Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,653 members, 7,951,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 10:15 PM

American Women That Marry Nigerian Men - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / American Women That Marry Nigerian Men (225781 Views)

Are African Women Jealous Of African American Women's "Natural" Lighter Skin? / Why Do African Women Dislike African American Women? / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by dayokanu(m): 10:46pm On Dec 03, 2010
Polygamy doesnt exist with igbo men even those in Nigeria, They are mainly Catholics.

And I hope you wont quit the relationship too in case you encounter little marital problems. Nigerians dont like to divorce and you would wreck him if you ever divorce him, people might even blame him for marrying outside his tribe.

Anything he does, (Except physical abuse and cheating) just forgive him
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 10:58pm On Dec 03, 2010
@ dayokanu:

Divorce {{Absolutely NOT!}} My parents have been married for 26 yrs. even though they hve encountered some prob. along the way they hve 4given each other and kept moving.

Yes, Forgiveness is REALLY big w/me. I dnt like disagreements @ all. If one does arise I like 2 nip it in the bud and keep moving forward.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So where does the tribe of Igbo live?
What else can u tell me about the sexy Igbo men?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Kunbee: 11:26pm On Dec 03, 2010
^^I told you he was ibo

Goodluck girl
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 11:38pm On Dec 03, 2010
@ Kunbee:

Thanks gyrl,

What can u tell me about the Ibo man?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Kunbee: 11:50pm On Dec 03, 2010
They are very caring an loving. They work extra hard, and love their kids to death

They can love to show off their family or in your case girlfriend, and take care of them to the tee. They are also religious

And they love money grin

Dayo said it all

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by dayokanu(m): 11:57pm On Dec 03, 2010
I dont know too much about Igbo as I am not Igbo but one thing is Igbo people like money and can work themselves to death. They are also good spenders on whom and what they love.

Hopefully an igbo person would come on here to tell you more.

One of the best black men you can get is a matured Igbo man Cos they are very focused in life
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 2:34am On Dec 04, 2010
@ dayokanu:
Ur absolutely rt. This is the best (blk) man Ever!!!!!!!!
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by eddy2222: 8:52am On Dec 04, 2010
please also let me in about my aa women am so in love with my aa woman i call her my african queen,but we have gotten to know too much of ,african,nigeria ibo men what should be noted about my chicago lady what should i watch out for?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 9:08am On Dec 04, 2010
@ eddy2222:

What are you looking 2 know about the Chgo lady?

Most AA Women are:
smart, intelligent, respectful (2 herself, family, friends and boyfriend OR husband) hard-working, independent, friendly & beautiful.

NOW!!!!!!! what to look out for is what we in the states call "GOLD DIGGERS:"

There are two basic types of Gold Diggers out there:

1) The women who don’t give a crap about you.
This woman is only interested in herself and what she can acquire.

2) The women who give a teensy little bit about you.
This woman is only dating you because she thinks you’re the best she can do at this moment in time; she probably “likes you ok” but she will never love you.

The Top 5 Signs 2 Watch Out For. (Pls. Note That There Are Exceptions 2 Every Rule BUT! Most Of The Time It's Right One)

1. She only knocks boots after you’ve bought something for her.
This is the Gold Diggers way of repaying you. It’s also her way of classically conditioning you: You have to pay before you can play. Depending on your financial status, this may be something as small as dinner in a moderately priced restaurant, or it may mean jewelry is required before she’ll drop her knickers. Either way, she’s your own personal call-girl, whether you realize it or not.

2. She has a temper tantrum if you refuse to buy something for her.
This sounds obvious, but it’s a very common with gold diggers. The tantrum may be subtle – giving you the silent treatment, for example – but it tends to start at the moment of refusal and lasts until your next purchase.

3. She only suggests expensive restaurants, hotels, etc.
If she’s too good for the occasional burger, this girl is a gold digger. Mind you, that’s metaphorical; there are plenty of vegan gold diggers out there, believe it or not. The point is, she never selects a destination that will be kind to your wallet.

4. She earns a very modest income, yet everything she owns is very expensive.
This is less obvious than it sounds. A good gold digger knows how to network, and she knows she needs some kind of job, lest she look like what she is. She’ll probably work part-time somewhere, and supplement her income with your donations. All those shoes, clothes, etc – you better believe she didn’t pay for them herself.

5. She never offers to pay the bill, not even her share.
Now… I fully believe a man should pay for the first date. Period. However, I also believe that a woman should always offer to pay for herself from the second date forward. Regardless of whether or not you agree with me, let me assure you that if she’s never offered to pay in any capacity, she’s a gold digger.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by eddy2222: 9:37am On Dec 04, 2010
God,i known my girl cant be like that,but what i want to know is,1.would she love to get married in America 2.how would i relate with her family members.3.if she has a kid what should i watch out for,4.if she is so spiritual that is not a problem for me what should i lookout for,5.finally if she is independent would she sometimes want to be the boss cos that never allowed in my culture,
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 10:06am On Dec 04, 2010
@ eddy2222:

1.would she love to get married in America?

Hmmmm, this ans. really depends on your lady. Speaking from personal preference. (I want 2 get married in the US. I have much fam and friends whom probably cnt afford to travel to Nigeria for wedding.)

2.how would i relate with her family members?

Again speaking from personal experience. My family simply loves my b/f. It's all about being True 2 Urself. Dnt try 2B some1 or something your not. We respect the real person not the phony one!

3.if she has a kid what should i watch out for?

If she has a child(children) the thing you may need 2B mindful of is her baby daddy (father of child). You will need to ask her what is the relationship b-tween the father and child. This is necessary so the father of the child will be aware that there maybe another male figure in the his child's life.

4.if she is so spiritual that is not a problem for me what should i lookout for?

Most african americans fit N2 one of these religious categories:
1) Apostolic
2) Pentecostal
3) COGIC - Church of God In Christ
4) Baptist
5) OR Non-Denominational (Meaning All About Jesus! no titles just Jesus!)
You May Want 2 Double Check W/Her 2 See Which One if any she belongs.

5.finally if she is independent would she sometimes want to be the boss cos that never allowed in my culture.

That's a great ques. some independent women 4get the need for a man in their life becuz they have needed 2B the boss for so long. They may want 2B the boss BUT if you stand your ground ((not harshly)) they may understand that a man's hand is def. needed.

**THE TOP THING IN ANY RELATIONSHIP IS COMMUNICATION, **

? Are you igbo male?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by eddy2222: 2:45pm On Dec 04, 2010
yes i am and so glad for ur answers
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 5:54pm On Dec 04, 2010
@ eddy2222:

So ur igbo male. Tell me something about the igbo male.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by eddy2222: 9:33pm On Dec 04, 2010
Well i must start by saying that we are a very Godly set of people,hard working,lovable and cultural in terms of traditions,there are simply somethings that cant be heard of, like the woman wants to take over and be in charge,even if she pays the bill,the ibo man still stays in charge,and if you get lucky enf to get married to one he is hooked for life cos we never get divorced and that means he is there for life,but he also works twice as much to take care of his house and when kids comes truly he gives more of his time to them.am very sorry am not a man of many words.Pls let me say this here if he has stayed in the states for that long u need not be afraid of him cos no secrets anywhere and his parents would really want him married by now pls respect his culture always and u would live happily always
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 12:38am On Dec 05, 2010
@ eddy2222:

You've said enough. (I've taking everything that i've learned from you and others 2 heart.)

O! not I don't think he has any secrets or any hidden agenda.
My goal for joining this website is to simply learn more about his cultural so I can respect it. 2 me respect (on any level) is a must.
Well I believe that I can count myself lucky. (We're getting married nxt yr. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!) (He tells me ALL the time that he is w/me 4EVER!)

Thnks Again
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by eddy2222: 1:13pm On Dec 05, 2010
Pls let me get an invitation, should be in the stateS by then
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by DaRapture: 8:26pm On Dec 05, 2010
Damn, your easy.  cheesy

N_Danielle:

@ eddy2222:

You've said enough. (I've taking everything that i've learned from you and others 2 heart.)

O! not I don't think he has any secrets or any hidden agenda.
My goal for joining this website is to simply learn more about his cultural so I can respect it. 2 me respect (on any level) is a must.
Well I believe that I can count myself lucky. (We're getting married nxt yr. YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!) (He tells me ALL the time that he is w/me 4EVER!)

Thnks Again

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by atxqtpie(f): 10:27pm On Dec 05, 2010
My parents have been married for over 30 years and people would tell my mother that my Dad was just with her to get his papers. It’s really sad. There will always be relationships based on need and others based on love. What matters, it what you feel your relationship is based on and not what others think.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by eddy2222: 2:32am On Dec 06, 2010
yes and don't mind whatever they say
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 3:21am On Dec 06, 2010
@ DaRapture:

What do u mean "I'm easy! "
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by eddy2222: 3:31am On Dec 06, 2010
That wasn't meant for you sorry
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 3:40am On Dec 06, 2010
@ eddy2222:

Ok. thnks 4 clearing that up 4 me.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by DaRapture: 4:04pm On Dec 06, 2010
N_Danielle:

@ DaRapture:

All a dude has to do is feed you some bullish lines and you suck it right up like some Feenin chick. cheesy
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by chic2pimp(m): 5:39pm On Dec 06, 2010
N_Danielle:

@ DaRapture:

Don't mind him . He is Just Bitter and Jealous. Also don't be fooled by the "Cheesy" emoticon either.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 8:51pm On Dec 06, 2010
@ DaRapture:

Do me a favor PLS. Dnt come after me w/ur foolishness.
No i'm not gullible! enough 2 believe just any ol thing. (I joined this website/community for informational purposes ONLY! not 2 get N2 conflict w/any1)

YOU SHOULD!!!!! re-read my posts before u make judgements. (Just like u wouldn't want some1 2 make judgements about u, hey! u should do the same)

That is ALL!

@chic2pimp:

What do u mean by "Cheesy emotion"?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by armyofone(m): 9:12pm On Dec 06, 2010

What do u mean by "Cheesy emotion"?

fake emotion/emoticon/pictorial icon with fake laugh/grin/smile
Hero is good at it grin
odikwa serious kwa
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 9:15pm On Dec 06, 2010
@ armyofone:

Ok. got-cha.
I've known my igbo man for over 5 mon. and if there was any sign of false emotion I would of figured that out before the end of month 1. (I'm a great judge of character!)
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by eddy2222: 10:16pm On Dec 06, 2010
@Rapture what really is Ur problem for the fact that you never found a love doesn't mean that it wouldn't work for others now i see why you never found one cos you never saw those positive side of Ur relationship,so what do you expect.there must be negativity in every relationship but the couples try to work it out and not nag about it every time,if you so hate native Africans or Nigerians like you have always sound,have you found any other relationship,we all know what the answer is, DAT why u have so much time to make so much negative comments here whyCHANGE
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by DaRapture: 11:59pm On Dec 06, 2010
eddy2222:

@Rapture what really is your problem for the fact that you never found a love doesn't mean that it wouldn't work for others now i see why you never found one cos you never saw those positive side of your relationship,so what do you expect.there must be negativity in every relationship but the couples try to work it out and not nag about it every time,if you so hate native Africans or Nigerians like you have always sound,have you found any other relationship,we all know what the answer is, DAT why u have so much time to make so much negative comments here whyCHANGE

LOL. you must be mistaking me for someone else, because not only am I married with two kids, but I'm married to an Igbo woman; I'm an African-American by the way. I'm just sick and tired of my foolish AA sistas falling for these slick, slimy, lying ass African guys and then coming on places like this to complain in droves when the scum gets done using them up as is the NORM, not the exception.

N_Danielle:

@ armyofone:

Ok. got-cha.
I've known my igbo man for over 5 mon. and if there was any sign of false emotion I would of figured that out before the end of month 1. (I'm a great judge of character!)

yeah, yeah, yeah. I've heard it all before, just months, weeks, or a few years after hearing out of the same mouth how badly the dude dogged them.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 12:49am On Dec 07, 2010
@ DaRapture:

I didn't come on here to complain about anything!!!

Did I say that I'm in <3 w/a man online that i've never meet?  Did I say that, uh! NO!!!!!!!!!
The man I'm dating and soon 2B married 2 lives here N the states, I see him all the tyme. He's been here for over 10 yrs. so b4 u lump me in a category w/all of the other AA women who hve come on her 2 make complaints ask me, DON'T  assume!

THANK YOU!.
BTW! have you read any of my posts?! Is there a complaint on any of them?! I dnt think so.
My only advice 2U is grow up and quickly.
That is all!

@ Eddy2222:

Thnks for hve my back.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by dayokanu(m): 1:07am On Dec 07, 2010
Thats a strong blck woman there.

You really deserve your hubby
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 1:20am On Dec 07, 2010
@ dayokanu:

U can say that again,
Thnks 4 the compliment and for hve my back.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (22) (Reply)

Yoruba Songs From Back: When? Remember Any? Jot Them Down Here / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! / Igbo learning thread + Translator

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.