Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,288 members, 7,887,846 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:06 PM

Man - A Three Dimesional Being - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man - A Three Dimesional Being (3018 Views)

Is Marrying A Divorced Man A Sin? / Religion Is Killing The Black Man (A Simple Illustration) / Man A Trinity (spirit, Soul, Body) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by ijawkid(m): 10:58am On May 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

My brother, there is no point for argument, check the scriptures properly to see for yourself. Man is one but these three entities makes up a full man, the only visible part of man is the body and the spirit part is invisible.

answer my questions bro....are these 3 parts making up man seperate individuals?....

the scriptures tells me man is a mortal soul and not a spirit....

and those scriptures u quoted up there to support your tripartite position has been grossly misconstrued..
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

@ bidam I love the bolded, you have made my day man.
Na God my bro..
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 26, 2013
[quote author=Bidam]

“And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ” (1 Thess. 5:23,).

Your soul is what most people call their “personality.”

When you become born again your spirit man is saved but not your soul.

You have to renew your mind with the Word of God before your soul can be transformed.The transformation of your soul won’t be completed until you go to be with Jesus!

When you receive your glorified body, you’ll also receive your glorified soul. First Corinthians 13:9-12 reveals how, when that which is perfect is come (your glorified body), your current partial knowledge will give way to full revelation. You won’t know in part anymore, but you’ll know all things even as also you are known. That’s the coming future fulfillment of transformation and completed change in your body and soul!

Sorry but this is a bundle of contradiction.

Genesis 2:7 , says MAN is a living SOUL not a spirit, and this is the creative account from the beginning.

It is evident that when Paul says spirit , soul and body , he means :

1. spirit - the inner man or the consciousnss of MAN which is the life form GOD
2. Body - The flesh
3. Soul the whole MAN including his intellect.

Paul uses this phrase to denote the WHOLE MAN .

Btw , I am still waiting for an explanation to the following :

1. Is MAN Like the Trinity , i.e MAN made up of 3 different personalities being ONE MAN, in other words, the body is MAN, the SOUL is MAN and the spirit is also MAN ?

2. When MAN dies, can you kindly confirm where each of these 3 parts of MAN go to ?

Thanks,

3 Likes

Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 26, 2013
[quote]
shdemidemi:

I Thessalonians 5:23

"And the very God of peace sanctity you wholly; (or completely) and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ."

So there you have the three parts that make up mankind in the body, soul, and spirit.

in Hebrews chapter 4, and let’s drop in at verse 12. The Scripture divides the soul from the spirit, they are not one in the same, although they certainly have a close affinity, and it is hard to make a difference between them, but the Scripture does.

Hebrews 4:12

"For the word of God is quick, (alive) and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, (The Word of God is able to separate between the soul and spirit) and of the joints and marrow and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart."

God has not placed MAN in a body, MAN is made up of a Body and a spirit.

Let's go the meaning of the words Paul quoted.

spirit :

pneuma: wind, spirit
Original Word: πνεῦμα, ατος, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: pneuma
Phonetic Spelling: (pnyoo'-mah)
Short Definition: wind, breath, spirit
Definition: wind, breath, spirit.

4151 pneúma – properly, spirit (Spirit), wind, or breath. The most frequent meaning (translation) of 4151 (pneúma) in the NT is "spirit" ("Spirit" ). Only the context however determines which sense(s) is meant.

soul :

psuché: breath, the soul
Original Word: ψυχή, ῆς, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: psuché
Phonetic Spelling: (psoo-khay')
Short Definition: the soul, life, self
Definition: (a) the vital breath, breath of life, (b) the human soul, (c) the soul as the seat of affections and will, (d) the self, (e) a human person, an individual.

5590 (psyxē) corresponds exactly to the OT 5315 /phágō ("soul" ). The soul is the direct aftermath of God breathing (blowing) His gift of life into a person, making them an ensouled being.

body :

sóma: a body
Original Word: σῶμα, ατος, τό
Part of Speech: Noun, Neuter
Transliteration: sóma
Phonetic Spelling: (so'-mah)
Short Definition: body, flesh
Definition: body, flesh; the body of the Church.

Please read the above original definition of the actual greek words with their meanings. It in no way supports the erroneous notion that MAN is made up of 3 different persons, MAN is ONE person made up of body and spirit which is what makes MAN a living SOUL.

3 Likes

Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by nlMediator: 7:12pm On May 26, 2013
frosbel:

Straw man argument.

MAN is dust without the life ( spirit ) of God in him, with the life ( spirit ) of GOD , he is a SOUL.

Read Gen 2:7 again.

Also , to suggest that MAN is spirit , while illogical, presents more questions than answers.

For example :

If MAN is a spirit, what is the SOUL ?

If the Soul goes to Hell or Heaven, where does the spirit go to ?

It was not an argument, strawman or not. It was a simple request for clarification. Should know the difference.

Anyway, I see your position is that dust + spirit = soul. But that's not what the Bible says. When God breathe into the dust, Bible says he became a LIVING soul, not just a soul. You conveniently leave out the 'living' part as though it has no significance. The 'living' part is the spirit part of man. God would go ahead to shed more light on this in the New Testament. As some brethren have already said here, Thessalonians makes that distinction between spirit, soul and body and Hebrews speak to the spirit, soul and body (joints and marrows) being separated by the Word.

Also, when you look at Romans 12, it says that YOU should renew your mind. That's is clearly saying that You are separate from your mind. It tells YOU to present your body as a living sacrifice. That shows that You are separate from your body. The real YOU is the spirit part of you. It is that part that is created in the image of God, who is A spirit (John 4). That is, God is not the spirit, but a spirit, since there are other spirits, such as human beings and angels. It is this spirit part of you that gets born again. Paul says, if you believe in your HEART you'll be saved. Jesus said in Mark 11:23-24 that if you do not doubt in your HEART, you'll have what you believe. Jesus said you should love God with all your heart and mind, showing they are different. The heart is a metaphor for the spirit (not the physical organ that pumps blood). It is with the spirit therefore that you contact God and the spiritual world.

With your soul, you contact the intellectual, emotional and volitional realm. While your soul consists of your mind, will, and emotions, your mind consists of your intellect, memory and imagination. When you picture things in your mind, do you think it's coming from your body?

With your body, you contact the physical world. That is, the five senses.

Your approach muddles everything up and makes it difficult for spiritual growth as people would not know which is which and what to do to feed each part. When Jesus told the devil that man shall not live by bread alone but by God's Word, He did not mean that the Word would replace the bread in feeding the body. No, the bread continues to feed the body while the Word feeds the spirit, which in turns affects the soul. A fed spirit dominates the soul, leading to a victorious christian life. An unfed spirit is weak and allows the soul to dominate, leading to carnality or living like a natural man instead of a spiritual man that we are.

1 Like

Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 26, 2013
[quote author=nlMediator]

Anyway, I see your position is that dust + spirit = soul. But that's not what the Bible says. When God breathe into the dust, Bible says he became a LIVING soul, not just a soul. You conveniently leave out the 'living' part as though it has no significance.

hmm, a Soul is living and is by inference a living SOUL , no ?

MAN was not living before GOD breathed into him, he became a living being or soul or living soul , all terms that can be used interchangeably ,after GOD breathed into him , so not sure what your point is .

The 'living' part is the spirit part of man. God would go ahead to shed more light on this in the New Testament. As some brethren have already said here, Thessalonians makes that distinction between spirit, soul and body and Hebrews speak to the spirit, soul and body (joints and marrows) being separated by the Word.

You are only interjecting your own words and understanding to scripture which is self-explanatory.

A Soul is a living being , the spirit ( breath of GOD ) is what makes it living

Also, when you look at Romans 12, it says that YOU should renew your mind. That's is clearly saying that You are separate from your mind.

my oh my, if I do not have a mind, how can I be a person , lol.

MAN is a holistic entity , inseparable from his constituents when alive , and functioning as a conscious , intellectual being. MAN can only exist when his parts are in harmony , such as the body ( and it's components especially the brain ) and spirit ( God breathed consciousness or inner man ).

It tells YOU to present your body as a living sacrifice. That shows that You are separate from your body.

Paul explains this as follows :

"Do not offer any part of yourself to sin as an instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer every part of yourself to him as an instrument of righteousness" - Romans 6:13

The real YOU is the spirit part of you. It is that part that is created in the image of God, who is A spirit (John 4).

Not true, the bible does not say the spirit of MAN was made in the image of GOD , it says MAN himself as an entity was made in the image of GOD, and the definition of MAN can be found in Genesis 2:7

That is, God is not the spirit, but a spirit, since there are other spirits, such as human beings and angels.

Bible calls GOD and angels spirits , however when it comes to MAN , he is always referred to as mortal , flesh etc.

"Of the angels he says, “He makes his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.” - Hebrews 1:7

I also wonder why Jesus in his current state is not a spirit but a real MAN like you and I, albeit in a glorified immortal body.

"See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have.” - Luke 24:39

It is this spirit part of you that gets born again. Paul says, if you believe in your HEART you'll be saved. Jesus said in Mark 11:23-24 that if you do not doubt in your HEART, you'll have what you believe. Jesus said you should love God with all your heart and mind, showing they are different. The heart is a metaphor for the spirit (not the physical organ that pumps blood). It is with the spirit therefore that you contact God and the spiritual world.

MAN is birthed into the kingdom of GOD through his spirit or inner consciousness by the Holy Spirit who awakens him from spiritual death.

I agree that we contact GOD through our spirits or God given consciousness.

With your soul, you contact the intellectual, emotional and volitional realm. While your soul consists of your mind, will, and emotions, your mind consists of your intellect, memory and imagination. When you picture things in your mind, do you think it's coming from your body?

This is the essence of a complete MAN , not a divided MAN.

With your body, you contact the physical world. That is, the five senses.

Okay.

Your approach muddles everything up and makes it difficult for spiritual growth as people would not know which is which and what to do to feed each part.

The whole MAN needs to be fed, not just one or two parts, salvation is for whole MAN.

When Jesus told the devil that man shall not live by bread alone but by God's Word, He did not mean that the Word would replace the bread in feeding the body. No, the bread continues to feed the body while the Word feeds the spirit, which in turns affects the soul.

I will allow you the benefit of doubt here.

A fed spirit dominates the soul, leading to a victorious christian life. An unfed spirit is weak and allows the soul to dominate, leading to carnality or living like a natural man instead of a spiritual man that we are.

but MAN is a soul , the soul is either spiritual , i.e spiritually in tune with GOD through the inner consciousness or spirit, or the soul is carnal, which is out of tune with the leading of the Spirit of GOD.

A Carnal soul will display acts of unrighteousness in the body, while a spiritual soul will display acts of righteousness through the body,
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by nlMediator: 12:57am On May 27, 2013
^^
First, can you define a carnal soul and a spiritual soul for us?

Second, you have to understand the context in which words are used to fully grasp them. E.g., you wrote; "Not true, the bible does not say the spirit of MAN was made in the image of GOD , it says MAN himself as an entity was made in the image of GOD, and the definition of MAN can be found in Genesis 2:7" Bible said that man was made in the image of God, but it is stating it in terms people can relate to, not using exact terminology. Let's say you and I are in the same room and you're busy thinking of your next evangelism trip. You're not paying attention. I say to you: "Brother, you're not here. Where are you?" Do you think I don't know you're there with me? No, what I mean is that your mind is not there. Yet, that's not what I said. If you take my words literally or insist on exact terms, you can accuse me of saying you're not there while you're looking at me and so make it appear as if I'm a liar. But because I expect you to understand me, I can take the liberty to say that to YOU when I'm only referring to a part of you. That's the case with the Gen 2 example, as God expects anybody of moderate understanding to know he's not talking of the body of man or the total man or the parts of man that God does not share, i.e., those not in His image.

Third, the only way we can be made in the image of God is to be of the same image. God is not man. God is not body. God is not soul. God is a Spirit, the Bible declares in John 4. If we're made in His image, we have to be what He is; otherwise, we're not made in the same image. That's elementary.
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 10:14am On May 28, 2013
ijawkid: @mr pastor
tolu......question for you...

If man is a spirit then why does man still need to be changed into a
spirit to inherit the heavenly kingdom??...

1 corinthians 15:40-50 tells us the changes Man who is a living soul has
to undergo in order to inhabit the heavens....why the need for this
change if man is already a spirit.......??......

Why is man even on earth in the first ¶lace if he is §pirit??...........

In fact this question buttress the point that man is a spirit, man's body would have to change to spiritual body and not just man. Paul clarified when he talked about spiritual body and physical body.

As a stated man is a spirit who has a soul and dwell in a body, the body we have now is physical and need to be changed into spiritual for us to be able to possess the kingdom. This is the reason we will all come back for our bodies after rapture.

Man is on earth though he is a spirit 'cos he has a body which is earthy, or would you say man is just is a body? If he does not possess a body he will not remain on earth or be limited to time and space, get that.
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 4:14pm On May 29, 2013
[quote
author=frosbel][/quote]

Mr frosbel this is to show ur interpretations is contradictory.

U say the soul is the total man which comprises of the spirit in
explaining what Paul said in 1 Thessalonian 5:23. I will put that in the
said scripture for all to see how much sense it makes.

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely: and may ur
whole spirit, soul (whole man), and body be preserved blameless at the
coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I believe we all understand what tautaulogy is in English Language,
unnecessary repitions. Now Paul prayed that the Lord would sanctify them
completely, the he went further by saying that they should be kept
blameless wholly spirit, soul, and body. He mentioned the wholeness of
man and separated the soul and spirit, if the soul is truly the total
man, he would have just said after using completely and wholly, their
souls should be kept blameless. This clearly shows the different between
the soul and the spirit.

Man is not like the trinity the question u asked, the three part of man
is not different from the man. Its just like saying the organs, tissues
e.t.c are different from man's body. This also explains where they go
when man dies.
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 29, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

U say the soul is the total man which comprises of the spirit in explaining what Paul said in 1 Thessalonian 5:23. I will put that in the said scripture for all to see how much sense it makes.

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely: and may ur whole spirit, soul (whole man), and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Must I keep repeating myself bro ?

When Paul says soul, spirit and body , he is signifying the entire man , which is :

1. spirit - inner consciousness caused by the breath of God

God communicates with us through this life he himself imparted to us :

"16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being " - Ephesians 3:16

2. body - flesh

"You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in love." - Galatians 5:13

3. Soul - MAN as a being , his will , intellect , personality , seat of emotions etc. Gen 2:7

Psalm 6:3
My soul is in deep anguish. How long, Lord, how long?

Psalm 43:5
Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

I believe we all understand what tautaulogy is in English Language, unnecessary relations. Now Paul prayed that the Lord would sanctify them completely, the he went further by saying that they should be kept blameless wholly spirit, soul, and body. He mentioned the wholeness of man and separated the soul and spirit, if the soul is truly the total man, he would have just said after using completely and wholly, their souls should be kept blameless. This clearly shows the different between the soul and the spirit.

The bible only ever records MAN as a living soul when spirit ( breath of life ) met molded dust.

Man is not like the trinity the question u asked, the three part of man is not different from the man. Its just like saying the organs, tissues e.t.c are different from man's body. This also explains where they go when man dies.

You and friends are yet to answer these questions :

1. If the soul goes to heaven or hell after death , and the body returns to dust , where does the spirit go to.
2. As recorded in Luke 16 , the story of Lazarus and the Rich MAN, kindly explain how a soul can have full 'human body '. Before you reply read Luke 24:39
3. If sinners go to HELL immediately after death, what is the point of :

a. judgement
b.- eternal hell.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by truthislight: 11:17am On May 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Mr frosbel this is to show ur interpretations is contradictory.

U say the soul is the total man which comprises of the spirit in
explaining what Paul said in 1 Thessalonian 5:23. I will put that in the
said scripture for all to see how much sense it makes.

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely: and may ur
whole spirit, soul (whole man), and body be preserved blameless at the
coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I believe we all understand what tautaulogy is in English Language,
unnecessary repitions. Now Paul prayed that the Lord would sanctify them
completely, the he went further by saying that they should be kept
blameless wholly spirit, soul, and body. He mentioned the wholeness of
man and separated the soul and spirit, if the soul is truly the total
man, he would have just said after using completely and wholly, their
souls should be kept blameless. This clearly shows the different between
the soul and the spirit.

Man is not like the trinity the question u asked, the three part of man
is not different from the man. Its just like saying the organs, tissues
e.t.c are different from man's body. This also explains where they go
when man dies.

Did you notice you have to input your personal opinion and ideas into that for you to pass "your ideas" across?

You cannot directly use the bible to propagate such since that was not what Yahweh taught the sons of Israel.

The simple truth is that, the idea you are expressing is pegan ideas that satan gave to them, even the african ancestor worship that satan gave to pegan nations, they all have same ideas, all of them where alienated from Yahweh, starting from the abandonment in Eden, this pegan ideas is not of Yahweh but of the gods the pegans worship > satan and his Demons, even soul travel, etc.

It was only after christ came that the pegan can get close to Yahweh.

So, what the bible contains is different from what you are trying to teach.

Go meet the witch of Edor that Saul the rejected king of Israel consulted and shear such ideas, there were no such witch/ideas/practice in Israel they did not get such knowledge from Yahweh.

Satan is the source of such knowledge that was why Saul had to travelled out of Israel.

Your idea is from satan, and it is meant to proof that what satan told Adam that Adam will not die is the truth.

So, just dont say it is from Yahweh.
Peace.
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 2:44pm On Jun 04, 2013
truthislight:

Did you notice you have to input your personal opinion and ideas into that for you to pass "your ideas" across?

You cannot directly use the bible to propagate such since that was not what Yahweh taught the sons of Israel.

The simple truth is that, the idea you are expressing is pegan ideas that satan gave to them, even the african ancestor worship that satan gave to pegan nations, they all have same ideas, all of them where alienated from Yahweh, starting from the abandonment in Eden, this pegan ideas is not of Yahweh but of the gods the pegans worship > satan and his Demons, even soul travel, etc.

It was only after christ came that the pegan can get close to Yahweh.

So, what the bible contains is different from what you are trying to teach.

Go meet the witch of Edor that Saul the rejected king of Israel consulted and shear such ideas, there were no such witch/ideas/practice in Israel they did not get such knowledge from Yahweh.

Satan is the source of such knowledge that was why Saul had to travelled out of Israel.

Your idea is from satan, and it is meant to proof that what satan told Adam that Adam will not die is the truth.

So, just dont say it is from Yahweh.
Peace.

I try to imagine where this is coming from and just cant process it, did you read my posts, i guess you did not? undecided

I will never come down to your level calling you names that your idea is from a witch, you talked about soul travel which i never mention anything about, God save your soul. shocked

All you said so far is nothing relating to the post and i wonder why, please if you want us to discuss from the bible let do so and cut off all this immaturity. undecided

NB Read the post properly before you comment next time.
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 04, 2013
^^^^

You and friends are yet to answer these questions :

1. If the soul goes to heaven or hell after death , and the body returns to dust , where does the spirit go to.
2. As recorded in Luke 16 , the story of Lazarus and the Rich MAN, kindly explain how a soul can have full 'human body '. Before you reply read Luke 24:39
3. If sinners go to HELL immediately after death, what is the point of :

a. judgement
b.- eternal hell.

Thanks.
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by truthislight: 1:15am On Jun 05, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I try to imagine where this is coming from and just cant process it,

lol, what a cheap way to hide your head.

cool

sorry! You cant, your head is dip right inside.

Pastor Olu T:

God save your soul. shocked

You really need it my friend.

cool
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by honeychild(f): 9:51am On Jun 05, 2013
Pastor Olu T: Man a three Dimensional being

And the lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul.
Genesis 2:7

When God made man, He made him a three dimensional being which comprises of the spirit, soul and body, the Godhead decided to create man unlike[email][/email] the other creatures that was before him. No other creatures of God had the features of man which makes him very unique;

Quick question. Are animals three dimensional beings too? Because the bible refers to them as being souls and having the breath of life.

I. [/b]souls:[b]
Revelation 16:3 - And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea: and it became as the blood of a dead man [/b]and every living soul died in the sea[b] - KJV

'and every living thing in the sea died' -NIV

II. and as being flesh having the breath of life:

Genesis 7:15 - And they went unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh,[/b]wherein is the breath of life[b] KJV

'and they went into the ark with Noah, two and two of [/b]all flesh in which there was the breath of life.[b] -RSV

'Pairs of all creatures that have the breath of life in them came to Noah and entered the ark.' -NIV

1 Like

Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 12:59pm On Jun 05, 2013
If the soul goes to heaven or hell after death , and the body returns to dust , where does the spirit go to.

Did you just choose to neglect all i have been saying since and accepts what you will? undecided I said the spirit, soul, and body of the man is the same man and not a different one, after death the spirit and the soul (Read again the characteristics of both from the write up maybe that will help) would never be separated, but the body would be done away with. And a question for you too, when a man dies and his body decay where will his soul go for you believe only in the soul and body?

As recorded in Luke 16 , the story of Lazarus and the Rich MAN, kindly explain how a soul can have full 'human body '. Before you reply read Luke 24:39

This is not a question to be asked for if you understand the function of the soul, so the rich man went alive into the grave and felt all that, and also is Jesus a spirit or flesh?

If sinners go to HELL immediately after death, what is the point of

a. judgement

I know you are a bible student so you should understand what i say, the reason for judgement is simple though people are already in Hell. Man is created to live forever so when he dies according to the flesh he can't just remain in a vacuum but need to be kept in a place before the final judgement, Hell is not the final destination the lake of fire is.

b.- eternal hell.

I would want to believe what you meant by eternal hell is lake of fire, if it is, the reason for the eternal damnation and punishment of sinners is the degree of punishments according to their acts on earth and God would restore all things according to His original intent. Death and all those in Hell will be cast into the lake of fire which is the second death.
Revelation 20
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

NB But you never clarified what you meant by soul being the total man comprising of spirit and body for me?

1 Like

Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 1:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
honeychild:

Quick question. Are animals three dimensional beings too? Because the bible refers to them as being souls and having the breath of life.

Revelation 16:3 - And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea: and it became as the blood of a dead man [/b]and every living soul died in the sea[b] - KJV

Genesis 7:15 - And they went unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh,[/b]wherein is the breath of life[b] KJV

'and they went into the ark with Noah, two and two of [/b]all flesh in which there was the breath of life.[b] -RSV

'Pairs of all creatures that have the breath of life in them came to Noah and entered the ark.' -NIV

Before i answer you, as a bible student tell me how animals were created from the scriptures?
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 05, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Did you just choose to neglect all i have saying since and accepts what you will? undecided I said the spirit soul and body of the man is the same man and not a different one, after death the spirit and the soul (Read again the characteristics of both from the write up maybe that will help) would never be separated but the body would be done away with. And a question for you too, when a man dies and his body decay where will his soul go for you believe only in the soul and body?

1. Can you show me some scripture to support the bolded ?

For example if the body goes back to the dust, and Solomon says that spirits of all MEN go back to GOD , how can the spirit of the wicked go to heaven ? Surely they should go to HELL , no ?

2. Which gives life to the other, spirit or soul ?

This is not a question to be asked for if you understand the function of the soul, so the rich man went alive into the grave and felt all that, and also is Jesus a spirit or flesh?

What a terrible lame and lazy argument . Does a soul have a full human body that can taste, handle etc ? In what form is a soul by the way.

When the rich man's soul was in HELL , there was no mention of his spirit, can you kindly tell us where his spirit was at the time ?

I know you are a bible student so you should understand what i say, the reason for judgement is simple though people are already in Hell. Man is created to live forever so when he dies according to the flesh he can't just remain in a vacuum but need to be kept in a place before the final judgement, Hell is not a the final destination the lake of fire is.

1. MAN after the fall was made to live forever, for GOD said ?

"And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." - Genesis 3:22

and just in case you forget :

"By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return."

Can you kindly do us a favor and perform a magical contortion of scripture to make the verses above mean something else.

smiley

Whose word should I respect , Yours or GOD's ?

2. So according to you , MAN is kept in HELL pending judgement , so why the punishment, surely punishment comes after judgement , no ? Are you calling GOD unjust ?

I would want to believe what you meant by eternal hell is lake of fire, if it is the reason for the eternal damnation and punishment of sinners which there will be degree of punishments according to their acts on earth.

While the bolded has some truth in it, HELL is not eternal by any stretch of scriptural imagination.

Death and all those in Hell will be cast into the lake of fire which is the second death.
Revelation 20
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

And that will be the end of death and sinners , true ?

NB But you never clarified what you meant by soul being the total man comprising of spirit and body for me?

MAN is only complete with his Body and spirit ( breath of GOD ) which makes him a SOUL. Try Genesis 2:7
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by honeychild(f): 6:09pm On Jun 05, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Before i answer you, as a bible student tell me how animals were created from the scriptures?
Genesis 1:21 - so God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves with which the waters abounded according to their kind and every winged bird according to it's kind and God saw that it was good.

Your point?
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by honeychild(f): 10:10pm On Jun 06, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

honeychild:
Genesis 1:21 - so God created great sea creatures and every living thing that moves with which the waters abounded according to their kind and every winged bird according to it's kind and God saw that it was good.

Your point?

I have answered you o.....now please can you answer my question?
honeychild:

Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by honeychild(f): 10:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

honeychild:

Your point?

I have answered you o.....now please can you answer my question?
honeychild:

Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by honeychild(f): 10:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
double post
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by truthislight: 8:31am On Jun 07, 2013
honeychild: double post

You can erased one if you wish.
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 2:11pm On Jun 19, 2013
@ frosbel

u
make me laugh many at times, quoting Genesis 3:22 saying its after man
ate the fruit that he would live forever, this clearly shows that u only
know letters, the bible says letter killeth but the pirit gives life.

Man was created to live forever and not when he fell, when God planted
the garden and warned man not to eat the fruit, He said in the day he
eats the fruit he will die (Genesis 2:17). This shows that he was not
created to die, and the death God was talking about was physical and
spiritual death which is eternal separation from God.

In order to understand the scriptures u need to look at it
holistically, this is the reason u refuse to believe many things the bible clearly
teach!
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by izinbizi(m): 3:17pm On Jun 19, 2013
Man is soul and not spirit.

1 Like

Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 19, 2013
Pastor Olu T: @ frosbel

u
make me laugh many at times, quoting Genesis 3:22 saying its after man
ate the fruit that he would live forever, this clearly shows that u only
know letters, the bible says letter killeth but the pirit gives life.

Man was created to live forever and not when he fell, when God planted
the garden and warned man not to eat the fruit, He said in the day he
eats the fruit he will die (Genesis 2:17). This shows that he was not
created to die, and the death God was talking about was physical and
spiritual death which is eternal separation from God.

In order to understand the scriptures u need to look at it
holistically, this is the reason u refuse to believe many things the bible clearly
teach!

You need to read and study that part of the bible again, you have totally derailed from the truth on this specific area.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 8:29pm On Jun 19, 2013
frosbel:

You need to read and study that part of the bible again, you have totally derailed from the truth on this specific area.

smiley

So man was not initially created to live forever, then please explain this scripture to me;

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 8:30pm On Jun 19, 2013
izi-n-bizi:
Man is soul and not spirit.

Who are you and what do you stand for, you said in the other thread that the bible is not the word of God? undecided shocked
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 20, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

So man was not initially created to live forever, then please explain this scripture to me;

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Can you also explain this scripture :

"And the LORD God said, "The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever." - Genesis 3;22
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by izinbizi(m): 8:27pm On Jun 20, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Who are you and what do you stand for, you said in the other thread that the bible is not the word of God? undecided shocked

Search for me in the realms; I'll tackle this with the scriptures you quoted "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

1. And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground - man was made of humus or clay or earth or dust so this presents the material of which man was made - basically a mixture of soil minerals/elements such as carbon, Fe, etc. (the Material/tangible/physical component of Man)- and shows the similarities between elements in the skin/body and those in the soil. This is what Man was "formed out of" : this is not the objective/end of the making of Man but cannot be seperated from Man - Man has a dorminant Earthly/Material nature.

2.and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life - This is essence, the unique Spirit of the creator in Man. This is not Man it is the Breath of the Creator, God is Spirit and put Spirit in Man. So this does not qualify as the objective or the end of the making of Man, it presents the God part in Man and not Man.

3. and man became a living soul. - This is the Goal or Purpose or Objective of the Maker and signified the end of the creation process. So the intent was to make a living or Intelligent Being. Which till this day is the significant difference between Man and other Animals - The Living/Intelligent/Alive Soul. The Creator put Spirit in Man and this made his soul come alive and he could reason intelligently and recreate, explore and develop his environment. The end product determined the objective and therefore Man was designed to be a Living Soul and not Spirit. The creator is Spirit and not Man.

I'll appreciate your argument especially on where the bible further states Man is Spirit.

1 Like

Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jun 20, 2013
izi-n-bizi:

Search for me in the realms; I'll tackle this with the scriptures you quoted "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

1. And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground - man was made of humus or clay or earth or dust so this presents the material of which man was made - basically a mixture of soil minerals/elements such as carbon, Fe, etc. (the Material/tangible/physical component of Man)- and shows the similarities between elements in the skin/body and those in the soil. This is what Man was "formed out of" : this is not the objective/end of the making of Man but cannot be seperated from Man - Man has the earthly or Material nature.

2.and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life - This is essence, the unique Spirit of the creator in Man. This is not Man it is the Breath of the Creator, God is Spirit and put Spirit in Man. So this does not qualify as the objective or the end of the making of Man, it presents the God part in Man and not Man.

3. and man became a living soul. - This is the Goal or Purpose or Objective of the Maker and signified the end of the creation process. So the intent was to make a living or Intelligent Being. Which till this day is the significant difference between Man and other Animals - The Living/Intelligent/Alive Soul. The Creator put Spirit in Man and this made his soul come alive and he could reason intelligently and recreate, explore and develope his environment. The end product determined the objective and therefore Man was designed to be a Living Soul and not Spirit. The creator is Spirit and not Man.

I appreciate your further argument.

1 million likes.

This is so simple but yet so confusing to many.
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 2:22am On Jun 22, 2013
izi-n-bizi:

1. And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground - man was made of humus or clay or earth or dust so this presents the material of which man was made - basically a mixture of soil minerals/elements such as carbon, Fe, etc. (the Material/tangible/physical component of Man)- and shows the similarities between elements in the skin/body and those in the soil. This is what Man was "formed out of" : this is not the objective/end of the making of Man but cannot be seperated from Man - Man has a dorminant Earthly/Material nature.

3. and man became a living soul. - This is the Goal or Purpose or Objective of the Maker and signified the end of the creation process. So the intent was to make a living or Intelligent Being. Which till this day is the significant difference between Man and other Animals - The Living/Intelligent/Alive Soul. The Creator put Spirit in Man and this made his soul come alive and he could reason intelligently and recreate, explore and develop his environment. The end product determined the objective and therefore Man was designed to be a Living Soul and not Spirit. The creator is Spirit and not Man.

I'll appreciate your argument especially on where the bible further states Man is Spirit.

I agree with you to the point that man is solely soul and body. You rightly said God put his spirit in man and made him a living soul, but don't you think without the spirit of God in man he will not be. So it is the spirit of God in man that made the man, so His spirit makes us spiritual. So simple to understand

Question for you, if we are just soul and body how do we inherit eternal life? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Other Side Of God. (christians Make Your Contributions So That We Can Learn) / A TRINITARIAN Should Explain This Scripture .... / 8 Questions For Nairaland Atheists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 185
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.