Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,571 members, 7,972,144 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 03:43 AM

Atheist Quotes. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Quotes. (6588 Views)

Atheist Quotes / Atheist Quotes Of The Day. / Greatest Atheist Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:44pm On Jun 07, 2013
If we subject religious claims to a lesser degree of scrutiny, we should not be surprised if religious people subject us to a greater degree of servitude.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
question everything or believe anything
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:52pm On Jun 07, 2013
Obsoletes and absolutes are the stock in trade of religions that place their faith in an 'unchanging' god while faced with the reality of an ever-changing world.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:00pm On Jun 07, 2013
I see Atheists are fighting and killing each other again, over who doesn't believe in any God the most. Oh, no..wait.. that never happens.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:03pm On Jun 07, 2013
I'm sickened by all religions. Religion has divided people. I don't think there's any difference between the pope wearing a large hat and parading around with a smoking purse and an African painting his face white and praying to a rock.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:08pm On Jun 07, 2013
There are none more ignorant and useless, than they that seek answers on their knees, with their eyes closed.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
Several thousand years ago, a small tribe of ignorant near-savages wrote various collections of myths, wild tales, lies, and gibberish. Over the centuries, these stories were embroidered, garbled, mutilated, and torn into small pieces that were then repeatedly shuffled. Finally, this material was badly translated into several languages successively. The resultant text, creationists feel, is the best guide to this complex and technical subject.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:11pm On Jun 07, 2013
Any belief worth having must survive doubt.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:41pm On Jun 08, 2013
It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatever for supposing it true
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:06pm On Jun 08, 2013
The existence of God is not subjective. He either exists or he doesn’t. It’s not a matter of opinion. You can have your own opinions. But you can’t have your own facts.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:10pm On Jun 08, 2013
The entire Jesus concept, that human sacrifice should be the substratum of a moral religion of love, strikes me as incongruous. God condemned us and Jesus saved us, and they are actually the same being? Christianity is the idea that you are so abhorrent that God had to kill himself. He had to embody the human form and send himself on a bizarre suicide mission just to revoke the disgustingness of the humans he created. I balk at suggestions that these ideas dictate to the concepts of morality and love.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
By simple common sense I don't believe in God
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:17pm On Jun 08, 2013
Religious people and donkey's: A donkey is a simple creature it would follow a carrot on a stick, but it is still capable, even with its most basic of intellect of determining when there is no carrot.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:18pm On Jun 08, 2013
Organized religion is like organized crime; it preys on peoples' weaknesses, generates huge profits for its operators, and is almost impossible to eradicate.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:22pm On Jun 08, 2013
Education levels are highly and negatively correlated to religious belief. In other words, ignorance is bliss.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:23pm On Jun 08, 2013
Christian Fundamentalism: The doctrine that there is an absolutely powerful, infinitely knowledgeable, universe spanning entity that is deeply and personally concerned about my sex life.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:25pm On Jun 08, 2013
Anyone who engages in the practice of psychotherapy confronts every day the devastation wrought by the teachings of religion.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:25pm On Jun 08, 2013
Every morning I wake up and thank God that I don't believe in him.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:26pm On Jun 08, 2013
What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:28pm On Jun 08, 2013
The pioneers and missionaries of religion have been the real cause of more trouble and war than all other classes of mankind.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:29pm On Jun 08, 2013
As far as I can tell from studying the scriptures, all you do in heaven is pretty much just sit around all day and praise the Lord. I don't know about you, but I think that after the first, oh, I don't know, 50,000,000 years of that I'd start to get a little bored.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:24pm On Jun 08, 2013
At what point, 2,000 years on from the life of Jesus, do we need a refresher course? Another 2,000 years? Imagine 100,000 years’ time – would the story of Moses’ burning bush amaze a generation laden with unimaginable scientific and technological wonders? Here lies religion’s biggest quandary. While science is squeezing the life out of God, how is religion going to muster a counterattack from here?
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:11pm On Jun 08, 2013
It is an interesting and demonstrable fact, that all children are atheists and were religion not inculcated into their minds, they would remain so
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:13pm On Jun 08, 2013
For a God that created everything, it is mystifying why he created so much competition.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:16pm On Jun 08, 2013
It's an insidious idea, this notion that there is life after death. The promise of a reward in the afterlife has been used as an excuse to deny help to the poor, helpless and oppressed; to explain away human misery rather than deal with it. It is an idea that is used to encourage young men and women to kill themselves, and others, so that they can become martyrs. It allows victims of injustice to be told not to worry because justice will be done in the afterlife. It depresses me to think that so many people on the planet live their lives with this notion. Can we truly fulfill our potential as a species as long as we hold on to, and encourage, the perpetuation of the lie of life after death?
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:17pm On Jun 08, 2013
Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of 10 things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these 10 things he has a special place full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever until the end of time...but he loves you.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:18pm On Jun 08, 2013
Theists should never complain no matter what happens in the world because nothing happens without the almighty's will. So if I break your head, murder your kin, dont blame me. God made me to do it.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:19pm On Jun 08, 2013
If 50 million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:56pm On Jun 08, 2013
Billions of years ago God was creating universes and life; thousands of years ago he was creating angry floods, sin-saving human sacrifices and audible burning bushes. Today he occasionally appears on a piece of toast. To state that God has become reclusive over the years would be an overwhelming understatement.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:57pm On Jun 08, 2013
Christ died for our sins. Dare we make his martyrdom meaningless by not committing sins?
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:05pm On Jun 08, 2013
Religion is "so absurd that it comes close to imbecility.
Re: Atheist Quotes. by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:06pm On Jun 08, 2013
Religion is like drugs, it destroys the thinking mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ignore Everything I Have Been Saying All These Months. The Bottomline Is / I Had Sex With My Pastor Daughter In Church Toilet Severally... / The Smartest Muslim In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.