb oh, God forbid it for me(us)
Re: Would You Support The Remarking Of Utme Exam? by Fynestboi: 9:21am On May 11, 2013
Boladearo:
U don get experience pass Dibu him self, 8years of buying jamb form, you go don b'come customer for jamb oh, God forbid it for me(us)
awen o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

List Of Scholarships Approaching Deadline, Apply Here Now / Question & Ans About Sbrs Exam And The Form / Protest Rocks UNN As VC, Prof. Charles Igwe Increases School Fees By 100% (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.