Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,399 members, 7,891,758 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 06:28 PM

American Women That Marry Nigerian Men - Culture (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / American Women That Marry Nigerian Men (224780 Views)

Are African Women Jealous Of African American Women's "Natural" Lighter Skin? / Why Do African Women Dislike African American Women? / Igbo-Nigerian Men Are The Most Handsome Men In Africa! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by armyofone(m): 2:44pm On Dec 07, 2010
you mean o man, you bad bad Hero smiley. why are you speaking from both side of your mouth? you married to our sister and don't want your sistah marry our bros?
you eat too much peppersoup and ngwogwo Darapture.

DaRapture:

LOL. you must be mistaking me for someone else, because not only am I married with two kids, but I'm married to an Igbo woman; I'm an African-American by the way. I'm just sick and tired of my foolish AA sistas falling for these slick, slimy, lying backside African guys and then coming on places like this to complain in droves when the scum gets done using them up as is the NORM, not the exception.

yeah, yeah, yeah. I've heard it all before, just months, weeks, or a few years after hearing out of the same mouth how badly the dude dogged them.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by dayokanu(m): 5:26pm On Dec 07, 2010
Is it not hypocritical that someone who married an Igbo person is now warning another person against doing the same?

DaRapture:

I'm married to an Igbo woman; I'm an African-American by the way. I'm just sick and tired of my foolish AA sistas falling for these slick, slimy, lying backside African guys and then coming on places like this to complain in droves when the scum gets done using them up as is the NORM, not the exception.

yeah, yeah, yeah. I've heard it all before, just months, weeks, or a few years after hearing out of the same mouth how badly the dude dogged them.

I hope the slick, slimy, lying backside African you married is done with you.

Now can you share with us how she dogged you?
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by racheal84(f): 12:42am On Dec 08, 2010
@poster,

I agree with you. I dont think it has to do with just the NIGERIAN man. . .it could be any man coming from any other country if thats how they are. I am also american and married to a nigerian. He is none of what u described u wer told.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by eddy2222: 2:11pm On Dec 08, 2010
Guys pls let cool now we are all blacks lets cool down on dis and show ourselves love and directions please no more bad words,please we need to leave together happy please
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Omenani(m): 8:29pm On Dec 10, 2010
I am the product of a union between a Nigerian (Igbo) man and a Black American woman.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by eddy2222: 8:43pm On Dec 11, 2010
@Omenani,how does it feel are they still today
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by eddy2222: 8:44pm On Dec 11, 2010
together
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Omenani(m): 12:55am On Dec 13, 2010
eddy2222:

@Omenani,how does it feel are they still today

Unfortunately they are not. Maybe it is due to the differences in culture. Black American women are very headstrong, while we all know how Nigerian men are at times. These clash of egos caused that relationship to break up.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by dayokanu(m): 5:12pm On Dec 13, 2010
Yeah.

It takes a lot of compromise for people of 2 different cultures to get married and stay married
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by chic2pimp(m): 6:04pm On Dec 13, 2010
N_Danielle:

@chic2pimp:
What do u mean by "Cheesy emotion"?
I meant "Emoticons" not "Emotions"
Anyways here goes your answer below

armyofone:

[b]fake emotion/emoticon/pictorial icon with fake laugh/grin/smile
Hero is good at it grin[/b]odikwa serious kwa

N_Danielle:

@ armyofone:
Ok. got-cha.
I've known my igbo man for over 5 mon. and if there was any sign of false emotion I would of figured that out before the end of month 1. (I'm a great judge of character!)
Neither Him nor I was referring to your Man, we were talking about that Nincompoop called DaRapture.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by chic2pimp(m): 6:08pm On Dec 13, 2010
dayokanu:

Is it not hypocritical that someone who married an Igbo person is now warning another person against doing the same?

Don't mind that F,o.ol!!!
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 10:01pm On Dec 13, 2010
@ chic2pimp:

Ok. sorry for the misunderstanding.
Thnks 4 clearing that up 4 me.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by chic2pimp(m): 1:18am On Dec 14, 2010
No Problemo sweetie.
Take Good care of your man and don't let the likes of DaRapture discourage you.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 5:27am On Dec 14, 2010
@ chic2pimp:

Will do just that, smiley
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by diane2222(f): 10:27am On Dec 15, 2010
Well I am very happy with my Igbo man from Nigerian. I will be meeting him face to face in February.
I appreciate him wanting to find out more about me, "AA Girl from Chicago.
I love my Eddy so much. We meet via Skype. The time we spend together is to allow us to get to know each other.
I can really say that he has taught me about his culture.

I am normally a very aggressive female that in is charge. I have always wanted a man that would take charge and let me sit back in the cut as he take charge.

I love my IGBO man, Forever EDDIE! smiley

Diane, loving her man!
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NDanielle1: 10:38am On Dec 15, 2010
@ diane2222:

I hope I did u (us) justice.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by diane2222(f): 6:17pm On Dec 15, 2010
@ eddy2222:

What are you looking 2 know about the Chgo lady?

Most AA Women are:
smart, intelligent, respectful (2 herself, family, friends and boyfriend OR husband) hard-working, independent, friendly & beautiful.

NOW!!!!!!! what to look out for is what we in the states call "GOLD DIGGERS:"

There are two basic types of Gold Diggers out there:

1) The women who don’t give a crap about you.
This woman is only interested in herself and what she can acquire.

2) The women who give a teensy little bit about you.
This woman is only dating you because she thinks you’re the best she can do at this moment in time; she probably “likes you ok” but she will never love you.

____________________________________________________________________--

@N Danielle
Yes you did well on explaining and I agree with you.

I know that there are no perfect relationship.  Communication will be the key!

We want to be that of a story that does not n in dissapointment.  Of course as we all know,   I believe itspossible to find real love and that the International relationship between an american girl and Nigerian man can work.  What if someone said, all blacks in the USA is the same, beware of them.  I would be upset because I am who I am not because of being Black but because of my character, inner being.  Steriotype is what blinds us and not look within the heart of a person.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by DaRapture: 6:39am On Dec 17, 2010
Hold the F-uck up one damn minute. cheesy Yall, chickens are crazy. Now we've got one knucklehead on here called Eddy2222 claiming she got something hot and special with some fabled Igbo guy who I assume is named EDDY, who's going to end up being her knight and shining armor.

Now we've got another on here named Diane2222 claiming she's going to be FOOLISHLY going to meet up with some Igbo fool named Eddy, and live happily ever after. Now it's odd how they both share a common story about some bum named Eddy, and they both have that 2222 after their names.

Also, there's another chick on here named Eddy-girl or something like that, and and she to had a story almost identical to these two chicks. LOL. cheesy

So either someone idiot is trying to play you fools for suckers or there's a bunch of misguided young AA chicks on here whom are being scammed by one big time scamming Nigerian creep, which I think is the case. You chicks have been had like a mothafu-cker. cheesy
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by diane2222(f): 9:31am On Dec 17, 2010
@DaRapture

lol, I think I can help clear things up. EDDY2222 is actually my Nigerian boyfriend. i am Diane2222 which is an African American female originally from chicago.
We joined this site together. His name is EDDY and my name is Diane. We have not met in person outside from skype. He comes to the US in March for school and I look forward to taking our relationship to the next level. I would be interested knowing who this EDDY-girl is though, Lil.

In any case we are getting very close as we share things about each other. I am far from Ni eve and I ask all the right questions.

He actually have told many many horror stories concerning men from Nigeria. These are things you wont know unless someone from Nigeria tells you.
I believe its possible to fall in love with a Nigerian as an American girl and keep the flames hot.
Ii love my Eddy and he has pr oven that he loves me as well, smiley

Diane
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by eddy2222: 6:14pm On Dec 17, 2010
@Diane2222,you need not reply him(DA rapture)he is just home sick calling for attention@DA rapture don't you have anytin good to do with your time,do you know one i learn t about AA men is what you have shown me lazy,depend ant,use bad words always and nosy,you claim to protect Ur AA WOMEN but you do more bad than good just sit down check yourself how many have you really helped are you JESUS?AND IF TRUE LY YOU ARE MARRIAGE to an Ibo lady why has she never said any tin here at all,You know why cos she is busy trying to make money for the family and you just lazy on the internet trying to show us how many bad words you have inside of you,i really don't have time for this,do u know what my girl told me about blacks in America,she said that the KKK whites says,you don't need to kill them no more just put them in the same building they do the killing themselves why are we killing ourselves and calling it helping AA WOMEN,Finally am eddy a PROUD NATIVE EDUCATED LOVABLE AFRICAN and in love with Diane2222 and that the only person that has bought me here and keeping me here cos i hate to see negativity shown by my brother,if i got u offended am sorry but please just advice with facts thanks
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by bkbabe97y(m): 7:23pm On Dec 17, 2010
eddy2222:

@Diane2222,you need not reply him(DA rapture)he is just home sick calling for attention@DA rapture don't you have anytin good to do with your time,do you know one i learn t about AA men is what you have shown me l[/b]azy,depend ant,use bad words always and nosy,you claim to protect your AA WOMEN but you do more bad than good just sit down check yourself how many have you really helped are you JESUS?[b]AND IF TRUE LY YOU ARE MARRIAGE to an Ibo lady why has she never said any tin here at all,You know why cos she is busy trying to make money for the family and you just lazy on the internet trying to show us how many bad words you have inside of you.

Sorry to bust your bubble BUT DA RAPTURE IS AN IBO MAN!!! I already exposed him in other threads thats why he ran this way. He's an Ibo man pretending to be AA; go to the Racism and Tribalism section and see how he was dissected. . . . . matter fact, I'll post u some of the links later on! He can "try" to fool those that aint been in the States for long or have never been here, but he cant fool "BONAFIDES".  He calls "Car Trunks"  "Boots", he calls "Trucks" "Jeeps", he even called "Pants" "Trousers". . . . amongst a whole other Nigeria way of speaking blunders that he regularly blesses us with in his failed-on-arrival-bid to fake his way into AAism!!! This fool even said EVE (the rapper) looks just LIKE A FEMALE FROM SOUTH-EAST NIGERIA!!! All of a sudden, this AA knows what every Nigerian looks like depending on their Region. I couldnt pull that off even if Jesus granted me a free pass to heaven!

lol. This fool even spells it "IGBO"------ Clear, trademark of a typical Ibo!!!

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=15616.msg7320341#msg7320341

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=165438.msg7357322#msg7357322
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by DaRapture: 8:42pm On Dec 17, 2010
diane2222:

@DaRapture

lol, I think I can help clear things up. EDDY2222 is actually my Nigerian boyfriend. i am Diane2222 which is an African American female originally from chicago.
We joined this site together. His name is EDDY and my name is Diane. We have not met in person outside from skype. He comes to the US in March for school and I look forward to taking our relationship to the next level. I would be interested knowing who this EDDY-girl is though, Lil.

In any case we are getting very close as we share things about each other. I am far from Ni eve and I ask all the right questions.

He actually have told many many horror stories concerning men from Nigeria. These are things you wont know unless someone from Nigeria tells you.
I believe its possible to fall in love with a Nigerian as an American girl and keep the flames hot.
Ii love my Eddy and he has pr oven that he loves me as well, smiley

Diane

Ok, well if that's the case, then I wish you the best in your adventurous endevra.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by eddy2222: 9:47pm On Dec 17, 2010
@bk baby97y thanks now i have a better understanding thank you very much,@DA rapture see all your secrets in front of thousands of people am ashamed of you been an African,maybe you were refused an American visa or something, why not look for a better job i could help you seriously that what i do,help u look for something that would keep you busy,and also help you take good care of the so called wife you got,and how could you fail such a simple test ,pants,tuck,SUV etc you failed well don't be mad at him, Ibo's which i cant speak ill o,f cos am one,but very educated,the less educated ones are mainly business men and very good at what they do,but those that fall out of school and cant do the so called business fall into DA rapture group YAHOO YAHOO,he understands
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by bkbabe97y(m): 4:07pm On Dec 18, 2010
DaRapture:

Ok, well if that's the case, then I wish you the best in your adventurous endevra.  

This is Da Rapture's "NEW TRICK"!!! He misspells words on purpose in hopes that it'll make him seem "more American" online! ROFLMAO!!!

20 posts ago his spellings was perfect, now since I exposed him, he's been misspelling on purpose! fuxcking faker!
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by DaRapture: 4:46pm On Dec 18, 2010
eddy2222:

@bk baby97y thanks now i have a better understanding thank you very much,@DA rapture see all your secrets in front of thousands of people am ashamed of you been an African,maybe you were refused an American visa or something, why not look for a better job i could help you seriously that what i do,help u look for something that would keep you busy,and also help you take good care of the so called wife you got,and how could you fail such a simple test ,pants,tuck,SUV etc you failed well don't be mad at him, Ibo's which i cant speak ill o,f cos am one,but very educated,the less educated ones are mainly business men and very good at what they do,but those that fall out of school and cant do the so called business fall into DA rapture group YAHOO YAHOO,he understands

LOL at this jerk. Dude, you'd be a damn fool to listen to anything that perverted clown says.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by DaRapture: 4:49pm On Dec 18, 2010
bk.babe97y:

This is Da Rapture's "NEW TRICK"!!! He misspells words on purpose in hopes that it'll make him seem "more American" online! ROFLMAO!!!

20 posts ago his spellings was perfect, now since I exposed him, he's been misspelling on purpose! fuxcking faker!

Get off these nuts trick. What kind of real man calls himself Babe? Answer: A gay one, or in your case,  a DL one. cheesy You filthy Yoruba terd.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by bkbabe97y(m): 11:47pm On Dec 18, 2010
Ibo Kwanu!

Da Rapture Kwanu!
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by diane2222(f): 4:16am On Dec 19, 2010
Ok, I need advise.

I love my Nigerian Igbo man.    We communicate through skype but plan to meet in March 2011.  Have you ever known a romance to be successful VIA internet.

He is a very educated,  loverable, real and he bends over backward for me.  He has put everything in this relationship to prove his love for me.

Many, many sacrifices as well as his finances.  I really believe in him and I don't want to hurt him.  Any advise?
I guess I still believe in true love coming true.

We are both being Optimistic dispute of our difference in culture

Open for comments, Diane loving my Eddy.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by NYWM1(m): 7:39am On Dec 21, 2010
eddy2222:

please also let me in about my aa women am so in love with my aa woman i call her my african queen,but we have gotten to know too much of ,african,nigeria ibo men what should be noted about my chicago lady what should i watch out for?
That is wonderful, Eddy2222. I wish you and Diane2222 the best.
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 27, 2010
Deals Affair helps Nigerians enjoy the best offers, discounts, bonanzas, special promotions and unbeatable prices around them.

Our service helps customers buy smart and save money and businesses use this to attract new customers to their products and services.

Links
www.dealsaffair.com

www.facebook.com/dealsaffair

www.twitter.com/dealsaffair
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by ruffrider(f): 1:31am On Dec 31, 2010
You all are cracking me up. OMG. cheesy
Re: American Women That Marry Nigerian Men by kapurwm: 5:31am On Jan 08, 2011
[color=#000099][/color] Very soon I will be marring my Nigerian man , so many mixed emotions from so many on here . But from my point of view My soon to be husband an I have very much taken time to get to know each other . This was no quick relationship . But the making of time an much efforts to know an learn about each other an our ways as individual human beings . Not just a Nigerian man an American woman . An yes we are still learning about each other an the cultural difference .
Nigerian men with American women can be a difficult thing to handle "if " the relationship is real an not Just a seeker of American papers . I have seen an known much of both .
My Nigerian man is very loving , kind an caring . He is just not use to a woman who speaks her mind an who stand up for her self ! He has never had a woman say no to him or speak back defensively . Its a cultural thing to get use to . we have had our share of disagreements yes , that's what normal couples do at times . But he has never ever been abusive in way at all .
also I think an believe it all depends on the tribe they come from an the beliefs in which each man or woman has been raised , this is just my personal view from what I have learned .
Nigerian man lazy , hahaha no I do not think so ! Cheaters , men are men no matter where they come from an all have the ability to do it , that's not a race or country thing but a personal choice . so who is to say all Nigerian men cheat what a crock of BS .
My Man is romantic an is very attentive , Maybe I am just the lucky one , There are many good Nigerian men out here an do not deserve to get a bad rap because of hear say from someone else's bad experience .
all I know is I love my man an everyday grateful I have him in my life

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Yoruba Songs From Back: When? Remember Any? Jot Them Down Here / Please, Teach Me Efik/ibibio (calabar/akwa-ibom) Language. / Igbo learning thread + Translator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.