Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,717 members, 7,918,218 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 05:22 AM

Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP (10148 Views)

IGP Arase, Obi, Ahmed, Others May Be Sacked- Daily Trust / Probe Buhari Over Forged Certificate, Senior Lawyers Task IGP / Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by Nightshift(m): 4:52pm On May 23, 2013
spikes C:

Oh my God at the bolded shocked shocked shocked
the road has started peeling dude...they've been renovating repatching the same roads over and over again embarassed

Amodu, yes i know. That bridge has been a real mess since time immemorial. But sullivan didn't do a good job on it again (Just like Abakpa bridge) embarassed
Erosion is gonna kill that bridge again, i run through there all the time since Last december (even with the dust)

Errm, soory, Akpugo - Amagunze Road is still ongoing wink

Nobody would ever blame chime and chimaroke, chimaroke brought high development to Nkanu. Chime should do so in the other communities....That is what i believe in cool
Anyway, i haven't been to Enugu since the last one year, but i enjoyed driving on the smooth alsphat roads done by Gov Chime; namely Ogui Rd, Ziks Avenue, Okpara Avenue, Agbani Rd, Coal Camp streets, Nkpokiti Rd, and the brand new link roads at Independence Layout. All the districts of Enugu has newly built roads by the present governor. Chime Avenue is a delight to cruise on as well- heard Nnamani did that one. Which of the above roads is in bad shape now?
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 23, 2013
Where is Rossike to extol the goodness that is Nigeria since this topic aligns with some good news.

Or is the geographical location off base? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by spikesC(m): 5:07pm On May 23, 2013
Nightshift: Anyway, i haven't been to Enugu since the last one year, but i enjoyed driving on the smooth alsphat roads done by Gov Chime; namely Ogui Rd, Ziks Avenue, Okpara Avenue, Agbani Rd, Coal Camp streets, Nkpokiti Rd, and the brand new link roads at Independence Layout. All the districts of Enugu has newly built roads by the present governor. Chime Avenue is a delight to cruise on as well- heard Nnamani did that one. Which of the above roads is in bad shape now?

That's more like it...none actually, only a part of Zike Avenue. He's really doing a good job in road rehabilitation (Enugu city). cool
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 23, 2013
i
spikes C:

angry

Ituku ozalla, Parklane, yes Esut Agbani, Ebenao tunnel (I hope you still blow your horn when you pass under it grin) etc.

Yes, i just so love that International conference center. Chimaroke finished all his projects except that one. Why wouldn't Sullivan complete it.

Now, what did sullivan do. He started his infrastructural development very late. Polo park and Secretariate sad
Oh i forgot, street lighting grin
chimaroke left alot of projects uncompleted, one of his problem was that of disorganization. Sullivan is far more organised, running government with educated people. Sullivan's critics seems to winning because, Sullivan hardly makes noise about his projects, do you have an idea how much this guy has put in completion of ESUT teaching hospital and ESUT itself, some of the chimaroke's uncompleted projects. completion of the international conference center is still part of chime's plan but Ithink that project has alota 'shady bottleneck' surrounding it.

chimaroke worked to some extend but he was too corrupt, dangerous and lacked decorum.
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by Mayor21(m): 5:12pm On May 23, 2013
Cross river is more peaceful
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 23, 2013
Mayor21: Cross river is more peaceful

Which cross river?

Cross river with inter village fight every where or that one where you stand a good chance of being jacked in a taxi? Or the one cult groups are likely going to butcher you in calabar? Or the one you might end up in someone's soup in Ugep? (Just joking they don't do dt anymore grin)

Cross river isn't safer than any other state in south of nigeria, well maybe ahead of anambra, imo and lagos sha!
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by spikesC(m): 5:22pm On May 23, 2013
centje: ichimaroke left alot of projects uncompleted, one of his problem was that of disorganization. Sullivan is far more organised, running government with educated people. Sullivan's critics seems to winning because, Sullivan hardly makes noise about his projects, do you have an idea how much this guy has put in completion of ESUT teaching hospital and ESUT itself, some of the chimaroke's uncompleted projects. completion of the international conference center is still part of chime's plan but Ithink that project has alota 'shady bottleneck' surrounding it.

chimaroke worked to some extend but he was too corrupt, dangerous and lacked decorum.

@bolded; pleasssssssssse, don't just go there. I school in Esut and my brother schooled in UNEC (medicine). I have a first hand experience. I don't even want to go into ESUT discussions. Lets just leave that one dead.

Yeah, there's something about the conference center that we don't know about. It was not touched at all embarassed

Chimaroke's regime was corrupt but not too corrupt. It was just full of blood bath, dangerous is even an understatement. But the money being wasted in Sullivan's regime can never be compared with that of Chimaroke. Chimaroke did something we all can attest to.

My anger is that, most of what he established was taken over and closed down. oh my cosmo fm cry cry cry cry
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by achi4u(m): 5:26pm On May 23, 2013
Enugu remain the best organise state for now...

@spike c.I know where you are driving at but those residents u're accussing of being poor are the ones runing things in Enugu city.One must nt be stupendiously rich like Innoson or Ibeto or their likes before one can flex,abeg those flashy cars at some holdup or eateries in enugu are owned by the ENUGU STATE RESIDENTS.

@at crime rate issue,the state maintained very stable crime rate ratio while some other state are still battling with kidnappers and other dangerious robbries.

Igbo kwezonu

ya gazie
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 23, 2013
90% of crime in Nigeria at the federal and state levels are caused by governors who maintan killer squards to intimidate, maim and kill perceived opponents. Atiku confessed this truth recently when he said that Governors have killer squads. If sitting Governors will stop fuelling insecurity, Nigeria will be a safe haven for everybody. One way to help them stop this criminality is to abrogate the payment of security votes to them. It is this money they use in recruting and maintaining gangs of squads that wreck havoc especially when elections are near. LET OUR LAW MAKERS ABOLISH SECURITY VOTES.
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by spikesC(m): 5:35pm On May 23, 2013
achi4u: Enugu remain the best organise state for now...

@spike c.I know where you are driving at but those residents u're accussing of being poor are the ones runing things in Enugu city.One must nt be stupendiously rich like Innoson or Ibeto or their likes before one can flex,abeg those flashy cars at some holdup or eateries in enugu are owned by the ENUGU STATE RESIDENTS.

@at crime rate issue,the state maintained very stable crime rate ratio while some other state are still battling with kidnappers and other dangerious robbries.

Igbo kwezonu

ya gazie

My brother, there're very few people running things in Enugu. The lower class are highly left out...That is where i am driving at embarassed
Enugu people show off well well...i too grin
So don't check poverty in Enugu with flashy cars. The people of Nike sell their lands just to buy cars. Sullivan gave them cars. The igwes and the Honourables.
Infact you'll see more flashy cars at night wink

And yes, Enugu is very secure.
Anyi adi ekwe, nke anyi kwere ekwe ogini k'anyi kwete tongue

Ya gazi kwere gi oooooooooooooo cheesy
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by fujirice: 5:42pm On May 23, 2013
spikes C:

angry

Ituku ozalla, Parklane, yes Esut Agbani, Ebenao tunnel (I hope you still blow your horn when you pass under it grin) etc.

Yes, i just so love that International conference center. Chimaroke finished all his projects except that one. Why wouldn't Sullivan complete it.

Now, what did sullivan do. He started his infrastructural development very late. Polo park and Secretariate sad
Oh i forgot, street lighting grin
So to you now ESUT is finished like dat eh kwa? And what are d criteria for naming a structure "tunnel"? Abeg professionals in d house help me cos what I see there is a more or less a "flyover!"
Hv u forgotten dat dia r street lights before d previous administration assumed office? What happened in long run?
Bros I dn taya to dey compare d two administrations cos u urself know d ovious.
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by spikesC(m): 5:57pm On May 23, 2013
fujirice:
So to you now ESUT is finished like dat eh kwa? And what are d criteria for naming a structure "tunnel"? Abeg professionals in d house help me cos what I see there is a more or less a "flyover!"
Hv u forgotten dat dia r street lights before d previous administration assumed office? What happened in long run?
Bros I dn taya to dey compare d two administrations cos u urself know d ovious.

come on now, i never said ESUT has been finished totally. You know the obvious that if Chimaroke had time to finish ESUT, man, that school would be rated among foreign schools.
He developed it enough (In a very short time) that administration and all art departments where already moved to the new campus. The remaining Engineering and Management, has not moved for so many years now.

For the tunnel, ok, it's a train fly-over grin
It was named Ebeano tunnel, you yourself refer to it as so grin
And be truthful, we all knows the benefit it has become for Enugu city. The traffic jam that has always stalled movement in those parts.

For the street lights, what happened in the long run is Nigeria politics. No management, it is already happening in ESWAMA
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 23, 2013
Odenigbo Aroli:

The Ig claimed it was the partnership between Enugu goverment and the Police force made the state the safest in the nation and I disagreed with that. Reasons;There are other states in the nation that has spent more money on security and partnered with the police,yet,they have not been able to achieve the level of success recorded in Enugu. And I ask myself why. The more businesses you have and population the higher the crime rate. Its a common sense. I bear no envy for the state.

Why are there more crimes in Borno than there are in Switzerland?
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by karpentar: 6:09pm On May 23, 2013
deor03: Was is it not in Enugu, that a Serving commissioner of police was killed

are you educated? was it said that it was zero crime in enugu? It has the lowest crime rate. Think. Its easy
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 23, 2013
If i hear cheesy cheesy cheesy angry
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by fujirice: 6:18pm On May 23, 2013
spikes C:

come on now, i never said ESUT has been finished totally. You know the obvious that if Chimaroke had time to finish ESUT, man, that school would be rated among foreign schools.
He developed it enough (In a very short time) that administration and all art departments where already moved to the new campus. The remaining Engineering and Management, has not moved for so many years now.

And be truthful, we all knows the benefit it has become for Enugu city. The traffic jam that has always stalled movement in those parts.

For the street lights, what happened in the long run is Nigeria politics. No management, it is already happening in ESWAMA
Abeg I don taya for you! U jst dey make excuses for your former oga @ d top.
Later man...... Udo!
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by fujirice: 6:57pm On May 23, 2013
spikes C:

Abeg I don taya for you! U jst dey make excuses for your former ogas @ d top.
Later man...... Udo!
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by lagcity(m): 6:59pm On May 23, 2013
spikes C:

Jeeez, where the fck did this one come from. It's not a joke dude, don't lie cos of this things. It doesn't add 1 cup of garri in your monthly income

who's this one? where you born yesterday? where were you when Enugu teenagers were grabbing and humping grandmas?
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by spikesC(m): 7:00pm On May 23, 2013
fujirice:
Abeg I don taya for you! U jst dey make excuses for your former oga @ d top.
Later man...... Udo!

hahahah..i no dey make excuse ooo..They're all the same. After all, Sullivan was his lawyer
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by ndukwejoe(m): 7:26pm On May 23, 2013
this your grammar no be here o
deor03: Was is it not in Enugu, that a Serving commissioner of police was killed
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 23, 2013
spikes C:

Oh shiiiiiit cheesy
I am Nkanu too sweetheart, Akpugo to be precise? So tell me, what has he done for Nkanu people.
His hatred for the former governor would not allow him to finish his past works not to talk of developing his village.
Pls don't mention the road from 4-corner to ESUT-Agbani campus till you read the sign board of the contractors cheesy

Udi? since when? i am not aware of the current trend in that place but last i know, Udi people protested against him because they had nothing to show that the governor is from their village.

It's a sad truth but Governor Sullivan Chime focused too much on Enugu city wink

BTW, i think you don't travel to that ya village angry
I run that road atleast twice a week. Infact na me and my brother wey get Enugu-portharcourt expressway, 4-corner till inner Nkanu, and ma brother owns 4-corner to ituku ozalla. We know where the whole pot holes is. Girl, we run 180km/hr on that road.

Define MOST tongue

Yes, am a witness to d roads he is building in d villages swt hrt. Yes, am aware of the beef he has with the former governor which is very unhealthy but that is not to say dat crime rate in d state has not abated. Dats wat d topic says.

What ever establishment dat is handling the 4-corner road, Amodu, etc didnt just start building d road on their own without d collaboration with the state govt. No Body does father xmas tnz, d govt has a way of paying back to them. And i think its part of d world bank 70/30 stuff.

Yes, we travelled to Anambra via Udi (right of 4-corner)and my relative kept asking y those Udi pp will always say nothing was done for them. The roads are good!

Bliv it or not, even though i preferred chimaroke , d insecurity in his time for which he too even perpetuated was very obvious. With Chime's admin, it has died down.
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by blocker: 8:00pm On May 23, 2013
grin Enugu is the state with the 2nd lowest federal allocation in Naija (ask Federal Bureau of Statistics). It is the state with the highest unemployment rate in the S/E. But its alleged low crime rate naija wise be say most residents no dey report the most common crimes (door-to-door robbery going on every nite at Uwani,Emene, Agbani, Asata, Camp, Obiagu, Abakpa, Maryland, Achara Layout and Car snatching). Why? High Unemployment/Greed.The same reason the stingy residents would not pay N100 to watch (or financially support) Rangers nor pay for a bottle of beer to a visiting friend from from out-of town.In otherwords they don't want to spend money everything must be free not so in PH, Aba, Onitsha etc.The town is full of fake big boys wen sabi puff pass P Didi. Besides na their rent cost pass.Of course people wen no wan spend money report crime for police how they no go win award as the "state with least crime".Its a wonder the IG didn't remember that Enugu State has the highest unemloyment rate in S/E.If I dey lie naim be say I no dey live for there.
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by Agrika: 8:01pm On May 23, 2013
Not suprising, enugu people no get wahala
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by Edunwa302(m): 8:06pm On May 23, 2013
Why nairalanders always argue over nothing,the post says Enugu has lowest crime rate and thats true .its not as if there are no crime but its really minimal yeah ......and for those who ll like to relocate to the peaceful coal city i can help you find accomodation since i am 042 boy
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by spikesC(m): 8:17pm On May 23, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Yes, am a witness to d roads he is building in d villages swt hrt. Yes, am aware of the beef he has with the former governor which is very unhealthy but that is not to say dat crime rate in d state has not abated. Dats wat d topic says.

What ever establishment dat is handling the 4-corner road, Amodu, etc didnt just start building d road on their own without d collaboration with the state govt. No Body does father xmas tnz, d govt has a way of paying back to them. And i think its part of d world bank 70/30 stuff.

Yes, we travelled to Anambra via Udi (right of 4-corner)and my relative kept asking y those Udi pp will always say nothing was done for them. The roads are good!

Bliv it or not, even though i preferred chimaroke , d insecurity in his time for which he too even perpetuated was very obvious. With Chime's admin, it has died down.

I believe cool
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by spikesC(m): 8:19pm On May 23, 2013
blocker: grin Enugu is the state with the 2nd lowest federal allocation in Naija (ask Federal Bureau of Statistics). It is the state with the highest unemployment rate in the S/E. But its alleged low crime rate naija wise be say most residents no dey report the most common crimes (door-to-door robbery going on every nite at Uwani,Emene, Agbani, Asata, Camp, Obiagu, Abakpa, Maryland, Achara Layout and Car snatching). Why? The same reason the stingy residents would not pay N100 to watch (or financially support) Rangers nor pay for a bottle of beer to a visinting friend from from out-of town.In otherwords they don't want to spend money everything must be free not so in PH, Aba, Onitsha etc.The town is full of fake big boys wen sabi puff pass P Didi. Besides na their rent cost pass.Of course people wen no wan spend money report crime for police how they no go win award as the "state with least crime".Its a wonder the IG didn't remember that Enugu State has the highest unemloyment rate in S/E.

You definitely don't know Enugu,
in other words, you're not qualified for this debate
in other words, your opinion does not count cool
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by vanbonattel: 8:22pm On May 23, 2013
blocker: grin Enugu is the state with the 2nd lowest federal allocation in Naija (ask Federal Bureau of Statistics). It is the state with the highest unemployment rate in the S/E. But its alleged low crime rate naija wise be say most residents no dey report the most common crimes (door-to-door robbery going on every nite at Uwani,Emene, Agbani, Asata, Camp, Obiagu, Abakpa, Maryland, Achara Layout and Car snatching). Why? The same reason the stingy residents would not pay N100 to watch (or financially support) Rangers nor pay for a bottle of beer to a visinting friend from from out-of town.In otherwords they don't want to spend money everything must be free not so in PH, Aba, Onitsha etc.The town is full of fake big boys wen sabi puff pass P Didi. Besides na their rent cost pass.Of course people wen no wan spend money report crime for police how they no go win award as the "state with least crime".Its a wonder the IG didn't remember that Enugu State has the highest unemloyment rate in S/E.

Enugu is chilling cool, very low crime, many big boys hanging around till early mornings (oringo thingz)There are more hotels and chopping joints that stay late at night in Enugu with heavy patronage, night clubs and good night life, shopping plazas, Nig, brew, Coca cola, 7up, Innoson, the only reason why it seems that Enugu has unemployment issues is because of the influx of other state people there, looking for a better life. Tiv labourers, Abakaliki girls who will love to stay in Esut and Imt, Anambra rich kids shopping and clubbing like crazy and Igbo diasporans on holiday looking for cheap fun.

Enugu rockssss!!! I ve been there.
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by vanbonattel: 8:24pm On May 23, 2013
spikes C:

You definitely don't know Enugu,
in other words, you're not qualified for this debate
in other words, your opinion does not count cool

The guy has never been to Enugu before, period.
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by vanbonattel: 8:27pm On May 23, 2013
Agrika: Not suprising, enugu people no get wahala

Enugu people are very politically mature. They understand government politics and the administrations treat them well, from Jim, chimaroke and sullivan.
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by Afam4eva(m): 8:30pm On May 23, 2013
van bonattel:

Enugu people are very politically mature. They understand government politics and the administrations treat them well, from Jim, chimaroke and sullivan.
Enugu has been lvery lucky with the governors they've been getting. There's this continuity in government in Enugu.
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by Nightshift(m): 8:34pm On May 23, 2013
I haven't noticed that more people are unemployed in Enugu than in other Eastern states. Are people suggesting that students( who make a big chunk of Enugu population) should be part of the non - working population?
Where there is huge unemployment problem, there are often cases of high crime rates. But this not the situation in Enugu, if really the state has huge numbers of unemployed people.
Re: Enugu Has The Lowest Crime Rate - IGP by spikesC(m): 8:45pm On May 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
Enugu has been lvery lucky with the governors they've been getting. There's this continuity in government in Enugu.

Yeah, so true. The former governor choses the next. Sullivan didn't even campaign for his first tenure wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Borno House Leader Impeached / Buhari Administration Will Not Persecute Anyone – APC / Sen Philip Aduda Refuting The Rumour That He Is Decamping From PDP To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.