Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,639 members, 7,979,175 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 10:16 PM

Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity (13656 Views)

Jonathan's Aides - Abati And Others Stripped Of Passport / PDP Crisis: Mu’azu, NWC Threaten Jonathan’s Aides, Associates - VANGUARD / Tinubu - Jonathan Better-off In Nollywood Than In Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity by mekaboy(m): 7:45pm On May 10, 2013
Gbawe:

I will say what I want. In case you are too hateful of Ghana to get it, I used the nation as a contextually relevant illustration of a political point. If you cannot comprehend that then that is your own problem. Simple point is that Nigerians, like others, should learn to hold their current leaders, charged with improving their lives, accountable instead of childishly and foolishly mention others, with no government position, every time today's office holders are mentioned.

Others are sophisticated enough not to do this because they know it makes a mockery of those currently empowered, through relevant government positions, to deliver progress yet are not doing so. By the way, stop the attention-seeking antics of writing with capital letters. It shows lack of e-decorum.

Your are ignorant of both GHANA and NIGERIA political history. You contradict urself. There is no future without the past. The challenges we are facing in Nigeria today are problems from the past. It is the past leaders that are pulling nigeria back.

That ghana moved forward at all is because rawlings visited the past leaders and killed them.
Re: Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity by Gbawe: 7:47pm On May 10, 2013
lateef4me: So you think GEJ can do. Something about[b] the blood covenant btw Fashola and Tinubu ?[/b] The deceit,looting of Lagos's treasury by Tinubu cannot continue indefinitely. Their secret will be exposed when another part takes over Alausa.....

For now,Tinubu is innocent until proven guilty !

You are not worth it. How can you be taken seriously when you talk of things they cannot know conclusively? Do you have pictures from witnessing the "blood covenant" between Fashola and Tinubu. Arrant nonsense. While talking inanity, then let me also add that GEJ, Anenih, Tukur and Allison-Madueke also took blood oath at a shrine deep in a Nigerian forest.
Re: Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity by lateef4me(m): 7:56pm On May 10, 2013
So you want to make us believe there is no covenant two those two looters because you are a card carrying member of ACN,,gbawe you are beyond redemption !

God have mercy on your soul !
Re: Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity by Gbawe: 8:16pm On May 10, 2013
lateef4me: So you want to make us believe there is no covenant two those two looters because you are a card carrying member of ACN,,gbawe you are beyond redemption !

God have mercy on your soul !

My dear brother, your soul needs mercy before mine. I don't go around talking like an illiterate about "mammy water" or fetish covenants and things that are hearsay. If you like, believe that Tinubu and Fashola flew into the forest with magical wings to take their "blood covenant". That is your own worry.
Re: Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity by Gbawe: 8:17pm On May 10, 2013
mekaboy:

Your are ignorant of both GHANA and NIGERIA political history. You contradict urself. There is no future without the past. The challenges we are facing in Nigeria today are problems from the past. It is the past leaders that are pulling nigeria back.

That ghana moved forward at all is because rawlings visited the past leaders and killed them.

I thought you did not want to talk about Ghana? My brother, I am not ignorant of any history and I am certainly not contradicting myself. The point remains that Lateef4me and others do not sound logical when, every single time, they are always dragging up the names of those with no government office, as deflection against the correct indictment of those presently failing the nation with the current political offices they hold.
Re: Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity by deletrue: 8:38pm On May 10, 2013
Gbawe:

Are you not ashamed of yourself? Why don't you illustrate the rules my post breaks? You think sucking up to the mod and begging them to ban others permanently will get rid of those you intolerantly want gone merely because you cannot control your own hateful disposition towards what they write? Beg all you want but no one will ban me and I will remain here contributing as I see fit. Work yourself up towards illness for all I care. If you are not suffering from a comprehension deficit, then you will know you are the rule breaker you accuse others to be. If you want pedantism then I will show you 2 rules you have broken.

1. Please post on topic always. Don't derail or tribalize threads.

You could report my post privately if you really had a case rather you prefer egotistically trying to derail the thread via posting off topic. What does you rant against a fellow poster have to do with the topic under discussion?

Also, with your empty treat below, are you not breaking rule number 2:

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.

Finally, if you had the intelligence of a 5 year old you will realise how wrong it is to instigate intolerance against others, on a political forum, merely because of the political Party they support. That is the sort of intolerance that leads to threatening others emptily and wishing you could ALUU them. The mods should ban you permanently instead because you are nothing but a hateful and intolerant nuisance here attacking others instead of the topic.

lucky you are! Very tight, cannot respond now. However, your name is noted.
Re: Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity by mekaboy(m): 8:42pm On May 10, 2013
Gbawe:

I thought you did not want to talk about Ghana? My brother, I am not ignorant of any history and I am certainly not contradicting myself. The point remains that Lateef4me and others do not sound logical when, every single time, they are always dragging up the names of those with no government office, as deflection against the correct indictment of those presently failing the nation with the current political offices they hold.

Yes I don't want to go outside the nigerian boundary, just saying your illustration is wrong. If u understand Nigerian politics you will know that. Most times those who are no longer in office are more influential that those in office.

Like obj asking jonathan to probe him if he can. Like govt chris ngige of anambra state being kidnapped by ubah family that are not in office.
Re: Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity by ibietela2(m): 10:25pm On May 10, 2013
TechyGuy: Now, my previous posts does not mean I support Dokubo. I can not however hide my disgust for the hypocritical way in which the opposition seeks to gain cheap popularity. It's appalling and shows they are the real problem of Nigeria. They are the same people that exonerates Boko Haram giving excuse of poverty and corruption in govt as the reason for the insurgence, same people who did nor said nothing when NYSC members were murdered in numbers when CPC and the Northern leaders were matching words with action.
They kept quiet when churches were torched and bombed severally. They kept quiet when Fashola sacked 800 doctors in one day. They kept quiet when Fashola hiked school fees from N50,000 to N250,000 and said its not compulsory everyone goes to school.

Now they can talk when it comes to GEJ, the SS and so on.

Noo.. Na you miss something. Don’t you know that GEJ has be ruling nigeria sine 1914,that is why they accuse him of everything
Re: Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity by BloggingIq: 12:09am On May 11, 2013
@ mekaboy

you are on point, ride on!
Re: Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity by Nobody: 2:41am On May 11, 2013
Gradually these SW boot lickers are declaring for their masters in the North though the bigger picture is that everybody in the SS would rather go along with the Biafrans and if that is not achievable they would rather go down one by one than remain in this cesspool called Nigeria....what a scumbag called Tinubu. sad
Re: Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity by bloggernaija: 10:34am On May 11, 2013
confusion247:
Hypocrisy is the answer. west is better but people from there are so scared to stand on their own. If a northerner commits crime, people from south west will keep quite, but if it was done by someone from south east or south south, they will start to make unnecessary noise.

Fact :the west is better .you can get every modern convenience without leaving the southwest.from education to international travel/business.every SW state apart from maybe ekiti can stand on its own has a country. The SW is the most peaceful part of nigeria when compared to the population and diversity
Fact: the SW remain the voice of moderation and sanity in this country or else, the north would have eaten the southeast and south south alive a long time ago.
One cannot deny that tinubu statement is partly polical However, GEJ is heed the advise and put his goons under check.he has the most to lose because he is the sitting president
These people seem not to realise that power is transient .
Re: Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 11, 2013
This Tinubu abi Tinibu sef,Why can't he just shut tha Zap Up?av dy forgotten so soon dat we all ar livin in thesame contry Nigeria?Abegi find Solution rather than faults Jare..
Re: Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity by bombay: 7:52pm On May 11, 2013
Tinubu the Akintola of our time

Yoruba's should learn from history

The Hausa-Fulani has no ideals, no ambitions save such as sensual in character. He is a fatalist, spendthrift and a gambler. He is gravely immoral and is seriously diseased that he is a menace to any community to which he seeks to attach himself".

- Lord Lugard in a Letter to his colleague, Walter H. Lang on September 25, 1918.

“Under the circumstances of what has been happening in Plateau State, some people just have to die……Any society that refuses to be just and fair shall become a jungle where only jungle justice shall operate……… Indeed, majority of our killings were carried out in areas where there was strong government presence.”

Mallam Sale Bayero, Fulani leader and secretary Sultan’s Farmer/Cattle Rearers Conflict Committee boasting as he justified the massacre of the Birom people while protesting the arrest of the Fulani murderers in Plateau State of Nigeria, quoted in THE SUN NEWS of Friday, March 12, 2010

Dan Fodio
Some time towards the middle of the second decade of the 1800s (1815 AD or thereabout), Uthman Dan Fodio was reported to have had a scary dream about his Sultanate empire that he had just built. This dream was said to have saddened him that the empire he had spilled so much blood to build would only lasted 200 years. As a courageous warrior that he was, Dan Fodio was reported to have summoned the will to interpret the dream make this prediction abouthe future of his Empire.

According to informed sources as reported by Adewale Adeoye in The Nation of March 14, 2010, this fear of the realization of Dan Fodio’s dream was what informed the hurried movement of the Capital of Nigeria from Lagos to Abuja. The report said inter alia:

“The source hinted that in the 1970s, Northern leaders of Fulani extraction had met and resolved that the capital of Nigeria be moved from Lagos to Abuja, in anticipation of the prophecy of late Uthman Dan Fodio. He said the meeting was

propelled by the dream the then Sultan of Sokoto had that he saw his offsprings, in years to come, being requested to obtain visa permits before entering the Southern part of the country….”

There are a number of deductions that could be made from the above:

a) That the entire Nigeria was and is still regarded as part of the Sultanate Empire of Uthman Dan Fodio.

b) That this is why the Fulani have been exuding this arrogant attitude permeated with the “BORN TO RULE” mentality.

c) That this is why they have always ruled Nigeria as if we are in the middle ages and consider the wealth of Nigeria as theirs to dispense as they see fit.

d) That the recent liberation struggles in Birom, Niger Delta, and the rest of the South, west or east is being seen as the beginning of the end of the Sultanate Empire by the Fulani people

e) That the Fulani people have been scheming and preparing to get ready for when they would leave or be chased out of Nigeria.

It is this writer’s view that there is nothing wrong if the Fulani have to pull out of Nigeria to sustain and maintain the remnant of their Sultanate Empire. It would definitely serve all concerned very well. But this writer is not convinced that the Fulani would let go very easily, regardless of their palpitation about the dreams of Uthman Dan Fodio. They are going to fight hard. Anyone familiar with their trickery and how they subdued all the fledgling Hausa States one after the other, using Hausa masses against their kings would agree with this writer.

To this extent, I disagree with Lord Lugard that the Fulani (let us leave the Hausa ethnic nationality out for now), “has no ambition.” The Fulani has ambitions and great ones at that. The Fulani ambition is to always rule others whether they (Fulani) have the capacity to do so or not. The Fulani liked and still likes his empires, at least that of Uthman Dan Fodio has been in place before Lord Lugard ever was born.

It is this inherent ambition that forced the Fulani to develop the methodology to use religion to mobilize the Hausa critical mass against their own Hausa rulers and replaced them with blue-blooded turban-carrying Fulani rulers as Emirs across what used to be Hausa kingdoms. As time goes on, the Fulani sought ways to modernize its means of extending the frontiers of the Sultanate and refined its tool that was used against the Hausa Kingdoms in preparation for the conquest of the ethnic nationalities in Nigeria.

What the Fulani came up with was a different brand of what they did to the Hausa kings and empires. The Fulani concluded that because of cultural and religious factors, it would not be easy to use the critical mass of other ethnic nationalities in Nigeria to be able to supplant the leaders of these ethnic nationalities. So, the Fulani to sustain its ambition to rule and dominate, cultivated corrupt satellites in every ethnic nationality in Nigeria while politically annihilating the true leaders of other ethnic nationalities.

In 1957, during the heated battles for self government and independence, Sir Ahmadu Bello referred to Nigeria as “The mistake of 1914.” To correct this “mistake” a meticulous plan to dominate the future Nigerian Armed Forces was surreptitiously embarked upon while the British was helping out on the political front manufacturing Parliamentary seats for the North against the South of Nigeria. Thus, barely six months after independence, Sir Ahmadu Bello was able to say with confidence in the Daily Times of May 3, 1961, the following:

“I’m set and fully armed, to conquer the Action Group, AG, in the same ruthless manner as my grandfather conquered Alkalawa, a town in Sokoto province, during the last century.”

The writer would like readers to pay due attention to the words used by Sir. Bello, in this quote. He used the word “conquer” not "negotiate." Ahmadu Bello executed this desired conquest of the West as he had planned. Though, it backfired temporarily as it consumed him a number of years later, but the Fulani sentries in the Caliphate Armed Forces euphemized as the Nigerian Armed Forces along with its surviving civilian wing have adopted Sir. Ahmadu Bello’s method of propping up political, economic and religious satellites in all ethnic nationalities in Nigeria to be able to maintain control from Abuja, Sokoto and or Gobir, the birthplace of Uthman Dan Fodio.

It would be alright, if the Fulani could live with others as others are willing and prepared to live with them in Nigeria and other parts of West Africa, at least. In Nigeria, there has been more than 100years of evidence that various ethnic Nationalities have accommodated, loved respected and cared for the Fulani in their midst. There are abundant evidence that the Fulani have been treated as fellow human beings and accorded the same rights that the host have always enjoyed.

But it is very unfortunate that the Fulani has not had the same “live and let live” approach to other ethnic Nationalities in Nigeria. The Fulani concept of living is that others have to die, so that the Fulani may live. As far as the Fulani are concerned, other peoples of other ethnic nationalities are second rate slaves to be used, dumped, maimed, Molested or killed for the good of the Fulani man. The Fulani see Nigeria as his great grandfather’s inheritance to be toyed with as he wishes and as he wants. This attitude of Fulani makes him believe that he has to rule wherever he is, regardless of his comparative intelligence and capability to that of his host among other reasons.

Presenting a paper reviewing Paul M. Lewis’ book Ethnologue: Languages of the World, (16th Edition), to a study group in Philadelphia recently, Professor Wola Awoyale, a linguist at the University of Pennsylvania noted that the Fulani are recent immigrants in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, Benin Republic, Guinea, Senegal, Niger, Mali and Sudan. The Fulani symbol is turban, flag, alukimba, mosque and book. The Fulani are “a very creative” people who are often very “tight-lipped, silent and secretive” in their approach. They are very “mistrusting, calculating and patient.”

The Fulani are described as “cold blooded and ideological.” They are “ascetic, reclusive and tough-minded.” The Fulani places premium on the role of the mosque in its culture and this is why in all of Nigeria, a Fulani would not be a part of Jamaa (the congregation) where another man of different ethnic stock is leading muslims in prayers.

The Fulani language Fulfude with its variations in Fulah, Pulaar and or Pular are very highly priced. It is their weapon to discuss in secrecy and manipulate and carry out their machinations. The Fulani will freely learn the languages of others as a means of infiltrating them for economic, political and religious advantages while rarely speaking Fulfulde in the presence of others.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity by bombay: 9:44pm On May 11, 2013
The true meaning of APC (Arewa People's Congress) (APC)
Re: Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 14, 2013
locdog: if gej want win next election, he have to contest on anoda party platform, because I don't think he can win primaries under pdp

So, GEJ shd go to APC and win, otu ocha!
Re: Tinubu - Jonathan’s Aides Threatening Nigeria’s Unity by osaxx: 11:03pm On Jun 03, 2013
2iic: National Leader, Action Congress of Nigeria, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, has warned loyalists and aides of President Goodluck Jonathan against taking the unity of Nigeria for granted and setting the country on fire.

Tinubu, the former Lagos State governor, said in Lagos on Thursday that the utterances of friends and aides of Jonathan had the potential of putting the unity of the country in jeopardy.

The ACN stalwart spoke as the guest of honour at the presentation of Lest I Forget: Memoirs of a Nigerian Career Diplomat, written by Amb Oladapo Fafowora. Tinubu was represented by ACN National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed.

Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta Affairs, Mr. Kingsley Kuku, and Leader, Niger Delta Peoples Volunteers Force, Alhaji Mujaheed Dokubo-Asari, were recently quoted as threatening violence in the country if Jonathan is not reelected President in 2015.

The seriousness of the “threat” of the President’s men had attracted widespread condemnation, with the House of Representatives calling for a probe while others demanded the arrest of the duo.

Tinubu, however, believed that such utterances, coming from Jonathan’s kinsmen, posed a serious threat to the unity of the country if not checked.

The ex-governor said, “By not taking it(country) for granted, we will avoid taking measures or making comments that can threaten the country’s unity.

“Unfortunately, that has not been the case in recent times. Self-acclaimed friends as well as aides of the President have been making comments that are capable of putting the unity of our country in jeopardy.

“One says if President Goodluck Jonathan is not re-elected in 2015, the tenuous peace, now being enjoyed in the Niger Delta, will not be guaranteed.

“Another builds on that, saying – with all the crudity in his being – that not only will there be no peace in the Niger Delta, there will be no peace everywhere across the country.

“Let us remember that these two are not the only ones making threatening comments ahead of the 2015 elections.”

Tinubu, who said the presence of former Head of State, Gen Yakubu Gowon, and other eminent Nigerians had made the warning timely, added that other close associates of Jonathan had taken the 2015 “threat” to a ridiculous level.

He said, “Earlier, a gregarious presidential aide boasted that he would no longer bear his name if by 2014 the new political platform called the All Progressives Congress has not vanished into thin air! These are pretty strong words.

“And without mincing words, these statements must be seen for what they are: insensitive, inciting and incendiary. One must not forget to say such threats are utterly irresponsible and unjustifiable!

“Let us remember what Jodi Picout said, ‘Words are like eggs dropped from great heights; you can no more call them back than ignore the mess they leave when they fall’.”

The former Lagos State governor noted that elder statesmen in the country should take the appropriate steps to curtail the increasing threat to the unity of the country before the nation’s democracy was undermined.

Tinubu added, “It is also important for us not to keep quiet when the dead-enders unleash these kinds of words on us. We must not allow the ethnic militias to ruin our democracy or untie our unity.

“It is said that evil triumphs when good men do nothing. It is therefore incumbent on all our acknowledged good men to speak out against these ethnic jingoists, or those that the Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka will call lickspittle.”

He added, “To the best of my knowledge, President Goodluck Jonathan was elected by Nigerians of different ethnic groups. And no one single ethnic group, whether minority or majority, can single-handedly elect a President. No ethnic warlord or groveling aide can single-handedly elect a President.

“There is strength in our unity. Let us guard it jealously. Let us work hard to keep our country united. Above all, let us not take our unity for granted.”

Tinubu described Fafowora as a committed patriot, who “left the service not in the best of circumstances”, noting that the book was “a rare enrichment of our essence as Nigerians, with our collective institutional memory”.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathans-men-threatening-nigerias-unity-tinubu/

I thought tinubu is in kirikiri....or is he in ikoyi maximum, he still has Gods to talk in public...sooner or later...agberos chieftain will weep and beg lagosians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Youths, Women In 19 Northern States Adopt Tinubu As Consensus Candidate / Iyabo Obasanjo In Contract Scandal / 2015: Enugu Imploding, Chime's Political Fortune In Final Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.