Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,484 members, 7,908,359 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 02:21 AM

Atheist Quotes. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Quotes. (6525 Views)

Atheist Quotes / Atheist Quotes Of The Day. / Greatest Atheist Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
During many ages there were witches. The Bible said so. The Bible commanded that they should not be allowed to live. Therefore the Church, after doing its duty in but a lazy and indolent way for 800 years, gathered up its halters, thumbscrews, and firebrands, and set about its holy work in earnest. She worked hard at it night and day during nine centuries and imprisoned, tortured, hanged, and burned whole hordes and armies of witches, and washed the Christian world clean with their foul blood. Then it was discovered that there was no such thing as witches, and never had been. One does not know whether to laugh or to cry.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
When a man is freed of religion, he has a better chance to live a normal and wholesome life.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
Religion is no more the parent of morality than an incubator is the mother of a chicken
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2013
This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religions in it.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:21pm On Jun 07, 2013
All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:22pm On Jun 07, 2013
If a stalker held a knife to your throat, and demanded that you say ‘I love you’, how sincere would your capitulation really be?
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
A degree of culture, and assuredly a very high one, is attained when man rises above superstitions and religious notions and fears, and, for instance, no longer believes in guardian angels or in original sin, and has also ceased to talk of the salvation of his soul.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:32pm On Jun 07, 2013
It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:33pm On Jun 07, 2013
You don't have to be irrational, ignorant or gullible to be religious, but it helps!
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:34pm On Jun 07, 2013
When it comes to maintaining a grip on reality, embracing religion is like greasing one's palms.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
If you wind up with a boring, miserable life because you listened to your mom, your dad, your teacher, your priest or some guy on TV telling you how to do your shit, then YOU DESERVE IT.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:35pm On Jun 07, 2013
Sheep pray; clergy prey. Spelling matters.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:37pm On Jun 07, 2013
Religion serves men as blinders serve horses.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2013
Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
The Atheist waits for proof of God. Till that proof comes he remains, as his name implies, without God. His mind is open to every new truth, after it has passed the warder Reason at the gate.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
All churchs beat the devil good, but they are very carefull not to kill him!

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2013
There are so many scientists in hell, that it's probably air conditioned by now.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:42pm On Jun 07, 2013
If all exclusive religions are right and everyone else is wrong, isn't everyone just wrong?
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
All religions are founded on the fear of the many and the cleverness of the few.

1 Like

Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:04pm On Jun 07, 2013
Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-o, and all the other things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2013
Suns are extinguished or become corrupted, planets perish and scatter across the wastes of the sky; other suns are kindled, new planets formed to make their revolutions or describe new orbits, and man, an infinitely minute part of a globe which itself is only an imperceptible point in the immense whole, believes that the universe is made for himself.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:26pm On Jun 07, 2013
I want an avowed atheist in the White House. When time comes to push that button, I want whoever's making the decision to understand that once it's pushed, it's over. Finito. They're not gonna have lunch with Jesus. Won't be deflowering 72 virgins on the great shag carpet of eternity, or reincarnated as a cow. I want someone making that decision who believes life on this Earth isn't just a dress rehearsal for something better -- but the only shot we get.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
I`m a bit too old for fairy tales now.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2013
You are not a follower of religion. You are a victim of it.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
To act morally is not to act out of fear of punishment; it is not to act as one is commanded to act. Rather, it is to act as one ought to act. And how one ought to act is not dependent upon anyone's power, even if the power be Divine.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:31pm On Jun 07, 2013
Sometimes I think a person is intelligent. Then they tell me they are a believer. Which then shows what a poor judge I am.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
I was brought up an atheist and have always remained so. But at no time was I led to believe that morality was unimportant or that good and bad did not exist. I believe passionately in the need to distinguish between right and wrong and am somewhat confounded by being told I need God, Jesus or a clergyman to help me to do so.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:58pm On Jun 07, 2013
I was not offered any options when my ‘faith’ was chosen for me. I was not offered any answers when I questioned the bible. I was not offered any understanding when I chose reason over superstition. Instead, I was offered a one way ticket to eternal hellfire, and several invitations to hasten my arrival there.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:59pm On Jun 07, 2013
A Christian telling an atheist they're going to hell is as scary as a child telling an adult they're not getting any presents from Santa.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
What Does Religion Mean to Me ? Never Reaching Your Full Potential As A Human Being.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:05pm On Jun 07, 2013
When the course of experience made me see that there is no saviour and no special grace, no remission beyond the human, that pain is to be endured and fades, if it fades, only with time, then God became nothing to me but a dyslexic dog, with neither bark nor bite.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:07pm On Jun 07, 2013
But here steps in Satan, the eternal rebel, the first freethinker and the emancipator of worlds. He makes man ashamed of his bestial ignorance and obedience; he emancipates him, stamps upon his brow the seal of liberty and humanity, in urging him to disobey and eat of the fruit of knowledge.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Sack Pastors For Not Meeting Financial Targets / Former CAN President Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor Divorces Wife After 25 Years / Ignore Everything I Have Been Saying All These Months. The Bottomline Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.