Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,241 members, 7,923,198 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 08:15 PM

Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread - Phones (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread (299981 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Impulse80(m): 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
macbeyland: no nothing, just that it discharges so fast. I did a test today and discovered that screen brightness set at hundred alone draws the battery at the rate of 1 percent every 2 and a half minutes.

N.B. With screen brightness set to full, 3g on and normal browsing with operamini, my battery is discharging at the rate of 1 percent every 2 minutes. so that gives around 200 minutes from full to empty. this means that I get 3hours 20 minutes with this usage. 3g on, 100 percent screen brightness, operamini browsing without any streaming or downloading,. PLEASE HOUSE, IS THIS NORMAL?

Guy na you dey kill your battery o! Even in broad daylight my screen brightness no dey reach 50%! Better go and Google how to conserve smart phone battery!
Also try not to use your phone while charging and once in a while run the battery down, switch it off and charge to 100% b4 turning it back on.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Larrybillz(m): 11:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
nani.666:

It's your application memory that's running low....you need to decompress your application memory... That is goto manage apps and move some of your apps to your SD card....that's the solution to your problem
I HAVE DONE SO BRO BUH THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE.. I NOTICED THAT IT IS THE SYSTEMS CAPACITY MEMORY THAT IS FILLED UP.. STILL HAVE MORE THAN 4GB ON THE PHONE CAPACITY MEMORY AND LESS THAN 2GB ON THE EXTERNAL SD... DUNNO WHY I STILL GET THAT MSSG.. #SMONE PLEASE HELP ME.. MA FONE is too slow now #Thanks
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Seyilome(m): 11:28pm On Nov 01, 2013
E3 on my mind come november 25
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by kayceeukah007(m): 11:39pm On Nov 01, 2013
Pls house this might be the wrong thread for my question but I will appreciate your help...... Instagram app shows me that my IP address has been flagged as an open proxy.....who knows what might be the cause.... Response will be appreciated. Thank you
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by princeparis(m): 5:32am On Nov 02, 2013
I just installed the canvas 4 ROM. Everything works fine except that there is no camera app. I flashed the camera/gallery app posted awhile back and was able to get the gallery but still no way to access my camera. What next?
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by princeparis(m): 1:29pm On Nov 02, 2013
@godvilla and 4peace. How can I get my camera to work o. If not I go vex o.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by macbeyland(m): 4:09pm On Nov 02, 2013
I just found a very good way of conserving battery power on Gionee e3. search for the pro version of DU battery saver and install. the phone must be rooted. then go to saver option and enable lower CPU frequency. what this does is to automatically reduce the number of cores working whenever you turn off the backlight thereby conserving battery power by 50-75percent. This has more advantage than the in built power saver because you can still be runing on 3g, data and sync on while your phone is idle, but at that point, the phone will be operating on a lower frequency thereby saving battery power. I ran a test, I turned off my backlight but left everything on, (3g, 2go, bbm, facebook chat) all were connected and running, powered by my MTN open vpn tweak. After about 30 minutes, I noticed that I only lost 3 percent of my battery. Normally, if the screen were on and I was doing the same thing, I would have lost around 20 percent of my battery. if the screen was off and I was doing the same, I would lose around 11 to 12 percent. so this is worth a huge try. remember to grant superuser access to DU battery saver when you turn lower frequency on.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 02, 2013
macbeyland: I just found a very good way of conserving battery power on Gionee e3. search for the pro version of DU battery saver and install. the phone must be rooted. then go to saver option and enable lower CPU frequency. what this does is to automatically reduce the number of cores working whenever you turn off the backlight thereby conserving battery power by 50-75percent. This has more advantage than the in built power saver because you can still be runing on 3g, data and sync on while your phone is idle, but at that point, the phone will be operating on a lower frequency thereby saving battery power. I ran a test, I turned off my backlight but left everything on, (3g, 2go, bbm, facebook chat) all were connected and running, powered by my MTN open vpn tweak. After about 30 minutes, I noticed that I only lost 3 percent of my battery. Normally, if the screen were on and I was doing the same thing, I would have lost around 20 percent of my battery. if the screen was off and I was doing the same, I would lose around 11 to 12 percent. so this is worth a huge try. remember to grant superuser access to DU battery saver when you turn lower frequency on.
my junior brother sleeps of every night wit all his apps running and on waking up, if his battery was 79 then it would be 77..... and note, dis is overnyt... up to 5hrs .. witout no du battery saver nada... SO GO CHECK UR BATTERY... IT AINT A GOOD ONE
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by macbeyland(m): 4:14pm On Nov 02, 2013
prince paris: @godvilla and 4peace. How can I get my camera to work o. If not I go vex o.
God knows I am not touching my rom until I see a cooked rom that is 100 percent working.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by macbeyland(m): 4:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
deejay_harry1: my junior brother sleeps of every night wit all his apps running and on waking up, if his battery was 79 then it would be 77..... and note, dis is overnyt... up to 5hrs .. witout no du battery saver nada... SO GO CHECK UR BATTERY... IT AINT A GOOD ONE
does he keep 3g on? tell him to try leaving 3g on and he should set it to 3g only, not automatic, where the phone has the liberty to select either 3g or EDGE. Do this and see how it dries your battery. my Sim 2 is set to 3g only. this doesn't give it the liberty to switch to EDGE anytime. please do this and post your results. That 3g constantly on is what eats my battery.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by macbeyland(m): 4:29pm On Nov 02, 2013
I have just reduced my CPU clock speed from 1200 mhz to 750mhz. so far I haven't noticed any lag from normal usage. let me see how much percentage gain this gives to my battery. I will post my findings.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
macbeyland:
does he keep 3g on? tell him to try leaving 3g on and he should set it to 3g only, not automatic, where the phone has the liberty to select either 3g or EDGE. Do this and see how it dries your battery. my Sim 2 is set to 3g only. this doesn't give it the liberty to switch to EDGE anytime. please do this and post your results. That 3g constantly on is what eats my battery.
he even hates running EDGE.. even witout downloading, his 3g is always on....

#check ur battery if its faulty... or check wats eating it up...

u can run a battery calibration afresh if ur battery has dis problem..

or flash a super charge script V6...

ur battery aint good if ur earlier statement is so..
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by LordReed(m): 4:50pm On Nov 02, 2013
kayceeukah007: Pls house this might be the wrong thread for my question but I will appreciate your help...... Instagram app shows me that my IP address has been flagged as an open proxy.....who knows what might be the cause.... Response will be appreciated. Thank you

Are you using a vpn service?
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by kayceeukah007(m): 5:07pm On Nov 02, 2013
My brother am not using any VPN o.....am just using airtel normal plan on my phone....I need help o

Lord_Reed:

Are you using a vpn service?
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by macbeyland(m): 5:08pm On Nov 02, 2013
deejay_harry1: instead of messing with ur cores and bothering urself...

just flash in a super charge v6 script on ur phone, mount it with ur build.prop

ur phone will take 27mins to drop just one percent , full brightness on, 3G rolling with all apps...

go to xda or basedroid and look up how to supercharge with v6 script...

#WINNER TAKES EARTH...
oh, thanks BRO. please could you give me the direct link to the xda site for this?
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by coobboy(m): 5:21pm On Nov 02, 2013
Please how do I check my inboc messages on naira land help
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 02, 2013
macbeyland: oh, thanks BRO. please could you give me the direct link to the xda site for this?

[url]forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276[/url]

GOOD LUCK MAHNN..
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 5:46pm On Nov 02, 2013
coobboy: Please how do I check my inboc messages on naira land help
ur email.... if it aint in inbox, check spam folder
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by coobboy(m): 7:57pm On Nov 02, 2013
deejay_harry1: ur email.... if it aint in inbox, check spam folder
Oh thanks man
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by macbeyland(m): 8:25pm On Nov 02, 2013
deejay_harry1:

[url]forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276[/url]

GOOD LUCK MAHNN..
thanks bro. I will post my results.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by macbeyland(m): 9:40pm On Nov 02, 2013
macbeyland: thanks bro. I will post my results.
am really struggling to make sense of the whole thing
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by directonpc(m): 11:56pm On Nov 02, 2013
I pray this new ota update gets to Nigeria. Though me no see much In it. But d1 users go smile pass. Update from 4.1 to 4.2 is now ready
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Wazzaowner(m): 1:05am On Nov 03, 2013
Ani1 noticed heatin of dis phone around d camera area durin usage..??
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Impulse80(m): 1:13am On Nov 03, 2013
Wazzaowner: Ani1 noticed heatin of dis phone around d camera area durin usage..??
not exactly heating. More like warmth, it's quite normal when playing games or on 3g.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Wazzaowner(m): 5:37am On Nov 03, 2013
plzz guys help me out.. mi battery barely last 5hours on heavy usage wth Edge network.. is it normal.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:17am On Nov 03, 2013
Wazzaowner: plzz guys help me out.. mi battery barely last 5hours on heavy usage wth Edge network.. is it normal.
NO... not normal..
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by SweetSoup(m): 7:27am On Nov 03, 2013
4peace:

the battery is ok but it your choice not mine

be me not dey worry about the battery
4peace can you help me with a link to download premium version of undelete, thanks and happy blessed Sunday.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:21am On Nov 03, 2013
kayceeukah007: Pls house this might be the wrong thread for my question but I will appreciate your help...... Instagram app shows me that my IP address has been flagged as an open proxy.....who knows what might be the cause.... Response will be appreciated. Thank you

Sorry this is coming late!! But if you still need help on it.here is how to go about it.
Try logging into instagram using your facebook details.
I once had such issues on my samsung s3 but I logged in with my facebook accout and it signed me in easily.give me a reply to let me know if its works.
Blessed week ahead!!
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by princeparis(m): 11:47am On Nov 03, 2013
Help a brother. Anybody with a CWM backup of the stock rom that stays around Abeokuta or Ikeja should please holler. I dey beg o.

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (161) (Reply)

Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know / ### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ###

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.