Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,137 members, 7,887,292 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 06:05 AM

Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text (38606 Views)

Adopt Jonathan’s National Conference Report – Bakare Tells Buhari / President Jonathan's National Identity Card (For Age Clarification Rumour) / Jonathan's National Conference Is Due To His Second Term Fear-he May Break Nigr. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by LEXYCOM: 8:30am On May 15, 2013
Is dat all we has to tell u? Won't he increase the fuel price?
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Iykeponti(m): 8:33am On May 15, 2013
Can't the north go their own separate way for God'sake & go practice whatever religion they said they wanna practice angry Na by force we must stay together...?!? eem well done mr president.... Finally u are reacting like one :/
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by hugafella(m): 8:38am On May 15, 2013
Vincent 4:

which way Nigeria...what a confuse Speech from A confused Person

all people like you do is to just run your mouth. No positive input whatsoever. U call ur president a confused person, I wonder if u have respect for ur dad. So what would you want him to do? With ur very limited understanding of how things work, you need to just shut up pls.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by lamilee(f): 8:45am On May 15, 2013
finally GEJ...... Its about time! kudos to you and i wish Nigeria luck injh this new line of action. long live the federal republic of Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by hugafella(m): 8:45am On May 15, 2013
Iykeponti: Can't the north go their own separate way for God'sake & go practice whatever religion they said they wanna practice angry Na by force we must stay together...?!? eem well done mr president.... Finally u are reacting like one :/

Where will the border be? The North is as divided as the south, both along religious and tribal lines. You see, there are so many Christians in the North. Even Borno is about 40% Christians. So division is not the answer. The answer is education, and reduced corruption. We stand to gain a lot as 1Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by eziokwubundu: 8:46am On May 15, 2013
Good talk but belated!!! What GEJ has done is basically to declare an OFFICIAL war on Nigeria. Now SCENe 2 act 1 has been unfolded to us finally Nigeria has now joined countries that has serious internal war with insurgents very soon migration will start from state to state but let's wait and see how it will go.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by tppzzy01(m): 8:48am On May 15, 2013
I wonder why he allow the Constitutional elected Office holder to still retain there seat where there is emergency ruling?

Is he afraid of what opposition said?

Anyway sha, is a courageous move.

Hope it solve the insurgent.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Iykeponti(m): 8:54am On May 15, 2013
angry If na me dey run dis country dis matter for don end long-long time ago.... One thing with our leaders is they're not serious in moving dis beautiful nation forward.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by tppzzy01(m): 8:56am On May 15, 2013
superior1: [size=13pt]I am in support of this but why is he leaving the Governors of the affected states in place, every elected officer should be sacked and a total lock down of those states be put in place. All terrorist should be terrorized and every form of terrorism should be fully eliminated [/size]
[i][/i]

i think it will not give room for those Military rules to do some foul play like embezzling their fund so as to concentrate on what they are there for.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by phapi(m): 9:00am On May 15, 2013
Thumbs up UnCLE JONAH for diz bold and decisive approach u taken on diz insurgent happening in our great country

Buh would had much appreciate if all politician were given some rest and the military take over fully,so as to let dem also feel d plight of d ordinary man on d street ot YOBE, MADIGURI and YOLA

I pray dis bold stEp brings a end to diz insurgent
LONG LIVE NIGERIA
LOnG LIVE GEJ
Short live BOKO HARaM.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Iykeponti(m): 9:00am On May 15, 2013
hugafella:

Where will the border be? The North is as divided as the south, both along religious and tribal lines. You see, there are so many Christians in the North. Even Borno is about 40% Christians. So division is not the answer. The answer is education, and reduced corruption. We stand to gain a lot as 1Nigeria.
O.K
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Nobody: 9:00am On May 15, 2013
Oga Jona, Good morning.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by ngmart(m): 9:03am On May 15, 2013
He is here to serve the nation not boko haram.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by ASALIOUS: 9:06am On May 15, 2013
God speed.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by oxatto: 9:07am On May 15, 2013
GED please recruit more Army, Navy, Airforce, police and even if Is to create a special force please do, we need better security in our borders, Nigeria borders is lyk a free trade Zone, we need better security. @lst Dis will reduce the rate of un-employment in our land and also enhance security.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by jpphilips(m): 9:09am On May 15, 2013
snowytee: But why didn't he relinquish power from the governors at least for the mean time.Those fools that have watched things go awry.Good one Bro Jonah

it has political implications
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Nobody: 9:15am On May 15, 2013
This is long overdue. This is how a Commander-in-Chief should speak and handle matters.

The battle line has been drawn! Stay glue to your tv, standby @ your newspaper stand, clinch your radio to your ears as we monitor the whole event.

*some1 should inform NL MODS that the new rules should be renumbered. In numbering, 17 comes after 16 and not 18*
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by jpphilips(m): 9:16am On May 15, 2013
mej67:

Plus I ask, wot has changed? All I see is a president requesting army command to increase troups. The Govs and politricians are still there. Why shy away from d fact dat they are part of the problem either by action or inaction. Suspend them and they will come around and show u where the skeletons are in desparation to return to their posts.

Yes, pls. Let someone explain howw this solves anything! Nice trite sspeech tho

the political implication is one that he still needs the blessing of northern politicians come 2015 that he will not get if he removes them from office albeit necessary.
the second arguement goes thus; the boko crisis is way beyond the FG let alone the state who appears to be helpless in that regard.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by bobolic: 9:19am On May 15, 2013
Emergency rule will not work so long as the governors and assembly members continue if office. It will only result in clashes between the armed forces and this class of politicians.Why use half of the powers when you have the powers to arrest even the governors during emergency rule.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by jpphilips(m): 9:23am On May 15, 2013
HenryQuest: I love the speech. For those that criticize GEJ, How have you been able to manage your family not to talk of managing a difficult entity as Nigeria? My opinion here is that Nigeria's problem is far more from GEJ but quite spiritual and difficult. Don't forget that colonial politics kept us where we are. Safe!

to rule Nigeria is not by force kindly retire to your bed with your semi-innate opinion.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by greatmen: 9:29am On May 15, 2013
Queen1: State of Emergency isn't rily going to solve anything jare... Na today?
so u want mali rebels and hoodlums to dictate nigeria oya bring solution make we see angry
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by jpphilips(m): 9:36am On May 15, 2013
bobolic: Emergency rule will not work so long as the governors and assembly members continue if office. It will only result in clashes between the armed forces and this class of politicians.Why use half of the powers when you have the powers to arrest even the governors during emergency rule.

did you see where he said that they will operate within "their" rules of engagement? you may argue that it absolves the use of maximum force and excessive brutality, that is a political statement.

the rules of engagement is designed by the top millitary command and it includes chain of command and operational hierarchy .

what bro jo has succeded in doing is stripping the governor his state commander in chief status which is politically correct.
if he is not the commander in chief, he cannot control the millitary.

but he can sit and chop money while the feds roll out the battle.
gonna be bloody brother, the Nigerian army is brutal #feeling sorry for boko boys#
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by forkadict(m): 9:37am On May 15, 2013
fkaz: 15.The details of this Proclamation will be transmitted to the National Assembly in accordance with the provisions of the Constitution. But in the meantime, let me make it clear that within the purview of this Proclamation, the Governors and other political office holders in the affected states will continue to discharge their constitutional responsibilities.

The bolded got me confused cool how would a state governor discharge his constitutional responsibilities and you said you declared state of emergency in the state. The state governor still remain the chief security officer of the state.
BTW the JTF has been searching, locking-down area suspected to be terrorist hide-out before now, with the state governor discharging their duty.

I tire for this kind of leader

God bless you guy abi chika.

This GEJ guy deserves the award of the most confused guy on planet earth conferred on him.

My quesdtion is what has changed? The only thing that has in my opinion is that you deployed more troops to the affected states that's all. The leadership of those states need to be suspended so that a new albeit interim leadership can come in with fresh ideas, on how to tackle the issues since the present leadership has gone bankrupt with ideas.

And to think that some clowns on here have been commending him? naija, i shake my head for una. You all seem confused just like your leader.

By the way, why was Adamawa included? Kano would have been more appropriate.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by forkadict(m): 9:41am On May 15, 2013
According to GEJ una president,
'We will fish them out, hunt them down bla bla bla'
Why cant he start with their sympathisers and backers in his government?
Or was he not the one that said that BH sponsors were part of his government?
Confused murraforker!
Oloun i dey vex.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Confusion: 9:53am On May 15, 2013
Queen1: State of Emergency isn't rily going to solve anything jare... Na today?
So what should he do
Pls don't just criticise but also profer solution
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by amiskurie(m): 9:55am On May 15, 2013
This will include the authority to arrest and detain suspects, the taking of possession and control of any building or structure used for terrorist purposes, the lock-down of any area of terrorist operation, the conduct of searches, and the apprehension of persons in illegal possession of weapons.<--------go jonah,go jonah!!!
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by forkadict(m): 9:59am On May 15, 2013
Kei144: May 15 is Jewish Feast of Shavuot (Pentecost) 2013. Sealing of the 144000 Israelites of Revelation 7 begins tomorrow. When the sealing completes, the four winds of the earth will begin to blow all over the world. This is the month it all begins. The kind of trouble that will exist in Nigeria from this month will be mind-blowing. What we have seen so far is mere child play compared to what is coming. Wait until May 31 (a Friday) when MEND begins to fulfill its threat of attacking Islamic interests. Call this post a prophecy if you like.

Gbenu soun jo!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by forkadict(m): 10:04am On May 15, 2013
Mccullum: Why mr president always lack full boldness to some critical decision for interest of this Nigerian State, this type state of emergency is very strange to me, though it is good but why it did not affected the governors of those states, is president trying to placate them? because the state emergency of US in 1863 when Abraham Lincon was the US president it affected all governors of the Southern States that rebelled against the union, while Obasanjo all did exactly like that during his era. we need bold president & not coward.. may God help our GEJ.

God bless you sir. Even tho, I considered OBJ a psycho when he was president, this GEJ clown is making me miss him real bad
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Pethan: 10:05am On May 15, 2013
It is better later than never.
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by Confusion: 10:06am On May 15, 2013
Obinoscopy: GEJ should have dissolved the House of Assembly and the executive government in those states to prevent political inteference in the military interventions there. Yet again GEJ has made a wrong decision. The military should have taken over total command in those states.
I think GEJ is smarter than most politicians, I see him gradually eroding the powers of the governors as the crises deepens
So any gov that allows the crises will only have themselves to blame because no one will hold GEJ responsible then
Re: Jonathan's National Broadcast May 14, 2013 - Full Text by forkadict(m): 10:07am On May 15, 2013
jp philips:

1)the political implication is one that he still needs the blessing of northern politicians come 2015 that he will not get if he removes them from office albeit necessary.
2)the second arguement goes thus; the boko crisis is way beyond the FG let alone the state who appears to be helpless in that regard.
On 1), I agree with you 100000000000%
On 2), I beg to differ. That is the more reason why he should have sacked the useless governors

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

IPOB Member Traveled From Austria To Japan To Protest Against President Buhari / IGP Deploys Intervention Squads To Lagos And Ogun. / Supreme Court Nullifies Orji Uzor Kalu's Conviction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.