Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,560 members, 7,888,793 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 03:24 PM

Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners (83060 Views)

Makeover,ankara & Cake Training For Beginners & Upgraders In Warri-delta State / Free Microsoft Excel Training Materials: From Beginners To Advanced / What Tinder Did For Dating, Tableau Wants To Do For Spreadsheets (BI) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by MrSinister(m): 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2013
Wow! shocked op you are doing a great job. Keep it up, now following cool
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Sylvekzee(m): 2:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
Good! I have learnt something new today.

Though hough I did it on Quickoffice pro on my android phone.
Waiting for the day the knowledge will be useful.
The process is similar but when it gets to the calculation part, you realise that...... @op! you deceived me into thinking this tutorial was for the beginners and coconut-brainers as you emphasised.

You didn't think we coconut-brainers grin would want to know how you came up with those equations you used or what ? For example I had to think up the church-meaning of tithe as the one tenth of one's income before I grasped why the hell you had to put (=B*0.1) in B5 instead of the N10000 you outlined here.........

Salary =N100,000
Tithe = 10,000
Transport = 10,000
Feeding = 20,000
Enjoyment =30,000
Others = 20,000
Total expenditure = 90,000
Balnce = 10,000

Overall, It was a genuine lesson, but frankly due to the absence of term definitions and all, I had to do about all the thinking as to why some of the inputs should be put where they were put.

Looking forward to seeing the
rest of the lessons or is it done? embarassed

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jun 12, 2013
Sylvekzee: Good! I have learnt something new today.

Though hough I did it on Quickoffice pro on my android phone.
Waiting for the day the knowledge will be useful.
The process is similar but when it gets to the calculation part, you realise that...... @op! you deceived me into thinking this tutorial was for the beginners and coconut-brainers as you emphasised.

You didn't think we coconut-brainers grin would want to know how you came up with those equations you used or what ? For example I had to think up the church-meaning of tithe as the one tenth of one's income before I grasped why the hell you had to put (=B*0.1) in B5 instead of the N10000 you outlined here.........

Overall, It was a genuine lesson, but frankly due to the absence of term definitions and all, I had to do about all the thinking as to why some of the inputs should be put where they were put.

Looking forward to seeing the
rest of the lessons or is it done? embarassed

Bros nor mind our teacher o.... e just dey try tell us say, incase you get coconut head, you better go drain the water comot , because seriously, excel is the most tasking package of the whole lot...

Back to topic... fantastic job op, hopefully peeps can take advantage of this and become better at using this awesome package.

Personally am already in advanced level... currently studying VBA and am loving it...
Shebi dem say we wen nor get 2.1 no go get jobs, lets wait and see na.... we go learn until we sabi everything ni...

Oga esere abeg make the lessons continue, but tell them say na those when their coconut head nor get water again go fit understand am o grin grin grin

I actually taught excel during my NYSC to fellow corpers, so if our input is needed, we will happily become your graduate assistant grin grin grin

Time is what I have plenty of at the moment, but hopefully not for long angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 4:49am On Jun 13, 2013
LOL

u guys are really funny. But good to know ur learning,.... and learning fast
Spreadsheets are extemely useful o.. for life and work

Even when I am broke, Spreadsheets tell me how to navigate with my lean finances

I'll gradually push out more Excel knowledge. I just need to ensure that what I put out is usefull to all

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by sleekcm(m): 12:53pm On Jun 14, 2013
@esere826, thank you so much. Please do not stop. More lessons please!
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by luvola(m): 10:42am On Jun 15, 2013
@ op - GOD GO BLESS U FOR THIS IMPORTANT PRACTICAL TUITORIA TIPS... I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS KIND OF PRACTICAL EXPLANATION WITH THE AID OF DIAGRAM ON HOW TO USE EXCEL ET AL... PLEASE I BEG U IN THE NAME OF GOD TO PLEASE SEND TO MY EMAIL ADDRESS THE FULL VERSION OF THIS TYPE OF PRACTICAL PRESENTATION ON HOW TO USE EXCEL,POWER POINT,MS WORD,COREL DRAW,OUTLOOK ET AL.. ...MY EMAIL IS - olaklives05@yahoo.com ... hope to see your beep..GOD BLESS YOU WITH THIS TIP..AM A GRADUATE OF ACCOUNTING BRO.. MOD MOVE THIS THREAD TO THE FRONT PAGE PLS
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by luvola(m): 10:43am On Jun 15, 2013
@ ESERE - PLS DNT STOP THE LECTURE , JUST CONTINUE PLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jun 15, 2013
@op. Pls we need you to continue. Some of us can't afford to go to standard IT schools to get this invaluable knowledge u've been sharing.

Pls go on op. My email is kuntosh73@gmail.com
Twitter @kuntosh
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 10:36am On Jun 17, 2013
YOUR LIFE BEFORE YOUR EYES

1st Goal: Erase all data from your Excel sheet

-With your cursour, Go to the box between the left of A column and top of 1st Row (see figure 1 in diagram below)
-click on the box. This automatically highlights all data in the sheet (see figure 1)
-press on the key 'delete' on your keypad. This deletes all data in the sheet. The 'delete' key might be somewhere on the Right hand side of your keyboard

You can recover all you've lost by pointing your cursor to the 'undo typing' (see figure 2) and clicking with your mouse

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 10:41am On Jun 17, 2013
YOUR LIFE BEFORE YOUR EYES 2

Assuming you are wondering what to make of your life in the years to come, Spreadsheets could be extremely usefull
Lets see:

Year: 2013; Your Age: 19; Your Uni level: Yr 1

we will look out for dates we shld be married, have our houses, have kids, buryour parents, send our kids to school, and kick the bucket at a repectable age etc using spreadsheets
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 11:02am On Jun 17, 2013
In cell A1, type: Year .... In cell B1, type: Uni Level ....In cell C1, type: My age
In cell D1, type: Dad's age ... In cell E1, type: Mums Age ...In cell F1, type: 1st child's age
In cell G1, type: 2nd child's age...... In cell H1, type: 3rd child's age

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 11:10am On Jun 17, 2013
YOUR LIFE BEFORE YOUR EYES 3

You notice that sizes of cells E, F, G, and H are too small for the data inputted into them.
To expand the cells so that data fits more nicely into it, you can do any of these:

Move your cursor gently to the line seperating one column from the next
For example,
move your cursor to the line dividing header F, from header G
u'll notice that the cursor shape has changed from something like this + to something like this <-|->

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by rodeo0070(m): 8:35pm On Jun 19, 2013
***Raising my right hand***
Why is this not on front page?
***Continues browsing***
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 8:41pm On Jun 19, 2013
rodeo0070: ***Raising my right hand***
Why is this not on front page?
***Continues browsing***

because its not finished.
1stly, because if it hits front page when it is not finished,... we'll all have fun making a mess of it with comments by the likes of Yuzedo etc

2 Likes

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 8:55pm On Jun 19, 2013
YOUR LIFE BEFORE YOUR EYES 4

now, when your cusor changes to this <-|->
double click and drag the line either left or right to expand or contract it
then relaese the click

You can also do same to the horizontal sizes by clicking on the header sections of the rows,
for example, between 1 and 2
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 9:06pm On Jun 19, 2013
YOUR LIFE BEFORE YOUR EYES 5

Another way of expanding the cells is by first clicking on the cell between the left of column header A and top of row header B
(This highlights the entire spreadsheet)

You can then resize any of the row or column headers as I demonstrated in the earlier post
(This sizing affects the entire spreadsheet)

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by yuzedo: 9:53pm On Jun 19, 2013
op esure666 bro nice tread by d way. I mean it from botomm of my hat. Cheer. wink

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by rodeo0070(m): 10:32am On Jun 20, 2013
esere826:

because its not finished.
1stly, because if it hits front page when it is not finished,... we'll all have fun making a mess of it with comments by the likes of Yuzedo etc
True talk...
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by oluplus(m): 3:40pm On Jun 20, 2013
Good thread. Closely following
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by luvola(m): 8:58am On Jun 22, 2013
@ ESERE - May God bless your generation..i dey follow this thread..pls continue ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...waiting mode for the remaining lecture...
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Pretty4ril: 9:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
Good job.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by nkiie: 8:10am On Jun 27, 2013
cryPls does any one knw a site whre I can downlOad. Apptitude test for free?I v test on friday...pleaseeeeee sad
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
Good work Mr.sinister smiley
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by luvola(m): 10:54pm On Jun 30, 2013
@ esere - pls we are seldomly waiting for u to complete this strategic topic
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by CrazyMan(m): 9:47am On Jul 01, 2013
nkiie: cryPls does any one knw a site whre I can downlOad. Apptitude test for free?I v test on friday...pleaseeeeee sad
Go to my profile and send me a mail, and I would send you the PDF attachment for free I have it on my laptop.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jul 01, 2013
Nice Job you are doing..... Pls crazy man can i send u send me d attachment too?
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Toble: 11:21am On Jul 02, 2013
Nice job..really learn from this.Thumbs up
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 12:49pm On Jul 03, 2013
Sorry guys
I am a little bit busy at the moment.
I'll return to update next week...
Just keep on practicing what you've already learnt

.......Cheers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

The Salary Of An Average Nigerian Soldier Will Shock You / Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) / Man Spotted Love Machine In Their Office Today - Photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.