Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,977 members, 7,876,686 topics. Date: Monday, 01 July 2024 at 01:20 AM

Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread - Phones (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread (297405 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Tecno P5 Discussion Thread / Tecno N7, F7, Gionee E3, G2 Gpad & Infinix 450: Which Phone Is The Best One? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 10:18am On Aug 10, 2013
slinkman: u mean dis same f7 i use dosnt get hot?? lol make i no.talk.. i wish i went for dis gionee...

still planning to buy it tho... pls 4peace , d xperia hd rom godvilla posted, is it cool and bug free?? do u advice i flash it into d phone.. thnx ..

d f7 is a nice phone.. but nothing special.. i use it...

i will personally recommend xperia HD rom for any e3 user cos that is only stable rom so far out of 4 i tried
namely
1.infinity HD v1-50% stable
2.infinity HD v2-60% stable
3.xperia HD v1-90% stable
all 3 made by lalibm
4.Gamerzrom-stock at boot

check here for more details
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2399419

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...5#post44463985

it is my opinion ooooooooooooooooo
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 10:25am On Aug 10, 2013
TrebleChamp: Does the allshare or flashshare app work with this phone and where can I download it? It didn't come pre-installed.

let me test it
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 10:53am On Aug 10, 2013
ok here you go flashshare for E3

flashshare for E3 here

3 Likes

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by slinkman(m): 11:22am On Aug 10, 2013
TrebleChamp: Mod pls take note of dis dude, I think his aim is to get this thread deleted like the f7.
lol.. he is d mod..
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by slinkman(m): 11:28am On Aug 10, 2013
4peace

.. i just downloaded d xperia rom nw.. and i got no idea wat to do next.. or even wat cwm is.. pls hw do i get dis xperia hd into my ph0ne?? and i saw a post like backup stock rom.. pls how do i backup my original followcome rom?? and hw do i flash dis xperia hd?? thnx bro...
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 11:49am On Aug 10, 2013
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GIONEE ELIFE E3's CWM RECOVERY, CUSTOM ROMS AND STOCK FIRMWARES!!!

[url=forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=44463985#post44463985]CLICK HERE[/url]

2 Likes

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by dasdexter(m): 11:57am On Aug 10, 2013
Godvilla: EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT GIONEE ELIFE E3 AND CWM RECOVERY, CUSTOM ROMS AND STOCK FIRMWARES!!!

[url=forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=44463985#post44463985][color=#770077CLICK HERE
[/url][/color]
, dude u rock, lyk i said jst ignore ant idiat dats tryin to contradict ya

1 Like

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
slinkman: 4peace

.. i just downloaded d xperia rom nw.. and i got no idea wat to do next.. or even wat cwm is.. pls hw do i get dis xperia hd into my ph0ne?? and i saw a post like backup stock rom.. pls how do i backup my original followcome rom?? and hw do i flash dis xperia hd?? thnx bro...

go here http://forum.xda-developers.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=44478530
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by fifteen(m): 3:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
Zeddicus:
I don't want to get my hands dirty with the madness in this thread.
I didn't say I was buying a second hand phone. If you were able to read between the lines you'd have understood that.
I held off from paying the dealer of the phone for mine so I could see all the shortcomings of the phone first. Simple.
Take it or leave it, bunch of the 'reviews' here are from dealers and their cohorts.

Baba zeddicus, please I have been trying to reach U so i decided to quote on of your post here but it is about BetOnMarket not your post. I wanna enter betonmarket but de easiest strategy is what I do not know. So here are My questions please

Is unclenna 11am strategy still working?
Which pairs does it work for the most?
Which broker platform do you use when trading BOM?...So as to pick precise open high low and close data.

Please pm me Ur facebook username so as to send U a friend request. I can't see anywhere to pm here though I'm new to nairaland.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by TrebleChamp(m): 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2013
4peace: ok here you go flashshare for E3

flashshare for E3 here

This is wat dis thread is about, thanks man.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 4:21pm On Aug 10, 2013
@Fifteen..I've left those things since. So can't answer your questions. There are threads for it they can help you. Sorry.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by omobone(m): 4:23pm On Aug 10, 2013
Please, can somebody educate us on why the benefits of using a Custom ROM outweighs using the ROM that comes with the phone? Is it that apps and games run better or what?...let us know. Thanks guys.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by fifteen(m): 5:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
Zeddicus: @Fifteen..I've left those things since. So can't answer your questions. There are threads for it they can help you. Sorry.

well no wahala, thanks, I'll keep checking. kindly tell me which thread I will follow.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by directonpc(m): 6:28pm On Aug 10, 2013
gionee is really building its customer support here in naija. HappY about that.
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by slinkman(m): 7:29pm On Aug 10, 2013
thnx guys.. dis thread too make sense mahn...
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 1:18am On Aug 11, 2013
slinkman: u mean dis same f7 i use dosnt get hot?? lol make i no.talk.. i wish i went for dis gionee...

still planning to buy it tho... pls 4peace , d xperia hd rom godvilla posted, is it cool and bug free?? do u advice i flash it into d phone.. thnx ..

d f7 is a nice phone.. but nothing special.. i use it...
no you don't
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 1:21am On Aug 11, 2013
TrebleChamp: Does the allshare or flashshare app work with this phone and where can I download it? It didn't come pre-installed.
beg someone that has tecno to send you the app. Ask politely too or nothing for you
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Coolstan: 1:26am On Aug 11, 2013
TrebleChamp: Mod pls take note of dis dude, I think his aim is to get this thread deleted like the f7.
yes like you guys did the f7 thread? And what would I stand to gain if not lose valuable time? This thread is for users and potential users to help each other out, share ideas and apps and give hands on reviews on the device but I guess you ppl didn't know that when you shut down the f7 thread with your silly posts

1 Like

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by TrebleChamp(m): 8:39am On Aug 11, 2013
For ur eyez

1 Like

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 6:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
omobone: Please, can somebody educate us on why the benefits of using a Custom ROM outweighs using the ROM that comes with the phone? Is it that apps and games run better or what?...let us know. Thanks guys.

since i was banned for 24hrs for posting link,i will do copy and paste without source

What is a ROM?

ROM is the software that runs on the Android devices which is stored in the Read Only Memory. To classify, ROMs are of two types – Stock ROM and Custom ROM.

Stock ROM – It is provided by the manufacturer and the version varies as per the policies of the company. It also limits the access of tech savvy’s.

Custom ROM – This version is developed by a developer or hacker that enables the users to customize their applications or software, thereby improving the performance drastically.

There are both advantages and disadvantages in using custom ROMs for Android devices. Before loading custom ROMs, you need to root your android device. Rooting will help you to change your privilege from “guest” to “super user”. When you buy the device, you will be having only guest privilege since you will not be able to access all the codes as the manufacturer locks it up. It is considered as a protective measure, but the tech savvy’s are disappointed by this action as they cannot use many potential features or update it.

Advantages of using custom ROMs

Updated versions: You can load the latest and available Android versions which can make your old phone look new.
Great number of feature filled custom ROMs: It will be a chaotic task for you to find the apt one as there are bunches of great custom ROMs available for different devices.
Personalization: There are a number of features that can be customized to suit your taste and working environment. For instance, Custom themes can bring a new look and feel to your device.
Improve performance: The custom ROMs allow its users to find out the unnecessary apps they have on their device and helps them to get rid of them, thus increases the speed of processing and improves battery life.
Install Apps on SD card: This is currently not possible with stock ROMs. If your phone ran out of space occasionally when install new apps this is a killer feature to have.
Better signal and quality: Custom ROMs help you to improve your base-band which in turn increases the signal and quality of your phone call.

Disadvantages of Using Custom ROMs

Bricking: This is one of the main reason why people hesitate to root their devices. Some devices after the rooting process may become useless and the only option left with you is to get a new one as the manufacturer will cancel the warranty if they find any attempts of rooting.
Loss of all Data: When you install a new custom ROM, it will clean up your system and therefor you will loss all your installed apps and data.
Risk Factor: Most of the apps will be open source and the trust you have on developers may cause a potential risk to you in the future.
Reboot: If the rooting is not successfully done, the device may enter to an infinite loop of booting.
Here, we have listed some of the pros and cons of using custom ROMs, so make it sure that you seek the advice of a professional before making a move.

author:Jose Tinto of Andromint
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by milee: 6:55pm On Aug 11, 2013
4peace:

since i was banned for 24hrs for posting link,i will do copy and paste without source

What is a ROM?

ROM is the software that runs on the Android devices which is stored in the Read Only Memory. To classify, ROMs are of two types – Stock ROM and Custom ROM.

Stock ROM – It is provided by the manufacturer and the version varies as per the policies of the company. It also limits the access of tech savvy’s.

Custom ROM – This version is developed by a developer or hacker that enables the users to customize their applications or software, thereby improving the performance drastically.

There are both advantages and disadvantages in using custom ROMs for Android devices. Before loading custom ROMs, you need to root your android device. Rooting will help you to change your privilege from “guest” to “super user”. When you buy the device, you will be having only guest privilege since you will not be able to access all the codes as the manufacturer locks it up. It is considered as a protective measure, but the tech savvy’s are disappointed by this action as they cannot use many potential features or update it.

Advantages of using custom ROMs

Updated versions: You can load the latest and available Android versions which can make your old phone look new.
Great number of feature filled custom ROMs: It will be a chaotic task for you to find the apt one as there are bunches of great custom ROMs available for different devices.
Personalization: There are a number of features that can be customized to suit your taste and working environment. For instance, Custom themes can bring a new look and feel to your device.
Improve performance: The custom ROMs allow its users to find out the unnecessary apps they have on their device and helps them to get rid of them, thus increases the speed of processing and improves battery life.
Install Apps on SD card: This is currently not possible with stock ROMs. If your phone ran out of space occasionally when install new apps this is a killer feature to have.
Better signal and quality: Custom ROMs help you to improve your base-band which in turn increases the signal and quality of your phone call.

Disadvantages of Using Custom ROMs

Bricking: This is one of the main reason why people hesitate to root their devices. Some devices after the rooting process may become useless and the only option left with you is to get a new one as the manufacturer will cancel the warranty if they find any attempts of rooting.
Loss of all Data: When you install a new custom ROM, it will clean up your system and therefor you will loss all your installed apps and data.
Risk Factor: Most of the apps will be open source and the trust you have on developers may cause a potential risk to you in the future.
Reboot: If the rooting is not successfully done, the device may e to an infinite loop of booting.
Here, we have listed some of the pros and cons of using custom ROMs, so make it sure that you seek the advice of a professional before making a move.
About the "install app to sd" ,is there alternative app to move apps to sd after been installed on phone? l mean for those that do not have thier phone rooted.

author:Jose Tinto of Andromint

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 12, 2013
GIONEE ELIFE E3 INTENSIVE REVIEW
CLICK HERE

I think am satisfied with this review and user opinions. Iv made up mind. Its Gionee E3 or no other!

1 Like

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by slinkman(m): 12:48pm On Aug 12, 2013
Gravitizer: GIONEE ELIFE E3 INTENSIVE REVIEW
CLICK HERE

I think am satisfied with this review and user opinions. Iv made up mind. Its Gionee E3 or no other!
u will never regret it.. yhu can youtube, blulife play.. its d same device, but name change... even d white folks love dis phone..... too cool
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by directonpc(m): 2:31pm On Aug 12, 2013
Good morning everybody I have good news! Nigerian OTA updates
for E3 would be coming by the end of August. We would let you
know the exact date as soon as possible.
From gionee fb page

2 Likes

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by slinkman(m): 2:47pm On Aug 12, 2013
directonpc: Good morning everybody I have good news! Nigerian OTA updates
From gionee fb page
as in everytin bout dis device, too sweet...
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by slinkman(m): 2:47pm On Aug 12, 2013
From gionee fb page
From gionee fb page
From gionee fb page
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by directonpc(m): 3:00pm On Aug 12, 2013
slinkman: as in everytin bout dis device, too sweet...
Yes boss. With just 33k i can feel so premium. Thank U gionee. That God i neva went for a Box.

2 Likes

Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
From gionee fb page

Lolz

when i was on chinese firmware they did 2 upgrades
recent one was release on 01/08/2013

Hope the update will make it at par with india and chinese.
but from my use i discovered nigeria firmware is more stable and complete to rest #IMO
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by directonpc(m): 4:03pm On Aug 12, 2013
4peace:

Lolz

when i was on chinese firmware they did 2 upgrades
recent one was release on 01/08/2013

Hope the update will make it at par with india and chinese.
but from my use i discovered nigeria firmware is more stable and complete to rest #IMO
was u able to flash any of the custom rom straight from the nigerian firmware? Asking cause of some comments @ xda developer. And not ready to try any custom rom cause i dont see anything wrong with follow come
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by 4peace(m): 4:16pm On Aug 12, 2013
directonpc:
was u able to flash any of the custom rom straight from the nigerian firmware? Asking cause of some comments @ xda developer. And not ready to try any custom rom cause i dont see anything wrong with follow come

No you can not flash any cfw rom s8 from nigeria,india firmware but you can do so with chinese.(may change later oo)

i have tried 5 rom + 1 i ported on my own=6
Re: Gionee Elife E3 Discussion Thread by directonpc(m): 4:23pm On Aug 12, 2013
4peace:

No you can not flash any cfw rom s8 from nigeria,india firmware but you can do so with chinese.(may change later oo)

i have tried 5 rom + 1 i ported on my own=6
and you are now on GioNEE default rom?

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (161) (Reply)

### Xiaomi Thread For Tweaking Of Phones & Help Spot ### / Tecno N7 5" Android Phone / List Of WAP Sites You Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.