Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,451 members, 7,881,595 topics. Date: Saturday, 06 July 2024 at 01:24 AM

Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... (41486 Views)

Fans Accuse Annie Idibia Of Bleaching / Nigerian Female Celebrities Accused Of Bleaching (photos) / Is Ghanaian Actress, Joselyn Dumas The Sexiest (nollywood + Gollywood) Actress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

I believe it's better to ignore some posters on this thread.
Shocked by Nnena.1's post, but not really shocked.

See my above comment.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 7:48pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Ok, it's just the lightening in all her old pictures.
Yea right.
Forms of lightening back then ehn.....

Don't know when you started watching Nollywood, but Monalisa has always been light. That older pic didn't even show the true depiction of her color. As for Yvonne, I've seen her in recent movies, and there's no difference.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Idowuogbo(f): 7:49pm On May 10, 2013
Amaaskia:

Firstly, I'm not blind.

Secondly, I never said 'bleaching' was a good thing. It damages the skin, that alone makes it bad and a 'no no' .

The pix posted, Nelson and Dominic look good. Nelson toned a bit probably, so did Rita. The two still look good. The rest bleached and of course look funny. Comprehende :-)
No! No comprehencion!

Young lady,dey look good on camera but look dead off camera. EOD'
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 10, 2013
stillwater:

Don't know when you started watching Nollywood, but Monalisa has always been light. That older pic didn't even show the true depiction of her color. As for Yvonne, I've seen her in recent movies, and there's no difference.

Being light does not stop her from bleaching. Obviously, they wanted to get lighter.
Yvonne, especially, has never been as light as she is now.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 10, 2013
And how does using lightening to appear almost-white in complexion different from bleaching?

Same mentality, different method
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 10, 2013
A-40:

U're super-fine tho!

But what's wrong with these broads? Its not just actresses but most girls these days! Who on earth is misleading yall and creating this false image that Lighter skin = Beauty

Smh @ these ratchet girls

Aww thank you :-) *running fingers through my Brazilian hair* Um well, girls that bleach think/feel it makes em look better. Some actually do look better (when they're toning mildly), the others look horrible outta desperation for a lighter skin.

Me? I'm black n proud :-D
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by saddler: 7:52pm On May 10, 2013
Omo see as Eucharia be like witch!...look at those jugs of the other lady...they look like they belong to Sikiratu sindodo!
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by 50calibre(m): 7:53pm On May 10, 2013
Amaaskia:

Cane? LoL sounds like fun.. What you gonna use? :-d

I would use a 4 branched koboko. Do you like bondage?
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 10, 2013
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
And how does using lightening to appear almost-white in complexion different from bleaching?

Go and take a studio pic under bright lights first and come back and tell me how you look.

4 Likes

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 10, 2013
stillwater:

Go and take a studio pic under bright lights first and come back and tell me how you look.
Texas.Cowgirl:

And yes, I've taken studio pictures. My skin does not appear 10 shades lighter.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Yea, always light-skinned

[img]http://1.bp..com/-x3_zIoIAMMk/UIqNcrWqFtI/AAAAAAAAAF0/ETPVjk_qsxc/s1600/yvonne.png[/img]

Nobody said Yvonne was light before. Her complexion is no different from when she started.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Being light does not stop her from bleaching. Obviously, they wanted to get lighter.
Yvonne, especially, has never been as light as she is now.

Yvonne doesn't look different if we are comparing the before/after pics you provided.

In the second batch of pics...her after picture is a blonde weave and red blush. Maybe optical illusion?

The first after pic is as a result of *ohnothisagain*

lighting.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Yea, always light-skinned

[img]http://1.bp..com/-x3_zIoIAMMk/UIqNcrWqFtI/AAAAAAAAAF0/ETPVjk_qsxc/s1600/yvonne.png[/img]

This is from a new movie. So she's not even light to begin with.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 10, 2013
Is this not Yvonne in 2013?

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bksMR_vTsI[/flash]

Compare to the studio pic you posted!
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 10, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: are u mad?

No! I am not mad, I am perfectly sane. I remember my name, my family, my bf and my ambitions. :-)

1 Like

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 10, 2013
stillwater:

Nobody said Yvonne was light before. Her complexion is no different from when she started.
nnenna.1:

Yvonne doesn't look different if we are comparing the before/after pics you provided.

In the second batch of pics...her after picture is a blonde weave and red blush. Maybe optical illusion?

The first after pic is as a result of *ohnothisagain*

lighting.

Okay, maybe you "both" need to let us know your definition(s) for different.

My definition: Unlike in complexion

Exhibit A
[img]http://1.bp..com/-x3_zIoIAMMk/UIqNcrWqFtI/AAAAAAAAAF0/ETPVjk_qsxc/s1600/yvonne.png[/img][img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDEjYgcO_Q-anmhcue9JlsG4OqmUl4UDnv1MXUBaLFoINrcgZx5A[/img]

Exhibit B

[img]http://nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L1l2b25uZS1OZWxzb25mbGFzaGhoaC5qcGd8NjAw[/img]
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:02pm On May 10, 2013
nnenna.1:

Old movie.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 10, 2013
Like I said, I've taken studio pictures and no magical lightening makes me lighter (10 shades) than I am.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 10, 2013
50calibre:

I would use a 4 branched koboko. Do you like bondage?

Branched koboko? Is your koboko branched? LOL I'm totally into S&M. :-)

1 Like

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Idowuogbo(f): 8:05pm On May 10, 2013
Amaaskia:

Cray!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 10, 2013
nnenna.1:

Lol!

Texas.Cowgirl:

And yes, I've taken studio pictures. My skin does not appear 10 shades lighter.

Lol I will expect something like that from someone as dark as Alec wec, not that there's anything wrong being dark, it's just that light might refuse to penetrate with darker skin tones. Leave brown chics like Yvonne alone. Rotflmao.

2 Likes

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by baby124: 8:06pm On May 10, 2013
oopps, Texas cowgirl is right. She did bleach. But small sha. cheesy
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 10, 2013
Still not convinced.

She has the same skin tone.

The after ones have blush and pink lipstick so maybe it throws you off?

Texas.Cowgirl:

Exhibit A
[img]http://1.bp..com/-x3_zIoIAMMk/UIqNcrWqFtI/AAAAAAAAAF0/ETPVjk_qsxc/s1600/yvonne.png[/img][img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDEjYgcO_Q-anmhcue9JlsG4OqmUl4UDnv1MXUBaLFoINrcgZx5A[/img]

Exhibit B

[img]http://nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L1l2b25uZS1OZWxzb25mbGFzaGhoaC5qcGd8NjAw[/img]

1 Like

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 10, 2013
baby_123: oopps, Texas cowgirl is right. She did bleach. But small sha. cheesy

No she didn't.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 10, 2013
stillwater:

Lol!

Lol I will expect something like that from someone as dark as Alec wec, not that there's anything wrong being dark, it's just that light might refuse to penetrate with darker skin tones. Leave brown chics like Yvonne alone. [size=18pt]Rotflmao[/size].
nnenna.1:
Still not convinced.

She has the same skin tone.

The after ones have blush and pink lipstick so maybe it throws you off?

There's something funny about African women bleaching?
Forgive me if I'm not laughing with you.
As for Alec, if there's nothing wrong with her skintone, why are you using it in an insulting tone?
As for convincing you, that was not the agenda. Correcting you was.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 10, 2013
baby_123: oopps, Texas cowgirl is right. She did bleach. But small sha. cheesy

Of course I'm right.
Brain-washed women saying otherwise does not make me wrong wink
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by baby124: 8:13pm On May 10, 2013
stillwater:

No she didn't.

The red and white picture vs the picture from the youtube video. under similar lighting. She was dark. Now she is brown skin. She looks very different from those pics now.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 10, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

There's something funny about African women bleaching?
Forgive me if I'm not laughing with you.
As for Alec, if there's nothing wrong with her skintone, why are you using it in an insulting tone?
As for convincing you, that was not the agenda. Correcting you was.

Huh? I am not insulting you. The contrast of light make-up such as blush/pink lipstick against medium dark tones can throw people off. Coupled with the camera flashlights in her pics.

You didn't correct anything.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 10, 2013
[/quote]
Texas.Cowgirl:

Exhibit A

Exhibit B

So upon all your open eye you don't know that foundation has changed over the years? You wanna compare Yvonne Nelson of old nollywood in the age of Mac? Even Genevieve doesn't look like her old pics.

1 Like

Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by 50calibre(m): 8:16pm On May 10, 2013
Amaaskia:

Hahahaha! No I'm normal. Aggressive and into S&M damn! You are a vixen, I would relish punishing you.
Re: Nollywood/Gollywood Actresses Suspected Of Bleaching ..... by Indifferent(m): 8:16pm On May 10, 2013
Where is Monalis chinda

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Davido Gifts Isreal DMW's Fianceé ₦500k For Airtime (Photo) / Van Vicker And Wife, Adjoa Vicker Celebrate 15th Wedding Anniversary / Emeka Ike Remarries, Yolanda Pfeiffer Is His New Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.