Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,461 members, 7,908,331 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 12:51 AM

Atheist Quotes. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Quotes. (6524 Views)

Atheist Quotes / Atheist Quotes Of The Day. / Greatest Atheist Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:30am On Jun 06, 2013
Please let us compile poignant atheist quotes here for reference.

All quotes I post are made by famous atheists. Not mine. If you add your own personal quote, please sign your name to it.

Religious people, please desist from derailing. Manmustwac, we need you on this.

JeSoul, this is a test for you. If you can be as arduous in moderating this thread as you moderate those that call for only pro-christian comments, then you'll have my respect but if you allow your people to run amock here, then everybody will see how this section is really run. Thanks in advance.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:32am On Jun 06, 2013
He that will not reason is a bigot; he that cannot reason is a fool; he that dares not reason is a slave
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:33am On Jun 06, 2013
We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:35am On Jun 06, 2013
Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:36am On Jun 06, 2013
One would go mad if one took the Bible seriously; but to take it seriously one must be already mad.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:37am On Jun 06, 2013
Don't pray in my school, and I won't think in your church
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:39am On Jun 06, 2013
I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is bleeped up
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:17am On Jun 06, 2013
If there is a God, atheism must seem to Him as less of an insult than religion.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:28am On Jun 06, 2013
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:34am On Jun 06, 2013
We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:36am On Jun 06, 2013
Most people cannot bear sitting in church for an hour on a Sunday. How are they supposed to live somewhere very similar to it for an eternity?
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:38am On Jun 06, 2013
Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions god's infinite love.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:40am On Jun 06, 2013
If you think God’s there, He is. If you don’t, He isn’t. And if that’s what God’s like, I wouldn’t worry about it.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:41am On Jun 06, 2013
God does not work in mysterious ways – he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:42am On Jun 06, 2013
Two hands working can do more than a thousand clasped in prayer
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:45am On Jun 06, 2013
I had to set limits to reason in order to make room for faith.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:48am On Jun 06, 2013
We have a choice. We have two options as human beings. We have a choice between conversation and war. That's it. Conversation and violence. And faith is a conversation stopper.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:53am On Jun 06, 2013
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one
Re: Atheist Quotes. by manmustwac(m): 11:54am On Jun 06, 2013
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:35pm On Jun 06, 2013
When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:39pm On Jun 06, 2013
Here’s something you never hear in the news: ’200 killed today when Atheist rebels took heavy shelling from the Agnostic stronghold in the North.'
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:56pm On Jun 06, 2013
Religious moderation is the product of secular knowledge and scriptural ignorance.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:56pm On Jun 06, 2013
The Bible tells us to be like God, and then on page after page it describes God as a mass murderer.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:58pm On Jun 06, 2013
I am surrounded by priests who repeat incessantly that their kingdom is not of this world, and yet they lay their hands on everything they can get
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:00pm On Jun 06, 2013
Calling Atheism a religion is like calling bald a hair color
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:00pm On Jun 06, 2013
With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:03pm On Jun 06, 2013
I am now convinced that children should not be subjected to the frightfulness of the Christian religion [...]. If the concept of a father who plots to have his own son put to death is presented to children as beautiful and as worthy of society's admiration, what types of human behavior can be presented to them as reprehensible?
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:04pm On Jun 06, 2013
Religion represents a wonderful marriage of persistence and alchemy: lies, repeated often enough, acquire the lustre of truth.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:06pm On Jun 06, 2013
A god that wastes time and effort catering to silly religions while children are dying is of no use at all.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:08pm On Jun 06, 2013
Faith is the assent to any proposition not made out by the deduction of reason but upon the credit of the proposer.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:11pm On Jun 06, 2013
I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2013
God is not dead. He is alive and working on a much less ambitious project.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Sack Pastors For Not Meeting Financial Targets / Former CAN President Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor Divorces Wife After 25 Years / Ignore Everything I Have Been Saying All These Months. The Bottomline Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.