Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,028 members, 7,933,477 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 August 2024 at 07:51 AM

Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies (24372 Views)

Protest In London Over The Killing Of Shiites By Nigerian Army In Zaria (Photos) / Nigerians Protest At MTN, Multichoice, And Shoprite Offices' Outlet / South African Wives Of Nigerians Protest In Johannesburg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 05, 2013
Mystery finally solved!

Amaechi's supporters have gone global grin grin grin

Coalition Group Accuses FG Of Muzzling Gov Amaechi

A rights group under the aegis of the Coalition for Democracy has accused the Nigerian central government of attempting to muzzle Rivers State Governor Mr. Rotimi Amaechi and therefore called for caution.

In a petition it presented to British Prime Minister Mr. David Cameron, at Downing Street, on Wednesday, the group described as dictatorial alleged move by the Federal Government to muzzle Mr. Amaechi to submission for failing to relinquish the leadership of the Nigeria's Governors Forum (NGF) to Mr. Jonah Jang, governor of Plateau State.

The group is worried that governor Amaechi's travails stems from the 2015 ambition of President Goodluck Jonathan.

"Our worries arise from the dangerous use of federal might by the President Goodluck Jonathan-led administration to undermine all democratic structures in Rivers State amidst plans to expand this political subterfuge to other states in the federation as the 2015 general elections," leader of the coalition Mr. Daniel Kurobo, said.

Mr. Kurobo alleged that on "May 4, 2013, commissioner of police and other Rivers state security chiefs in charge of army, navy, air force and the Director of the State Security Services (SSS) met with the First Lady in Yenagoa, Bayelsa –a neighbouring state to forment trouble against the elected in Rivers State".

The group alleged that "the Commissioner of Police of Rivers State, Mr. Joseph Mbu is directly being instigated by President Goodluck Jonathan and the Inspector General of the Police (IGP) Mr. Mohammed Abubakar to engineer this breakdown of law and order" in the state.

The statement said, "We are raising this alarm based on the cosmopolitan nature of Port Harcourt, Rivers State given the high number of foreigners particularly from the West who are either doing legitimate business there or residing."

Source

Diaspora Nigerians Protest Goodluck Jonathan`s Dictatorial Tendencies

Irked by alleged dictatorial tendencies of President Goodluck Jonathan, Hundreds of diaspora Nigerians, resident in London, today, picketed 10 Downing Street, where they presented a copy of their petition to the British Prime Minister.

The Petition, titled UNSUSTAINABLE LEVEL OF ORCHESTRATED POLITICAL TENSIONS IN NIGERIA and signed by Daniel Timi Kurobo,reads,

"Nigeria burns and a conflagration will have severe consequences internationally if not immediately stopped. As a matter of fact, democracy in Nigeria is slowly but surely inching closer to an early grave. Nigeria is close to the precipice –suggesting the possibility of another military coup which we do not want. But it may shock you to know that Nigerians in their teeming numbers are already canvassing for this as the only antidote to a budding civilian dictatorship. This is more of a grave concern as you could imagine.

Distinguished Prime minister, Sir, we are by this significant protest today right at your official premises and in the act of the presentation of our petition seeking your immediate intervention in Nigeria before it is too late and intractable to do so. Your timely intervention through a fact-finding mission to Nigeria is of utmost concern considering the grave implication the crisis in Nigeria could have on the international community, particularly Britain. Our fears arise from the dangerous use of federal might by the President Goodluck Jonathan-led administration to undermine democratic structures in Rivers State. Plans are also at advanced stage to expand this political subterfuge to other states in the federation as Nigeria approaches the 2015 general elections. The next is Niger State and followed by Lagos and Jigawa States. The existing state of emergency in Yobe, Borno and Adamawa States is also part of the scheme.

Read More
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by clint77ng: 10:23pm On Jun 05, 2013
so obvious most Nigerians didn't buy dis crap. The retardeen, clueless, dullard, clueless now a dictator. Hahaha. Nija na wa oooo.
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by anonimi: 10:25pm On Jun 05, 2013
Let me try to make this clearer for those who may have reading problems

tomakint: Idleness at its peak! Indeed, an idle mind is the Devil's workshop undecided What are they protesting against?

* That Boko Haram have been caged now by Jonathan's government!
* That many foreign investors are trooping into the country creating many employment opportunities for youths!
* That their are massive rehabilitations going on at federal roads and new ones are being constructed!
* That Jonathan is going for 2nd term after rubbishing many works of past administrations within his 3years!
* That power sector has improved more than previous administrations!
* That Nigerian foregn reserve is improving and affecting lives!
* That many initiatives targeted towards youth employments is yielding results!
* That our railway system is now up and working well!
* That Jonathan gave women voices in his administration!
* That by December 2014, Jonathan's achievements will be equal to none since Nigeria came to be!

I can go on and on, but let me stop for other well meaning analysts in the house to add more! Whosoever is behind the sponsoring of these 'rented protesters' must be ashamed of himself or herself cool
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by biafranqueen: 10:27pm On Jun 05, 2013
Hahaha none of the protesters are Nigerians that is why they cover face

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 05, 2013
Zet72: Why protest in London why not come home & stage it at Eagle square or Gani fahwemi park ....These people from this tribe...smh for them
animul! those people are hired(lebanese) protesters!!!! tongue tongue
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by BEDMON1900: 10:45pm On Jun 05, 2013
tomakint: Idleness at its peak! Indeed, an idle mind is the Devil's workshop undecided What are they protesting against? That Boko Haram have been caged now by Jonathan's government! That many foreign investors are trooping into the country creating many employment opportunities for youths! That their are massive rehabilitations going on at federal roads and new ones are being constructed! That Jonathan is going for 2nd term after rubbishing many works of past administrations within his 3years! That power sector has improved more than previous administrations! That Nigerian foregn reserve is improving and affecting lives! That many initiatives targeted towards youth employments is yielding results! That our railway system is now up and working well! That Jonathan gave women voices in his administration! That by December 2014, Jonathan's achievements will be equal to none since Nigeria came to be! I can go on and on, but let me stop for other well meaning analysts in the house to add more! Whosoever is behind the sponsoring of these 'rented protesters' must be ashamed of himself or herself cool
south south mentality....
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by ZeusI: 10:49pm On Jun 05, 2013
What side of Nigeria are those from? I laugh at them.
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by peleson: 10:49pm On Jun 05, 2013
No matter how hard Nigerians bad-mouth the president, they know where the line stops.. Nigerians know who they want in Aso rock. Naija still prefer GEJ forget!!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by musiwa26: 11:35pm On Jun 05, 2013
video saying the governor of yobe did not vote.... and picture showing governor of taraba is in an hospital in the USA. t

it is not possible to conduct free and fair election in nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CQvPD83Rbg

Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by NSNA: 12:21am On Jun 06, 2013
[size=15pt]Somebody was recruiting for this on my blackberry messenger £18 per hour. Seriously![/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by SensibleMusa: 2:52am On Jun 06, 2013
I see Lebanese faces...does this have anything to do with Amigo supermarket?
I won't pay them the full deal, I counted 14 but we agreed 41 grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by Almostnormal: 6:09am On Jun 06, 2013
asorocker: Idle Nigerian Hypocrites are now protesting in London rather than Abuja or Lagos , this is the beginning of the end for some hypocrites who stole Nigeria Blind and are now waking up to cry now that another person is on sit
thanks dear, idleness is a big problem, what prove of dictorial tendencies has gej portrayed, all those ppl ravaging the country are the ones sponsoring this campaign of calumny
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by caukerzee(m): 6:49am On Jun 06, 2013
Bashirfuntua: The fact is that gej is trying to use dictatoship but these silly nigerians are wasting their time protesting in the street of england (error)
What fu©king dictatorship? LOL...there GEJ haters never seem to amaze me. Because it is againSt GEJ you must see the right in it huh? Whether in kano or toronto whether i lagos or london whether in algeria or nigeria, this protest is ridiculously s t u p i d. Only a hater, of course like you would say GEJ is a dictator just to bring him down. These abokis are pathetic.
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by Kjking(m): 7:20am On Jun 06, 2013
Lol! Dis is so hilarious! Bunch of jobless people! Abeg oga cameron find food gve dm make them chop!! Na hunger cos am. Lool!
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by DoffMan2: 7:44am On Jun 06, 2013
NSNA: [size=15pt]Somebody was recruiting for this on my blackberry messenger £18 per hour. Seriously![/size]

£18 is more than 100% increase for those minimum wagers! Is that the reason why our nanny called in sick yesterday?
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by OCCULTIST(m): 8:20am On Jun 06, 2013
This is the handiwork or enemies of Prosperity, we pass them,no weapon fashioned against Nigeria shall prosper,they should remain in london and wash ladies underwears while we remain in Nigeria to build it for the betterment of our kids,protesting for their misserable lives,am sure this are Boko Haram Sponsors they should be arrested and executed
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by bobthebuilder99(m): 9:02am On Jun 06, 2013
Nigerians are so foolish.

Whenever we hear something we don't like, we decide it must be lies.
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by patrick89(m): 9:11am On Jun 06, 2013
asorocker: Hundreds of Nigerians, today,protested in London over what they described as “President Goodluck Jonathan’s dictatorial tendencies.”
The protesters marched to 10 Downing street where they presented a copy of their petition to the British Prime Minister.
Details later.

Source

This protest were obviously carried out by ACF, these protesters should be arrested!!!!! They also made this statement here also in Nigeria, they are the only people in the country that have labeled GEJ a Dictator!!!
Read these lines from them!

“Why did the President not include MEND(Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta), NDVF (Niger Delta Volunteer Force), OPC (Odua People’s Congress), Ombatse, etc in the ban since these organisations also engage in acts of terrorism?
“Was Boko Haram a legal organisation before the ban? He(President) just sleeps, dreams and acts on his dreams without thinking. Laws are made for all but GEJ’s law is discriminatoryand with ethnic bias.

And they exposed their sorry selves here by re quoting this........

“This is civilian dictatorship and not democracy. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.”
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 06, 2013
@All,

My investigations reveal this protest was carried out by a pro-Atiku group known as 'Coalition for Democracy' (CD). That's all!
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by iKoksi(m): 10:37am On Jun 06, 2013
hmmm....., Joblessness have really improved in d uk!
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by jimrox: 1:00pm On Jun 06, 2013
All these are going on, where is Dr Doyin Okupe? is he still around?
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by hiuser(m): 2:51pm On Jun 06, 2013
- I' a biology teacher
- i'm not pocahontas but we help them there as well
- I'm a professor
- i'm ...am i a pirate?

O.K...let's say i'm a police officer!
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by thelonestranger: 7:39pm On Jun 06, 2013
musiwa26: video saying the governor of yobe did not vote.... and picture showing governor of taraba is in an hospital in the USA. t

it is not possible to conduct free and fair election in nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CQvPD83Rbg

This mad Musiwa should be banned for life including all his IDs and IPs . The lun@tic seems to have a pregnant women fetish too. Don't let him near your pregnant relation o. He might even be a murderer . angry angry angry
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by PAPAAFRICA: 8:53pm On Jun 06, 2013
who the hell are these people? they arent nigerians, look like a bunch of mexicans or arabs.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by DrKnow1(m): 12:27am On Jun 07, 2013
There is no crime in expressing your dissatisfaction over what you think is wrong with Jonathan for him to be able to mend his ways. That is exactly what the people in Diaspora are doing. If all you jobless people in Nigeria can't see anything wrong with a government tha takes pride in glorifying itself with 80% of the country's graduate unemployed but prefers to publish a roadmap of what is to be done after three of its four years in office. If you people in Nigeria can't see that the current move to change the presidential term of office from four years to six years translates into dictatorial tendencies, people in Diaspora are not so dumb not to recognize this.
Re: Nigerians Protest In London Over Jonathan's Dictatorial Tendencies by SensibleMusa: 9:18am On Jun 07, 2013
Dr Know: There is no crime in expressing your dissatisfaction over what you think is wrong with Jonathan for him to be able to mend his ways. That is exactly what the people in Diaspora are doing. If all you jobless people in Nigeria can't see anything wrong with a government tha takes pride in glorifying itself with 80% of the country's graduate unemployed but prefers to publish a roadmap of what is to be done after three of its four years in office. If you people in Nigeria can't see that the current move to change the presidential term of office from four years to six years translates into dictatorial tendencies, people in Diaspora are not so dumb not to recognize this.

Which diaspora you dey?
Which dictatorship?
Park well jor. You can't even recognize a funded rally because of your hatred for that Jonathan guy.
And I thought you were intelligent as per diaspora. Guess you were working hard while the jobless people were doing the demonstration

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Zuriel Oduwole Becomes Ambassador In Tanzania / NNPC Monthly Financial Report For September 2015 Is OUT!!! / Kachikwu's Letter: There Is A Cycle Of Power Within Buhari’s Govt. – Shehu Sani

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.