Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,623 members, 7,979,109 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 08:35 PM

How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson (33989 Views)

Most Ladies On NL Are Becoming Rude, Ill Mannered And Boastful!!! / Why Are The Handsome Men Less Boastful Than The Ugly Ones / Why Are Married Men Boastful (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Cherish100(f): 12:12pm On May 10, 2013
So ordering so much food at an eatery means you have eaten his money and taught him a lesson? Wow, that is so funny. How much food can you eat to finish the money of a hardworking man with huge investments? Why not take him to a car dealer and let him buy you a nice ride?
Some girls act cheap even without knowing it and tomorrow when the guy has spent so much money on you, has se.x with you and loses interest you say all men are the same. Meanwhile in the beginning, you made it clear you took him for a fool. If you don't like his bragging attitude, kindly tell him. You should act mature and he will respect you for it.

4 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Niftyrules(m): 12:32pm On May 10, 2013
Popowaa: Ever Gone On A Date With A Braggart Before?

I went out on a date on Sunday with this guy who had this very amazing personality. We started talking and I was initially enjoying it till he started bragging. He bragged throughout the night about what he has achieved in his young life, flaunting his phones and how he has travelled around the world and all those unnecessary stuff. I was starting to get bored so I pretended to doze off and he shook me up and asked me if I wanted to go home. I just told him he was talking too much so I wanted to go home.

He asked me out on Tuesday and it was even worse than Sunday. The guy bragged so much I decided to teach him a lesson. I ordered so much food I didn't even touch it. He kept asking if I wouldn't eat and I told him I will. This guy was insisting on me ordering more stuff since money is not a problem to him. I ordered more and ordered for a takeaway for my sis. But I swear I didn't eat anything. The guy started complaining when he had to pay saying I had wasted the food and money and I told him he can let them pack it for him. LOL.

He has been calling me since and i ve not not answered.I dont think i want to date a guy like dat but if he insist i will show him pepper.
that doesnt mean you should waste someone else substance. its all good though you ought to tell someone like that the way you feel
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 10, 2013
Cherish100: So ordering so much food at an eatery means you have eaten his money and taught him a lesson? Wow, that is so funny. How much food can you eat to finish the money of a hardworking man with huge investments? Why not take him to a car dealer and let him buy you a nice ride?
Some girls act cheap even without knowing it and tomorrow when the guy has spent so much money on you, has se.x with you and loses interest you say all men are the same. Meanwhile in the beginning, you made it clear you took him for a fool. If you don't like his bragging attitude, kindly tell him. You should act mature and he will respect you for it.
wow this sis soooooooooooooooooooooooooo on point, start your own blog sweety
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by shizzle11(m): 12:42pm On May 10, 2013
@op,
Women(most) and what they want...honestly only God knows. So if the guy had told you or was the opposites like, coming on a bike to pick you then you two will go on a the date on the same bike; told you he trekked thru out secondary school and in fact still treks; talks about how his dad manages to bring N2000 for soup and his mother a housewife, how his younger siblings can't afford school fees at the uni blah blah, would that have made you signify instant love for him Like if he narrates different stories of how he wines and dines with poverty would you be saying these things now?

Bragging or showing off for me is a turn off, but someone telling you how successful he is isn't entirely bragging. One discussion could lead to another. Even when a guy is braggin and you're sick of it, any clever girl will have a way of telling a guy she's had enough by subtly switching topics, any not by making orders and not eating, that is sheer disrespect and stup1dity.

Keep bragging and pretending you don't like guys like him, not picking his calls blah blah as if u don't enjoy his company, (people like you will also boast you can't date poor guys) only God knows if you're not even the one doing the calling and trying the fix the appointments.

Silly hypocryte!

1 Like

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by shizzle11(m): 12:45pm On May 10, 2013
Was expecting to hear about how you rented a two room apartment, opened a boutique in a luxury suburb in Abuja, travelled to Milan to get wares for your shop, bought a honda pilot car, dress like a celebrity etc only to come across this thrash of how you made him buy food in take away packs for you and your sis, hungry gals. Next time, make proper use of your brain and stop broadcasting the fact that a nice looking, young, fulfilled dude accosted you for a r/ship, while pretending not to admire his ways (meanwhile right within you, you're yearning to see more of him)

I hate pretenders, Mtceww!

1 Like

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 12:50pm On May 10, 2013
sanb: @Op; If the bragging irritated you, the best option would’ve been for you to tell him. There’s a possibility he might not have known he was bragging. He just might’ve thought he was entertaining you with his achievements with no harm intended….

You “Dozed-off” on a date? How do you think that made him feel? Out of courtesy/respect for your date; it’s only imperative for one to at least stay awake. May be (and I’m not saying you didn’t contribute to the conversation; cos I wasn’t there) you could’ve said a few things about yourself as well to take the boredom away…..

It just shows you enjoyed his bragging (No offense intended) otherwise why go on a second date? Whatever for ehh….

Have you ever seen a child who goes to sleep without having anything to eat; cos they've no means to get any food? Spare a thought for such ones and think about them when ordering food you won’t eat…millions of people around the world go to bed without food; cos they can’t afford to buy food…..

#Justasking; and I don’t mean to be harsh; but if someone wasted you money like that, how would you feel?

Always remember the saying “What goes around comes around”...

Finally, in this life, one has to tread carefully and not take peoples’ generosity for granted; cos you don’t know how they’ll be of help to you tomorrow….I rest my case…
stay blessed smiley
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by repogirl(f): 1:34pm On May 10, 2013
These guys who brag hardly let you add to the conversation, they like to dominate,Its not bad to dominate but allow d chic talk small and discuss interesting things (likes and hobbies). We know you are proud of your achievements but please summarize and discuss her, her life, goals, achievements, favorite things then chip in one or two of yours. grin. Its all about the chic na, una nor know?
And una chilax on d op abt d food thingy, it was d only ammunition she had at the time nao. Many have done worster but dem go come dey form wise-a'ss for here.

2 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Popowaa: 1:46pm On May 10, 2013
THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING THIS THREAD A SUCCESS.THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE AND BASHES.I ALSO THANK SEUN AND HIS MODERATORS FOR CHANGING MY HEADING AND TAKING TO FRONT PAGE WITHIN SOME FEW MINUTES WHEN I POSTED.I'M VERY GLAD I MADE IT TO FRONT PAGE.GOD RICHLY BLESS ALL OF YOU.

2 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by stuhporh: 1:52pm On May 10, 2013
kulyie: I remember when i was in 2oo level back then,there was this stupid guy braging and ranting so much about how he had so much cash at his disposal and why he worked in one oil company that pays him millions every month.i kept keeping quiet thinking of what i will do with his matter because he came to greet me in my room.so the following day he requested i go out on a date with him.i told my room mates after they came back from wherever they went about the noise tayo was making.so we all decided that he will be our atm to supplement the money we had.we agreed that his own money will be used for our feeding till he wises up so the next day i told him i dont want to go out on a date with him,i want to go to the market to buy food stuffs for me and my roommates.so because he had already bragged that he is this and that,he wanted to impress me,he drove me to the market.omo i made sure we stocked our fridge.we bought 3,ooo frozen turkey,paint bucket size of rice,bokoto 4,ooo,tomato,peper and onions 2,5oo.if you see his boot.it was filled with food stuffs.we cooked and cooked for the next 3 months without going to the market.he did not bother to check me again.as soon as he dropped me in the hostel and dropped the food stuffs,he took off.
For a second, i thought she was talking about me. my name and where i work corresponds,just the salary and d rest didnt gel.
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by mabebe1(f): 2:00pm On May 10, 2013
Were u nt ashamed wen u ordered so much food on ur table, people passin by wil feel embarrassed 4 wat u did. Α̲̅ frnd of mine used 2 call dem poor gals wit poor mentality.

1 Like

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Idowuogbo(f): 2:13pm On May 10, 2013
Popowaa: THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING THIS THREAD A SUCCESS.THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE AND BASHES.I ALSO THANK SEUN AND HIS MODERATORS FOR CHANGING MY HEADING AND TAKING TO FRONT PAGE WITHIN SOME FEW MINUTES WHEN I POSTED.I'M VERY GLAD I MADE IT TO FRONT PAGE.GOD RICHLY BLESS ALL OF YOU.
Lmfao! Cray!!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 10, 2013
Idowuogbo:
wink
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Idowuogbo(f): 2:23pm On May 10, 2013
kulyie: wink
grin grin kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 10, 2013
loswhite: like u did...smh
abeg park well.no just vex me this afternoon.msheww
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 10, 2013
kalunomics: when women in the other parts of the world are breaking grounds... Funny thing is, you will still hear some of them lazy girls rant for gender equality! SMH!

I was banned from the public library for moving all the 'women right books' to the fiction section!
i will have done something worse if i were the libarian for crossing your boundary.some people arranged books and put them where they deemed fit,you took judgement in your own hands and removed them like you were the one that established the library or single handedly bought all the books there.back when i was in school,such actions attract penalty e.g disallowing you to use any school property including sitting for exams and staying in the the hostel.see this one acting stupid o and still feeling cool with himself.orisirisi cheesy

1 Like

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 10, 2013
Idowuogbo:
grin grin kiss kiss
i nor know say you still dey here sef cheesy cheesy awon irritants ti take over o cheesy :*
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Popowaa: 2:40pm On May 10, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by debosky(m): 2:43pm On May 10, 2013
I sense a lot of guys here are expressing anger over their previous experiences of being mugu'd. Not to worry, it's a part of growing up. cheesy

If I had to choose, I'd prefer the lesson teacher that made the guy buy 3 months' food than the food wasting lesson teacher. At least the money was put to good use in the former case. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by biolabee(m): 2:45pm On May 10, 2013
debosky: I sense a lot of guys here are expressing anger over their previous experiences of being mugu'd. Not to worry, it's a part of growing up. cheesy

If I had to choose, I'd prefer the lesson teacher that made the guy buy 3 months' food than the food wasting lesson teacher. At least the money was put to good use in the former case. cheesy

Yes i agree,,, Up Kulyie!!!!

1 Like

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by biolabee(m): 2:46pm On May 10, 2013
rman:

This post confirms my thoughts.

You are lonley and bitter. You may be 40,but you express yourelf like a 20yr old. Unfortunately, girls like you will continue to act like being in a relatiship with a man does not matter, but deep down, you know something is missing.

You have more than 20 posts on this thread alone all in support of a childish way of handling a simple matter. Your support of the poster is a deep rooted hatred for men.

A failed attempt at love does not make everyman evil.

You need to get over your past, or, your were not rasied in a loving caring home.

dude,, stop crapping
You dont know anything about nobody online.. anyone can claim to be what they are or not

Kulyie... nothing do you
when ID Marcos goes on time off, na you go be the next badosky here...

1 Like

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 10, 2013
Popowaa: THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING THIS THREAD A SUCCESS.THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE AND BASHES.I ALSO THANK SEUN AND HIS MODERATORS FOR CHANGING MY HEADING AND TAKING TO FRONT PAGE WITHIN SOME FEW MINUTES WHEN I POSTED.I'M VERY GLAD I MADE IT TO FRONT PAGE.GOD RICHLY BLESS ALL OF YOU.

They kissed your cheek and you presented your a/s/s for phucking?
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Idowuogbo(f): 2:54pm On May 10, 2013
debosky: I sense a lot of guys here are expressing anger over their previous experiences of being mugu'd. Not to worry, it's a part of growing up. cheesy

Character! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Idowuogbo(f): 2:56pm On May 10, 2013
val_dee:

They kissed your cheek and you presented your a/s/s for phucking?
Dey squeezed ya azz and you opened ur legs for drilling? shocked shocked
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Idowuogbo(f): 2:57pm On May 10, 2013
kulyie: i nor know say you still dey here sef cheesy cheesy awon irritants ti take over o cheesy :*
Won ti po to! Kon lo po si wa. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 10, 2013
If there's anyone that has been taken for mugu...Na me. So there is really nothing I have not seen. It's only in Nigeria that girls will use dates as a means to get free food, ask for credit etc. I once went on a date and after I paid for her, paid her tfare, gave her a good time, she still had the nerve to load up her fun. Funny this is one of the good girls in church that form classy. Girls have no self respect anymore. If I where to be the guy in the Ops shoe, it's either u eat the food or pay for it yourself. No one is wasting my hard earned cash like that. It's even rude mannerless and stup.id to go on lunch with someone and not eat the food you ordered. The Op really has no sense. Later women will come and say guys are heartless. So in you, as you where ordering the food in your heart u were like "I'll waste this guys money today. I won't eat the food."

1 Like

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 10, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Dey squeezed ya azz and you opened ur legs for drilling? shocked shocked
lmao cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy nothing wey i no go see for nairaland
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 10, 2013
biolabee:

dude,, stop crapping
You dont know anything about nobody online.. anyone can claim to be what they are or not

Kulyie... nothing do you
when ID Marcos goes on time off, na you go be the next badosky here...
hehehehe cheesy cheesy cheesy you dey mind am cheesy if i tell am say i be 7o years old woman,he to go believe.he don show as he mumu rish cheesy cheesy cheesy bitter woman indeed cheesy to come top am,im con dey preach useless sermon for me. cheesy
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by loswhite(m): 3:24pm On May 10, 2013
rman: Getting back at someone that hasn't done you any harm isn't smart.

Leading a guy on with the sole intention of teaching him a lesson isn't smart.

@Kulyie, when you are in your 30's, your opinion and approach to guys will be completely different. Based on your comments, I can tell you are in your 20's.
and runz girl
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 10, 2013
biolabee:

Yes i agree,,, Up Kulyie!!!!
heheheh ose jare,wa gba yi.even God said he loves a cheerful giver cheesy especially those who give willingly cheesy not with the anticipation that they wll get my vagina in return cheesy 8-)
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 10, 2013

ori e pe jare cheesy cheesy chop knuckle cheesy wink if e dey pain them,make them go carry seun beat so that he go close nairalandcheesy
Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Idowuogbo(f): 3:33pm On May 10, 2013
loswhite: and runz girl
Gbenu oshi sohun! She don runz u b4 ni? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Taught My Boastful Date A Lesson by Nobody: 3:40pm On May 10, 2013
rman:

This post confirms my thoughts.

You are lonley and bitter. You may be 40,but you express yourelf like a 20yr old. Unfortunately, girls like you will continue to act like being in a relatiship with a man does not matter, but deep down, you know something is missing.

You have more than 20 posts on this thread alone all in support of a childish way of handling a simple matter. Your support of the poster is a deep rooted hatred for men.

A failed attempt at love does not make everyman evil.

You need to get over your past, or, your were not rasied in a loving caring home.

shuuuuuoooo cheesycheesy cheesy *claps hand in amusement* i did not know when you became my personal assistant on this thread and any other place in nairaland.you tried o cheesy cheesy if preaching dey hungry you,why you nor go cele,cherubim and sarafim,christ embassy,the synagogue etc tell them say God call you,you wan do pastor work,this one you dey waste your talent for nairaland and if you no like church levels,radio houses full lagos alone,talkless of portharcourt,kano,abuja,katsina.go there na say preaching they hungry you do.enle.mr preacher,preach it cheesy like e dey there the day dem born me abi e follow me leave for under the same roof while i was growing up.anyway they say mediocrity is the mother of baseless and unfounded assumptions so i am not suprised.i dont expect you to know better.enle,ekile o 8-)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

10 "Outdated" Flirting Moves You Should Quit Using / "Older Women Without Husbands Looks, And Act Younger" - Nigerian Lady Says / Have You Ever Broken Someone's Heart Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.