Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,419 members, 7,964,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 06:59 PM

Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF (24897 Views)

FG Issues Security Alert, Says Boko Haram Plans Abductions For Ransom / Boko Haram Plans To Use Mechanics, Car Wash Centers To Plant Bombs In Cars / Boko Haram Plans Massive Attacks In June To Prove Jonathan Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Nobody: 10:56am On May 11, 2013
Illiterates can't fly civilian planes talk less about jet fighters or military helicopters
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Nobody: 11:01am On May 11, 2013
gerald09: I have known that this current insurgent are not really Nigerians or only 30% are. This shows that our so called Neighbours are trying to start a war with us. Am sure @ d beginning it was about religion but nw is just pure war dats y dey are make impossible demands n refusing amnesty cos its not about that anymore its about the destroying of Nigerian state. Even this may have a lot of lie in it a very grrt version of it is true. Niger, Cameroon, Chad and the rest are really the master mind of these killing Nigerians are just either the scapegoats or the f*ools that sell there ethics, principle and the future of children for money.
Dude think before typing, what exactly are we going to gain from an unstable Nigeria? An unstable Nigeria is a threat to the whole West Africa region not only economically but also in term of population control(migration) no West African country is ready and willing to receive another millions of Nigerian refugees.

Also 20%of our trades are done with Nigeria so your conspiracy theory cant b true
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Datsme: 11:55am On May 11, 2013
"The military sources said they acted on very reliable intelligence from residents who
had started noticing suspicious moves and faces in the area."

I hope we all notice this statement? Have this residents nt been killed in their unintelligent approach?
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Datsme: 12:03pm On May 11, 2013
alpha conde: If it wouldn't sound impossible..what will the fed govt loose if they permanaently close Nigeria - chad- niger- cameroun border.

Aint u aware of illegal entry tru unsecure places (bushes)
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Randerl: 12:14pm On May 11, 2013
? ?

Biafra4tharmy: More facts have emerged on what led to the bloody clash between Nigeria’s military and the terrorist group, Boko Haram in Baga, Borno State that led to so many deaths two weeks ago.

Daily Sun authoritatively gathered from military sources that the terrorists, who had been using Niger Republic as their major base, sneaked into Baga in alarming numbers over some time and were trying to create a major base there preparatory to commencement of a round of deadly attacks in the state and Yobe. But for the timely intervention of the military, the terrorists, who were on the verge of procuring helicopters to add to their arsenal and commence aerial assault, would have destroyed the whole of Maiduguri, Damaturu and surrounding states, sources said.

Security sources told Daily Sun that apart from their intention to carry out more deadly attacks on Maiduguri, where they have made their stronghold, the terrorists had planned to launch attacks on commercial aircraft using their helicopter until they were taken unawares by the Nigerian military personnel there on internal security operation.

The military sources said they acted on very reliable intelligence from residents who had started noticing suspicious moves and faces in the area.

Apart from carrying out attacks in Maiduguri and its environs, the terrorists had also planned to attack other states using the helicopters to prove to the Nigerian military and also the federal government their superiority. Security reports indicated that even though the Joint Multi-National Task Force (JMNTF), which comprised the security operatives of Nigeria, Niger, Chad Cameroon, some other African countries and the other nations had not been so committed in the fight against terrorism as they had displayed lukewarm attitude to the mandate of the task force.

Operatives from some of the other nations who don’t feel much of the heat of the Boko Haram attacks were said to be the ones leaking security operations information to the terrorists, with a strong base in neighbouring Niger Republic.

As a result, they had access into Nigeria without hindrance and had turned Baga, a border territory with Lake Chad, into their armoury. The terrorists were said to have dumps their ammunitions at the least suspicious places in the town.

Daily Sun source noted that Boko Haram had been stockpiling in Baga enough armament to launch violent assault on the nation that they would have sustained for months if they had been spared to hatch their plans.

Some of the MNJTF operatives, according to Nigerian military officers battling the terrorists in the region were suspected to be providing security and shelter for the terrorists in their home countries and allowing them move freely into Nigeria, and sometimes undermine the strategies of the nation’s military to tackle the terrorists.

The terrorists were said to have concluded plans to commence aerial attack before they were intercepted. Right now, security had been beefed up around the border areas with a massive deployment of immigration officers to curtail movement of illegal aliens who were taking advantage of the porous borders to move into the country.

More troops had also been deployed to Baga and the locations around the border from the JTF to push the terrorists out of Nigeria’s territory and ensure they don’t return.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/boko-haram-plans-air-strike/
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by gtim4uall: 2:36pm On May 11, 2013
Yungwizzzy: Please how much will it cost me to move to ghana?
grin
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by saintkash(m): 2:56pm On May 11, 2013
sauceEEP: Airstrike with what? A kite i guess...

my guy u and i know so well that the BH guy cannot be underestimated, dnt be suprise dat thr'v already acquire d airplanes already.. May God help us
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by mrborntodoit: 4:23pm On May 11, 2013
i no understand this country called Nigeria oooooo . Imagine, people hiding terrorists in their villages, JTF killed them terrorists and their allies only for the same Nigerians whom have been victims to these terrorist activities to open the fowl yansh they call mouth to condemn the same JTF ........and someone will come tomorrow to say Nigeria go better, with the state of confusion,deceit and betrayal going on in that country. well , at least i am 6000 km from Nigeria grin Una can do as una like!
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Lawalemi(m): 4:52pm On May 11, 2013
who is here talking about about immigration officers when all the guys have already fled borders
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 11, 2013
how will this affect the return of police check points to terrorize motorists

Customs don carry their own check points enter town too. Why cant customs officials be relegated to manning Nigeria's borders instead of terrorizing motorists in addittion to police Mscheew.
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by ikweremilitant: 11:05pm On May 11, 2013
why re u running
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by bakila: 2:47am On May 12, 2013
Reading that article will make a question like who is the member of nairaland that has bragging righs to the first to comment post? Not silly at all. Silly desperate move to cover inefficiency. The the person who wrote the articles did nt ate or slept when signed off on the report.
Reliable source indeed. If the jtf believed that wwhy they entered Baga why didnt they tell us since. If they did at least we for still dey rub vaseline for hand clap for them.
Up jtf more grease to you elbow nd pockets. Una go old and retire someday. Sadly the story is a lie.
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by Slamking(m): 7:14am On May 12, 2013
Naija mode of ruling has not been favourable to its citizenry since 1968. The poor masses are still the ones that get hurt after al what a painful situation. God i tink we nid divine help. Amen
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by jpphilips(m): 9:31am On May 12, 2013
Me_Aboki:

Don't have time to read all the posts but have to agree with you on this one. Apart from 911 attack where on earth had any terrorist group succeeded in acquiring aircraft let alone carry out air strikes?
Its clear that Oga at the Top has engaged a bunch of lazy low intelligence ppl to spread his propaganda.

the arsenal of hezbollah as a terrorist organisation is enough to bring the NA to its knees. dont undermine these groups, they are mostly covert tools for cold wars, you will be suprised who or those really behind the bokos.
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by hikmoj(m): 12:28pm On May 12, 2013
u go carry me along if i helep u find out ?
Re: Boko Haram Plans Air Strike- JTF by JummyBy: 10:03pm On May 13, 2013
My mama taught me that if I aint got anything nice to say, then I shouldnt say anything at all...
Whoever in the military said this crap is a big clown grin grin grin
Using helicopters to shoot down commercial jets? Dumbos. How many hundred feets to how many thousand feets?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Presidential Committe Gives Oshiomhole 48 Hours To Cancels Okorocha's Suspension / Stop Visiting War-Torn And Hungry Nigeria – Zimbabwe First Lady Warns Citizens / Governor Seyi Makinde Cancels Midterm Break In Oyo Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.