Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,404 members, 7,891,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 07:01 PM

Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam (20143 Views)

A Quranic View On Boko Haram And The Muslim's Perspective / Muslims Against Terror Offers $10,000 For Info On Boko Haram and Its Leader / The Ring : Ring And Islam, All You Need To Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by etebomugmailc(m): 12:19pm On May 31, 2013
homesteady: Bla BLa bla!! I've heard this many times!! Let All top Muslims officials come and denounce and condemn boko haram!! Then I'll believe there is a difference!!
Gbam!
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by brown3: 12:21pm On May 31, 2013
Oshiano: This write up is about how islam is practice in d south nd else were. But in d north of naija, boko haram nd northern muslem is d same.
oboy all muslem re the same any where in world. the southerners muslems most especial yorubas re fake muslems, they only remember that they re muslems on sala day. A real yoruba alpha with osama untidy bears re also radical, it just that they re few of them that is why they re not been notice.
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by naiijaboii: 12:22pm On May 31, 2013
@keni.....at lesat he is not a christian terrorist!
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 31, 2013
Nice write-up op! But for every of your quote against, BH and co ll come up with two in support. Am glad many sincere muslims re now coming to term with these grim realities. The best sincere muslims could do therefore is to form another religion-perhaps "The religion of Peace", with strong emphases on all your stated distinguished-features"-and leave islam for all the islamic terrorist all around the world, only then ll non-muslims believe you truely that your 'religion of peace' is not a terror religion.
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by maclatunji: 12:29pm On May 31, 2013
shollaire: Nice write-up op! But for every of your quote against, BH and co ll come up with two in support. Am glad many sincere muslims re now coming to term with these grim realities. The best sincere muslims could do therefore is to form another religion-perhaps "The religion of Peace", with strong emphases on all your stated distinguished-features"-and leave islam for all the islamic terrorist all around the world, only then ll non-muslims believe you truely that your 'religion of peace' is not a terror religion.

Hahahahaa... invent a new religion? Your concept of religion is quite simplistic.
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by princemolak(m): 12:32pm On May 31, 2013
tex baba: Good stuff tho! But the dilema is that after these their henious acts, hey still go to the mosques to pray and the imams will not preach against them. hence tho they do not represents Mohammed's kind of islam, they are however accepted into the fold. what are we saying; good muslims should speak out, condemn them openly nd let it get to their consciousness that they are betraying pure islam. else what u are saying here makes no meaning to us non-muslims.
so that they can Kill the Imam after the lecture
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Samscofield: 12:35pm On May 31, 2013
OP. Good one. But why are the supposed "True Muslims" that practice "True Islamism" shielding, aiding and abating the Boko Haram Terrorists? Why not show their sincerity of purpose by exposing them so that we can go back to the good old days when both Christians and Muslims used to see themselves as brothers and sisters. Trust has been seriously bridged,to the point where most Nigerian Christians see their fellow Nigerian Muslims as terrorists and the latter see the former as anti Islam. I think it's high time we addressed the issue to halt any further breakdown of trust and Love between us. Just my opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by MrCork: 12:36pm On May 31, 2013
..to be honest, I hav nothin against muslims.. I juss stay away from them. (thats my opinion & no oofeinse) angry

5 Likes

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Rexyl(m): 12:45pm On May 31, 2013
Abdul Adam56: 1) ISLAM: There is no compulsion in religion.
BOKO HARAM: Everyone must adhere to our ways else…
2) ISLAM: Love all and be just to all regardless of religion.
BOKO HARAM: If you are not with us you are against us.
3) ISLAM: Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) lived with peaceful Christians and Jews as his neighbours.
BOKO HARAM: All non-Muslims mustleave the North.
4) ISLAM: You are only permitted toprotect yourselves when you are attacked first. And you should retaliate justly but when u gain an upper hand, u shld better forgive and leave everything to Allah.
BOKO HARAM: We attack all who stand in our way
5) ISLAM: A true Muslim is one fromwhose tongue and hands his community is safe.
BOKO HARAM: We do not care your religion. Muslim or Christian we will crush any who stands in our way.
6) ISLAM: Killing of innocent souls is a great sin. No human being has theright to take life except through thedue process of the Law.
BOKO HARAM: Allah will understand.He will not punish us.
7) ISLAM: During war, non-combatant women and children must not be touched. Talk less of peace time.
BOKO HARAM: We kill men, women and children.
ISLAM: At war time, all non-Muslims that run into their places of worship ortheir homes will not be harmed. Talk less of peace time.
BOKO HARAM: We bomb non-Muslims in their places of worship. We also kill Muslims in theirmosques and homes if we feel theyare a threat to us.
So who really are these people withwarped ideologies and intents?
I may not know what they are really out to achieve but I do know for sure they do not represent Islam. Rather, they are acting contrary to it's most sublime teachings: peaceful advocacy.
Of course, Islam strongly disapproves of corruption and incapable leadership!
LET'S WORK TOGETHER, REGARDLESS OF TRIBE AND RELIGION TO PROVIDEA BETTER TOMORROW FOR ALL. May Allah help us all

I want to believe this comparison sounds to be true, and the faithful out there make it real than ordinary statements. And this can be possible if the percentage of the faithful that approves of this is well over 70%, the minimum requirement for a fair claim to be indisputable as regards religious issues. From the Christian point of view Jesus did not leave any message to justify any act of wickedness among the believers ,and also to non believers. He even encouraged us to treat unbelievers with more respect and show great kindness for them to read in us that our heavenly father is plentiful in grace and mercy. Invariably, believers in large number should rise up to condemn any form of evil in the society without playing politics with it for everyone to live in peace.

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by fujirice: 12:48pm On May 31, 2013
-Mr Cork-:
..to be honest, I hav nothin against muslims.. I juss stay away from them. (thats my opinion & no oofeinse) angry
The big "Q" is, will they stay away from you when a drawing(cartoon) of somebody is being drawn in far away Holand or France? We all saw what a movie dat is not up to an hour turned "majority" of them into.
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by onitj: 12:52pm On May 31, 2013
delors: Are you telling us what we already know or u think we are blind?
Siddon there...We know as e dey go...ur emotional write-up cannot really convince us otherwise.
There is room for extremism in islam as it has been shown over and over again in the following areas:
- MSSN on campuses (especially in Unilorin and OAU)
- Boko Haram in Northern Nigeria
- Islamic insurgents in Mali, Sudan and other African countries.
- Hezbollah in the Middle East
- Ayatollah in the Middle East
- AlQaeda in the Middle East (with branches worldwide)
Muslims in the other parts of Nigeria are cool headed because they don't take it to an extreme, same with muslims in other western world.
Why is it that whenever u provoke a muslim brother, the next thing is 'Allah, fatwa, etc' as if u are engaged in a religious war with them?' It beats one to think that u cant crack a normal joke with a turban and veil wearing muslim brother...its just odd...As far as I (and most of us) can tell, Islam ain't nolonger a religion of peace...Not until they allow us live in peace without anyone trying to bomb us up all in the name of Islam...
What exactly are the Boko haram guys demanding now? Islamic country carved out of Northern Nigeria! and war is the only way out, not diplomacy, not negotiation? What do u call that? They are cowardly devils....
Bros, please say something else...we know what we know about Islam...and about peace. Please undecided
u said it all..may God save us

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by onitj: 12:52pm On May 31, 2013
delors: Are you telling us what we already know or u think we are blind?
Siddon there...We know as e dey go...ur emotional write-up cannot really convince us otherwise.
There is room for extremism in islam as it has been shown over and over again in the following areas:
- MSSN on campuses (especially in Unilorin and OAU)
- Boko Haram in Northern Nigeria
- Islamic insurgents in Mali, Sudan and other African countries.
- Hezbollah in the Middle East
- Ayatollah in the Middle East
- AlQaeda in the Middle East (with branches worldwide)
Muslims in the other parts of Nigeria are cool headed because they don't take it to an extreme, same with muslims in other western world.
Why is it that whenever u provoke a muslim brother, the next thing is 'Allah, fatwa, etc' as if u are engaged in a religious war with them?' It beats one to think that u cant crack a normal joke with a turban and veil wearing muslim brother...its just odd...As far as I (and most of us) can tell, Islam ain't nolonger a religion of peace...Not until they allow us live in peace without anyone trying to bomb us up all in the name of Islam...
What exactly are the Boko haram guys demanding now? Islamic country carved out of Northern Nigeria! and war is the only way out, not diplomacy, not negotiation? What do u call that? They are cowardly devils....
Bros, please say something else...we know what we know about Islam...and about peace. Please undecided
u said it all..may God save us
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Lilimax(f): 12:55pm On May 31, 2013
shollaire: Nice write-up op! But for every of your quote against, BH and co ll come up with two in support. Am glad many sincere muslims re now coming to term with these grim realities. The best sincere muslims could do therefore is to form another religion-perhaps "The religion of Peace", with strong emphases on all your stated distinguished-features"-and leave islam for all the islamic terrorist all around the world, only then ll non-muslims believe you truely that your 'religion of peace' is not a terror religion.
^ @ bolded grin grin
You want to create more problems in the world?
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 31, 2013
Gen.ButtNaked:
Muhammad preached “No compulsion in religion.”
(Qur’an, Verse 2:256)

The Muslim Game:

Muslims quote verse 2:256 from the Qur’an to prove what a tolerant religion Islam is. The verse reads in part, “Let there be no compulsion in religion; truth stands out clearly from error…”

The Truth:

The Muslim who offers this verse may or may not understand that it is from one of the earliest Suras (or chapters) from the Medinan period. It was “revealed” at a time when the Muslims had just arrived in Medina after being chased out of Mecca. They needed to stay in the good graces of the stronger tribes around them, many of which were Jewish. It was around this time, for example, that Muhammad decided to have his followers change the direction of their prayer from Mecca to Jerusalem.

But Muslims today pray toward Mecca. The reason for this is that Muhammad issued a later command that abrogated (or nullified) the first. In fact, abrogation is a very important principle to keep in mind when interpreting the Qur’an – and verse 2:256 in particular – because later verses (in chronological terms) are said to abrogate any earlier ones that may be in contradiction (Qur'an 2:106, 16:101).

Muhammad’s message was far closer to peace and tolerance during his early years at Mecca, when he didn’t have an army and was trying to pattern his new religion after Christianity. This changed dramatically after he attained the power to conquer, which he eventually used with impunity to bring other tribes into the Muslim fold. Contrast verse 2:256 with Suras 9 and 5, which were the last “revealed,” and it is easy to see why Islam has been anything but a religion of peace from the time of Muhammad to the present day.

There is some evidence that verse 2:256 may not have been intended for Muslims at all, but is instead meant to be a warning to other religions concerning their treatment of Muslims. Verse 193 of the same Sura instructs Muslims to "fight with them (non-Muslims) until there is no more persecution and religion is only for Allah." This reinforces the narcissistic nature of Islam, which places Muslims above non-Muslims, and applies a very different value and standard of treatment to both groups.

Though most Muslims today reject the practice of outright forcing others into changing their religion, forced conversion has been a part of Islamic history since Muhammad first picked up a sword. As he is recorded in many places as saying, "I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah..." (See Bukhari 2:24)

Muhammad put his words into practice. When he marched into Mecca with an army, one of his very first tasks was to destroy idols at the Kaaba, which had been devoutly worshipped by the Arabs for centuries. By eliminating these objects of worship, he destroyed the religion of the people and supplanted it with his own. Later, he ordered that Jews and Christians who would not convert to Islam be expelled from Arabia. Does forcing others to choose between their homes or their faith sound like "no compulsion in religion?"

According to Muslim historians, Muhammad eventually ordered people to attend prayers at the mosque to the point of burning alive those who didn't comply. He also ordered that children who reached a certain age be beaten if they refused to pray.

Interestingly, even the same contemporary Muslims who quote 2:256 usually believe in Islamic teachings that sound very much like religious compulsion. These would be the laws punishing apostasy by death (or imprisonment, for females), and the institutionalized discrimination against religious minorities under Islamic rule that is sometimes referred to as “dhimmiitude.”

Islamic law explicitly prohibits non-Muslims from sharing their faith and even includes the extortion of money from them in the form of a tax called the jizya. Those who refuse to pay this arbitrary amount are put to death. If this isn’t compulsion, then what is?

do you guys read this man write up? I've read it before and believe of i know this religion that preach peace. This justified all terrorists killing in the world
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Mintayo(m): 12:56pm On May 31, 2013
Well done@d Op,but u are nt doing any good by posting dis here...we dnt need dis msg!

Put it into writing and mail it to bokoharam,al-queda; to iran,iraq,saudi arabia, pakistan and all other countries!
This msg is nt needed here...send it to those that need dem...and stop shying away from d truth!
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by phlame(m): 1:00pm On May 31, 2013
interesting LIE!!!
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by brown3: 1:05pm On May 31, 2013
~Bluetooth:

You are not making much sense buddy.

Do we have to crucify the whole Niger deltans for the evils of MEND ?

Do we have to crucify Nigeria for the sin of Abdul mutalab ?

Do we have to crucify Norway for the sin of the serial killer ?

Do we have to crucify Americans for their soldiers who are killing innocent people in pakistan and Afghanistan ?

Do we have to blame ibos for the crime of massob or just as we should blame the yorubas for the sin of OPC ?

I can also go on with my analysis but you know what in the end,you can't control of a billion people to just stick to an ideology and expect perfection much as you can't expect every Nigerian to be patriotic.there will always be dissident few in any majority but it doesn't necessarily mean the others support the actions of the dissidents.
80% of muslem re terorrists and the remaining 20% re radical and re potencial terorrists. When i say muslems i mean the real one not the fake once we have in south west Nigeria that only remember they re muslems during muslem festive period.
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Pontaboki: 1:07pm On May 31, 2013
Supported
linuses: Someone should as well tell us about their similarities so that we can understand better
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by ncpat(m): 1:08pm On May 31, 2013
They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh,that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.
And these things will they do unto you,because they have not known the Father,nor me.

JOHN 16 : 2-3

5 Likes

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by bingils(m): 1:13pm On May 31, 2013
I strongly commend my Muslim brothers & sisters who have tried to tell the world the truth but such truth always end up in deaf ears of fully bigoted non-Muslim individuals.

We(Muslims) don't have to make them believe what they don't want to believe, cos its a total waste of time to force facts into brains that have been affected by the lies they are fed with by the western media...

Please bigoted Christian adherents, you are entitled to your own beliefs, we can't change you or make you see the bright side, as such I implore you all to continue with the hate, its the best thing to happen at this crucial time of our existence... Its a known fact that we can't all be on the same page, so you can call us anything you so wish ok!

Seun, as a matter of urgency and how sensitive religion is perceived in Nigeria, I wish to advice that such topics shouldn't make front page as such attempts to make the bigoted Christians see Muslims differently have always fall short of its intents...
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by karpentar: 1:23pm On May 31, 2013
born2fuckpussy: To avoid being banned, please ensure that your post is not offensive to any religion......this will make me keep quiet

How should I know or care if any religion is offended? People should have freedom of expression. This is not Russia, or China or the place they brought down the wall. period.

3 Likes

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by DrSadikMagaji(m): 1:27pm On May 31, 2013
tex baba: Good stuff tho! But the dilema is that after these their henious acts, hey still go to the mosques to pray and the imams will not preach against them. hence tho they do not represents Mohammed's kind of islam, they are however accepted into the fold. what are we saying; good muslims should speak out, condemn them openly nd let it get to their consciousness that they are betraying pure islam. else what u are saying here makes no meaning to us non-muslims.
the Imams are defenceless esp in a country like Nigeria,they will just kill them n live their families on the hardest part of the world.
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Mintayo(m): 1:32pm On May 31, 2013
bingils: I strongly commend my Muslim brothers & sisters who have tried to tell the world the truth but such truth always end up in deaf ears of fully bigoted non-Muslim individuals.

We(Muslims) don't have to make them believe what they don't want to believe, cos its a total waste of time to force facts into brains that have been affected by the lies they are fed with by the western media...

Please bigoted Christian adherents, you are entitled to your own beliefs, we can't change you or make you see the bright side, as such I implore you all to continue with the hate, its the best thing to happen at this crucial time of our existence... Its a known fact that we can't all be on the same page, so you can call us anything you so wish ok!

you dnt knw that ppl dnt really care abt what u believe,as long as u dnt FORCE ur own believ on someone else!

You cn believe anything u want,who cares?
Just let others believe whatever they want too!
Period!

2 Likes

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by Akinsz: 1:40pm On May 31, 2013
Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are muslims

1 Like

Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by nelsn(m): 1:41pm On May 31, 2013
[quote
author=tex baba]Good stuff tho! But the dilema is that after these
their henious acts, hey still go to the mosques to pray and the imams
will not preach against them. hence tho they do not represents
Mohammed's kind of islam, they are however accepted into the fold. what
are we saying; good muslims should speak out, condemn them openly nd let
it get to their consciousness that they are betraying pure islam. else
what u are saying here makes no meaning to us non-muslims.[/quote]

u sabi tink......u really get sense
Re: Differences Between Boko Haram And Islam by IDnoble1: 1:43pm On May 31, 2013
People like that dont show their identity when they are in the congregation or they may not even join the peace minded muslims to pray in the mosque but pray together with the evil minded ones like them which hide under Islam to perpetrate their evils.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Will Sultan Always Be The One To Declare Fasting For A Whole Nation..? / Why Muslim Males Need Not Marry A Kitabi Female (christian/jewish Lady) / ABU TALIB - Beloved Uncle Of Muhammad( Mu'min Or Kafir?)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.