Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,905 members, 7,973,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 08:31 AM

Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel - Fashion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel (19803 Views)

Lawmakers In Israel To Ban The Use Of Ultrathin Models. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by Nobody: 4:50am On Jun 16, 2013
true2god: Israel is just using this innocent girl to polish their image as a country without racism, but we r wiser now.

All na fake. Africans shoul beware of any zionist plot.

We've been hearing of a "zionist plot" since 1948, when is this "plot" going to materialize?
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by Nobody: 4:53am On Jun 16, 2013
mithel:

they are very racist!!!!!!!!!!

Africa: Israeli Government Deports 25,000 After Racist Protests
http://allafrica.com/stories/201206050502.html

http://rt.com/news/israel-immigrants-deport-mass-907/

Left-wing protestors raise a sign picturing a member of the Klu Klux Klan (KKK) in opposition to a right-wing demonstration against African migrants in the city of Tel Aviv on May 30, 2012 (AFP Photo / David Buimovitch)

So a "non-racist" state is one that welcomes african migrants from wherever failed state they have come with open arms regardless of the unfavourable economic consequences? Sorry, the rest of the world does not owe africans an escape route from their fundamental inability to create a viable state for themselves. There are immigration rules for a reason, i didnt hear any of you whinning about racism when Nigeria kicked ghanaians out in the 80s.

1 Like

Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by Nobody: 5:32am On Jun 16, 2013
BarryX: Now you just implicated yourself, Jews are not WHITE people even from the link you provided, it said they're an ethnoreligious group that have absorbed different groups down the millenia. Being Jewish is sincerely not colour-related cos even the Ethiopians are accepted Jews and the last time I checked they're not white-skinned.
you said Igbos look somewhat Jewish and majority of the jews are white/look white. If you dont mean white/light skinned then how else will you justify Igbos looking jewish?...I know not all Jews are white but majority when it comes to the colur of their skin are white and Igbos def dont look white so in no way do they look ''somewhat Jewish''.
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by deols(f): 7:32am On Jun 16, 2013
davidylan:

If you asked the Ethiopian jews, they would tell you they'd rather stay in Israel than go back to Adis Ababa. I wonder why you're crying more than the bereaved.

I wonder how it concerns you too. No be my face I use cry?

and how many of them have you spoken with. From experience, I know that I'd rather eat garri and epa in my 'developing' home country village than go eat bread where I am seen as a second class.
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 16, 2013
deols:

I wonder how it concerns you too. No be my face I use cry?

and how many of them have you spoken with. From experience, I know that I'd rather eat garri and epa in my 'developing' home country village than go eat bread where I am seen as a second class.

I struggled to understand what you meant to say here. The post wasnt about you or what you'd prefer.
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by BarryX(m): 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2013
babe_online:
you said Igbos look somewhat Jewish and majority of the jews are white/look white. If you dont mean white/light skinned then how else will you justify Igbos looking jewish?...I know not all Jews are white but majority when it comes to the colur of their skin are white and Igbos def dont look white so in no way do they look ''somewhat Jewish''.
It seems the misunderstanding is caused by my usage of the word "look". Let me clarify it once and for all , the look in that particular context relates to showing inclination/tendency or a particular view of life ---it's used as an intransitive verb.. Hope it helps
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by deols(f): 9:46am On Jun 17, 2013
davidylan:

I struggled to understand what you meant to say here. The post wasnt about you or what you'd prefer.

I mean you cannot be sure that the Falasha would rather stay in Isreal where they are treated as second class citizens.
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by 99cent: 2:10am On Jun 18, 2013
davidylan:

and you know this is a PR scam how? You live in Israel now? It is one thing to make a "point", it is another to make sure it makes a shred of sense.

dude. It seems like you don't follow the news.

---In Dec-January, news broke that Israel was sterilizing Ethiopian women in Israel. or at least forcing very strong birth control medicine (same one used to sterilize animals) on them and then lying to the woman by claiming that they were being vaccinated. This scandal was picked up by international press in January.

---In February, Israel crowns an Ethiopian woman as its most beautiful woman. Miss Israel grin grin grin how fast they put their Public Relations dept to use.

hmm coincidence much?
The irony is the saddest considering the genocide israelis faced in d past in Europe. yet they are now choosing to carry out genocide on a population in their midst.
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by 99cent: 2:17am On Jun 18, 2013
Just about every news article that talks about this new "miss israel" also recognizes the "coincidence" in d article
read this article below as an example:

------
In February, 21-year-old Yityish Aynaw became the first black Miss Israel. Born in Ethiopia, Aynaw was orphaned at the age of 12 and her maternal grandparents, already settled in Israel, sent for her and her younger brother. The rest, as they say, is history.

Or it would be, if Israel wasn’t still grappling with its own history of discrimination against black Ethiopian Jews since the first planeload were flown into Israel more than three decades ago. To understand both the significance and the hypocrisy of Aynaw’s victory it is necessary to look at this history.

Living in highly segregated communities, they have complained of being refused jobs, housing, and their children being denied places in schools. This widespread and ongoing prejudice finally prompted thousands to protest in anti-racism rallies last year.

But nothing signifies the endemic discrimination against this community more than the bombshell that was the Israeli government’s admission that it was guilty of giving birth control to Ethiopian Jewish women, without their full consent

While they were still in transit camps in Ethiopia, women were either misled or coerced into accepting injections of Depo-Provera. ‘They told us they are inoculations’, one victim told the Israeli investigative journalist who broke the story. ‘They told us people who frequently give birth suffer. We took it every three months. We said we didn’t want to.’ While some were persuaded to take the inoculation, others were told, point blank, that they could not emigrate if they refused the injections.

The birth rate of Israel’s Ethiopian community has decreased by 50 percent, even as the birth rate of the general population increased with rights groups directly blaming the government’s deliberate drive to forcibly restrict and limit the fertility of Ethiopian women.

So what then, to make of Aynaw’s crowning as Israel’s latest beauty queen (apart, that is, from the irony inherent in treating winning an appearance-based contest as some sort of victory for human rights)?

Aynaw is said to have won the judges over by declaring it was simply ‘time’ for a black woman to take the crown. It is indeed tempting to take her triumph as a sign that things are changing but her victory is at best purely symbolic and at worst utterly cynical.

http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-and-views/dl-opinion/the-hypocrisy-of--a-black-miss-israel-20130401-2h2qr.html
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by 99cent: 2:39am On Jun 18, 2013
davidylan:

So a "non-racist" state is one that welcomes african migrants from wherever failed state they have come with open arms regardless of the unfavourable economic consequences? Sorry, the rest of the world does not owe africans an escape route from their fundamental inability to create a viable state for themselves. There are immigration rules for a reason, i didnt hear any of you whinning about racism when Nigeria kicked ghanaians out in the 80s.

you are very mistaken. The African Jews are not any less entitled to Israel as European or Asiatic jews.
That is the misconception on your part that just because they are black, they are unworthy of going "home" to israel.

Israel cannot refuse to admit Ethiopian jews because the very existence of Israel is to serve as home to all jews around the world whether in the middle east/asia (brown), europe (white), or africa (black). jews are technically not actually a race. There are different sects

Ashkenazi, the Jews of Germany and Northern France (in Hebrew, Ashkenaz)

· Sephardi, the Jews of Iberia (in Hebrew, Sepharad) and the Spanish diaspora

· Mizrahi, or Oriental Jews

Beta Israel (Ethiopian jews)

Bene Israel (Indian Jews)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_Israel
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by Nobody: 2:57am On Jun 18, 2013
deols:

I mean you cannot be sure that the Falasha would rather stay in Isreal where they are treated as second class citizens.

1. they are not treated as second citizens, that is another nonsensical falsehood propagated by those with a devious agenda.

2. If the falasha truly hated being second class citizens and preferred life in Ethiopia then why haven't they hopped on planes back home? Are they held to ransom in Israel?
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by Nobody: 3:01am On Jun 18, 2013
99cent:

dude. It seems like you don't follow the news.

---In Dec-January, news broke that Israel was sterilizing Ethiopian women in Israel. or at least forcing very strong birth control medicine (same one used to sterilize animals) on them and then lying to the woman by claiming that they were being vaccinated. This scandal was picked up by international press in January.

---In February, Israel crowns an Ethiopian woman as its most beautiful woman. Miss Israel grin grin grin how fast they put their Public Relations dept to use.

hmm coincidence much?
The irony is the saddest considering the genocide israelis faced in d past in Europe. yet they are now choosing to carry out genocide on a population in their midst.

you do know the "source" of this story was a widely discredited TV interview right? Many of you are stunningly ignorant.
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by 99cent: 3:02am On Jun 18, 2013
davidylan:

1. they are not treated as second citizens, that is another nonsensical falsehood propagated by those with a devious agenda.

You need to go and sit down in a corner. your comments aren't making any sense at all. in fact, u are only stubbornly grasping at straws.
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by Nobody: 3:03am On Jun 18, 2013
99cent:

you are very mistaken. The African Jews are not any less entitled to Israel as European or Asiatic jews.
That is the misconception on your part that just because they are black, they are unworthy of going "home" to israel.

Israel cannot refuse to admit Ethiopian jews because the very existence of Israel is to serve as home to all jews around the world whether in the middle east/asia (brown), europe (white), or africa (black). jews are technically not actually a race. There are different sects

Ashkenazi, the Jews of Germany and Northern France (in Hebrew, Ashkenaz)

· Sephardi, the Jews of Iberia (in Hebrew, Sepharad) and the Spanish diaspora

· Mizrahi, or Oriental Jews

Beta Israel (Ethiopian jews)

Bene Israel (Indian Jews)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_Israel

Did you even read the post you were quoting? I was simply talking about immigration laws and not whether one race of people are entitled to Israel or not. Apparently you have an agenda... one that is opposed to the very notion of a jewish state.

Israel didnt refuse ethiopian jews... if you paid any shred of attention you would have known that the airlift of ethiopian jews to Israel was a project of the ISRAELI GOVERNMENT itself. It was called "operation solomon" and over 14500 Ethiopians were airlifted to Israel. But of course dont let facts get in the way of your utterly brainless pontificating.
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by 99cent: 3:05am On Jun 18, 2013
davidylan:

Did you even read the post you were quoting? I was simply talking about immigration laws and not whether one race of people are entitled to Israel or not. Apparently you have an agenda... one that is opposed to the very notion of a jewish state.

Every 1st generation Jew in Israel is an "immigrant" technically. whether they come from Russia or Germany or USA or Syria or Ethiopia. Many of them came to israel because they were escaping from something. whether it is a feeling of homelessness or persecution.
Your assertion that Ethiopian jews should "settle" for second class citizenship because they come from a third world country is very senseless.
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by Nobody: 3:07am On Jun 18, 2013
99cent:

Every Jew in Israel is an immigrant. whether they come from Russia or Germany or USA or Syria or Ethiopia.
Your assertion that Ethiopian jews should "settle" for second class citizenship because they come from a third world country is very senseless.

But i never made that claim in my post. To claim so is sheer idiocy. I simply said that blacks (the non-ethiopians whinning about being kicked out of Israel) are not owed a life in Israel just by virtue of skin color. The Ethiopian jews are not the ones complaining... it is mostly sudanese migrants.

Back to your first sentence... i struggle to see the common-sense there. Technically ever American (but for a tiny number of native indians) are immigrants from Europe. Should that mean America should have no immigration rules?
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by 99cent: 3:09am On Jun 18, 2013
davidylan: The Ethiopian jews are not the ones complaining... it is mostly sudanese migrants.

^again, another nonsensical comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63gMMsDOm8Y
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by Nobody: 3:10am On Jun 18, 2013
99cent:

You need to go and sit down in a corner. your comments aren't making any sense at all. in fact, u are only stubbornly grasping at straws.

Why dont you provide your own facts? All i have seen from you so far is incredulous hot air. When your assertions are questioned you resort to the time-tested route of the ad hominems. shame.
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by 99cent: 3:11am On Jun 18, 2013
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by Nobody: 3:13am On Jun 18, 2013
99cent:

^again, another nonsensical comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63gMMsDOm8Y

The same "discrimination" exists in America, UK, Germany, Nigeria... so what is new? Afterall those same migrants where shot at by Egypt, decimated in Somalia and enslaved in sudan... at least Israel flies them into Israel for free and provides them a society of laws that can address their problems. I could provide youtube videos of Rodney King... i suppose that means all of America is bad right?

Sheer lunacy.
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by Nobody: 3:14am On Jun 18, 2013
99cent:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acnEIUKI7_Y

The same racial segregation exists in Saudi arabia, Italy, Egypt, Iraq, India, Ghana, South Africa... so what is special here besides your irrational hate of the jewish nation?
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by 99cent: 3:17am On Jun 18, 2013
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by 99cent: 3:20am On Jun 18, 2013
davidylan:

The same racial segregation exists in Saudi arabia, Italy, Egypt, Iraq, India, Ghana, South Africa... so what is special here besides your irrational hate of the jewish nation?

hahaha digging yourself into a much bigger hole aren't you.
in 2013, you are openly showing your support for apartheid. clap for urself.

anyway,
Humans are humans afterall. Who knew that even israelis (known for the horrors they went through in europe and around d world.) themselves can be capable of genocide toward "lesser" members of their own.
They built their whole identity around the holocaust/"persecution victim" image yet they are very careless in the way they handle their internal affairs by persecuting certain of their own members.

let's just hope that this botchy public relations job (black miss israel) works to their benefit to assuage the tensions going on right now after the recent revelation of the sterilization scandal.
Re: Yityish Aynaw - Black Miss Israel by Nobody: 3:43am On Jun 18, 2013
99cent:

hahaha digging yourself into a much bigger hole aren't you.
in 2013, you are openly showing your support for apartheid. clap for urself.

anyway,
Humans are humans afterall. Who knew that even israelis (known for the horrors they went through in europe and around d world.) themselves can be capable of genocide toward "lesser" members of their own.
They built their whole identity around the holocaust/"persecution victim" image yet they are very careless in the way they handle their internal affairs by persecuting certain of their own members.

let's just hope that this botchy public relations job (black miss israel) works to their benefit to assuage the tensions going on right now after the recent revelation of the sterilization scandal.

my point was really very simple... discrimination occurs everywhere. It seems suspicious that most of you are only worried about discrimination in Israel... seems to me to be motivated by an ulterior motive. In Israel you can at least rally against discrimination, in muslim nations you're just lucky to still have your head on your neck. but of course, i wouldnt expect a devious individual like you to note the hypocrisy now would I.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pls I Need A Good Toning Cream For A Skin / Diamond-studded Handbag Costs $180,000, Has 1,000-year Guarantee :o / Reno Omokri: Why Must A Woman Be Sexy, When She Can Simply Be Lovely?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.