Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,397 members, 7,891,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:20 PM

American Women That Marry Nigerian Men - Culture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / American Women That Marry Nigerian Men (224778 Views)

Are African Women Jealous Of African American Women's "Natural" Lighter Skin? / Why Do African Women Dislike African American Women? / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by futureadiro: 2:39am On Feb 27, 2012
Hello Everyone. i am currently engaged to a nigerian man. We meet the university we both use to go too. I have to admit that i fell victim to the stereotype about nigerian men when i first started dating him. His actions while we were dating didnt help with what i heard about nigerian men. Also it makes me wary when he is on the phone and he only speaks yoruba, but im learning the language and i ask him to speak english when he is around me. But a older gentleman who know my future husband before i did claims that he is a good man, the best nigerian he meet at the school so far. We have only been together for 2 1/2 years and most of those years are separated by a big distance of 5 states between us. He is pushing marriage but im not committing until we have been living together for at least a 6 months (anyone can fake like a good, loyal person months at a time). So if i would give advise to women who are dating a man who lives in a different place then them, it would be that to not go in to lifelong commitment with a man u have only spent less then 5 months with (consecutively).
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Zilja(f): 8:01pm On Feb 29, 2012
futureadiro:

Hello Everyone. i am currently engaged to a nigerian man. We meet the university we both use to go too. I have to admit that i fell victim to the stereotype about nigerian men when i first started dating him. His actions while we were dating didnt help with what i heard about nigerian men. Also it makes me wary when he is on the phone and he only speaks yoruba, but im learning the language and i ask him to speak english when he is around me. But a older gentleman who know my future husband before i did claims that he is a good man, the best nigerian he meet at the school so far. We have only been together for 2 1/2 years and most of those years are separated by a big distance of 5 states between us. He is pushing marriage but im not committing until we have been living together for at least a 6 months (anyone can fake like a good, loyal person months at a time). So if i would give advise to women who are dating a man who lives in a different place then them, it would be that to not go in to lifelong commitment with a man u have only spent less then 5 months with (consecutively).

You will consider committing to marrage but you have to live together for 6 months If you are in the statesl, that's enough time for common law, community property to be divided if you leave him. He needs to live in the same state as you beore you consider anything. Long distance romance does not last.
Good Luck.

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 1:21am On Mar 30, 2012
Well I do understand the culture and traditions are very important to Nigerian people. I am sadden and hurt to my core to know that I as an African American woman, who is honest, educated, and not after a man for material gain is judge by were I am born rather than the content of my character. I met a Yoruba (Nigerian) man that I felt deeply in love and I was willing to try and understand his culture and make compromise for it where need be on my part. This man claimed he felt the same way about me but fear he could not act on it because I was not Nigerian and would not be excepted by his family. He mom refused to hear the idea of him dating me. I am sad that stuff like this happen amongst any race but more so with African American and American. I understand that often black american are seen in a bad light as we are often only publicized for what we have done wrong. But there has been alot of us that have done alot of things right. In America, Black Americans have paved the way for other of dark skins foreign and domestic to be able to live a better life here, whether that be job opportunity, education, the simple american dream of ownership, liberty, freedom, and justice and this should not be forgotten. There are still many of Black American, who have morals, integrity, good character, believe in God, etc. And we as American women should not all be written off just because of what some women due. You may disagree for the sake of pride in yourselves but just like i know all black american are not good people and dont make for good partners, neither are all Nigerian (Yoruba) or other African men and women good people are good partners for them matter. Im pretty sure you know African people who do or have done some of the same bad things. cry I do not judge people by where they are born nor the color of their skin and I openly embrace African people and are hurt to know that I am immediately judge and not like before even taken the opportunity to get to know. I'm sorry but to me this is heartless that two people are denied an opportunity of unconditional love toward one another as partner, friends, or family simply because of culture or familiarity. I hope that we can heal the disconnect or gap that lie between us as a people. And in no way mean to disrespect anyone. I love you guys

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Abagworo(m): 8:13pm On Mar 30, 2012
cshall1120: Well I do understand the culture and traditions are very important to Nigerian people. I am sadden and hurt to my core to know that I as an African American woman, who is honest, educated, and not after a man for material gain is judge by were I am born rather than the content of my character. I met a Yoruba (Nigerian) man that I felt deeply in love and I was willing to try and understand his culture and make compromise for it where need be on my part. This man claimed he felt the same way about me but fear he could not act on it because I was not Nigerian and would not be excepted by his family. He mom refused to hear the idea of him dating me. I am sad that stuff like this happen amongst any race but more so with African American and American. I understand that often black american are seen in a bad light as we are often only publicized for what we have done wrong. But there has been alot of us that have done alot of things right. In America, Black Americans have paved the way for other of dark skins foreign and domestic to be able to live a better life here, whether that be job opportunity, education, the simple american dream of ownership, liberty, freedom, and justice and this should not be forgotten. There are still many of Black American, who have morals, integrity, good character, believe in God, etc. And we as American women should not all be written off just because of what some women due. You may disagree for the sake of pride in yourselves but just like i know all black american are not good people and dont make for good partners, neither are all Nigerian (Yoruba) or other African men and women good people are good partners for them matter. Im pretty sure you know African people who do or have done some of the same bad things. cry I do not judge people by where they are born nor the color of their skin and I openly embrace African people and are hurt to know that I am immediately judge and not like before even taken the opportunity to get to know. I'm sorry but to me this is heartless that two people are denied an opportunity of unconditional love toward one another as partner, friends, or family simply because of culture or familiarity. I hope that we can heal the disconnect or gap that lie between us as a people. And in no way mean to disrespect anyone. I love you guys

You sound so honest and good that if I was single and met someone like you, I would look no further. You don't know what you've got till its gone. That your Nigerian guy has lost an angel and he'll regret.

Stereotyping is a very significant part of Nigerian culture.

7 Likes

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by nonda510: 12:25am On Mar 31, 2012
I am a college educated African American women, who dated a Igbo man for six years before marrying him. I was pursuing my college education. I thought he was pursuing his business. I thought we had a wonderful relationship grin until I decided to go to Nigeria to marry him. The day before marrying him, I found messages from other women where they both flirting with each other. After we married and I returned to the U.S. all hell brok e loose. I started too receive phone calls from different people in Nigeria. A month later, someone emailed me several emails where my now husband was communicating with other women asking them to marry him, he has nude pictures on my computer, and saved messages from other women. To make matters worst, he does not work, did not pay for the ring, and has not given me a penny since we have been married (8months). He told me it is a part of the culture for a husband to do nothing. However, when he gets to the U.S. he will find a job. Meanwhile, he hang out with his friends and do things for his family. He will pick and choose when he wants to talk to me on the phone.

The question, I pose is this, Is this really an African Igbo cultural thing?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by liyah27(f): 3:54am On Apr 27, 2012
cshall1120: Well I do understand the culture and traditions are very important to Nigerian people. I am sadden and hurt to my core to know that I as an African American woman, who is honest, educated, and not after a man for material gain is judge by were I am born rather than the content of my character. I met a Yoruba (Nigerian) man that I felt deeply in love and I was willing to try and understand his culture and make compromise for it where need be on my part. This man claimed he felt the same way about me but fear he could not act on it because I was not Nigerian and would not be excepted by his family. He mom refused to hear the idea of him dating me. I am sad that stuff like this happen amongst any race but more so with African American and American. I understand that often black american are seen in a bad light as we are often only publicized for what we have done wrong. But there has been alot of us that have done alot of things right. In America, Black Americans have paved the way for other of dark skins foreign and domestic to be able to live a better life here, whether that be job opportunity, education, the simple american dream of ownership, liberty, freedom, and justice and this should not be forgotten. There are still many of Black American, who have morals, integrity, good character, believe in God, etc. And we as American women should not all be written off just because of what some women due. You may disagree for the sake of pride in yourselves but just like i know all black american are not good people and dont make for good partners, neither are all Nigerian (Yoruba) or other African men and women good people are good partners for them matter. Im pretty sure you know African people who do or have done some of the same bad things. cry I do not judge people by where they are born nor the color of their skin and I openly embrace African people and are hurt to know that I am immediately judge and not like before even taken the opportunity to get to know. I'm sorry but to me this is heartless that two people are denied an opportunity of unconditional love toward one another as partner, friends, or family simply because of culture or familiarity. I hope that we can heal the disconnect or gap that lie between us as a people. And in no way mean to disrespect anyone. I love you guys

I have had the exact same experience as you have. I am not African American but Mexican American. It is so difficult to understand how two people cannot be together when that is what they want. It feels so unfair to be judged before you even get the chance to show them who you are.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by BlackPikiN(m): 1:16pm On Apr 27, 2012
nonda510: I am a college educated African American women, who dated a Igbo man for six years before marrying him. I was pursuing my college education. I thought he was pursuing his business. I thought we had a wonderful relationship grin until I decided to go to Nigeria to marry him. The day before marrying him, I found messages from other women where they both flirting with each other. After we married and I returned to the U.S. all hell brok e loose. I started too receive phone calls from different people in Nigeria. A month later, someone emailed me several emails where my now husband was communicating with other women asking them to marry him, he has nude pictures on my computer, and saved messages from other women. To make matters worst, he does not work, did not pay for the ring, and has not given me a penny since we have been married (8months). He told me it is a part of the culture for a husband to do nothing. However, when he gets to the U.S. he will find a job.[color=#990000][/color] Meanwhile, he hang out with his friends and do things for his family. He will pick and choose when he wants to talk to me on the phone.

Damn!

As an Igbo man that your husband is, He's to provide for his family. He's lazy and it is never and will never be a cultural thing for an Igbo man to sit at home and expect his wife to bring his daily bread except in unavoidable situation.

Summary, Igbo men work hard for their nuclear and extended family, but this man must be one lazy man.

3 Likes

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by openeyes: 1:12am On Apr 29, 2012
WoW! It's 2012 and just think how stupid some ladies are! Why, Sorry please forgive me for using the word stupid. This Nigerian....American thing has been going on for how long now. For every 1 successful marriage between the two my guess is geeeeeez no telling how many fictitious marriages are out there. What will it take for us to wake up! This is very embarrassing! Not only for the victim but all women, this makes us look bad. Wake up for God sakes. Read, use your senses and trust them!!!!! This same thing happened to my sister, I begged and begged her not to marry this african guy aaaaaa in short she did.

My sister now today hates him! My question is why hate him.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by ladeeinwaiting6: 2:42am On May 10, 2012
Hi, I am an african american woman who lives in the states. I really need some advice. I met a nigerian man on the internet and have been talking to him for at least 6 months. I do not claim to be an easy mark, but I will explain my situation. When I started to communicate with this man he mis-represented himself as another. He said he was from the states working on a contract in Africa. He had a good paying job, not married, no kids, close to my own age of 37(he said he was 41). Something kept bugging me(a gut instinct) that said this man was not telling me the truth. I could not prove it, but one night it bothered me so bad that I got up out my bed to go searching on the internet to do a background check. With the fake name he gave me nothing never came up, but I still couldn't shake that feeling of being duped. So I kept searching til I found him on another dating site. Now finding him on a dating site was no biggie, however he had been proposing marriage and being together forever. This dating site however tells you when the site had been originally set up and it gave a date while we were still dating. I kept the information to myself for a week while I decided what I wanted to do. I confronted him with the information and of course he denied it. Finally he came clean about everything once he knew I was through with him. He is 27, he is employed but he is from Nigeria, he is Yoruban and I have a friend from Nigeria he tells me he is just trying to scam me. But my thing is why take it this far just for a scam. Once I caught him in his lies he could have easily just dropped me. He has not. He has spent the last month trying to make it up to me about his lying. He has even went as far to send me a copy of his passport with his information on it in good faith. He wants me to come there to marry him, but I cannot fully trust him yet. He has a long way to go before I do. I have since forgiven him of his lies so that I can be forgiven. But here is my question...is there some sort of custom that Nigerian men need to marry in their country? He has stated he wants to marry with his family in attendance. Lets be real, the plane tickets alone is the cost of the engagement ring and wedding set.Plus the cost of getting the visa and passport is quite expensive. He is not a rich man. I am a divorced monther of one ten year old son with an elderly mother I care for. That is a far off distance just to get married in 6-12 months time. For the other women out there who have jumped the broom is the jump really worth it? He also wants a child. I have had my tubes tied due to complications from my son's birth. It can be reversed but that is another bone of contention I anticipate will be a problem later on. I cannot conceive the idea of marrying in Nigeria then waiting months for him to move here to the states. Has anyone else encountered this type of situation. What are some of the local customs for marrying a Nigerian man? When I ask him questions he cannot give me alot of details. I do not want to walk into this blindly. If someone could respond please do so.

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by tpia5: 2:52am On May 10, 2012
I am an african american woman who lives in the states

. I met a nigerian man on the internet and have been talking to him

When I started to communicate with this man he mis-represented himself as another. He said he was from the states working on a contract in Africa

@ bolded

you couldnt tell he wasnt AA?

just curious.

usually people know when someone is african.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by ladeeinwaiting6: 11:27am On May 10, 2012
This is how he got me. He said his father was from Trinadad and his mother was from Florida. So I figured it would kinda be like myself, my mother is from the northern states and my father is from the southern states. My father had an accent even though he lived longer in the northern states than in the south. I picked up the accent just by being exposed to him so I went with his theory. Since this man had an accent and he was convincing with it. Now that he has proposed marriage to me I have seen his sister and niece by webcam. He said he would take his computer and let me meet everyone by webcam if that is what it took to make me stay with him til I can meet them in person. He knows he is still in the dog house so to speak with me since everything he told me for 5 months was a lie. He has been making it his business to "come clean" with everything. He stated that his father wanted to see me, I guess to give his blessing on this union. I told him he needs to tell his parents exactly what he did to me 1st so that they know fully the situation. The reason why he gave me a fake name, fake age, fake background, and even fake photo was that he did not think I would be attracted to an nigerian man. He is very attractive, but he is a bit insecure. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. I know somthing else is going to happen, but I don't know what. Should I cut my losses now or stick it out to the end? And if I do stick it out, are there some special customs for outside women to marry an Nigerian I should know about?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by osram(m): 9:53am On May 19, 2012
cshall am ready to love n cherish u..i rili love black americans..infact i dream of marrying a black american some day.here is my email:linusofblessing@yahoo.com...anxiously waitn to hear from u.tnx
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Dede1(m): 6:51pm On May 19, 2012
nonda510: I am a college educated African American women, who dated a Igbo man for six years before marrying him. I was pursuing my college education. I thought he was pursuing his business. I thought we had a wonderful relationship grin until I decided to go to Nigeria to marry him. The day before marrying him, I found messages from other women where they both flirting with each other. After we married and I returned to the U.S. all hell brok e loose. I started too receive phone calls from different people in Nigeria. A month later, someone emailed me several emails where my now husband was communicating with other women asking them to marry him, he has nude pictures on my computer, and saved messages from other women. To make matters worst, he does not work, did not pay for the ring, and has not given me a penny since we have been married (8months). He told me it is a part of the culture for a husband to do nothing. However, when he gets to the U.S. he will find a job. Meanwhile, he hang out with his friends and do things for his family. He will pick and choose when he wants to talk to me on the phone.

This is a hogwash and delusional tale by the moonlight. Please conjure a better gullible story than this crap. You dated him for 6 years and you remained stone-blinded you could not find a sign of flirting. Suddenly a day to the alleged wedding, your eyes were wide opened that you could see through the darkness. Also, the alleged husband who pursued his business while you were dating him remembered a husband does not work.

It is a forbidden endeavor for a woman to provide for man in a marriage or friendship in Igbo culture. You claimed you went to Nigeria to get married yet you did not try to discern a common stay in Igbo culture about marriage. I guess your attitude after the alleged marriage which shows you wanted to reap into alimony resulted in the estrange behavior of your husband. Again, you failed the test of wedlock by succumbing to the detractors probably sent your way by your husband’s family to test your commitment to their son. An Igbo lady would have shrugged off such detractors and make her marriage the talk of the town.

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by osram(m): 10:18am On May 20, 2012
Its all about you..JESUS..OFF TO CHURCH PALS..C U ALL LETA
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Fulaman198(m): 5:52pm On May 20, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Damn!

As an Igbo man that your husband is, He's to provide for his family. He's lazy and it is never and will never be a cultural thing for an Igbo man to sit at home and expect his wife to bring his daily bread except in unavoidable situation.

Summary, Igbo men work hard for their nuclear and extended family, but this man must be one lazy man.

All Nigerian men in general work hard, that said all she has to do is read "Things Fall Apart" It was written by an Igbo man. Igbos who are lazy are usually shunned from society based on the novel.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Fulaman198(m): 5:57pm On May 20, 2012
The same men who are marrying American women or non-African women in general aren't really traditional anyways, so they would not care if you are just yourself anyways. Don't worry about their tradition because when they married an American woman they should know that the woman would know nothing about their particular ethnic groups background.

If a Nigerian man wants to be traditional, he would marry someone from back home.

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by osram(m): 10:24pm On May 20, 2012
Fulaman198: The same men who are marrying American women or non-African women in general aren't really traditional anyways, so they would not care if you are just yourself anyways. Don't worry about their tradition because when they married an American woman they should know that the woman would know nothing about their particular ethnic groups background.

If a Nigerian man wants to be traditional, he would marry someone from back home.
marrying a foreigner dos nt mean dt a man is not traditional..it all depends on the individual..as for me marrying a foreigner is the best thing that would happen to me
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Fulaman198(m): 3:09am On May 21, 2012
osram: marrying a foreigner dos nt mean dt a man is not traditional..it all depends on the individual..as for me marrying a foreigner is the best thing that would happen to me

And why is that? What is so good about marrying a foreigner? When I say foreigner I don't necessarily mean Non-Nigerian but I mean non-African (Oyibo, Afr. American, Caribbean, Asian, Hispanic, etc.)..

Personally for me, I prefer a West African woman because she would understand my culture better and understand me better as whole. A Western woman wouldn't be able to do that, and not only that, but a lot of Western women can not cook 1 kobo.

2 Likes

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by MSONWORDI: 2:06am On Aug 08, 2012
Hello nairaland,

This is my first time posting. I would like to shared that I'm a African American who is very much in love with a Nigerian man. We met through a cousin online (I know, didn't started like a fairy-tale)but we talked on the phone and texts. Later on in the second year I really heard his voice, meaning I was getting to know him but I'm catious didn't want to be scam. Sometimes I be to myself wondering why in the world I feel like this about a man from Nigeria and thousand miles away from me. My future husband is a kind hearted man and he is very laid back. When I read on here that all nigerian men was rude, disrespectful, cheater, scammers, etc. I be like well he must be good I need to test him some more, naw, we pray together, and this year is the third year knowing him and I have been in contact with his sister, and two of his brothers on Facebook. I'm looking forward to meeting all of them in person in December. He wanted to get married this year but I believe it would have to wait til next year. I have to have my dream wedding. lol......I appreiciated some positive stories as well of the negative ones. You have to be careful in everything you do. Pray and ask for a sign and know that person is for you. I have learned that love could find you doesn't matter who, where, and how. Take care.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by MrsChima(f): 3:53am On Aug 08, 2012
osram: marrying a foreigner dos nt mean dt a man is not traditional..it all depends on the individual..as for me marrying a foreigner is the best thing that would happen to me

You are right...just because a person isn't from your culture doesn't mean that it will not work out. It is about two people in the relationship and how they understand each other. If you guys are able to communicate effectively with each other and respect each other.....everything will fall in place.

Trust me that I know.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by MrsChima(f): 3:56am On Aug 08, 2012
MSONWORDI: Hello nairaland,

This is my first time posting. I would like to shared that I'm a African American who is very much in love with a Nigerian man. We met through a cousin online (I know, didn't started like a fairy-tale)but we talked on the phone and texts. Later on in the second year I really heard his voice, meaning I was getting to know him but I'm catious didn't want to be scam. Sometimes I be to myself wondering why in the world I feel like this about a man from Nigeria and thousand miles away from me. My future husband is a kind hearted man and he is very laid back. When I read on here that all nigerian men was rude, disrespectful, cheater, scammers, etc. I be like well he must be good I need to test him some more, naw, we pray together, and this year is the third year knowing him and I have been in contact with his sister, and two of his brothers on Facebook. I'm looking forward to meeting all of them in person in December. He wanted to get married this year but I believe it would have to wait til next year. I have to have my dream wedding. lol......I appreiciated some positive stories as well of the negative ones. You have to be careful in everything you do. Pray and ask for a sign and know that person is for you. I have learned that love could find you doesn't matter who, where, and how. Take care.

It is true that love will find you no matter where and who you are. You should have your dream wedding but why not meet each other families before start planning a wedding?

Are you planning on moving to Nigeria or is he planning on moving to America?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by tpia5: 6:05am On Aug 08, 2012
ladeeinwaiting6: This is how he got me. He said his father was from Trinadad and his mother was from Florida. So I figured it would kinda be like myself, my mother is from the northern states and my father is from the southern states. My father had an accent even though he lived longer in the northern states than in the south. I picked up the accent just by being exposed to him so I went with his theory. Since this man had an accent and he was convincing with it.

trinidad accent is different from the african one though.

and if your dad was black [ie AA], his accent would still reflect the same- the black accent is a southern one regardless of location.

here's a nigerian accent @ 0.10:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vcdc_NLlE4

west indian accent starting @ 3.44:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lR5BTuOV5Fg&feature=related
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by mystikc77: 3:07am On Nov 08, 2012
@ladyinwaiting...I'd just like to know how you made out with this man, as I am now in the same situation. My mind tell me run my heart tell me stay

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by osram(m): 7:35am On Nov 08, 2012
mystikc77: @ladyinwaiting...I'd just like to know how you made out with this man, as I am now in the same situation. My mind tell me run my heart tell me stay
oh mystik i feel ur pain..please run to me and i promise you wount regret it,i would love you with all my heart,care for you and cherish you.my email is linusv49@gmail.com
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by mystikc77: 4:49am On Nov 09, 2012
osram: oh mystik i feel ur pain..please run to me and i promise you wount regret it,i would love you with all my heart,care for you and cherish you.my email is linusv49@gmail.com

Thanks luv but that doesn't answer my Q
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by osram(m): 7:44am On Nov 09, 2012
mystikc77:

Thanks luv but that doesn't answer my Q
just email me so that we can talk ok?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by mystikc77: 2:40am On Nov 10, 2012
osram: just email me so that we can talk ok?
about what?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by osram(m): 8:34am On Nov 10, 2012
mystikc77: about what?
about alot of things....my email is linusv49@gmail.com
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Blyss: 9:00pm On Nov 10, 2012
BlackPikiN:

Damn!

I know and known of quite a few Igbo and Yoruba guys who've lived comfortably off of the hard work of their Black-American or white American girlfriends, Fiance or wife. undecided Just saying.

1 Like

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by MrsChima(f): 9:17pm On Nov 10, 2012
Fulaman198:

And why is that? What is so good about marrying a foreigner? When I say foreigner I don't necessarily mean Non-Nigerian but I mean non-African (Oyibo, Afr. American, Caribbean, Asian, Hispanic, etc.)..

Personally for me, I prefer a West African woman because she would understand my culture better and understand me better as whole. A Western woman wouldn't be able to do that, and not only that, but a lot of Western women can not cook 1 kobo.

A lot of Eastern/African women can't cook.

From the look of things...your Fula brother is eating good with his "western" wife, Jallowbah. grin grin grin grin

What would a South Sudanese woman have in common with a Nigerian man (exclude sharing the same continent)
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Princess1982(f): 8:57am On Nov 15, 2012
I am a African American women and Im dating a Nigerian man who I met online. when he first messaged me on a social networking site I was very rude I shot down him and his whole country because, what we hear in the states about African men is that they are all scam artist after our money or a green card. So after a lot of his annoying messages I finally started to communicate with him in a civilized manner. So after months of messaging and really high phone bills we fell in love he completly swept me off my feet and helped me grow out of my steryotyps I haf about African men. So I finally agreed to come to Ikeja and meet him and his family and I fell in love Im learning his language by the way he is yoruba, I am learning his culture and I talk to his mom often and she is teaching me to cook food from their culture. I love 9ja just as much as my boyfriend if not more. Oh and he has no desire to live in the states because, business is good for him in Nigeria he has the nicest GRA on the block.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by MrsChima(f): 3:10pm On Nov 15, 2012
Princess1982: I am a African American women and Im dating a Nigerian man who I met online. when he first messaged me on a social networking site I was very rude I shot down him and his whole country because, what we hear in the states about African men is that they are all scam artist after our money or a green card. So after a lot of his annoying messages I finally started to communicate with him in a civilized manner. So after months of messaging and really high phone bills we fell in love he completly swept me off my feet and helped me grow out of my steryotyps I haf about African men. So I finally agreed to come to Ikeja and meet him and his family and I fell in love Im learning his language by the way he is yoruba, I am learning his culture and I talk to his mom often and she is teaching me to cook food from their culture. I love 9ja just as much as my boyfriend if not more. Oh and he has no desire to live in the states because, business is good for him in Nigeria he has the nicest GRA on the block.

Wow...you went from annoyed to in love. grin

Does he have any wives? Since he is not "interested" in coming to the States...are you planning on living in Nigeria forever?

If it comes down to it...would you be okay with him having another wife?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (22) (Reply)

Yoruba Songs From Back: When? Remember Any? Jot Them Down Here / Please, Teach Me Efik/ibibio (calabar/akwa-ibom) Language. / Igbo learning thread + Translator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.