Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,899 members, 7,918,923 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 05:34 PM

Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel (17202 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Mikel Defends His World Cup Performance / An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by san001: 7:41pm On Jun 09, 2013
This Mikel dude should be shameful of calling himself an integral part of the AFC squad when he couldn't score a single goal out of the whole tournament. I can't even recall when last he ever scored a single goal playing in midfield role, but not even as a defender. Imagine if 9ja do not have Sunday Uba...
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by fremzy1(m): 7:41pm On Jun 09, 2013
Wish u all d best SUPER EAGLES
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by splashbaby(m): 7:46pm On Jun 09, 2013
Keshi has really tried ooo...thank God we fired Siasia...profitless coach from Bayelsa...We will look to fire GEJ too...clueless president from Bayelsa...to move Nigeria forward!
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by splashbaby(m): 7:52pm On Jun 09, 2013
Jarus: The unbeaten run will end in Confederation cup. Either Spain or Uruguay to end it.
Prophet of doooom!
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by damosky12(m): 8:20pm On Jun 09, 2013
Rossikk: Keshi is a fantastic coach. I actually rate him the best manager ever to have coached the Super Eagles. This team, with its full repertoire of players, is at least as good as the 94 team (personally I think they're even better). The 94 SE champion side took Westerhof 5 years to build. Keshi is more effective because it took him under a year to hone this team into champions. I almost wish the WC was an extra one or two years away. This team in a couple of years will be very very deadly, and will destroy any team in world football. 2014 WC? Not so sure. But they are at least good enough to reach the semis. And from semis anything can happen.
I think you ve gone a bit too far. This team is not yet to be compared to the '94 team in this our contemporary time. I believe they will be there and better soon. #THE SUPER EAGLES
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by rash47(m): 8:27pm On Jun 09, 2013
Dunnknow why, I just believe keshi.....his expressive pattern of play is yielding results
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jun 09, 2013
san001: This Mikel dude should be shameful of calling himself an integral part of the AFC squad when he couldn't score a single goal out of the whole tournament. I can't even recall when last he ever scored a single goal playing in midfield role, but not even as a defender. Imagine if 9ja do not have Sunday Uba...

you are a fool. i won't even go any further
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 09, 2013
san001: This Mikel dude should be shameful of calling himself an integral part of the AFC squad when he couldn't score a single goal out of the whole tournament. I can't even recall when last he ever scored a single goal playing in midfield role, but not even as a defender. Imagine if 9ja do not have Sunday Uba ...
I disagree with you. That he is not scoring doesn't mean that he is not doing well. He is one of the key players in the squad. He is good in creating chances and that's ok by me.
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by san001: 8:37pm On Jun 09, 2013
bboiabb:

you are a fool. i won't even go any further

Dumbass! u should try to go further so I know the extent of your dumbness. I'm sure lest skillful Michael Essien will not be satisfied to play 20 games without a single goal. Idiot
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by san001: 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2013
Sadusky: I disagree with you. That he is not scoring doesn't mean that he is not doing well. He is one of the key players in the squad. He is good in creating chances and that's ok by me.

Maybe your right because that's what most pple say to justify the guy..but it's not enuff for the confidence of a team. An integral member of a team should be vital and put up strong impact to always lift a team by his utility forces/ talents; a key part of them is passion to get goals at the back of the net. That is why Wayanma is being mentioned all over now. Mikel is lazy, and he doesn't see any reason to develop his game.
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by Nobody: 8:55pm On Jun 09, 2013
torhuke: ok.... first to comment... praise the LORD SOMEBODY...
lol
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by Tunsbobo(m): 10:33pm On Jun 09, 2013
As negative as my comments might seem to be, i want to assure u that this is semi-positive! The super-eagles have been doing well these few months, a 14 match unbeaten run aint easy to gather, though objectively; only an over-patriotic nigerian(most of these kind of nigerians are somehow mentally derailed) would expect us to qualify from group B at the confederations cup
Punchline: The super eagles should go to brazil and have fun and avoid humiliating score-lines, thereafter the nigerian coach should be sacked!

2 Likes

Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by Komedy(m): 10:35pm On Jun 09, 2013
san001:

Maybe your right because that's what most pple say to justify the guy..but it's not enuff for the confidence of a team. An integral member of a team should be vital and put up strong impact to always lift a team by his utility forces/ talents; a key part of them is passion to get goals at the back of the net. That is why Wayanma is being mentioned all over now. Mikel is lazy, and he doesn't see any reason to develop his game.
did yu see hw porous d midfield was against mexico? Its totally wrong to insult Mikel d way yu just did,d primary role of a midfielder is to co-ordinate and distribute passes,hold d team together and dictate d flow.Obi does all that! Every oda role is secondary!

1 Like

Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by nairakobo: 11:49pm On Jun 09, 2013
Broken TV: I believe that on the day we meet Spain, our boys will false them into playing negative football, they will keep chasing the ball from the beginning to the end. We will win them and show them the stuff we are made off.
If you believe click the like button.

When Nigeria meets Spain, our boys will (false) force them into playing negative football, they will keep chasing the ball from the beginning to the end.

wow!
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by bemagnify: 12:34am On Jun 10, 2013
splashbaby: Keshi has really tried ooo...thank God we fired Siasia...profitless coach from Bayelsa...We will look to fire GEJ too...clueless president from Bayelsa...to move Nigeria forward!
mumu wat has bayelsa got 2do wit the super eagles cnt u guys stp being sentimental for once? GOAT HEAD
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by churific(m): 1:28am On Jun 10, 2013
Which possession?

How can you play possession football without possession players.

He better focus on goal-scoring and outscoring-opponents football.
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by edi287: 3:04am On Jun 10, 2013
Rossikk: Keshi a fantastic coach. I actually rate him the best manager ever to have coached the Super Eagles. This team, with its full repertoire of players, is at least as good as the 94 team (personally I think they're even better). The 94 SE champion side took Westerhof 5 years to build. Keshi is more effective because it took him under a year to hone this team into champions. I almost wish the WC was an extra one or two years away. This team in a couple of years will be very very deadly, and will destroy any team in world football. 2014 WC? Not so sure. But they are at least good enough to reach the semis. And from semis anything can happen.
Team of 94 had more depth and was way more talented than this team. Yes this is a good team, but lets not get carried away.
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by Nobody: 4:06am On Jun 10, 2013
san001:

Dumbass! u should try to go further so I know the extent of your dumbness. I'm sure lest skillful Michael Essien will not be satisfied to play 20 games without a single goal. Idiot

do you know what a cenral defensive midfielder is? how many time have you seen busquets running through midfield like a headless chicken all in the name of scoring a goal? Essien is MUCH more attacking minded than mikel (clearly you don't watch enough football). He plays right back sometimes for madrid to disguise as a back 4 although they are really playing with 3 defenders. you usually find essien on the wing getting past defenders/whipping crosses in. Must i say more? Once again, you area fool. "mikel should be shameful of calling himself an integral part of the AFC squad". You are really a BIG BIG FOOL to say that. Mikel strung the passes and dictated the pace of the midfield which helped us win the game. He put yaya toure in his pocket when nigeria played ivory coast. if you knew the FULL role of a CDM, you will be praising God we have a player like mikel who does what he does for the team.
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by Nobody: 4:07am On Jun 10, 2013
san001:

do you know what a cenral defensive midfielder is? how many time have you seen busquets running through midfield like a headless chicken all in the name of scoring a goal? Essien is MUCH more attacking minded than mikel (clearly you don't watch enough football). He plays right back sometimes for madrid to disguise as a back 4 although they are really playing with 3 defenders. you usually find essien on the wing getting past defenders/whipping crosses in. Must i say more? Once again, you area fool. "mikel should be shameful of calling himself an integral part of the AFC squad". You are really a BIG BIG FOOL to say that. Mikel strung the passes and dictated the pace of the midfield which helped us win the game. He put yaya toure in his pocket when nigeria played ivory coast. if you knew the FULL role of a CDM, you will be praising God we have a player like mikel who does what he does for the team.
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by nuelkaosi(m): 6:58am On Jun 10, 2013
el bin manny: amodu was a wat!!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked
And negative football is not a wat? shocked shocked !
Walahi your English teacher needs to make a refund! Or risk being stoned to death!!!! Your sch fees was a financial crime against your parent undecided
I got his point and that settles it. Nairaland is not an english class mr know it all. Rubbish!
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by kolamilan(m): 7:41am On Jun 10, 2013
# Reserving this space.
For my comment when we face spain.
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by bidis: 8:52am On Jun 10, 2013
y did keshi no call up yobo and ik uche ik uche is better than akpala by far and for yobo we need experience in d defence
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by stuhporh: 9:16am On Jun 10, 2013
Hillaco: lets pray for GOD to see them through in the confederation cup, for is not by their might but for his grace.
GOD again ahhhg! Will you guys just leave GOD out of this and hope they win, If they have the right preparation and tactics, then they will have a great performance, and maybe win the cup. simple! Everything na GOD?

1 Like

Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 10, 2013
Keeping possesion is one thing, keeping it with the right legs is another.

When u've got mates like Ramires in ur midfield, u cant afford to play possession footie - U'd be shooting ursef on da foot!

The triquetra of Mba, Mikel and Onazi are superb talents, they love to have the ball in their foot. If they could master the act, we could have our manufactured Xavi, Iniesta and Busquet figures.

1 Like

Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by modestdude(m): 10:57am On Jun 10, 2013
Ikengawo: possession football is trash, the first african team to step away from it will dominate the continent
you should be ready to score within three passes, and have three passes in every 9 seconds, this is efficient football.
what do you think possession is all about? Do you think we are talking about individual possession? No, We are talking about team possession here. Being able to pass the ball around while maintaining possession is what is meant in the context of this 'possession'
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by vislabraye(m): 11:08am On Jun 10, 2013
Ikengawo: STOP POSSESSION FOOTBALL

Possession football is only effective in africa because that's what everyone playing! Once you step outside of africa it's trash because 4 seconds of possessing will never match 4 seconds of passing and decisive plays!

a good coach will tell his team that no player should possess the ball for more than 3 seconds. the strategy is
-attain
-assess
-execute

attain the ball, assess the situation, execute the plan (pass or take a shot). This is how you put points on the board and what makes european football so successful

But what kind of football does Barca play?
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by Revsola: 2:49pm On Jun 10, 2013
san001: This Mikel dude should be shameful of calling himself an integral part of the AFC squad when he couldn't score a single goal out of the whole tournament. I can't even recall when last he ever scored a single goal playing in midfield role, but not even as a defender. Imagine if 9ja do not have Sunday Uba...

I don't think you are right.If everyone is rushing out to go and score who will manage the middle of the pack and send killer passes.I am not excusing Mikel for not scoring...but that does not call for outright condemnation of the guy.He knows how to cool the ball...ease tension...hold the ball and prevent opponents from taking immediate possession...and provide ample time for team-mates to reposition themselves!
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by Dsimple: 3:01pm On Jun 10, 2013
torhuke:
AND Y IS NO ONE SHOUTING HALLELUYAH. YA ALL PAGANS I GUESS
u are vry stupid 4 suggestin evryone here ar pegam, idiot
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by hardbody: 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2013
Chanchit: Since I was born I've never seen Nigeria play negative football. So this is no news.

You must have been born post Amodu era. or you were to small to understand what Amodu was doing. Another explanation could be that you guys never owned a television set and you were never allowed to either watch or follow football commentaries.

In all or any of these instances, you are forgiven.
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by hardbody: 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2013
bidis: y did keshi no call up yobo and ik uche ik uche is better than akpala by far and for yobo we need experience in d defence

You are another Retardeen. datz all
Re: Keshi Loves Possession Football - Mikel by splashbaby(m): 4:39pm On Jun 10, 2013
bemagnify: mumu wat has bayelsa got 2do wit the super eagles cnt u guys stp being sentimental for once? GOAT HEAD
You are too dull for liking. Is it only Bayelsa you saw? I don't know why you guys have refused to use you brain effectively! fooolz!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Footballers To Watchout For In Europe This Weekend / Algeria FA Offers Peseiro $90,000 Per Month To Coach Desert Foxes / AFCON: Sudan Coach, Tia Says Match Against Nigeria Will Not Be Easy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.