Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,805 members, 7,872,675 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 07:31 PM

12inchess's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 12inchess's Profile / 12inchess's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (of 39 pages)

Celebrities / Re: Oloture: Mo Abudu Addresses Tobore Ovuorie’s Copyright Claim On Movie (Video) by 12inchess: 1:51pm On Jan 13, 2021
iamclime:
I have watched Oloture and I must say it's a movie to keep. EbonyLife really delivered. As for the copyright issue, I'll go with Mo Abudu's version in this video. She spoke with facts and figures.
As for most of the comments here, it's clear that many people don't understand how copyright law works in Nigeria.
Tobore should go to court if she really believes she has a case.
And who else is wondering why her former legal counsel (as mentioned by Mo) disengaged?

As a writer myself (hoping to publish someday soon), this is my take:
1. Make sure you understand the *fine print* clearly when entering into contractual agreements.
2. Discuss any grey areas before signing.
3. When in doubt, ask a lawyer (especially one skilled and experienced in such matters.
4. Never be greedy! Greed ruins everything.

Nigerians are so dumb. Speaking with big grammar and dressing like the Queen of England doesn't mean you're speaking sense. The Ebonylifetv that is making a movie about someone without getting them fully involved in the story, I don't know the copyright laws but is that ethical? The said lady is still alive oooo.

1 Like

Foreign Affairs / Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by 12inchess: 1:23am On Jan 12, 2021
@nextstep.Along your argument you contradicted yourself. I will reply you with your own words. "Should we because of the possibility that protests will turn violent, make all protests illegal? " You seem to know about the U. S law a lot which is great. However, I'm also good with logic as well. There is no record of anywhere of Trump saying the word coup or asking for an insurrection atleast explicitly. He is smart enough to know not to do that because of the potential legal consequences. However, did he instigate the violence at Capitol Hill. Certainly! I watched the video when he appeared and he simply told his supporters to March on the Capitol, demand for their rights and ensure "The Steal" is not successful albeit in a very sesecionist and aggressive tone. He knew what he was doing! At the end of the day it turned violent. ENDSARS was similar. We had people on Social media spurring people on. At the end it turned violent as well. Should we now hold Femco accountable for the violence too regardless of if their intentions were altruistic or not. Is there anywhere Femco told pple to start looting?Are we even sure if Femcos motives? I'm very proud of Femco even though we may never know what they stand for but they gave many people a voice. Trump may give the same argument but this is not even my contention. My contention is that Twitter, Facebook, Tiktok etc which are for profit companies now have so much power. This is why they are not allowed in China. Every thinking govt must know how to deal with them. If twitter had blocked Endsars after a few days the protests would have died a premature death and may not have resulted into violence. Of course, they will lose their credibility but.... However in Trump's case, they were quick to censor Trump citing that he is instigating violence. Why the double standards? Is breakdown of law and order in Nigeria inconsequential?

If a country like China or Russia doesn't allow such companies now you can clearly see why. As advanced countries as well, they had seen the hand writing on the wall early on and nationalized social media. Essentially with the way social media is now, a foreign country can instigate another foreign country's citizen against its own govt thru social Media. You don't even have to put boots on ground anymore like in Iraq or Afghanistan. You just have to instigate them on social media and supply them funds thru bitcoins to "destroy/build" (however you look at it) with their own hands without firing a shot. It's way cheaper and easier to absolve yourself of any fall out.

The pen is mightier than the sword they said. Moreso in the 21st century. Even Herbert Macaulay knew this over a generation ago. Any thinking non western country can't completely leave this power of the pen in the hands of for profit western tech companies whose alegiance is only to dollars and the western society. It could be a severe breach of national security. PS: By right thinking a country like Nigeria is not what I have in mind.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by 12inchess: 10:45pm On Jan 11, 2021
nextstep:

You're right about we needing to understand our own history and not believe what we've been spoonfed. However, I need to respond to the comparisons you made between EndSars and this terrorist act.

There's a BIG difference between the people petitioning their government via protest, and the people invading the seat of government. There's a BIG difference between organizing a peaceful protest against maltreatment by government officials, and a President actively encouraging an insurrection to harm the country and its officials. Please don't conflate the two.

Sorry I do not agree with you. Censorship is censorship. I really do not have an answer to what or who should be censored and who should not. Trump did no more to encourage the protesters than FK or Savvy Rinu did during EndSARS. Let me first clearly again state that I don't like Trump and I still supported EndSARS and for once Nigerian youths made me proud (although I'm yet to see the benefits of the protest)

However, since Trump's legal channels of contesting the election all failed, he simply incited his army of Trumpers (Don't forget that 70 million people were counted to vote for this man). I believe he should be charged for this. And possibly prosecuted because I believe inciting the public is a crime. But is it really? If you look at EndSARS forgetting that FG may have pushed in touts to disrupt it, we can say FemCo also incited the public which led to a riot. And they could be held accountable as well. But they were never banned by twitter even after the destruction of lives and property by people most of us now believe to govt paid hoodlums. They were even supported with Bitcoins by Jack of twitter.

How does twitter become the judge, jury and executioner of who is allowed to air their grievances and who is not. Such a system with no check and balances is bound to be mismanaged, unjust and fraudulent.

The other option is to just be like China where the govt just controls everything. But the heck, isn't that we are all wearing masks now since nobody could blow the alarm on Covid early?

Summary: I don't know the answer to this problem. In a free press system I'd expect such decision is made by a law court. But the way information spreads nowadays will mandate at an instant would mandate that judgement to censor or not to censor can be give on the fly. No system is perfect
Travel / Re: The New Scam At Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos By Patrick Nwafor by 12inchess: 9:29pm On Jan 11, 2021
New Scam ke? This is old scam ooo. They did it to my sister a couple of years ago. That Murtala airport needs to be burnt down and started from scratch. I'm sure the custom officers are still collecting bribe to allow you check in your Nigerian food items. No be today. As much as they scam reach the all airport still looks like sh.i.t.

2 Likes

Crime / Re: Police Lied About Rescue Claims, We Paid N2m Ransom ― Kidnapped Couple by 12inchess: 7:35pm On Jan 11, 2021
Brandonx:
The government didn't give us anything, what we southerners have today we worked very hard for it.
It's quite annoying that Fulanis would come down and start kidnapping us for ransom and the government is doing nothing about it.

Just like when prostitution started in Edo State girls were trilled with the way Italy returnees were throwing money around and acquiring property this made most girl started running to Italy same way these Fulanis would kidnap go back home to throw money around (quick money) this would lure more into it and since the government is not doing anything about it more would come and if nothing is done by 2023 I'm afraid you might find 4 Fulanis out of every 10 persons you meet on the road.
When they first started with farmers we did nothing, now they are kidnapping soon they would come to people's houses to hold then hostage and demand for ransom.

In fact you don talk am finish. By that time it would be full inter tribal war. Even Amotekun will not know what to do. State Police dem no go hear. Restructure the country dem no go hear. Nigeria is gradually tending to a failed state. The fulani that are kidnapping can't do it among their own people but the freedom to go and commit attrocities down south and then go back to their community as free men. Na wa... Before you know it tribal war don start. Make everybody get shotgun na him remain. Unfortunately e no concern your governors because they move around with police. But one day them go still kidnap VIP because the Fula kidnappers are also brainless. Na that time govt go do something. Just dey watch

1 Like

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Expatriate Policy: Employ Nigerians Or Face Sanctions, FG Tells Firms by 12inchess: 5:47pm On Jan 11, 2021
gypsey:
You may be right on that, but what i am trying to understand is, the immigrants who has British/American passport would they be priority also just like people who were born in these countries? If i used the word "citizens" you would find people born in the country and immigrants with resident permit, british or American passports are also citizens I guess.

I have never worked in Nigeria, So i wouldn't know how valuable a foreigner would be in terms of work in Nigeria.

Look! My point all along is, foreign companies in Nigeria should employ individuals who are qualified in a Job rather. The britsh/Americans or any European country should do the same too.

The Idea of making birth citizens priority appears discriminating. It would be like Burger King employing me before an "immigrant" even though most immigrants would work harder than I would. My views anyway.

I have learnt something from you today. Cheers for that. grin
Thank God you said you've not worked in Nigeria so you clearly don't have an idea about what you're talking about. Well, I have worked in Nigeria and U.S so I know what I'm talking about.

International relations should be reciprocal. You're going round in circles. The main point is that "expat" workers get higher pay and more benefits than their Nigerian counterparts even in the same position. If the "expat" leaves that position today, and the Nigerian that has been understudying him for years assumes that position, all the benefits and salary is often stripped off. My point is that it is only in Nigeria that you see such behavior within companies both local and multinational. You will never see such abroad.

Or should I talk about the billionaire naira multinational company that I worked in Nigeria that has a separate canteen and toilet for the "expat" and local staffs? Would this ever fly in your UK?
Celebrities / Re: Small Doctor Joins Bleaching Cream Gang - Shows Off His New Colour by 12inchess: 4:49pm On Jan 11, 2021
mvem:
bullshit...when you are dark it is because of melanin and nothing else. If a very dark sudanese goes to the North Pole where enough cold and less sun , he/she will still be dark...

That is not true. Melanin get's developed from sunlight. Ever since I moved abroad, I became lighter. When I look at my pictures 5 years ago, I'm at least 2 tones lighter now than then and I don't even use any cream

7 Likes 2 Shares

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Expatriate Policy: Employ Nigerians Or Face Sanctions, FG Tells Firms by 12inchess: 4:43pm On Jan 11, 2021
gypsey:
You tell me! You mentioned it. grin

I agree, with you in terms of People with visas, but What about people with American/UK passports?
Nigerian government do not even award contracts to Nigerian owned firms, They give the contracts out to foreign companies rather. But they wanna force foreign companies to make Nigerians priority when employing staffs. Perhaps Nigerian government should support Nigerian companies and they would employ Nigerians.

Even as a Nigerian born person (with U.S/UK passport or not) . If you setup a company in the U.S or U.K, they will still mandate that their citizens are given priority for employment. So clearly you don't know what you're talking about. Anyone that has worked both in Nigeria and abroad knows that there is a lot wrong with the way we classify "expats" in Nigeria. Not to mince words, it's utter BULLSH.I.T. You get more value for your work as a foreigner in Nigeria than a Nigerian in Nigeria even if you're doing exactly the same thing.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Germany's Merkel: Trump's Twitter Eviction 'problematic' by 12inchess: 4:37pm On Jan 11, 2021
luvmijeje:
Trump is occupying a position that is too powerful. If not for that blockage, there would have been civil war in America.

The same twitter that didn't block EndSARS? They were even facilitating bitcoin donations for them. Talk about double standards. So the Jack (owner of twitter) doesn't care if the protests spiral out of control and Nigeria burns to the grounds? These just highlights the fact that there is no freedom of speech anywhere even in America. All we have is powerful people pushing certain agendas and if it doesn't fit the bill, you can be blocked or censored.

Till now some people still errorrneously believe that Lord Lugard amalgamated Nigeria for our interest and Mungo Park discovered river Niger. Some bunch of crap that our fathers read in those British textbooks then.

Do you know that the wars between the British empire to take over Lagos, happened multiple times and over few years? That the Lagos side also had guns and canons and not axes, sticks and stones? That means we were also civilized by then. If we were so happy to have the white people amongst us, then why did we fight them at first. You wouldn't read that in any of our history textbooks would you?

PS: I don't like Trump and I supported EndSARS and end of oppression in Nigeria and I still do.. I only found out about the Lagos wars few months ago and I was utterly surprised since atleast I consider myself to have at least basic education!
I would suggest that if you're an African or black person living in these white man's world and you read about history, you really need to dig for yourself to find the truth. As they say, history is written by the victors for their own benefit.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Expatriate Policy: Employ Nigerians Or Face Sanctions, FG Tells Firms by 12inchess: 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2021
gypsey:
Fine, maybe i don't know.

i still want to know who an immigrant is. undecided

Ask google or check a dictionary bro.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Expatriate Policy: Employ Nigerians Or Face Sanctions, FG Tells Firms by 12inchess: 1:52pm On Jan 11, 2021
gypsey:
I don't think so, mate! Companies Don't have to proofs anything, they don't even have to abide by the policies. Companies employs those who they believe are qualified, fit and trustworthy for jobs in their firms. Trustworthy which many nigerian are not.

Who is described as an Immigrant? People with citizenship, American or European? or what? Those people are also allowed first jobs as citizens and passport holders of their resident countries.

So who is an immigrant?

You certainly don't know what you're talking about. Any it seems you have UK citizenship so you may not know. But generally, that is how it's done in U.S and the U.K for job based work visas.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Expatriate Policy: Employ Nigerians Or Face Sanctions, FG Tells Firms by 12inchess: 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2021
gypsey:
grin grin Okay, i am a kid, I am guessing in your country Nigeria kids do not have an opinion..

I am dying so hard to migrate to europe America? grin grin I was born in hackney east london!!

Government cannot force companies to employ who the government wants. What they can do is put a policy that would enable companies employ their citizens who are qualified first before others, and it isn't by force, companies can claim that Nigerians are not qualified, again Qualified for the position or to be employed in their companies as you have stated already, Qualified, which many nigerians are not.

Do you have any proofs that they do not pay taxes?

Have a good day!! Grandpa!!
In Europe and America before you give an immigrant a job, the company must prove that there is no citizen available to take it. This is just one policy. The govt can device many more policies to ensure that citizens are considered first.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: Expatriate Policy: Employ Nigerians Or Face Sanctions, FG Tells Firms by 12inchess: 12:47pm On Jan 11, 2021
I have said it before and I will say it one more time. Nigeria and Nigerian govt are mumu. Its only in Nigeria that it is normalize to pay an expat 10 times the salary of a citizen. If the expat leaves the salary of the Nigerian taking over that position is cut by 5 and all the benefits are removed. Go out of Nigeria, other countries will never reciprocate such nonsense. We just don't rate ourselves at all. Shame! Maybe it's colonial mentality.
Politics / Re: SERAP Asks Buhari To Drop Plan To Borrow Dormant Account Balances by 12inchess: 1:44pm On Jan 10, 2021
Hahaha. Na so stealing dey start. Why would you borrow without knowledge of the owner?
Crime / Re: Lagos Police Parade 237 Clubgoers Arrested For Violating COVID-19 Protocols by 12inchess: 12:04am On Jan 10, 2021
SirbobbyDgreat:
Women and clubbing

N.b
No be liya(the girl sitting on her shoes) be that the only girl singed to davido's record label
Na her oooo. I just confirmed that she wore the same dress and skirt on her instagram. Your eyes sharp die. You suppose be detective.
Celebrities / Re: Kemi Adetiba Celebrates Her 41st Birthday (Photos) by 12inchess: 3:58pm On Jan 09, 2021
Kestolove:
At 41 no husband, pack breaszt like rochas belle, but una see dat her film king of boys..I love am

With her kind of money and exposure, she fit done freeze her fertile eggs since 32 years of age in South Africa. Stop reasoning like a Neanderthal.

2 Likes

Foreign Affairs / Re: Lehigh University Has Rescinded Trump's Honorary Degree by 12inchess: 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2021
NeoWanZaeed:
U damn funny. Why do u think soilders are called z0mbie all over the world? They follow order without looking back. At worst, the soldiers would split. U think he doesnt have loyalists am0ngst the soldiers? Full scale war would happen if they r n0t careful with trump
It's only Nigerian soldiers that are Zombies. Do you think in a 1000 years, the U. S Army will shoot at unarmed protestors like in Lekki? Go and learn about America and the U. S Army before you comment. Their sworn allegiance is to the constitution and not any president. This is how they are better than us. In America they at least try to strictly follow the law. Any General following such an order can be tried in a court and sentenced to life imprisonment if convicted. So tell me how dumb a military person would be to follow such an order.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Reddit, Twitch, Shopify, Discord Ban Donald Trump by 12inchess: 3:47pm On Jan 09, 2021
Ratedgang:
I see the USA regretting this.
I have seen people give this argument. My answer to them is that democracy is not the election of the best candidate but the most popular or convincing candidate. Even if Biden is no better than Trump, for now, he is the choice of the people and the people have spoken. QED

2 Likes 1 Share

Politics / Re: Femi Fani-Kayode Welcomes Another Son With Mystery Woman (Photo) by 12inchess: 3:41pm On Jan 09, 2021
I read recently that he met with one social media influencer. That one sef dey smile show am Bobbi during the visit. This FFK will give her Belle as well. He is the true definition of community Penis. If a lady is not careful around him he go ban. g her. And apparently he doesn't use protection.
Politics / Re: Turad Sha’aban Celebrates His Birthday (Photos) by 12inchess: 3:40pm On Jan 08, 2021
In the past, it use to be that those people living off Nigeria (we all know them) would go to the UK and live large there. However, there are now many Nigerians who have deserted the poor Nigerian system these thieving extractors left behind to go hustle in the UK. UK is no longer a safe haven where they can do all these things without jeers and sneers from Nigerian citizens. The new destination is Dubai. After all, it took Nigerian press almost 6 months to know Aisha now resides in Dubai. If she had gone to the UK, it wont take up to 2 weeks that someone will spot her.

1 Like

Foreign Affairs / Re: US Capitol: Four Dead, 52 arrested as World Leaders Condemn Invasion by 12inchess: 10:49pm On Jan 07, 2021
tsspsolutions:
I always find all these statements of condemnation as feeble and just to fulfill all righteousness. Let's assume Trump decided sto stay put with the backing of the US armed forces. All those foreign leaders saying the will of the American people MUST be accepted/respected will do nothing to remove him. In fact all those loud mouths abusing him will start appealing and begging him to go peacefully.

Look at you. Russia will be the first to fund The Left and Antifa to bring down America. Even China and Iran will add small money.
Foreign Affairs / Re: US Capitol: Four Dead, 52 arrested as World Leaders Condemn Invasion by 12inchess: 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2021
African's don't even know how to play international politics at all. Good one from the Turkish Prime minister. By now African Union or Nigeria should have released something like "We are deeply worried about the goings-on in our great mentor in democratic structures especially with their over 100 years of experience and we hope that there would be a calm transition of power. Issues like these have been a longstanding problem in our young democracies in Africa which have been called all sorts of names including "shitholes" by the regime of President Donald Trump. As elections are governed by rules, the 2020 election race is already completed and the American people have spoken. We hope that come Jan 20th, President Donald and the GOP will do the right thing which is a peaceful transition of power and no more deaths."

7 Likes

Health / Re: I Turned Down Opportunity To Move To Canada — Nigerian Doctor (Photos) by 12inchess: 4:18pm On Jan 05, 2021
Yinmu. Which offer to work. Before you work as a doctor in Canada you will have to write and pass their medical licensing exam. Just stay in nepotism filled aboki land and remain the community champion. Canadians will make you pass through fire before they allow you to practice there regardless of if your dad is related to Dangote or not.

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Ejine Okoroafor Celebrates Her Birthday With Bikini Photos by 12inchess: 1:03pm On Jan 05, 2021
Ezini:
All this girls that are desperate for rich male attention
Where has she acted,

Flaunting your body shamelessly on social media explains just one thing

In the days of Genevive, Rita Dominic and co, did they become popular by exposing their bodies shamelessly on social media

This has to stop,
You are devalueing the acting profession
Runz brings times 10 more money than acting in nollywood. That is why. All they need is one CEO of one bank to like them or one politician to see this pictures and be interested.
Culture / Re: Why Do Foreigners Appreciate Nigerian Masquerades, Artifact More Than Nigerians? by 12inchess: 12:57pm On Jan 05, 2021
A lot of people didn't get this answer right. Sad. I know the exact reason. It's as a result of colonial conditioning. They lied to us that all these items are filled with evil spirits, demons and Satan during the colonial error and we not willing to think for ourselves believed the evangelists hook line and sinker and then they looted this items and are using them to make trillions of pounds in European museums. The easiest way to get something cheaply is to devalue it.

It's the same reason most Nigerians will obey their Daddy G. O without question and thinking for themselves.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Garba Shehu: PDP Is University Of Lies, Nigerians Don’t Want Them Back In 2023 by 12inchess: 6:31pm On Jan 03, 2021
APC and PDP are the same party. Nigerians stop deceiving yourself. Umbrella = Broom. 2023 will witness a rebranding of one or both parties what would be described as something different but still the same thing and with Tinubu and the old Nigerian Generals moving the chess pieces in the foreground.

1 Like

Health / Re: Would You Receive The COVID-19 Vaccine If Offered Today? by 12inchess: 4:26pm On Jan 03, 2021
If I was in a high risk group certainly. But since I'm not i. e below 35 I'd certainly pass for now. If I was 50 and above I'd certainly take it.
Politics / Re: How Asher Kings & Queens Restaurant Was Demolished - Aisha Mercy Yakubu (CEO) by 12inchess: 3:27pm On Jan 03, 2021
This is why I left Nigeria. The govt is unserious. Imagine destroying a taxpayers property for a religion that pays no tax.

Later they will say the state has no money and they need to borrow.

She should certainly sue the NPF. But there is no justice in Nigeria so it may be a waste of time.

Slowly and surely Nigeria will eventually become a failed state. It's just a matter of time.

Ajimobi did same thing to Yinka Ayefele then.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Chris Oyakhilome: There Are Curses For People Who Criticise Men Of God by 12inchess: 2:57am On Jan 03, 2021
Naija people too dey fear. Which curse? Na him dey curse am? This man that does not know my origin nor the parents that gave birth to me wan dey buga me? Abeg jare. Anyway, me I no dey put mouth for this kind church matter again because I no say if pastor tell some pple to self-service for 40 day and 40 nights so as to make heaven, dem go still do am. Many people dey off their brain once dey enter church or hear instructions from their daddy g.o. No be one G.O tell him members many years ago say T.V na devil's box later come dey change mouth dey apologize? If TV na devil box wetin internet go come be now?

You no fit dey talk this kind of thing for american church sha because the church members go tackle your right there on the stage and infront of the whole congregation.

2 Likes

Health / Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by 12inchess: 12:49am On Jan 03, 2021
sorom4:
Maybe your system is different or the pain you are having is not chronic. I know of some people that got addicted through the management of pain
My pain is quite chronic but tramadol doesn't have such effect on me. Yeah, everybody's system is different. I actually think it's a shit drug. It doesn't work after a while.
Health / Re: How Tramadol Destroyed My Life by 12inchess: 6:06pm On Jan 02, 2021
I take tramadol for over 6 months now for pain and it hasn't destroyed my life. Stop using painkillers to get high.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo & His 2nd Daughter Celebrate Birthday On Same Day by 12inchess: 6:05pm On Jan 02, 2021
I love Krest grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (of 39 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.