Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,753 members, 7,965,836 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 10:35 PM

Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. (54933 Views)

How My Family Friend Accidentally Crushed His 4year Old Son's Hand / I’m Sad! Mum Is Having An Affair Six Month’s After Dad’s Death’ / His Friend And His Wife Are Having An Affair! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by tanidabi: 10:47pm On May 09, 2013
@ whyme222 be careful what you choose to do,while not justifying what your wife did,say to u,what if the nxt wife cheats on u,even if u married her as a virgin,nd what if the tables were turned sincerely ask God to teach you wht to do,if u live her she will also move on too,women are not so crazy abt marriage anymore,at least if u live her she's free to sleep with someone else,and am sure she did not plan to cheat I've heard worse stories nd they resolved it to become stronger.God will help u
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Toks2008(m): 10:52pm On May 09, 2013
OP in few minutes from now, this thread will be forgotten so i implore you to take the advice of married folks on this thread.

Divorcing her is no guarantee that you wil not marry a woman that will not only cheat with a family friend but with even closer people to you.

By forgiving her and not divorcing her,GOD i believe will automatically promote you beyond your widest dream because you would have impressed baba GOD himself so think about it.

2 Likes

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Jman06(m): 10:52pm On May 09, 2013
4get that trash u are talkn abt bible and divorce.A man is different from a woman,d ego of a man is totally rubished when his wife cheats on him,a woman can easily live with an infidel husband in our society,but a man can't withstand d shame,infact a cheatn wife reduces her husband 2 a nobody.this is africa 4 crying out loud.
debrief08: Na wa oh! What a thread to be saved for future purposes. Op sorry for your situation, will come to you later on.
Imagiine my shck at this thread, see people throwing divorce up and down and very considerate of the OPs feelings, again na wa oh.
So adultery has suddenly becoome so painful that people foorget their bibles and "Gods hate divorce" "divorce is not an optin" verses today.
The is shocking for nairaland, if it were a woman who posted her her feelings will not even be addressed but for a man see clear differences;

1. No body blamed the Op and asked him "what were you doing wrong to push her to cheat, a woman satisfied at home won't go eating outside"

2. Ask him to make himself better, loose some weight, dress better, give her more money

3. No one asked him to go on his knees and fast and pray

Haba people see how divorce suddenly became 85 percent acceptable in this nairaland oh.
Thanks for TVC at least being consistent not minding the gender of the Poster.

My advice for the poster, take your time, see a couselor I recommed Jerome if you are in Lagos, not so you can get back but so you can figure out calmly what the next step you want is.
Adutery hurts, it opens feelings nothing else stirs so much pain and tears at once, so really people who are not ready to be faithful should stay off marriage, women feel this way all the time and still don't get e$pathy rather take the blame for their husbands cheating ways.
The kind of hurt many people bottle up from adultery is ammazing and sad.
I wish you the best what ever you decide$
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by shagaman: 10:55pm On May 09, 2013
No comment....i cant imagine,its not easy ,somebody robberbastin your wife,just imagine its someone you know and the guy get Extra terestrial Jagumo....This is so crazy.....

Its both ways ,men cheat,women cheat
Men cheat + Women Cheat= Cheaters........
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by yoddy01: 10:56pm On May 09, 2013
Jman06: If that bitch remains in ur house,i bet even ur gateman wll have a taste of her honey pot.I wonder why some ppl think that a man should not get a divorce when it's necessary#4giveness my foot#
I wont be surprised if you are not married. If our mothers or fathers left their marriage when their spouses cheated, I wonder how many married couples will remain today. Poster, this is one of the reasons why I said you should not discuss with family or friends. They will mislead you.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Toks2008(m): 11:00pm On May 09, 2013
yoddy01:
I wont be surprised if you are not married. If our mothers or fathers left their marriage when their spouses cheated, I wonder how many married couples will remain today. Poster, this is one of the reasons why I said you should not discuss with family or friends. They will mislead you.

Lets face it, its not an easy thing to forgive and forget but if you are married, you will realize that its not equally easy to divorce your spouse. GOD will help you OP. Just find a place in your heart to forgive her.

1 Like

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by yoddy01: 11:02pm On May 09, 2013
Jman06: 4get that trash u are talkn abt bible and divorce.A man is different from a woman,d ego of a man is totally rubished when his wife cheats on him,a woman can easily live with an infidel husband in our society,but a man can't withstand d shame,infact a cheatn wife reduces her husband 2 a nobody.this is africa 4 crying out loud.
Please save the african rubbish. You think women do not have emotions? The hurt a man feels is the same as the hurt a woman feels when she is cheated on. It is people like you that brainwash our women, by making them feel infidelity is a normal thing. Nobody deserves to be cheated on PERIOD. Let the poor man work on his marriage and stop adding fuel to fire.

3 Likes

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Jman06(m): 11:03pm On May 09, 2013
It means go and chew soap
biolabee:

dude,,,not cool angry
if everyone behaved like you, we would back in the days of babel

, pls anyone in the house can you translate what this is
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by emiye(m): 11:09pm On May 09, 2013
Toks2008:

Who be this? Are you married?

I am emiye and single.

Btw, who be you? i almost asked you if you are happily married.

I have made my point, i am certain the OP can not heal without separation, if at all he wants to keep his relationship

@Toks2008, i read your story, i wish you the best, your wife seems smart by separating from you for now, i will advice you cut communication with her temporarily, stop unsettling her with your calls and FB msgs, abscence makes the heart grow fonder, if she still loves you.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Toks2008(m): 11:14pm On May 09, 2013
emiye:

I am emiye and single.

I have made my point, i am certain the OP can not heal without separation, if at all he wants to keep her relationship

@Toks2008, i read your story, i wish you the best, your wife seems smart by separating from you for now, i will advice you cut communication with her temporarily, stop unsettling her with your calls and FB msgs, abscence makes the heart grow fonder, if she still loves you.

I quite appreciate your contribution. Nevertheless i believe you are still in the theoretic stage, when you get to the practical session then you will be more justified to contribute.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Jman06(m): 11:16pm On May 09, 2013
D earlier u get a divorce d better 4 u unless u want 2 die b4 ur time.There are many women out there who are ready 2 love nd make u happy 4 d rest of ur life.
WhyMe222: Thanks everyone for your contributions. You have all spoken well. I love my wife and I love my daughter silly. I leave no stone unturned in taking care of my family cos that is the only reason I go out daily (To provide for them). Her friends are a testimony to my capability in taking care of her. Her colleagues in both her former work place and the present one all appreciate for her what she has in terms of her marriage and husband. So there is no gain saying I may not have been leaving up to my expectations as a hubby.

In the last 8 months I have tried to heal, I have tried to see how we can work around it, I have also tried living like it never happened. In all this, none seem to be working. I loved my wife and that is why I have made all these efforts but the torture I live through will never go away and for this singular reason I feel there is no need going on like this. At the moment, I am only tolerating her and that is not good for marriage; reason I said marriage is not meant to be endured. Can there ever be a time I will not remember the incident? Can there ever be a time I will laugh it off and not hurt instead? The sex is dead; No urge because she repulses me and there is no way I will think of S£X with her without remembering what they did. So how can one live in this manner?

God help me.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by BB12(f): 11:25pm On May 09, 2013
@ Op: may the Lord heal you broken heart. Please pray, think, pray and re-think before you make your final decisions.

May the Lord order your steps. Be strong, for the sake of your daughter ok? It is well!
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by nenergy(m): 11:26pm On May 09, 2013
I almost shed tears. Honestly i don't know what to say. One thing i've learnt is that Forgiveness is a seed. Follow your heart!
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by emiye(m): 11:28pm On May 09, 2013
Toks2008:

I quite appreciate your contribution. Nevertheless i believe you are still in the theoretic stage, when you get to the practical session then you will be more justified to contribute.

That is the fallacy some people operate with. I have seen an unmarried kid sister save her elders sisters marriage (a long story i wont go in to). Life is not simply black and white. Always open your mind to learn.

1 Like

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Toks2008(m): 11:31pm On May 09, 2013
emiye:

That is the fallacy some people operate with. I have seen an unmarried kid sister save her elders sisters marriage (a long story i wont go in to). Life is not simply black and white. Always open your mind to learn.

I am sure this kid sister did not advice divorce.
emiye:

I am emiye and single.

I have made my point, i am certain the OP can not heal without separation, if at all he wants to keep his relationship

@Toks2008, i read your story, i wish you the best,your wife seems smart by separating from you for now, i will advice you cut communication with her temporarily, stop unsettling her with your calls and FB msgs, abscence makes the heart grow fonder, if she still loves you.

You even lack maturity and decorum in the way you address issues so can't you see that you don't have what it takes to contribute in a constructive manner? No offense intended but just wondering.

You can't and will never understand marital issues until you are married. This is the truth.

1 Like

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by yoddy01: 11:37pm On May 09, 2013
Jman06: D earlier u get a divorce d better 4 u unless u want 2 die b4 ur time.There are many women out there who are ready 2 love nd make u happy 4 d rest of ur life.

What is going to kill him? Have you dated any of the women that are ready to love? Do you know their ins and outs? You are talking like a child.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by logica(m): 11:43pm On May 09, 2013
yoddy01:
Please save the african rubbish. You think women do not have emotions? The hurt a man feels is the same as the hurt a woman feels when she is cheated on.
As usual comparing male and female. Of course the possible result of a husband cheating is different from a wife cheating. With the husband cheating, it could lead to a child born out of wedlock and who may even go undiscovered by the wife till the husband's death. For a wife cheating, it could lead to the man raising another man's child as his. For a woman who thinks it's the same, I wish I could find a way to hypnotize you for 18 years to think the child you are raising is yours, then bring you down to earth (with a snap of a finger and out of the trance) by telling you the child is not yours.

I do not know the circumstances of the OP's marriage, but let's say I agree with what many women think: a cheat will always cheat again, and again and again. grin Or have our women suddenly forgotten this? Forgiving a cheat will only give her certificate to cheat again; after all she already knows she will be forgiven. Abi?
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Nobody: 11:43pm On May 09, 2013
Perfect husband.(Make I hear)
Anyway op ur wife isn't sorry,she only is sorry she got caught.yeah.
I don't support infidelity.at all.
But something tells me that if it was a woman who's suffering this now,majority of the people would be saying 'forgive him'
'Show him love and respect,
'Are u sure u r doing ur duties well as a wife'
'Anyway just thank God he's not doing it to ur face'
And bla bla bla.
Hypocrites!
Op sorry o.at least one man now knows how we ladies feel when u go around sowing ur wild oats.

3 Likes

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by emiye(m): 11:44pm On May 09, 2013
Toks2008:

The situation is different, the bible accepts divorce in case of sexual immorality.

I recommend divorce for the OP not necessarily jst because his wife cheated on him, but the strings of circumstances surrounding the situation.

he is not happy with the wife for goodness sake,the lady also has emotional needs, they are now two strangers living together, and it wont get better if they continue to stay together. A temporary or permanent breakup is the way forward

3 Likes

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Mboi: 11:46pm On May 09, 2013
WhyMe222: Thank you everyone for your kind words and suggestions. May God bless you all.

On the paternity of my daughter, I have no doubt she is my flesh and blood because of the striking resemblance. She is a replica of my mum.

I want to forgive her and move past this period and work on the marriage, this is the reason why we have stayed together till this moment. I had the chance of informing both parents last Christmas but I chose not to with the hope we will survive it and move on. Yeah my wife is remorseful. She has tried in her own way to make amends but truth be told, it is not easy. I cannot lƠ̴͡Ơ̴͡k at her and not wonder how she got to that hotel, took her clothes off, slept with her colleague/our family friend, left and I possibly went to pick her up when she got closer home in our usual fashion, she came back and carried my daughter, forming mother and wife, slept on the same bed with me (Oh Lord I must have been so foolish), and lƠ̴͡Ơ̴͡k me in the face to tell me she loves me. And then they repeated same thing few days later, and again and possibly again and again and again until I made the discovery. They claim it was just a few times cos I have spoken with the devil himself.

Before breaking the news to her after my discovery, I made her unlock her phone so I went straight to their BBM chats. Their BBM conversation and email correspondence lend credence to the fact that, they didn't just sleep with each other out of raging hormones, they were actually having an amorous affair. A supposed wife!

I wish there is a reset button so I can reset my memory and move on in my marriage cos I ĺOVƐ my wife and for the sake of our adorable daughter. But how will I cope in this misery she has put me in? Right now I don't feel anything for her anymore. I snap sometimes no matter how much I try not to. Even the way I relate with her. Our usual pet name "НONEY" is so heavy in mouth now that I just mumble it when I need to call her attention for anything.

I feel my best option is a dissolution. Marriage is meant to be enjoyed and not endured. Yes I know it has its up and downs and we have had our fare share and gone past through it. This one is bigger than me. I don wanna die young or age faster than I should cos I have noticed some rapid changes.

Meanwhile, I made her confess because she was trying to be economical with the details initially. Let me also mention that in all this, I never raised a finger at her. I am one with an absolute self control. I don't subscribe to violence in any form.

God help me.
My brother,try to be a man. Take this as one of the challenges men face in this world and ur ability to orcome it confirms you the man but,u have to take few steps if you want to overcome this trauma. First u must let her parents know but don't let anybody in ur own family know for now. After that ask her to stay in her parents house with ur daughter for a while pending the time ur condition improves. Yes people including ur own people will know u people have issues but don't tell anyone yet exactly what she did. Go sometimes to see ur daughter then if like after some months you still feel your body does no longer accept her then you can file for divorce. While she's away, you must have to to everything possible to keep urself happy and forget what happens because if you have high BP and die, just 2months she will forget you coz she has plan b.If while doing this and her mother kind of support her, or after sometimes she with her people starts feeling you are taking too much, my bother thank ur God coz he has delivered u from lions den.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Toks2008(m): 11:46pm On May 09, 2013
emiye:

The situation is different, the bible accepts divorce in case of sexual immorality.

I recommend divorce for the OP not necessarily jst because his wife cheated on him, but the strings of circumstances surrounding the situation.

he is not happy with the wife for goodness sake,the lady also has emotional needs, they are now two strangers living together, and it wont get better if they continue to stay together. A temporary or permanent breakup is the way forward

ok sir. Noted
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by emiye(m): 11:52pm On May 09, 2013
Toks2008:

You even lack maturity and decorum in the way you address issues so can't you see that you don't have what it takes to contribute in a constructive manner? No offense intended but just wondering.

You can't and will never understand marital issues until you are married. This is the truth.

You lost the tag of maturity and decorum, when you asked the condescending question "who be this?, are you married"

Action and reaction are equal but opposite

2 Likes

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Danfo(m): 11:58pm On May 09, 2013
OP,

Having examined all your comments thus far, I can tell you from John Street that she was not prepared to stop the infidelity, if not that you found out unexpectedly.

The implication of the above statement is that SHE WILL DO IT AGAIN under permitting circumstances.Take it or leave it alone.

The call is definitely yours bro... but know that if she stays SHE WILL DO IT AGAIN.

Best wishes to you in arriving at a wise decision on this very sensitive matter.

3 Likes

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Toks2008(m): 12:31am On May 10, 2013
Danfo: OP,

Having examined all your comments thus far, I can tell you from John Street that she was not prepared to stop the infidelity, if not that you found out unexpectedly.

The implication of the above statement is that SHE WILL DO IT AGAIN under permitting circumstances.Take it or leave it alone.

The call is definitely yours bro... but know that if she stays SHE WILL DO IT AGAIN.

Best wishes to you in arriving at a wise decision on this very sensitive matter.

On the final note, i believe you should give her the benefit of doubt and forgive her. If she does it again then get a pos and make it a public disgrace but for now please forgive her if you love her and if she is truly sorry.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by dinggle: 12:32am On May 10, 2013
Tell her you love her and that is why you want a divorce, and if she loves you she should take it in good faith, you need to heal and move on. Keep a respectable relationship with her for the sake of your daughter.
Good-luck! I mean the natural Good-luck! not the shoes-less man who uses fuel hike to punish the poor in the society.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by yoddy01: 12:47am On May 10, 2013
logica: As usual comparing male and female. Of course the possible result of a husband cheating is different from a wife cheating. With the husband cheating, it could lead to a child born out of wedlock and who may even go undiscovered by the wife till the husband's death. For a wife cheating, it could lead to the man raising another man's child as his. For a woman who thinks it's the same, I wish I could find a way to hypnotize you for 18 years to think the child you are raising is yours, then bring you down to earth (with a snap of a finger and out of the trance) by telling you the child is not yours.

I do not know the circumstances of the OP's marriage, but let's say I agree with what many women think: a cheat will always cheat again, and again and again. grin Or have our women suddenly forgotten this? Forgiving a cheat will only give her certificate to cheat again; after all she already knows she will be forgiven. Abi?
Do you even make sense to yourself? does the fact that the child remains unknown change the fact that a child is born out of wedlock? If you are to even look at it from a compassionate point of view, the woman having the child is better, because that way the child has the love of two parents, even if one of them is not the biological parent. Whereas in the man's case, the man might not even acknowledge or have a relationship with the child. Children in this kind of case grow up with lots of self esteem issues. Cheating is cheating, be it man or woman. Nobody should define infidelity by sex. That is just crap

4 Likes

Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by edrys(m): 12:48am On May 10, 2013
I was short of words when I stumbled on this post, I must confess I'm utterly dumbfonded.

First, continue to seek God's guidance, I won't say you haven't but He has a reason for letting you pass through this horrible side of marriage despite from your words how committed you must have been.

Secondly, at times we don't appreciate what we have until they got lost, I will implore you to seek the truth because it will surely set you free. Have a heart to heart talk with your Wife, it will be better for you to know what led her to this (was she been coerced or blackmailed into doing this, which she eventually enjoys. Or was she trying to help you and the marriage on reasons best known to her, thereby finding solace in a family friends.

I salute your courage and perseverance, I must confess I wonder why bad things happen to good people. On the issue of your daughter if you are convincingly sure she is yours cos of the resemblance to your Mum, but wait O, which kind of good Mother will continue to have affairs outside her matrimonial home when breastfeeding her child, that could wreck havoc on the Child on d long run.

Just take time away from her and see if things will work out, if not may God guide to make a good decision.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by pekelepekele(m): 1:08am On May 10, 2013
Don't divorce her because of that . I am not saying it doesn't worth it but if you will listen to me it will help you a lot and mostly for the sake of your daughter . Almost all women are into that sh1t , divorcing her for the next woman that will surely come soon or later won't help things because you are not so sure of what that one will also do .

Women these days undecided
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by logica(m): 1:10am On May 10, 2013
yoddy01:
Do you even make sense to yourself?
I am sure I make perfect sense to those with much more than 3 connected neurons.
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Iykeponti(m): 1:27am On May 10, 2013
johnny handsom:

Ikpu gbawa nne gi there anumpama
AJO NWA si azu ulo ba nne ya afo! grin grin
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by Carius(m): 1:32am On May 10, 2013
I find it funny that people are advicing d op to seek God's face;mehn,if na me I would be seeking God's koboko or better still his cutlass...can't stomach this! grin grin grin
Re: Broken & Dejected: Found Out Wife Is Having An Affair With A Family Friend. by yoddy01: 1:44am On May 10, 2013
logica: I am sure I make perfect sense to those with much more than 3 connected neurons.
if u say so sir. Immaturity is a disease too you know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Should I Tell My Dad About My Cheating Stepmom? / Anja Ringgren Lovén Marks 4 Years She Rescued Hope, A Child Branded As Witch / Must See Photos From An Abuja Baby Shower With Three Gorgeous Mummies To Be

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.