Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,462 members, 7,917,395 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 04:45 AM

Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners (83257 Views)

Makeover,ankara & Cake Training For Beginners & Upgraders In Warri-delta State / Free Microsoft Excel Training Materials: From Beginners To Advanced / What Tinder Did For Dating, Tableau Wants To Do For Spreadsheets (BI) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by frankmoore07: 3:03pm On Jul 18, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]Please am solely in need of Dragnet past Questions for my upcominq exams am having from them.......please any one who has can send to my email: aceshady@yahoo.com......and save a soul today!.......God Bless you all forever!.......thankyou......am still hoping.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 4:37pm On Jul 18, 2014
catchdwind4rmkd: CAN SOMEONE PLS HELP ME ON HOW TO CREATE A "DROP DOWN LIST" ON EXCEL?

By this I meant having a cell with an arrow which you can click and see a drop down of some list of items from which you can choose from.

ALSO, I'LL NEED A HELP ON HOW TO CREATE A CELL THAT CONTAINS A CONDITIONAL STATEMENT FOR WHICH YOU CAN GET ANY OF 3 COLOURS AND A SUM FUNCTION.

BYthis I meant having a cell for say a yearly certification requirement such that if the certificate is still valid the cell will display GREEN and the expected expiry date; if the certificate will expire in a month's time, the cell will displace YELLOW and the expiry date; and if the certificate has expired, the cell will display RED and the expiry date. This will enable a planner plan to recertify an item before it expires.

I'll be glad to get a HELP from the team here.

Are you able to watch youtube videos
I cld post some links for the tasks that you've mentioned

..cheers
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2014
esere826:

..cheers
Please continue with the tutorials. na be I dey o!!!!!
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 6:48pm On Jul 18, 2014
GoldenDr: Please continue with the tutorials. na be I dey o!!!!!

I am thinking if making videos in response to questions and embedding them on this thread might not be more useful.

My concern is if the Nigerian based audience have enough byte power to watch them.
I'll do a little survey to find out
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 6:49pm On Jul 18, 2014
Hi guys

If you would rather I create videos and post them on this thread please click like

9 Likes

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 6:51pm On Jul 18, 2014
Hi guys

If you would rather I that I use texts and pictures for this thread instead of videos, please click like

16 Likes

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 11:57am On Jul 19, 2014
I have access any media (Video, Pictures or Text)

I'm a fast learner, so you don't have a problem in that.

I will be glad to get your help on this one.

Thanks
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 12:03pm On Jul 19, 2014
esere826:

..cheers

Thanks for your interest Esere.

I'm able to watch youtube videos, and it'll be well appreciated.

I'll be glad to get a prompt response on this as I have a target time to do this else the assistance offered may not meet the immediate need but will sure provide the needed knowledge for future tasks.

If the video or pictures will take you time to provide, I can accept just clear text instructions on this as I'm not a novice nor beginner in excel, I'm an intermediate user.

Thanks.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2014
I am still waiting sir
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2014
catchdwind4rmkd: I am still waiting sir
i'll try to do something this weekend
'i've been xtremely busy
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by kenilo: 12:04am On Jul 24, 2014
LOOKING FOR STYLISTS AND BARBERS FOR IMMEDIATE EMPLOYMENT at No 6 Olowu street Ikeja ''Be EXQUISTE UNISEX SALOON
send your age name and number and indicate your experience to 08074649215

Interview will be scheduled on 27/07/2014

Remuneration is very attractive
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 7:38am On Jul 24, 2014
OK Sir
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 11:28pm On Jul 27, 2014
catchdwind4rmkd: I am still waiting sir

Hope this helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsH18S_pysI

2 Likes

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 11:52pm On Jul 27, 2014
^^^^
oops just realised that I forgot to add conditional formatting in the video
sorry about that

this is how you do it:

Highlight d15 to G21
go to "conditional formating"
go to "new rule"
go to the last one called "use a formula to determine which cell to format"

in the "format value where this formula is true" box
type $f15="Red"
click format
got to "fill"

choose red
click ok
click ok

Repeat
using $f15="Yellow"

Then finally, repeat using $f15="Green"
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 10:38am On Jul 28, 2014
THANKS BRO.

I'LL TAKE A LOOK AND GET FURTHER ASSISTANCE IF REQUIRED.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 8:58pm On Jul 28, 2014
esere826:

Hope this helps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsH18S_pysI

SUPERB SIR.

VERY EASY AND HELPFUL!

U'RE RLY GOOD AT THIS.

I HAVE ASKED LOTS OF PALS FOR OVER A YEAR BUT NEVER GOT A WAY OUT.

HAD I NOT BEEN IN DIRE NEED OF IT THIS TIME, I WOULDN'T HAVE REMEMBERED NICE FORUMS SUCH AS THIS.

THANKS.

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by fizcoo20(m): 5:27pm On Aug 05, 2014
this thread is fascinating. it will aid so many people in their Excel proficiency. dis incredible. keep it up. d thread adminstrator, kindly send me ur contact on my mail box: afizcoo@yahoo.com or afizcoo@gmail.com. may God Almighty continue to intensify ur knowledge. Amen.. God will reward you on dis innovation... i will b xpecting ur reply as well ur remarks... hav a marvelous wk ahead...

1 Like

Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by MissIndependent(f): 5:32pm On Aug 06, 2014
An0nimus: Student #1 cool I get a scholarship that covers materials and tuition Sir?
@An0nimus long time watsup? Please send the materials to my mail i need it urgently thanks.

peaceoghe@gmail.com smiley
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 06, 2014
MissIndependent: @An0nimus long time watsup? Please send the materials to my mail i need it urgently thanks.

Abeg send me some o. Once you have it!
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by MissIndependent(f): 7:35pm On Aug 06, 2014
2sExy1: Abeg send me some o. Once you have it!
You sure say you need am? cheesy
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 06, 2014
MissIndependent: You sure say you need am? cheesy
grin mbok sure na
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by An0nimus: 11:04am On Aug 08, 2014
MissIndependent: @An0nimus long time watsup? Please send the materials to my mail i need it urgently thanks.

Didn't really get materials sent to me from here but I should have one or two excel PDFs somewhere. Will look for it and send soonest.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by MissIndependent(f): 11:34am On Aug 08, 2014
An0nimus:

Didn't really get materials sent to me from here but I should have one or two excel PDFs somewhere. Will look for it and send soonest.
ok thanks
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by ephi123(f): 8:20pm On Aug 09, 2014
@esere826, manny4life
not sure if this is a beginner question or not.. but would appreciate some help
I recorded a macro to create a pivot table, the macro records fine but then fails when I run it. I did run it on the same dataset (same rows and cols) as when I recorded it. I've checked online on forums and tried some suggestions but none has worked. Any idea what the problem might be?
Thanks
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by manny4life(m): 10:13pm On Aug 09, 2014
ephi123: @esere826, manny4life
not sure if this is a beginner question or not.. but would appreciate some help
I recorded a macro to create a pivot table, the macro records fine but then fails when I run it. I did run it on the same dataset (same rows and cols) as when I recorded it. I've checked online on forums and tried some suggestions but none has worked. Any idea what the problem might be?
Thanks

Hello ephi,

This is not a beginner question, Macros and Pivots are advanced and intermediate respectively. The reason why it may not have worked because of the lengthy code. The macro can only collect the data range and create the table, but selecting / ticking the options you want shown on your table will overburden the macro sequence and can possibly make it not run.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by ephi123(f): 11:00am On Aug 11, 2014
manny4life:

Hello ephi,

This is not a beginner question, Macros and Pivots are advanced and intermediate respectively. The reason why it may not have worked because of the lengthy code. The macro can only collect the data range and create the table, but selecting / ticking the options you want shown on your table will overburden the macro sequence and can possibly make it not run.

thanks a bunch. will try again without selecting options
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by An0nimus: 10:47am On Aug 13, 2014

Sent.
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by MissIndependent(f): 11:09am On Aug 13, 2014
An0nimus:

Sent.
ok I will check my mail. Thanks smiley
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 15, 2014
@ OP. Please can you recommend an institute where I can learn more about excel?
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by esere826: 11:27pm On Aug 15, 2014
tosh26: @ OP. Please can you recommend an institute where I can learn more about excel?
try dataville
http://www.data-ville.com/sitemap/

i think they organise Excel lessons
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by eldersteve1: 12:59am On Aug 17, 2014
[size=14pt]Dont wait start an sms business today. Get your own Bulk SMS Website Within 24 Hours N10,000 only and buy cheap and reliable sms as
low as 0.70kobo or less
With:
Free User Guide, Free ebook on how to get over 2000bulksms
Free 500 Units
Free GSM Number Database of your state
We will give you free coaching to make money from the sms industry
visit www.smswholesellers.com, 08140970926

www.smswholesellers.com is the cheapest sms in nigeria, www.smswholesellers.com is the best sms in Nigeria with very wide client network, www.smswholesellers.com offers free sms API, www.smswholesellers.com sales bulk sms in Nigeria at a very cheap price of 0.65 kobo terms and condition applies. www.smswholesellers.com offers sms desktop application for free and can also configure and develop sms desktop and mobile application for your sms website.
[/size]
Re: Learn How To Use Excel Spreadsheets For Beginners by LAUREYJAY: 1:08pm On Aug 20, 2014
THE ENTREPRENEUR IN YOU
So went to ATARI and said,”Hey we’ve got this amazing thing, even built with some of your parts, and what do you think about funding us? Or we’ll give it to you. We just want to do it. Pay our salary; we’ll come and work for you. And they said, “NO so then we went to Hewlett-Packard, and they said, hey, we don’t need you. You haven’t gone through college yet.”

The above is the story by APPLE COMPUTER INC. Founder Steve jobs on attempt to get Atari and HP interested in his and Steve Wozniak’s highly innovative personal computers in a era of mainframe computers. The rest is history as Apple Computer Inc shook the computer world with the Apple PCs, beyond the imagination of Atari and HP.

What is my meaning? Not all eyes that looks sees, but the eyes that look with the intension of seeing.
Who is an Entrepreneur?

He sees opportunity, turns it into a business, creates value and mobilizes resources.
It is estimated that about 3 million people enters the labour market in Nigeria every year, most of these are graduates or dropouts from the various levels of the educational sector, it is widely accepted that about 10% of these graduates find jobs in formal sector. The vast majority of the remaining 90% are usually unemployed or underemployed for many years, with many drifting into the informal sector. It is also a well known fact that 20% of the employed lose their jobs every year in Nigeria.

Consequently, there is urgent need to think outside the box, we have the potentials to change this ugly trend and become employers of labour. You just need the right push, skill and information to unlock your creative abilities. You have always been your own boss, the problem is that you just have not looked inward and discover yourself. Nigeria has an amazing population for business ,Asian, Americans, and the entire Europe have taken advantage of our size and enriched themselves greatly ,how about you a son of the soil? How long would you keep passing up opportunities, procrastinating your wealth and dream life. Take a step today that will transform your life and your generations unborn, don’t let your children ask you: “where were you when others were making money”

Attend our free weekend seminars discover how you can become your own boss with as low as N10, 000. Week days Monday - Thursday @ 26/28 karimu laka st. Egbeda, off Egbeda bus-stop by 10 am prompt.
Don’t be left out, there are limited seats, send NAME, SEX AND LOCATION to 08183130584 to book a seat for free. Please no flashing, no African time.
This initiative is powered by: AGLOW STAR GLOBAL LIMITED, for serious mind individuals (employed, unemployed business men and women e.t.c )
NEVER DEPEND ON SINGLE INCOME MAKE INVESTMENT TO CREATE A SECOND SOURCE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Female Graduate Is A Taxi Driver In Abuja (photos) / Man Spotted Love Machine In Their Office Today - Photos / Pharmacy Vs Nursing: Which Is More Lucrative?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.