Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,747 members, 7,875,861 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 11:55 PM

Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text (38591 Views)

Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari / President Jonathan's National Identity Card (For Age Clarification Rumour) / Jonathan's National Conference Is Due To His Second Term Fear-he May Break Nigr. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Binary(m): 8:43pm On May 14, 2013
Nice decision... I just hope that the security force will not go about arresting the innocent ones.. Let them do their job and prove to us that they are cable.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by sammmiey1: 8:45pm On May 14, 2013
[quote author=BANGA SOUP][/quote]Eeediot jatijati
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by onimcee1(m): 8:45pm On May 14, 2013
Dere should b a camera to capture everything that go on in these states. At least make we see the action film؛ Those soldiers are happy going there now. I wish am one of them (soldiers).
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by fidelix: 8:45pm On May 14, 2013
shebi dem say this man is clueless, how come e sabi all this things
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by seniormallam(m): 8:46pm On May 14, 2013
Queen1: State of Emergency isn't rily going to solve anything jare... Na today?
best decision so far by GEJ, wot do u know.....
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 14, 2013
Rap maestro: How does that solve the problem? Can someone explain it to me.... Wtf,

Because they will be shot on sight and make sure you have a pre-written letter to human right and un because that's what you niggas know how to do. Boko Haram must be stopped with every necessary approach even if it means a full scale bombardment, we have had enough of their shits. The northerners was given enough time to solve the problem they created but they refused to solve it so the Nation will solve it for them.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by superior1: 8:46pm On May 14, 2013
[size=13pt]I am in support of this but why is he leaving the Governors of the affected states in place, every elected officer should be sacked and a total lock down of those states be put in place. All terrorist should be terrorized and every form of terrorism should be fully eliminated [/size]

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by mbhs139(m): 8:47pm On May 14, 2013
truth4meal: PRESIDENT GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN, GCFR

ON THE DECLARATION OF A STATE OF EMERGENCY IN BORNO, YOBE AND ADAMAWA STATES IN ORDER TO RESTORE PUBLIC ORDER, PUBLIC SAFETY AND SECURITY IN THE AFFECTED STATES OF THE FEDERATION

MAY 14, 2013

Dear compatriots,

15.The details of this Proclamation will be transmitted to the National Assembly in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution. But in the meantime, let me make it clear that within the purview of this Proclamation, the Governors and other political office holders in the affected states will continue to discharge their constitutional responsibilities.

I don't buy the bolded ... it means partial SoE
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Nobody: 8:48pm On May 14, 2013
aligwe07: Nice one Mr president.Thanks for being the best president ever.God Guide and protect you from evil.so as one man (jesus christ) isn't accepted by everyone as his/her lord and personal saviour you cannot solve all our problems in Nigeria but I know that you'll go down in our history books as one of the most fair and democratic president ever.God bless you sir as he helps you conquer your enemies.

Phew
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 14, 2013
harryem: Can someone tell me d reason y some individuals r against dis move b4? D man wntd a gd reason b4 he acts n nw I tink he's justified

Boko haram is just a tool.It is just part of a grand set up.

The revelation will startle even Jonathan himself.

May he be in possession of the wisdom to deal with this.

This will be among the top 5 things that will define his presidency.He must not fail.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by extension: 8:51pm On May 14, 2013
Greatest mistake not firing the governors and state assembly,so the army can do thier duties.No right thinking govt will allow terrorist took over 10 LGA OUT OF 27 IN BORNO and keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by firetrap(m): 8:51pm On May 14, 2013
Uchpappi: what i don't understand is why he left all the politicians in those states to occupy their seats knowing fully well that some of them work with these terrorists. if the politicians still control the resources of those states then what he has simply done is renaming what has already been in place.In my opinion he should have removed all the politicians and maybe leave only the governor as a figure head

if a military administrator had been put in charge, come 2015 there would not be elections in those states cos the governors would not have served out their terms of office. so it was a wise move to leave the governors in office with little or no powers at all and grant the military sweeping powers

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 14, 2013
After all the words, it now depends on the hand of our military men and women to execute this order without sentiment and religion attachments. I pray that they succeed.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Georgiedey(m): 8:53pm On May 14, 2013
100% with you Mr president on dis 1 and shame on those selfish governors
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by damibravo(m): 8:54pm On May 14, 2013
State of Emergency?
Even a New born baby saw that coming!

This wont be the first State of Emergency, we are used to it.

What we need is a hope of lasting solution!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by ugosly(m): 8:55pm On May 14, 2013
Best speech to ever from my Dear President,thumbs up Sir.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by MrLuGold(m): 8:55pm On May 14, 2013
My Fellow Nigerians, we have heard and possibly seen this happen too many times in one too many developing countries. Be alert and be Vigilant, for the powers that be want the priceless resources that lie beneath your feet. Their puppet GEJ has no clue of what he is doing. It will come, quick and fast, just like in the action movies. But only this time, you'll be starring in the movie. No special effects, they will kill us for our oil and we will die. Wake up and smell the bullshit.

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by mbhs139(m): 8:58pm On May 14, 2013
firetrap:

if a military administrator had been put in charge, come 2015 there would not be elections in those states cos the governors would not have served out their terms of office. so it was a wise move to leave the governors in office with little or no powers at all and grant the military sweeping powers

at the bolded; i don't think it operates that way. though i'm not sure
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Raymonbell(m): 8:58pm On May 14, 2013
Nice move Mr. President i am fully in support of the move though it's long overdue but not too late

long live federal republic of Nigeria
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by takeprofit: 8:58pm On May 14, 2013
firetrap:

so, who wld be responsible for administering the finance of the state? what if these politicians used state money to finance terrorism?
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by romanlaw(m): 8:59pm On May 14, 2013
Are u see what I am saw? For the first time most Niaralanders are in support of GEJ. Nice one GEJ we are behind u.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by AnanseK(m): 9:00pm On May 14, 2013
manny4life: For once, GEJ has taken a FIRM STAND against TERROR.

I laugh grin
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by mbhs139(m): 9:05pm On May 14, 2013
takeprofit:
so, who wld be responsible for administering the finance of the state? what if these politicians used state money to finance terrorism?

Yes, it is possible. As a matter of fact, leaving them in their places will give them the opportunity to do more harm than good
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by JoeMosco(m): 9:06pm On May 14, 2013
What flags is the president talking about? That of other countries? Cults? Or what?
Please I stand to be corrected, Is the Nigerian Army not 80% Notherners??........ If so, I doubt if they will be objective enough to attack without sympathy. I would rather suggest a Soveriegn National Conference....... This forced marriage should be reconsidered.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Sheenor: 9:06pm On May 14, 2013
yuh speak randsomly presido.....thumbs up..
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by omanzo02: 9:07pm On May 14, 2013
truth4meal:

15.The details of this Proclamation will be transmitted to the National Assembly in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution. But in the meantime, let me make it clear that within the purview of this Proclamation, the Governors and other political office holders in the affected states will continue to discharge their constitutional responsibilities.

I think with the bolded the Governors could be replaced, the good thing about it is that, security is no longer in the hands of the governors, and may not be consulted or reported to over security matters.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by galadima77(m): 9:09pm On May 14, 2013
abeg why should d declaration be partial....y let d politicians remain? d ultimate goal is to save precious innocent lives which of course he took an oath to do.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Yeeyo: 9:10pm On May 14, 2013
Yez jonathan may God be wit u n giv wisdom lyk king solomon. plz click like if u luv nigeria.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Fakiro(m): 9:11pm On May 14, 2013
Whoever they may be where ever they will go we are going to hunt them fish them Kill them or arrest them, will Never solve the problems in this 9ja.
Thats what BASHAR AL-ASAD is saying and hes country turned to CHACKOL" and now GEJ is cupying other president words.
Pls sir, change this 'n plan to another one......O! 'coz an example has been showing in other affected countries?
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by elvis07: 9:11pm On May 14, 2013
Why is D̶̲̥̅̊ governors nd oda political office holders in thoes states still retaining der offices?hmmmmm I no understand dis oooooo
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 14, 2013
Joe Mosco: What flags is the president talking about? That of other countries? Cults? Or what?
Please I stand to be corrected, Is the Nigerian Army not 80% Notherners??........ If so, I doubt if they will be objective enough to attack without sympathy. I would rather suggest a Soveriegn National Conference....... This forced marriage should be reconsidered.

The army is more of middle belt than north.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Kei144(m): 9:12pm On May 14, 2013
May 15 is Jewish Feast of Shavuot (Pentecost) 2013. Sealing of the 144000 Israelites of Revelation 7 begins tomorrow. When the sealing completes, the four winds of the earth will begin to blow all over the world. This is the month it all begins. The kind of trouble that will exist in Nigeria from this month will be mind-blowing. What we have seen so far is mere child play compared to what is coming. Wait until May 31 (a Friday) when MEND begins to fulfill its threat of attacking Islamic interests. Call this post a prophecy if you like.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Truck Driver In Court For Obstructing Osinbajo’s Motorcade In Lagos / President Buhari's Letter To National Assembly On Resumption Of Office(Pictured) / Sunday Igboho Vs DSS: Gani Adams Begs Ooni, Alake To Intervene

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.