Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,823 members, 7,898,969 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:01 AM

Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama (6063 Views)

The National Assembly Complex: A Closer Look (photos) / Awolowo's Daughter To Achebe: We Are Disappointed / Achebe On Awolowo: Has He Gone Too Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by coogar: 9:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
babyosisi: Granted I am no genius of poetry but anybody that makes WS write poetry to fill up Vanguard must certainly be worth much

you are a disgusting hypocrite!
the same wole soyinka you rubbished few days ago? cheiiii - your mentality is weaker than bin laden's heart condition!

2 Likes

Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jun 05, 2013
May you see this fine guy/baba in his 30s, 50s and 70s in your dream.

Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 06, 2013
Ola Johnson: May you see this fine guy/baba in his 30s, 50s and 70s in your dream.

The man is sexy no doubt
Ijebu men rock lipsrsealed
I have already crowned him the sexiest senior citizen alive
Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by coogar: 12:16am On Jun 06, 2013
babyosisi:

The man is sexy no doubt
Ijebu men rock lipsrsealed
I have already crowned him the sexiest senior citizen alive

pete edochie is sexier.
an african senior citizen without his pot-belly is a no-no!
Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by Nobody: 12:23am On Jun 06, 2013
Any more Chinua news?

1 Like

Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by T8ksy(m): 9:59am On Jun 06, 2013
Meanwhile, back at the ranch, no one has been able to explain how exactly achebe drew his own country

closer?
That's the 64 thousand dollar question o.
Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by fyneIjay(f): 10:19am On Jun 06, 2013
T8ksy: Meanwhile, back at the ranch, no one has been able to explain how exactly achebe drew his own country

closer?
If it disturbs you so much write a letter of protest to President Barack Obama, The Commander in Chief of The United States Armed Forces.

2 Likes

Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by T8ksy(m): 10:31am On Jun 06, 2013
fyne_Ijay:
If it disturbs you so much write a letter of protest to President Barack Obama, The Commander in Chief of The United States Armed Forces.

Ol' boy, abeg ,no vex o. Its just that there has been so much uproar following obama's speech that he achebe drew the world closer. Ok, while this assertion might be debatable depending on individual's vintage position, however a poster asked this question and no one has given it much consideration. I, as a nigerian (at the moment) will also like to know how achebe has draw us closer to one another in his professional capacity. Afterall, charity they says, begins at home. Good that he drew the world closer but did he bother to draw his people closer to their immediate neighbours whom they share a country with? And if he did, how did he accomplish such a feat?
Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 06, 2013
fyne_Ijay:
we know you're not literate, but behave like you're: must you attempt a question that is not forced on you with an answer you know is wrong?
Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by fyneIjay(f): 12:51pm On Jun 06, 2013
Ola Johnson:
we know you're not literate, but behave like you're: must you attempt a question that is not forced on you with an answer you know is wrong?
I will rather revel in my 'illiteracy' than have you kind of 'literacy'.

1 Like

Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by ACM10: 1:14pm On Jun 06, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Where did you see that in my quote?

Omo, no be you make this comment?

Ola Johnson:
Anybody can be honoured. But this one is coming to a man that is dead; you saying Wole Soyinka could not be honoured, nay celebrated that way does not hold water because he is still alive. Soyinka will be celebrated as a living legend, not as a dead person whom everybody would wish a peaceful rest like Achebe. Meanwhile I'm still reading There Was A Country, noting the lies in it. I just finished where he titled, The Asaba Massacre. CA saw this as bad, if at all it is not hyped, but saw nothing wrong in Joe Achuzia's "Biafran" troops carrying a raid on the the Second Division of the Nigerian Army led by Murtala Muhammad.

I threw the question based on the highlighted portion of your comment. The bolded shows that you do not discriminate between legitimate and illegitimate military targets. Since you have a twisted understanding of legitimate military target, I decided to go to the basics and ask you to "define leitimate military target".

Did Achuzia attack civilians?

Did Murtala Muhammed attack civilians?
Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 06, 2013
My reading of Chinua Achebe's There Was A Country, which I just finished, has given me a first hand information and confirmation of the lies some people said are in it when it was just published. Though being objective could not be easy, at least subjectivity should be reduced. But in the case of Chinua Achebe, it was glaring.
Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by 7842I: 5:23pm On Jun 06, 2013
Ola Johnson: My reading of Chinua Achebe's There Was A Country, which I just finished, has given me a first hand information and confirmation of the lies some people said are in it when it was just published. Though being objective could not be easy, at least subjectivity should be reduced. But in the case of Chinua Achebe, it was glaring.

Thank God, your knowledge has just been enriched by the greatest literary giant in Africa.

1 Like

Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 06, 2013
7842I:

Thank God, your knowledge has just been enriched by the greatest literary giant in Africa.
Nonsense. It was like reading a tract: no esoteric style.
Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by 7842I: 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2013
Ola Johnson:
Nonsense. It was like reading a tract: no esoteric style.

But you finished the tract of over 400 pages? Bwhahahahahahahah

Achebe described you in his previous book things fall apart, you are like that man that has finished demolishing the plate of akpu and egusi soup before remembering to tell the wife that there is very little salt in the soup grin

2 Likes

Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by austinkenneth: 5:48pm On Jun 06, 2013
ACM10:

Omo, no be you make this comment?

I threw the question based on the highlighted portion of your comment. The bolded shows that you do not discriminate between legitimate and illegitimate military targets. Since you have a twisted understanding of legitimate military target, I decided to go to the basics and ask you to "define leitimate military target".

Did Achuzia attack civilians?

Did Murtala Muhammed attack civilians?

Be careful how u reply him. He may be here just here to derail this thread.

When we have meaningful discusions on this forum, we should be careful of those who try to throw a thread off topic,so much that the original discussion will be unable to continue even though it may be intentional or unintentional.
Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by 7842I: 5:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
austinkenneth:

Be careful how u reply him. He may be here just here to derail this thread.

When we have meaningful discusions on this forum, we should be careful of those who try to throw a thread off topic,so much that the original discussion will be unable to continue even though it may be intentional or unintentional.

Nobody can derail Achebe, the man is getting more and more popular, I heard the pope himself is preparing to make Achebe a saint........... suicide rate in the SW will just rise.......
Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 06, 2013
7842I:

But you finished the tract of over 400 pages? Bwhahahahahahahah

Achebe described you in his previous book things fall apart, you are like that man that has finished demolishing the plate of akpu and egusi soup before remembering to tell the wife that there is very little salt in the soup grin
I'm not like you and your fellow "Jews" that won't read a particular thing but will be passing judgement and comments on it, as seen in your view of Wole Soyinka.
Re: Achebe Drew The World Closer- Obama by SonOfEl(m): 7:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
T8ksy: Meanwhile, back at the ranch, no one has been able to explain how exactly achebe drew his own country

closer?

lets just assume you don't know, and that you are willing and sincere to know.
Achebe brought a clear, original and unbiased understanding of africa to the world. He drew africa closer to the world. Africans have a rich culture, trade and commerce, defence, corrective and judiciary system, enduring system of govt, calendar system, religion, and values. Africans have strengths and flaws. Africans, like other races of humans, are simply and unapologetically human.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Happy Birthday OAM4J / Breaking:entire Boko Haram Force At Konduga Wiped Out By Army Troops. 400 Killed / We Are Not Aware Nnamdi Kanu Committed Any Crime-kuje Prison Inmate

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.