Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,748 members, 7,948,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 14 September 2024 at 09:42 AM

What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband (20705 Views)

Good Father Without Being A Good Husband, How Possible? / Example Of A Good Husband Material (photo) / How To Make A Good Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by SpicyMimi(f): 2:33pm On May 15, 2013
Maturity,.
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by Mayany(m): 2:35pm On May 15, 2013
Ma Oga use to say “Na Good Boy Dey Bcome Good Husband|Papa and Na Good Gal dey bcome Gud Wife|Mama and vice versa•End of Story..

1 Like

Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by victme1(m): 2:37pm On May 15, 2013
A good Hubby should:
Listen to what is wife is not saying
Try in his financial capacity to make her comfortable
Have it in the fore front of his mind that she is fragile
Once in a while let her know who is in charge
Not come home overtly drunk (sa there might be some emmergency)
Have some Stint with some girls out there but REMEMBER that the main one is at HOME (so the wife will not take consider him as WOMAN WRAPPER and CHEAP)
Take her out for Dinners
Most importantly of all Be A GOOD DADa
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 15, 2013
Nashville: A good husband is someone who loves his wife unconditionally.
A good husband is someone who understands his wife is not perfect but loves her inspite of the imperfections.
A good husband is one that helps and supports his wife to be the best she can be, in her chosen career and as a wife.
A good husband listens, respects and cares for his wife.
A good husband will not publicly humiliate or talk down on his wife.
A good husband does not cheat on his wife.
A good husband spends and invests in his wife
A good husband accepts his wife's family as his own
A good husband is not afraid to point out his wife's flaws, but with the intent to help her become better
And lastly, a good husband prays for his wife

Human being lack the will to love unconditionally.
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 15, 2013

1 Like

Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 15, 2013
Ok noted,this is 4 married people,am still single.
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by debosky(m): 2:45pm On May 15, 2013
sampuu2013: Pls nairalanders I will want ur view on this topic,

He can write with proper grammar and punctuation to start with. See Seun's Rule 21. grin
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 15, 2013
@Topic

Nice yekini will do for me cool
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by Asiwaju9ja(m): 2:49pm On May 15, 2013
A good husband is someone who understands his wife is not perfect but loves her inspite of the imperfections.
A good husband is one that helps and supports his wife to be the best she can be, in her chosen career and as a wife.
A good husband is not afraid to point out his wife's flaws, but with the intent to help her become better
what does a good wife do? The opposites?
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by Venchy: 2:51pm On May 15, 2013
mollytinrox: I've not seen the part where anyone has stated that a good husband must strive to give his wife pleasure in bed.

Isn't this important too?

Definitely, SEX will be my No1 on the list of a good Husband.

You must know how to Hoover very well as she might be good in given heads...Yummy
Trust me you'll be forever the best man for her.....lol

2) COMPROMISE, very very important and working as a team not director in the relationship bossing her around.
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by vanstanzy(m): 2:53pm On May 15, 2013
God fearing and (not a PAGAN9JA). cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by jeffizy(m): 3:03pm On May 15, 2013
jennykadry: @Topic

Nice yekini will do for me cool
ONLY? shocked
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 15, 2013
Asiwaju9ja:
what does a good wife do? The opposites?

The list applies to a good wife too. And mind you I am a good husband!
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by bukatyne(f): 3:24pm On May 15, 2013
musKeeto:
Life changing lines indeed. You suddenly realize that there are no good husbands, as defined by that post.

A good husband is a good wife is a good husband.

Do you mean there are no men with such qualities?
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by Princesszoe: 3:25pm On May 15, 2013
@ nashville you are simply the best. You said it all. I love your sincerity and truthfulness. I guess you are very different and unique amongest the corrupt ones around. May you move from grace to grace.
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 15, 2013
bukatyne:

Do you mean there are no men with such qualities?

Do you think there are?
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by biolabee(m): 3:29pm On May 15, 2013
musKeeto:
Life changing lines indeed. You suddenly realize that there are no good husbands, as defined by that post.

A good husband is a good wife is a good husband.

its a hard task but im sure more ple than u know are up for it
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by sirvin(m): 3:30pm On May 15, 2013
sanb: This is a long list, and it might sometimes be hard for all husbands to possess these qualities….

A good husband is someone a wife can trust;

A good husband is one who knows how to handle finances well; it’s a key factor in a marriage. Watch his spending life style i.e. does he know how to save or does he go all the way to spend without thinking;

A good husband has confidence along with a good measure of self-esteem and a good sense of humour;

A good husband shows his wife his appreciation. With this acknowledgment, he’s able to have meaningful conversation/s as a couple;

A good husband sets attainable goals for herself and gets productive in achieving them along with his wife’s input;

A good husband is one a wife can see herself spending the rest of her life with and having kids together;

A good husband is one that can be your best friend apart from being your spouse;

A good husband has his wife’s best interest at heart;

A good husband has your back in times of sorrow, pain or other difficulties;

A good husband doesn’t compete with his wife in the house but rather acts as a team player;

A good husband is willing to compromise; and

A good husband doesn’t take advantage of any weakness he has observed that his wife has and uses it against her for his selfish gain or as a weapon/tool.
I petty ladies who will be waiting for their man to have all these "Ur" qualities because Menopause will be their answer. Forget all these thing we read, remember that no one is perfect and therefore don't ever try to change your spouse because everyone is created in his/her own unique way!
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by Joyland(m): 3:42pm On May 15, 2013
A Good Husband Must:

1. hate infidelity
2. refer to the Bible when resolving family issues
3. refrain from discussing every family issue with friends, colleagues,and neighbors other than his pastor, church elders, an expert or a trustworthy person.
4. see to the his children's needs: education, Godliness, courtesy, etc.
5. Above all, have time and love for the FAMILY.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by hisable2: 3:43pm On May 15, 2013
a good husband love nd cherish his wife. he is not a tyrant but understands his wife at every condition
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by bukatyne(f): 4:03pm On May 15, 2013
musKeeto:

Do you think there are?

I have one beside me kiss

With all I have read and seen around me, I still don't know why I can't believe the 'all men are bad' mantra
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 15, 2013
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by biolabee(m): 4:08pm On May 15, 2013
sanb: This is a long list, and it might sometimes be hard for all husbands to possess these qualities….

A good husband is someone a wife can trust;

A good husband is one who knows how to handle finances well; it’s a key factor in a marriage. Watch his spending life style i.e. does he know how to save or does he go all the way to spend without thinking;

A good husband has confidence along with a good measure of self-esteem and a good sense of humour;

A good husband shows his wife his appreciation. With this acknowledgment, he’s able to have meaningful conversation/s as a couple;

A good husband sets attainable goals for herself and gets productive in achieving them along with his wife’s input;

A good husband is one a wife can see herself spending the rest of her life with and having kids together;

A good husband is one that can be your best friend apart from being your spouse;

A good husband has his wife’s best interest at heart;

A good husband has your back in times of sorrow, pain or other difficulties;

A good husband doesn’t compete with his wife in the house but rather acts as a team player;

A good husband is willing to compromise; and

A good husband doesn’t take advantage of any weakness he has observed that his wife has and uses it against her for his selfish gain or as a weapon/tool.

nice one but i am interested in the bolded... compete?
Cos me think its women that compete with men and not the other way round
Why would i compete with my wife/partner if she is supposed to be my help mate

What do you think
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by biolabee(m): 4:08pm On May 15, 2013
Izz9111: Any Husband that has all this qualities in him is no more a good husband but something else.

funny guy..
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 15, 2013
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 15, 2013
30DB4FA6: u too like f*uck ( ˘˘̯)

na wetin dem do take born you be that na.
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 15, 2013

1 Like

Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by Nobody: 4:19pm On May 15, 2013
Venchy:

Definitely, SEX will be my No1 on the list of a good Husband.

You must know how to Hoover very well as she might be good in given heads...Yummy
Trust me you'll be forever the best man for her.....lol

2) COMPROMISE, very very important and working as a team not director in the relationship bossing her around.

That's the primary purpose of it. Good $ex and companionship.
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by IncomeTutor: 4:25pm On May 15, 2013
women self. marriage was contracted on the premise of
for better for worse. why are you emphasizing on the good
side only. you should expect bashing sometimes. life is never
rosy all through.
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 15, 2013
A good husband is one who makes more money than his wife can spend grin
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 15, 2013
hahahahahah!!! i dey tells you, it is easy to login and type perfections but our actions are so different from what we wish for, dream of, preach and encourage...hypocrites!! keep wishing for a perfect or good husband. appreciate what u have and make the good out of it.
ZUBY77: To give your wife your ATM card is enough to be classified as a quality husband. Try it
Re: What Is The Quality Of A Good Husband by devour129: 4:48pm On May 15, 2013
beautiful but don't forget d love making,I know no 1 kinda of covers it but let's be very clear on that

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Debunks Reports That Marriages Conducted At Ikoyi Registry Are False / What Lesson Has Life Taught You So Far? / 70-year-old Woman Has Given Birth To Snakes (with Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.