Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,298 members, 7,887,887 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:46 PM

Man - A Three Dimesional Being - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man - A Three Dimesional Being (3019 Views)

Is Marrying A Divorced Man A Sin? / Religion Is Killing The Black Man (A Simple Illustration) / Man A Trinity (spirit, Soul, Body) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 2:23am On Jun 22, 2013
frosbel:

1 million likes.

This is so simple but yet so confusing to many.

Frosbel my friend this question is still waiting for you;

Genesis 2:17
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

as against

Genesis 3:1
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by izinbizi(m): 11:22am On Jun 23, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I agree with you to the point that man is solely soul and body. You rightly said God put his spirit in man and made him a living soul, but don't you think without the spirit of God in man he will not be. So it is the spirit of God in man that made the man, so His spirit makes us spiritual. So simple to understand

Question for you, if we are just soul and body how do we inherit eternal life? undecided

Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by izinbizi(m): 11:31am On Jun 23, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I agree with you to the point that man is solely soul and body. You rightly said God put his spirit in man and made him a living soul, but don't you think without the spirit of God in man he will not be. So it is the spirit of God in man that made the man, so His spirit makes us spiritual. So simple to understand

Question for you, if we are just soul and body how do we inherit eternal life? undecided

Read carefully, Man already existed before the Creator put Spirit in him, the Spirit only made him a living/intelligent soul. Man existed like other animals (crude,brute, uncivilized, unrefined - dead souls) before the Spirit was put in him and he separated due to an intelligent/informed mental awareness caused by the presence of the Spirit in him. That crude Man was not the intent and so, Spirit was used as a catalyst to liberate his soul. The catalyst is not part of the reaction process but only activates/fastens it, this is the same way that the Spirit only activated the intent or objective which was to make Man a Living Soul. But this still does not make the product to be Spirit, the product is the concept which is a Living Soul. Without earth, Man will not be, Without Spirit, Man will not be, but what will not be? What will not be is a Living Soul which is the intent. Just like saying moi moi is the ingredients or the beans used to make it? No, moi moi is a unique product made from a combination of ingredients mixed with beans in a special way to make Moi Moi and not akara and the product or brand is called Moi Moi which is the intent. The creator who is Spirit obviously did not intend to make another Spirit being in the Material realm. The intent is an intelligent material being to dominate the material realm which is = Earth + Living Soul.
2. And who said,those that will inherit eternal life are Spirits? Was the resurrected Christ Spirit? He told doubting Thomas after he arose to dip his fingers in his palm and sides, he also told Mary Madgalene not to "touch" him. So its obvious he still had body, eternal life is for mankind and not Spirits. Man was designed to live forever just like the Christ.
Please let's read and understand what the writers of these books simply said/wrote down as it is and stop mystifying it or trying to get a "spiritual" understanding of a simple mental concept. The bible is as simple as it was written.
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by honeychild(f): 4:28pm On Jun 23, 2013
honeychild:

Quick question. Are animals three dimensional beings too? Because the bible refers to them as being souls and having the breath of life.

I. [/b]souls:[b]
Revelation 16:3 - And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea: and it became as the blood of a dead man [/b]and every living soul died in the sea[b] - KJV

'and every living thing in the sea died' -NIV

II. and as being flesh having the breath of life:

Genesis 7:15 - And they went unto Noah into the ark, two and two of all flesh,[/b]wherein is the breath of life[b] KJV

'and they went into the ark with Noah, two and two of [/b]all flesh in which there was the breath of life.[b] -RSV

'Pairs of all creatures that have the breath of life in them came to Noah and entered the ark.' -NIV

PASTOR T!! how many weeks now? Simple question you ran away and abandoned your thread. Please I still need answers. When I saw the thread back on the front page, I ran here expecting to see one of your lengthy essays.!!

3 Likes

Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2013
izi-n-bizi:

Read carefully, Man already existed before the Creator put Spirit in him, the Spirit only made him a living/intelligent soul. Man existed like other animals (crude,brute, uncivilized, unrefined - dead souls) before the Spirit was put in him and he separated due to an intelligent/informed mental awareness caused by the presence of the Spirit in him. That crude Man was not the intent and so, Spirit was used as a catalyst to liberate his soul. The catalyst is not part of the reaction process but only activates/fastens it, this is the same way that the Spirit only activated the intent or objective which was to make Man a Living Soul. But this still does not make the product to be Spirit, the product is the concept which is a Living Soul. Without earth, Man will not be, Without Spirit, Man will not be, but what will not be? What will not be is a Living Soul which is the intent. Just like saying moi moi is the ingredients or the beans used to make it? No, moi moi is a unique product made from a combination of ingredients mixed with beans in a special way to make Moi Moi and not akara and the product or brand is called Moi Moi which is the intent. The creator who is Spirit obviously did not intend to make another Spirit being in the Material realm. The intent is an intelligent material being to dominate the material realm which is = Earth + Living Soul.
2. And who said,those that will inherit eternal life are Spirits? Was the resurrected Christ Spirit? He told doubting Thomas after he arose to dip his fingers in his palm and sides, he also told Mary Madgalene not to "touch" him. So its obvious he still had body, eternal life is for mankind and not Spirits. Man was designed to live forever just like the Christ.
Please let's read and understand what the writers of these books simply said/wrote down as it is and stop mystifying it or trying to get a "spiritual" understanding of a simple mental concept. The bible is as simple as it was written.

funny, you sound so convincing but your analysis is not.

You said man was created from dust and the spirit only made him conscious and an intelligent being. It is very clear from the scripture that when he was created from the dust he was not alive, and not just conscious. The spirit made him alive and conscious. Man is a spirit who has a soul and live in a body, the dust that was formed was just a house to hold his spirit for he would not be physical with just the spirit and that was the intention of God. Your analysis of moi moi is out of it entirely

Your second question will be looked at when we are done with this, and to hint you I never said the resurrected was spirit, i said He took up a spiritual body when He resurrected.
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 7:49pm On Jun 24, 2013
honeychild:

PASTOR T!! how many weeks now? Simple question you ran away and abandoned your thread. Please I still need answers. When I saw the thread back on the front page, I ran here expecting to see one of your lengthy essays.!!

okay i am here, your question is direct they are not three dimensional because the bible do not say so! sorry to disappoint you for not writing long essaysgrin
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by izinbizi(m): 10:22am On Jun 25, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

funny, you sound so convincing but your analysis is not.

You said man was created from dust and the spirit only made him conscious and an intelligent being. It is very clear from the scripture that when he was created from the dust he was not alive, and not just conscious. The spirit made him alive and conscious. Man is a spirit who has a soul and live in a body, the dust that was formed was just a house to hold his spirit for he would not be physical with just the spirit and that was the intention of God. Your analysis of moi moi is out of it entirely

Your second question will be looked at when we are done with this, and to hint you I never said the resurrected was spirit, i said He took up a spiritual body when He resurrected.

Its a pity when I see people blinded by Religion and loose their sense of judgement - this is a kind of the Boko Haram Mentality. What do you mean by "it is very clear that when he was created from dust he was not alive"? - and the Lord God formed MAN out of the dust of the earth, this shows that Man already existed before the breath of Spirit in him(and who told you this man was not alive? is that what your Holy Book says?)- please read what is written and not what you think; this is why many of your type fail simple comprehension tests (reading a meaning that is not in the text)- the breath of life came after he had already been made - breathing in him the breath of life only made him a Living Soul. Please break away from the crowd/religious mentality and develop a reasoning of your own. "Man is Spirit, that has a soul and lives in a Body" is a philosophy I heard over 25yrs ago and equally believed it like you, without proper research/investigation. It was probably propounded by some pastor and has only recently been contested by superior reasoning. The end product is what matters which is the Living Soul. Paul confirmed this is in 1Co 15:45 And so it is written,The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

Whats a spiritual body I dont know how long you've been a "christian" or "born again" or whatever you practise but you sound like I would have sounded 15 yrs ago - dumb!. Spiritual is realm distinct from Material/Physical realm and there are no "bodies" in the Spiritual. Christianity is truly Idolatory, why must you seek to materialize Spirit. Anyways, the call to greater glory is not for the obtuse minded.
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 8:01am On Jun 27, 2013
izi-n-bizi:

You think u know Christ but u know nothing judging from ur post and name calling?

But i won't stoop so low calling u names for d love of Christ is shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Ghost.

When the bible expressly says that the body (flesh, dust) without the spirit is dead, u say otherwise, i fear for ur blind faith.

James 2:26

For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without work is dead also.

IT IS THE SPIRIT THAT MADE MAN COME ALIVE, HE WAS NOT ALIVE PREVIOUSLY AS JUST DUST, GET THAT!
Who is now having a blind faith/religion bro?
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by Nobody: 8:08am On Jun 27, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

You think u know Christ but u know nothing judging from ur post and name calling?

But i won't stoop so low calling u names for d love of Christ is shed abroad in my heart by the Holy Ghost.

When the bible expressly says that the body (flesh, dust) without the spirit is dead, u say otherwise, i fear for ur blind faith.

IT IS THE SPIRIT THAT MADE MAN COME ALIVE, HE WAS NOT ALIVE PREVIOUSLY AS JUST DUST, GET THAT!

but the scripture clearly tells us what this term 'spirit' means , no ?

spirit can mean being, wind, breath etc.

Gen 1:27 , clearly says that GOD breathed into MAN , this is spirit , not a separate being to MAN.

MAN can only be called a being when he has this spirit in him, which in combination with the dust ( his body ) forms the SOUL or as Gen 1:27 puts it, living SOUL.
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 8:44am On Jun 27, 2013
[quote
author=frosbel]

but the scripture clearly tells us what this term 'spirit' means , no ?

spirit can mean being, wind, breath etc.

Gen 1:27 , clearly says that GOD breathed into MAN , this is spirit ,
not a separate being to MAN.

MAN can only be called a being when he has this spirit in him, which in
combination with the dust ( his body ) forms the SOUL or as Gen 1:27
puts it, living SOUL.[/quote]

I agree that spirit can mean that, but from the context and other scriptures we can see that he is spirit, soul and body. But bro, I have never said spirit, soul and body are separate from the actual man, I only say that is His make up.

I also agree with the part of the living soul 'cos its the same, meaning the spirit in him made a living soul from Genesis 1:27!

Stay bless bro
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by izinbizi(m): 12:53am On Jun 28, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

You obviously know nothing of what you profess; seek light and knowledge otherwise you will continue in circles until you pass on like your predecessors who without fulfilling the leading of Spirit, dwealt on the mundane and the letters all through their ministries; unable to operate the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ they could not attain the status of Christ (the Son, the WILL & the WORD of the Creator, the purpose for Mankind) and perished like mere mortals. For as long as you continue to deceive the hearts of men away from the Creator to the theologies and doctrines of men, dwelling on written letters/laws and void of the Spirit of Life - You are condemned out of a lack of knowledge to see only with dim light and are destined to operate the law of sin and death till you perish. Take heed else you are deprived of Glory and remain in the domain of the carnal, a place for mere mortals and for dogs.
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 6:43am On Jun 29, 2013
izi-n-bizi:

You obviously know nothing of what you profess; seek light and knowledge
otherwise you will continue in circles until you pass on like your
predecessors who without fulfilling the leading of Spirit, dwealt on the
mundane and the letters all through their ministries; unable to operate
the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ they could not attain the
status of Christ (the Son, the WILL & the WORD of the Creator, the
purpose for Mankind) and perished like mere mortals. For as long as you
continue to deceive the hearts of men away from the Creator to the
theologies and doctrines of men, dwelling on written letters/laws and
void of the Spirit of Life - You are condemned out of a lack of
knowledge to see only with dim light and are destined to operate the law
of sin and death till you perish. Take heed else you are deprived of
Glory and remain in the domain of the carnal, a place for mere mortals
and for dogs.

Wow, I can't believe a xtian writing all this? To display ur ignorance u said nothing about the post, 'man being alive before spirit'.

I know people like u, I know who u are, where u are coming from and going! And for ur info its an honor to die for the gospel "for me to live is Christ and to die is gain". I am fulfilling purpose and will do all that I am called to do before going huh, so if i die sooner or later what matters is fulfilling purpose!

Repent for if u continue to live a life of deceit following deceivers (false prophets n teachers), u will die in ur sin n are Hell bound.

I pray for ur soul though.
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 7:20am On Jul 12, 2013
[quote
author=Pastor Olu T]

Wow, I can't believe a xtian writing all this? To display ur ignorance u
said nothing about the post, 'man being alive before spirit'.

I know people like u, I know who u are, where u are coming from and
going! And for ur info its an honor to die for the gospel "for me to
live is Christ and to die is gain". I am fulfilling purpose and will do
all that I am called to do before going huh, so if i die sooner or later
what matters is fulfilling purpose!

Repent for if u continue to live a life of deceit following deceivers
(false prophets n teachers), u will die in ur sin n are Hell bound.

I pray for ur soul though.[/quote]
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 7:41pm On Aug 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia, I am bringing this up again 'cos of the question u asked in the thread As long as I have breath.
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 3:10am On Aug 18, 2013
This is the reason for life after death!
Re: Man - A Three Dimesional Being by PastorOluT(m): 9:05am On Aug 22, 2013
Bidam: "sheep following mode activated" Good job..pastor olu T.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I changed my mind. / Why Did God Put The Tree Of Knowledge In The Garden Of Eden / HELP, I Am Stuck In Life And I Think It Is Spiritual(cobweb)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.